Miczek Weddings Reviews

23 | Charlotte, NC

23 Reviews for Miczek Weddings

Gracie · Married on 10/15/2016

Jason did my bridal shoot and our wedding and I was thrilled with both results. He captured every detail without staging or making shots look "forced". He was flexible and worked well in both indoor and outdoor settings. He was very organized and schedule orientated, and he even finished editing our photos in just over a week!!! We were extremely impressed with the quality of his work and would recommend him!

C · Married on 06/13/2015

We hired Jason for both our engagement shoot and wedding day photography and I can’t say enough about him and his work. From the beginning we could tell Jason has a passion for what he does. He takes his work seriously but also has fun with it – a trait that makes you feel at ease when you’re on the other side of the lens. One of the main reasons we picked Jason was his photographic style. He comes from a photojournalism background and is fantastic at appreciating and capturing those emotional and candid moments other run-of-the-mill photographers might overlook. What resulted was an exceptional collection of engagement and wedding photos that we will cherish.
    Might I also add that his turnaround time for photos is lightning fast. It seemed like we had barely gotten back from our honeymoon when our wedding pictures were ready! You won’t find a more professional and talented photographer. Thanks again Jason!

Jason Miczek shot my engagement photos, and I am really impressed with the quality of his work. His photographs are awesome, and he is wonderful to work with. Communicating with him prior to the shoot was effortless, and working with him on that day I found his photographic style to be versatile and accommodating to us. In the end, it was a very fun day and I would absolutely recommend Miczek Weddings!!!

Stephanie · Married on 03/29/2014

We absolutely loved our wedding photos! From the very beginning working with Jason we were at ease and knew we were going to have an amazing photographer. Jason went above and beyond to make us comfortable and we always knew what to expect. He was responsive, helpful, creative, and made our wedding incredibly special. The photos he took are priceless. They are not only beautiful but he really captured everything important about our day and now we have a storybook of pictures to remember it. Everyone has been telling me how amazing our photos are and how I must have hired a National Geographic type photographer to do our wedding. That is exactly what I think when I see them too! They are not the typical cookie cutter photos... they are professionally taken and look like they came straight out of a magazine. We were so incredibly not only with our photos but working with Jason. He is not only truly talented but a wonderful person. I would absolutely hire him to shoot our wedding all over again. If you go with him you will definitely not be disappointed!

Maggie · Married on 11/02/2013

We hired Jason to do our complete wedding photography package and it was the best and easiest decision we made in the whole wedding planning process! I had seen Jason's work as a wedding guest of a friend a few years before, and was eager to hire him for my own wedding. Jason's work was exceptional on all accounts. With Jason behind the camera the process was relaxed, professional, and FUN!
    The day of the wedding I got many comments from the guests about how wonderful Jason's work was to watch and to be a part of! Discrete and efficient, Jason was there for every important moment without being in the way. During the portrait session with our family and friends he was professional, patient, and flexible as he organized groups and navigated the crowds. Not only are the resulting pictures incredibly beautiful, but they tell an amazing story and show the beauty of the moment from all perspectives. I think the best testament that I can make to the work that Jason does is
    Since working with Jason for my wedding I have hired him for a number of other photo shoots for both professional and personal events. Each time I work with him I am more impressed with his skill, personality, and professionalism. I would recommend Jason Miczek Photography for your wedding, or any event in your life where you want to preserve the beauty of the moment and the richness of the experience.

Brittany · Married on 10/18/2013

We could not have asked for a more professional, hardworking photographer to capture our wedding. Weeks before our big day, Jason took time to carefully plan how he would photograph every minute of the day. From the bridesmaids and groomsmen getting ready and guests arriving, to the ceremony, details of the reception and portraits of me and my husband, he had a vision every step of the way. Each shot was unique and beautiful. I would highly recommend Jason for your next event.

As a wedding photographer myself, you would think I would have a hard time settling for any single photographer for my own wedding. But it really wasn't difficult at all. A week after our engagement, when my now-wife started planning the big day, she asked me who I wanted to photograph it and I told her that in a dream world it would be Jason Miczek. We worked it out and managed to get him, and I can't imagine having picked anyone else. If you're smart, you'll go with Jason.

Caroline · Married on 09/28/2013

I can't say enough how glad I am that I now know Jason Miczek. He shot my engagement photos, bridal portraits and wedding photos with unflagging energy and enthusiasm. As a journalist, I appreciate that Jason is a former photojournalist because he knows how to use his photos to tell a story -- from the shots of my dad hugging me when he first saw me in my dress to the teary eyes at the altar to my husband's and my final dance.

Another example: my husband and I are both newspaper reporters. So as part of our engagement shoot, Jason took pictures of us in the newsroom and even had the idea to get photos by the presses. It added a whole new dimension to our engagement photos, and -- as I mentioned -- it helped tell our story.

Jason also brings an assistant, a fellow professional photographer, with him on the Big Day, which allows him to take lots of photos of both the bridesmaids and groomsmen getting ready. It's a winning combo.
    And one of my favorite things about him is that his photo packages already include a disc of all the photos, which you can use to make prints on your own. (You also have the option to order directly from him.)

In short: Jason is great and well worth the money!

• Bethany

Bethany · Married on 07/05/2013

Jason did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos! He is prompt, responsive and works so hard to make sure he captures every moment. Our pictures are wonderful and we are so glad we chose Jason for our special day!

Anastasia · Married on 06/08/2013

Jason was amazing. We were really pleased with our photos get compliments on them all the time. Jason was very flexible and made himself available for last minute events we decided we wanted photographed. He was unobtrusive, but was also able to get some amazing photographs of our event. Very easy to work with - we'd absolutley recommend him.

Lori · Married on 10/26/2012

Jason gave us the most BEAUTIFUL photographs of our wedding! I could not have asked for anything better! He did not miss anything. I am going to have a hard time deciding what pictures to chose for my album!! Everyone is talking about my pictures and asking me where I found such a wonderful photographer! My photographer was one of my most important features of my wedding. I am so lucky that I had Jason for my engagement and wedding photos since at the end of the day, all you will have left of the most important and special day of you life is your memories and pictures.

I would recommend Jason to everyone as he is professional, prompt (VERY), a good deal and most importantly an amazing artist!!

• Mary Ann

Mary Ann · Married on 06/09/2012

I'm a journalist and graphic artist. So, when it came time to talk about wedding photography, I wanted someone who understands storytelling, someone who would fit in, so that our families and guests would be comfortable, and someone who is easy to work with and reliable. We got all that and much more by hiring Jason. He's passionate about photography, he works his tail off to get THE BEST shots and he's a fun guy who gets along with people. His professionalism and knowledge made it easy for me to concentrate on having fun and enjoying the day. Our families and friends loved him and the photos he got are simply amazing. Beautiful photographs that truly tell the story of our wedding day. I've recommended him to everyone I know. He's the best.

Justin · Married on 11/05/2011

Professional, approachable and courteous are only some of the words that come to mind regarding the service provided by Jason Miczek. His ability to capture moments as they unfold in their natural setting is breathtaking! He is a gifted artist who is passionate about his work. Thank you for the photographic memories. We will cheirsh them forever.

Lindsay · Married on 08/13/2011

We had a wonderful experience with Jason at Miczek Photography and I would (and do) suggest him to anyone I know who is looking for a photographer. The Miczek Photography team made our day special by capturing the moments that I was not able to see as the bride. They were so professional, and I never even noticed they were taking pictures. Jason listened to what I wanted out of our photos and was so attentive. At my bridal portrait shooting he even showed me the photos on his camera before I left! I live in Charleston and Jason was always willing to schedule around the times when I would be home. He even tries to set up a meeting with the couple before the wedding, so he can get an idea of the relationship before the big day! I have heard horror stories of wedding photos taking up to a year to get back, but we had ours back in less than a month! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Miczek Photography and I highly recommend using them.

gretchen · Married on 06/18/2011

Jason was a delight to work with from the first time we met to the delivery of our album. We'd heard great things about his work from two sources we knew personally, and chose him because of his ability to capture little details and candid moments. He's incredibly responsive, friendly and hard-working, and knows how to strike the right balance between offering his opinion and listening to what his couples want. As a result, we have more favorite shots from our engagement session and wedding weekend than we could possibly display at one time, and look forward to showing off our album for years to come. Thank you, Jason!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/04/2011

Jason photographed our wedding and did our engagement portraits beforehand. He made us (and our families) feel completely comfortable... and in turn, look good. Not only did we love the pictures, but we enjoyed having him with us to document everything. He did a nice blend of photojournalism and artistic portraits. He captured so many wonderful little details we would otherwise forget. He works hard and clearly loves what he does, and it shows in his work.

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/07/2011

Jason and his secondary photographer were wonderful to work with. I had the pleasure to meet him through a friends wedding and was very happy when his schedule could accommodate our wedding. He made us feel very comfortable and at ease with the engagement shoot and the wedding day. We would strongly recommend Jason for any photography needs.

Keri · Married on 04/09/2011

We had the BEST experience with Jason. He really cares about getting the most gorgeous photos. He surprised us with the coolest shots we never even knew he took. Jason didn't miss a moment, and when we look at our photos, we clearly remember what a fun and beautiful wedding it was. Several of our friends have told us that out pictures are "the best wedding photos they've ever seen." If you are looking for a professional photographer that never misses a moment, you have found him. I recommend that you hire him immediately.

Amanda · Married on 12/03/2010

I'm so glad we found Jason -- we will always cherish the beautiful pictures he took on our big day! It was a pleasure working with him (fun, actually!) and I'd recommend him to anyone. He's amazingly talented. Just tell him your vision and let him make it come alive -- you won't be disappointed!

Megan · Married on 10/02/2010

Jason was introduced to us through friends who knew were were looking for a photographer for our wedding. We were instantly won over by how easy-going he is and how comfortable we were around him. Although we found ourselves becoming friends with him, he was always very professional about our business arrangement. We never felt pressured to have him shoot more than what we were looking for. He was also very receptive to the experience we wanted on our wedding day and the types of photos we wanted. We wanted very few posed photos on the day of the wedding, and were looking for someone who could capture the special moments on our wedding day without our having to contrive them. We were very pleased with the results.

Julie · Married on 06/18/2010

Jason Miczek's photography was the very best investment that we made for our wedding (and engagement). His photos are outstanding. What we loved most about his work was how natural the photos looked. There were very few "posed" photos. He caught the true emotions of the day and at the same time made us look great! Jason was so easy to work with. He really makes you feel at ease so you can relax, be yourself, and get the best very photos. On the day of the wedding, Jason and his photographers were everywhere incognito. We were so surprised to see all the shots he caught because we couldn't even remember him being there for some of them. He moved so quickly and quietly, he was like a shadow amongst the crowd. This was important to us because we had been to weddings where the photographers were quiet intrusive, even during the ceremony. We literally had thousands of photos to choose from after our wedding and they were ready and waiting for us online in record time. We interviewed a LOT of photographers and found less expensive options but none of them demonstrated the quality in their craft or were able to establish the customer relationships that Jason did. It was so worth the investment. Everything else will be just a memory but pictures will last forever. If you hire Jason, you know it is one less thing to worry about. You can just relax and know, no matter what (bad hair day, bad makeup, it doesn't matter), your pictures are going to look great and you will have so much fun having your picture taken. We loved him so much, we asked him to come back to do our maternity photos.

Scott · Married on 11/02/2013

My wife and I couldn't be happier with Jason. The photos are UNBELIEVABLE. It was awesome to see dozens of our friends changing their Facebook profile pics to one of Jason's photos the day we share them on FB. It was an amazing show of how much everyone liked being in one of Jason's photos.

If you want a photographer you can RELAX working with, Jason's definitely the guy. We had so much fun with him photographing our wedding in Asheville...and I normally HATE having my picture taken. We had a blast! And I never felt like it took forever to get the right shot...Jason somehow got incredible photos in the blink of an eye...no awkward staging and retakes!

Amanda · Married on 04/20/2013

I'm so glad we chose Jason as our photographer for our wedding! He met with us before the wedding, to answer all of my (many) questions about the day of and so we could talk about the pictures that were on our must-have list. On our wedding day, he spent a lot of time with me and my family and fit right in, taking photos of all the various activities going on, so later I got to see things I never knew were happening, which was a lot of fun. He told us the family photos after the ceremony would be fast, and they were - he was on a mission to get all of us back to the party and it all flowed very easily. After the wedding he had all of the pictures up in his online gallery while we were still on our honeymoon, which was awesome. The photo album I purchased is one of the nicest ones I've seen - the quality of the paper and color of the pictures are really fantastic. He captured our special day wonderfully. I have already recommended him to friends, and will continue to do so!