Michigan Wedding DJ Service Reviews

80 | Royal Oak, MI

80 Reviews for Michigan Wedding DJ Service

Dan was a perfect DJ/host of ceremonies! He really kept the whole wedding running smoothly and the dance floor was full up until the last moment.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Courtney · Married on 07/13/2013

Ryan and I first met Dan at a friend's wedding three years ago. It was a great party, and we loved the music. Imagine our surprise when last summer, we ran into him again at another friend's wedding! Once again . . . awesome music selections, packed dance floor, tons of fun.

So, when we started planning our own wedding, we knew that we HAD to get Dan signed up to be a part of our big day! It was one of the best decisions we made. From my first phone call with Dan, I knew that he understood our vision for the reception, and that he had the experience, personality, class, and skills to make it happen.

Dan was incredibly responsive throughout the entire process. He spent over an hour on the phone with us the week before the ceremony, going over the exact details of our wedding party names and pronunciations, our entrance songs, a list of songs we wanted to hear and songs we didn't, and a detailed timeline to bring it all together. Dan understood our desire to get through dinner, speeches, trad. dances, etc. as quickly as possible so that we could get everyone on the dance floor and really let the party begin. He made this happen masterfully. Dan has a keen sense of timing, and knew exactly when to speed up or slow down our planned timeline to successfully direct the momentum of the party. From the first time he invited everyone up to join us (and, they actually all came!), we had a packed dance floor. And, it lasted the entire night! Guest after guest told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and everyone had a blast.

I cannot recommend Dan Nichols highly enough. He was a huge part of the success of our wedding, our friend's weddings, and hopefully more weddings that I attend in the future! Hire Dan . . . it will be one of your best decisions!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Goosebumps....... To have taken the time to write such a nice review is a true act of kindness. Thanks so much! I know everyone of us is busy with life and all we do in it so taking the time to write a recommendation means a lot. Thanks - I have the best brides and grooms for clients !

Ana · Married on 06/28/2013

Dan Nichols did a fantastic job at our wedding reception. He was very easy to work with throughout the entire process -- from our initial introduction via email, to when we spoke on the phone the week prior to discuss the flow of the evening, and then when we met in person at the actual event. Initially I was weary of not meeting face to face well in advance to discuss everything, but Dan assured me that it was best for both of us to not meet too far in advance as he likes to be able to be completely focused and not have to think about the other weddings that may be happening every weekend for months prior to my wedding day. I respected his creative mindset and was glad to have his uninterrupted attention days prior and on my wedding day. Dan was very professional in his discussion with my husband and I about introductions and very serious about announcing names correctly (which I appreciated because of foreign family names!). We provided Dan with a play list and he pretty much stuck to it, but -- as he appropriately forewarned us -- he likes to embrace the vibe of the dance floor and go with what's best in the moment. He executed this wonderfully, and our dance floor was packed the entire night! Dan fulfilled my expectations as a NON-cheesy wedding DJ. I thank him for that!!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks for a great review -- it is appreciated and AND may I have more crowds that love to dance just like yours!! I hadn't been to the Gross Point Yacht Club in some time and forgot how beautiful it was. What a night -- thanks to you both. One thing I can't forget is the electricity in the air... the raw energy. It doesn't happen often to me but I was nervous until things truly got poppin' and they indeed did -- thanks again.
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 06/01/2013

We hired Dan after receiving a professional recommendation from another wedding DJ, and I am extremely glad we listened. Dan ended up being much more than a DJ. It would be more accurate to describe what he did as a reception coordinator. Besides keeping the music going all night, Dan communicated with us, the photographers and videographers to make sure nothing was missed during the reception.

He gave his honest opinion about things from the very start and helped keep us on course. When it looked like the path our reception entrance was going to take would be a little awkward, he spoke with all the other vendors and we came up with a new plan that made for better video and pictures right on the spot. Everything went off without a hitch.

Musically he was very flexible and adept at sensing the vibe of the room. We had a huge age range but there was something for everyone played during the night. He respected our guests requests without venturing into our "Do Not Play" list or disrupting the flow of the night. We had a view songs I had custom remixed for our first dances and he worked with us so everything was exactly what we wanted.

I can't recommend Dan highly enough. He's a consummate professional from start to finish.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

I love that people make the distinction between dj and not just professional but "consummate professional" :-) . I do pride myself on giving all I can and truly plugging into an evening. Being present is my present to my clients. If a dj is their to just play music he (or she) is not doing their job. It's way beyond music and thanks for noticing.

Kyle · Married on 05/24/2013

DJ Dan did an outstanding job at our wedding. Not only did he do a great job with the music all night long, but he was also a huge help before and during our ceremony. He made a lot of great suggestions and was able to handle some last minute changes and requests.

When you hire Dan you get a true professional. He was extremely helpful throughout the night and really went above and beyond our expectations of a DJ.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Not all that glitters is gold!! Thanks for this glowing review Kyle. I will see you next year as I do your cousin's wedding. I am thankful for clients that understand the value is well beyond the music. If all the brides and grooms shopping could see the music as just one facet (though an important one) of the full picture I'd have to clone myself. Thanks thanks thanks!

jasmin · Married on 05/10/2013

The ceremony music was just as I had always dreamed it would be, the dance floor was never empty. Perfect.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Hi Jasmin, thanks once again for the opportunity to be a part of your big day. You were a great crowd and thanks for expressing your appreciation for what us pros do!

Steve · Married on 05/05/2013

DJ Dan was ...as expected ...extremely professional. We couldn't have felt more at ease with him behind the scenes

Sent on 06/03/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Steve, thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. Enjoy your time together and may there be a hundred more May 5ths...

Donald · Married on 04/27/2013

From start to finish there were always people on the dance floor. At one point during the night Dan started to play a song that caused almost everyone to walk off the dance floor. Within seconds, and before they could all make it off the floor, he changed songs and brought out more people than were out dancing prior to this. I felt that was impressive! If we had the chance to redo the night, we wouldn't hesitate to have Dan there! He is great!

Sent on 05/17/2013

Gregory · Married on 04/13/2013

I had previously seen Dan DJ at a fraternity brother's wedding. I was very confident he'd do a great job on my wedding day. He was a little more expensive than others out there, but I was willing to take the risk having seen what he could do. He did not let us down. His professionalism and attention to detail was right on during the events at the beginning of the evening. He worked well with our other vendors and took a ton of stress out of the equation as he directed the activities. Once the dancing commenced, we were a little worried that we'd have to spend a little more time out on the dance floor than anticipated considering our crowd didn't seem totally like the "dancing bunch." However, as the evening continued, the dance floor got steadily more and more full and we were very pleased with the outcome. I would highly recommend Dan if you want a solid DJ with years of experience.

In addition to what was expected, he somehow motivated the junior bridesmaid to walk into the reception during the introduction song, even though she was on the verge of having an anxiety attack. Everything went well. He also made a star out of the junior groomsman on the dance floor. These are the intangibles that are worth paying for. Thanks Dan!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Spoken like a guy that sees the angles!! Thanks Greg. I love that you brought up the "intangibles" piece. Those are the things that move a wedding from good to great AND they are the hardest things to get the uninitiated to see. Thankfully you were willing to pay for the X Factor. Thankfully my weekends are pretty booked up because people knowing what I do are willing to pay that "little bit extra". SO - again thanks! I am honored and typing with an inflated ego for now... :-)

Molly and Jordan · Married on 04/05/2013

I have been to several weddings where Dan was the DJ so there was no doubt that we wanted him for our wedding. Dan is professional and very helpful in keeping the reception flowing. He talked to us about what we were looking for and provided top-notch service. He plays a great variety of music and keeps the party going! Our guests danced all night, and we didn't want the music to stop! We had so many guests comment on how great the music was and how wonderful Dan was! I will definitely recommend Dan to everyone I know, and if you are looking for a knowledgeable and professional DJ who will be an asset to your wedding reception, Dan is the one you should call!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks you two! It was a pleasure to play at your event and it's been a while since I was at the Townsend. It's nice to have one so close to home! Glad to be a part of another family event. I am always amazed at how much they like to have a good time. As always - thank you. It's an honor to be the go to dj for your family!

Aaron · Married on 11/03/2012

Dj Dan Nichols provided exceptional Dj services for our wedding. In addition, prior to the wedding,he was informative and knowledgeable about how weddings operate and provided great insight into logistics. He went over every aspect of the reception and delivered on everything we asked of him. Everything went off without a hitch and we all had a blast!
    If you want an experienced professional Dj Dan Nichols is your man. -Thank you Dan for making our once in a lifetime day so much fun!
    Sincerely, Bethany and Aaron Brieden

Sent on 11/21/2012

Laura · Married on 09/15/2012

Dan did an excellent job DJing our wedding. It was nice having him as the DJ since he has a lot of experience DJing weddings and we didn't have to worry about the flow of the wedding and what was supposed to happen when. Dan was also good at improvising when unexpected issues came up. We also liked that he dressed up and had a professional set-up.

Sent on 12/26/2012

Megan · Married on 08/10/2012

DJ Dan was amazing, and worth every penny we paid. He helped me (the bride) stay cool during the reception because he had everything under control. He knew the names of all of the bridal party and parents, and kept things running smoothly. Most importantly to me, we had a very specific music list for the ceremony. He was very good at fading in/out songs so it didn't seem jumpy, and had perfect timing for the bride entrance song and the exit music. He was also very personable with guests, had a great sense of humor, and honored many of the guests requests for certain songs. We had a tough crowd at our wedding (not really into dancing) and he got a majority of them up there moving! He was also punctual-came a couple hours early to get set up and organize. We had a horrible rainy day for our wedding, and he was very flexible with moving his equipment in and outside (since we kept changing our mind about having the ceremony indoors/outdoors). I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ-it's one less thing you (as a bride) would have to worry about. If I ever have another event that requires a DJ, I will be calling him!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Blushing... thanks!

Diana · Married on 03/24/2012

Dan was a fabulous DJ. He did everything we asked, played great music, and kept the dance floor full.

Sent on 06/03/2012

David · Married on 11/19/2011

Katie and I wanted to make sure we told you how grateful we
    are for the fine job you did. Your musical choices were
    excellent--from the fill-music during our somewhat unusual ceremony,
    all the way through to the end of the night. We couldn't believe how
    crowded the dance floor was all night, and that is entirely a credit
    to you. You more than made good on your 12 point pledge, and did a
    fantastic job keeping the night moving.

You are a true class act, and will receive our enthusiastic
    endorsement whenever we're asked for dj recommendations. And we will
    always hope to run into you at the weddings of friends and family, as
    it's sure to be a great night.

Thanks again, and all the best,

Dave and Katie Blackburn
    The Colony Club, November 19, 2011
    ps - this is the third event we've attended now where your services made it a super night!

Sent on 01/09/2012

Missy · Married on 08/19/2011

Dan is awesome!! I found him through a friend whose wedding he DJ'd. After looking at his website and having a brief conversation with him, I immediately felt comfortable and did not feel the need to look any further. Dan was open, honest, and direct from the very beginning which I really appreciated. He DJ'd both our ceremony and reception. After only a couple of conversations he knew and felt confident in the type of music we wanted to hear at our wedding. Music is a VERY integral part of both my husband (who is a musician) and my life so finding the right DJ was a priority for us. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night and had nothing but positive feedback. Dan was exactly what we were looking for!!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Shea · Married on 02/19/2011

Dan was the MC at our wedding (a family member was the DJ) and he did a FANTASTIC job. He is extremely personable and we really appreciated his attention to detail. We are extremely hard to impress but Dan went above our expectations. We feel very lucky to have found him and would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 03/03/2011

Tina · Married on 10/16/2010

DJ Dan was a fantastic part of our vendor list - he was a vital part of our wedding day with not only providing DJ services, but also officiating our wedding ceremony. He kept the dance floor full the entire night - and still managed to play every song on my "please play" list! He is an amazing person to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is interested in hiring only "the best"!!

Sent on 12/28/2010

Kristen · Married on 10/01/2010

Dan was awesome! Everything came together with ease. Dan was a complete professional. He even did some extra digging around for us when we had forgotten to get some music and audio setup for our ceremony! Which was very kind. He kept our evening moving along smoothly, honored requests that we and our guests had and he was there until the very end! Thank you!

Sent on 10/24/2010

Sara · Married on 06/19/2010

Dan was great - kept the party going without being obnoxious. He was very detail-oriented, as far as keeping names, relationships, songs, etc. straight. He also has great advice regarding the timing of events - even though he doesn't need to talk to you until the week before the wedding, don't hesitate to call him several months before to get his thoughts on the timing. He had some great advice, and is always more than happy to answer questions, even several months/weeks out.

Sent on 08/03/2010
  • W

Heather · Married on 08/22/2009

Dan was great! He was enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing...everything you could want in a wedding DJ. He even greeted us outside and explained how he was going to introduce everyone. He was incredibly helpful and played all the music we made special requests for. He used his experience in judging crowds and made adjustments after asking us. I would recommend him to any bride in the area!

Sent on 09/21/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/31/2009

Dan did a great job getting everyone dancing. He helped us with entrance song choices and made our anniversary dance extra special by having guests form a circle around the dance floor after the stepped off. It was amazing and one of my favorite parts of the entire night. Further, the music was never too loud.

Sent on 09/10/2009

Ryan · Married on 06/10/2017

Dan was very responsive and knowledgeable and worked around my schedule to coordinate the event. The wedding itself was a great time, everyone packed the dance floor and Dan ensured our guests were enjoying themselves.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks Ryan for taking the time to review my services !! I enjoyed meeting you and many of your guests - the fine and local ROPD !!

Devon · Married on 11/22/2014

Dj Dan Nichols really kept the flow of the wedding going just like he said he would. We were very pleased with his music selections!

Sent on 12/01/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/04/2012

We loved having Dan DJ our wedding. Everything went off without a hitch and our family and friends were on the dance floor until the last song!

Sent on 08/21/2012