Michigan Wedding DJ Service Reviews

80 | Royal Oak, MI

80 Reviews for Michigan Wedding DJ Service

Dan provided his DJ services for both our wedding ceremony and reception. I found Dan to be extremely professional. He arrived at the venue early to set-up his equipment, he was dressed appropriately, and he made sure the entire wedding flowed seamlessly. Dan was also very helpful throughout the planning process. I was struggling with finding the perfect ceremony music, and he did an excellent job of guiding me in the right direction. He also learned about our musical tastes before the wedding and infused some of our very favorite music into the reception. His musical choices throughout the reception were on point and he kept the dance floor full the entire night! The music is such a key component of your wedding, and I feel very lucky that Dan was our DJ because he made sure our wedding fun for us and all of our guests! He is a true professional and great person. I highly recommend Dan!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts with the wedding public. It was a pleasure to work with your family and friends. It was especially nice to work a friendly event. Your guests were happy and kind as well. I probably shouldn't share this but your late night snack -- pierogies... were the bomb. I couldn't resist a sample.

Rebecca · Married on 01/16/2016

Dan was amazing - he DJ'ed and also MC'ed the whole night, and was super knowledgable and helpful in the planning process. He was very detail-oriented, and gave tips and shared his experience with me, but also made me feel 100% comfortable to make my own decisions as well. He helped make the improvised timeline a smooth one, since the bridal party was running late coming to the reception from pictures. The dance floor was jam-packed all night, and everyone went on about how much fun they had, and I know Dan was a big part of that success! Would 100% recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 02/01/2016

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Hi, thanks Rebecca for the great review. Your wedding was a lot of fun for me as well. Thanks for having me as a part of your celebration.

Kylee · Married on 12/04/2015

Dan is awesome! He responded quickly to all my emails and answered all my questions. He was very helpful in helping me pick the music for my wedding. He made sure everyone was dancing and he kept the dance floor full until the very end! I've had numerous people tell me they have never danced as much as the did at our wedding. Dan is very interactive with the crowd and makes sure to play something for everyone. If you are looking for an awesome DJ, don't consider anyone else besides Dan. He's the best! Thanks again Dan for making sure everyone had a great time!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Kylee, thanks for the kind words. It is nice to be appreciated for what I do. It's indeed an honor to serve my super clients!!

Dj Dan was fantastic, he was professional and extremely organized. He controlled the flow and made it so that as the bride
    I didn't have to worry about one thing! He paid special attention to all of the details
    Of the event and didn't miss one item! Also he paced the music well
    and everyone had a great time!

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

I had 2 private user responses today - one was yours. I am 99% sure this is my Miami bride... based on the attention to detail comments - LOL. Engineers notice things like that !! You both go on and make a great life and thanks for trusting your mom's gut to trust the Dearborn Inn's catering office referral. I'm glad to keep all parties happy with my work as a dj. AND knowing that I have customers that are keenly aware of my attention to detail makes me feel good. Because it really is more than just the music. It's about balancing and mixing an entire evening. Again, thanks !!!!!!

Alyssa · Married on 08/29/2015

My husband and I chose this DJ after he did such a wonderful job at our friends' wedding. Their wedding was 150 people; ours was 20. Dan said he'd never done so small a group before, but he totally read the crowd and played dinner music when people wanted to talk and interspersed great dance tunes that got even my stodgy parents onto the dance floor. He was very conscientious, making sure he wasn't going to play anything we didn't like and setting up well in advance. He provided the music for the ceremony as well as the reception and really steered the evening in a positive direction. He is worth every penny we paid and more.

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

I loved playing to such a small crowd. It was a blast. Also, I still tell the story of a "first". I'd never seen people stretch before dancing before as a couple of your guests (remaining anonymous) did. The was a hoot !! Thanks for the opportunity to play for your family and friends.
  • User5420762 · 2+ years ago

Dan Nichols did an awesome job with my wedding. He played all of the songs that I wanted and the other ones kept everyone on the dance floor! He did a fabulous job getting everyone on the dance floor as soon as dinner was over. It was exactly what I wanted! I loved every second of my wedding. The music and DJ can make or break a wedding, and Dan made my wedding day awesome!

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

I had a great time at your wedding reception too!! Thanks for making me a special part of your day. My clients enrich my life.

Julie · Married on 08/08/2015

Dan was wonderful. The dance floor was packed all night. Everything went very smoothly and he was very easy to work with. We would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks Julie - I appreciate your taking the time to review my services and I see your father did as well !! Thanks a TON !!

Bart · Married on 08/08/2015

As the father of the bride and a music lover choosing the right guy for the job was critical. My daughter and her now husband are also pretty young and had a large percentage of their friends at the event. So, finding the right dj that could handle the job was important to us. After all as Dan said, "a good dj plays the right mix and a great dj mixes the events of the evening, the timing, rhythm and flow as well as the right music". Without a doubt the Dearborn Inn gave us the right referral for the job in DJ Dan Nichols. He had a talent for keeping the party going all night. He played only a handful of slow songs choosing instead to keep us all moving to music from several genres. It never felt lopsided he seemed to seamlessly mix from one era to the next. He also handled the emcee duties effortlessly and was a minimalist on the mic. Lastly -- it's true... he was several hundred dollars more than some other options but worth every single penny. I'll refer him over and over !

Sent on 08/21/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thankful for the review !! Thanks Bart - your family was a pleasure indeed. Good people marrying good people is a great thing.

Tami · Married on 07/11/2015

Dan DJ'd for our daughter's wedding and his thoroughness, flexibility, efficiency and friendly demeanor made it a fantastic evening enjoyed by all. He got our multi-generational party started AND kept it going--we had to kick people out after midnight as no one wanted to leave! He took care of all the various components of the program so that we didn't have to worry about a thing and could just enjoy our daughter's wedding. Many of our friends also remarked: "What a great DJ!"

Tami Jelinek
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 07/22/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

I can't help but respond in song... Hip Hop Hooray !! Thanks for the kind words Tami.

Megan · Married on 06/06/2015

Dan was absolutely amazing. He answered our e-mails right away, and everything was kept very organized. He made the flow of the reception perfect, and was there for anything my husband and I needed/requested the entire night. He helped make our wedding so much fun and kept the dance floor packed! I would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Wow... from Facebook to Weddingwire to my mailbox you made me feel great. I am so happy I get to be a part of making people happy on their big day. I am honored to have been a part of your event.

Becky · Married on 04/18/2015

Thank you so much for everything that you did for us! We had such an amazing time and the night was seamless and perfect thanks to you!! You kept me informed all night and kept the party going which was amazing!! From start to finish your communication, professionalism, and kindness made me feel so comfortable and at ease! The wedding party was so impressed with you, and appreciated you giving them warnings before their speeches and dances. You were so happy and joyful to be around, and even remembered names of multiple important people to us so you could joke around with them on the dance floor (which was a hit!). Everyone I talked to at the wedding said how amazing you were, and people were talking about the great song choices and crowded dance floor the whole next day. There was not one moment without music, and you kept people dancing ALL NIGHT LONG!! It was incredible! The day was absolutely perfect!! Thank you!!!!

Aside from our night you were incredible to work with before hand. Making sure you had every single detail correct... talking through different options with me... and ALWAYS responded immediately. It was a pleasure working with you, and if for any reason I have another event myself you will be the first person I call! I will recommend you to everyone I know! :)

Sent on 04/19/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Sometimes I just don't know what to say!! This is not one of those times. Thank you. Thank you for your gratitude and recognition for what I do each and every event. Thanks for noticing the music is part of what a good dj does but also that a good bride/groom/dj relationship is communication before and during the big day. It's something us independent dj's can offer that the big services often wrestle with. It's about personal service that creates a rapport from the first conversation all the way through to your wedding day. It's about getting a sense for what the entire room is after musically and energetically and then meeting them there. THANK YOU !

Adam · Married on 02/21/2015

Being from out of state we were limited to DJ suggestions from the reception hall and what we could find from websites and online reviews. Thankfully we listened to the testimonials and booked Dan for our wedding. While he was a little bit more than the competition the service more than made up for it. Dan was far more than a DJ playing music. He kept the reception moving with never a slow moment. His suggestions and experience helped us plan the event and what to expect. In the end we could not have been happier with the results. We have gotten non-stop compliments on how fun our reception was and much of that thanks goes to Dan. If ever in Michigan for another wedding we hope he's the DJ!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Hi, thanks so much for the glowing review. As I've said to many brides and grooms before it is always nice to be recognized for the value beyond the music. A real pro does watch the event as a whole because it impacts the fun factor. Thanks again!!
  • hnv_heathers@yahoo.com

Heather · Married on 10/03/2014

Dan was by far the best DJ for my Wedding!! He exceeded my expectations!! Dan delivered what he promised & so much more!! The evening flowed perfectly because I had Dan running the show!!! Thank you so much for everything for making my night perfect!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to share your kind words!!

Katie · Married on 09/20/2014

Dan Nichols was excellent. I found him easy to work with, meticulous, and professional at all times. I truly appreciated his knowledge of how to keep the party flowing and his seamless integration of our atypical music choices with more mainstream music that our guests would know. We were married at a location with 2 weddings occurring at the same time; the banquets director told my mom that he found himself observing our wedding more because it was more fun and better music. We had numerous comments from family and friends, about what a great party it was. I think a large part of that is because of Dan. Thank you Dan!
    -Katie & Brian Pernick

Sent on 09/30/2014

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Hugs to you both. That was a fun event. I was happy to play "different" stuff. I think it's neat when a bride and groom put their signature on a night with some "special plays". Again - thanks and thanks for the super review.

Ani & Ola · Married on 09/19/2014

Dan was such a great person to work with...we had every confidence that he would make the evening a success...and we were not disappointed! We would HIGHLY recommend his services!!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Hi, thanks for the great review. It was a fun wedding to be involved with. The guests were fun and just wanted to have a good time. That's the way it should be. Thanks Ani for using my dj services.

Reema · Married on 08/02/2014

Along with being a great DJ, Dan was the glue that held the pieces of our wedding reception together. He coordinated with our vendors and bridal party, kept the dance floor moving, and was super professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Reema thanks so much for a great wedding. I do very few destination weddings but after doing yours I'm hungry for a few more. That was a blast. I enjoyed your friends and family immensely. The Stafford's Perry was a great place and though it wasn;t small the event felt intimate because of the setting. So so cool...

Diane · Married on 07/04/2014

Dan was excellent. He was attentive to the responsiveness of the crowd on the dance floor and knew exactly what everyone wanted! We would recommend Dan in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks so much for the review. It's an honor as always to have happy clients.

Diane · Married on 07/04/2014

Dan was extremely easy to work with and had great attention to detail. As soon as he saw the crowd wasn't responding well to a song, he would change it immediately. We had an overall great experience and the guests were very happy and dancing all night. People were even begging him to keep going at the end.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks for the posting Diane. It's funny you comment on the if a song didn't work I dumped it and went to something else. YES! I never understood why a dj would let a song play if it wasn't working. It's gonna happen once in a while so swallow your pride and change it up! Again, thanks for your review.

Dan was absolutely AMAZING!!! He kept the evening running smoothly and made it look effortless, which was quite the feat with a bridal party of over 20 people! My husband and I had a mix of ages amongst our guests ranging mainly from 20-65! Regardless of this, Dan zoned in on what everyone liked and the dance floor was packed until 1am! It was the best night of our live's and guests are still raving about our unbelievable wedding! Do yourself a favor and hire Dan Nichols!!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Would it be odd if I replied in song? Hip Hop Hooray !! Thanks for the good words and I am glad to have gotten back out to the Westin Book Cadillac - what a gem of a place in the D.

Lauren · Married on 06/21/2014

We could not have been more pleased with DJ Dan!

A few days before the wedding he called to run through all of the information he needed to know, and was able to supply us with extra equipment that we needed for the ceremony. He played music for the ceremony and reception and did an excellent job. Absolutely nothing went wrong the entire evening! Actually, because of DJ Dan things ran more smoothly. He would let me know when I should get going with the next thing - such as cutting the cake, bouquet toss, first dances, etc. He was great at following the schedule that we gave him - which helped us out a lot!

When it was time to dance, the dance floor was completely packed for the rest of the night! My parents were afraid of hiring a DJ who would let the dance floor die by playing the wrong music, but DJ Dan played the perfect music to keep people dancing all night long.

I highly recommend that you choose DJ Dan for your wedding. I have no complaints but many great things to say about the service he provided us with!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

Thanks so much for the good words and the extra detail. It's good to see people appreciate that being a good dj involves more than just playing the music. The entire evening needs to have the right rhythm !! :-) Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part of your special day.

Dan was awesome! He definitely had a feel for the crowd and was able to keep the dance floor packed all night. He also kept the party on schedule. We had so many compliments from our guests! We'd definitely recommend Dan time and time again!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Jeff · Married on 03/22/2014

Dan was an absolutely fantastic DJ. Planning a wedding can be so stressful, so when the planning's over it's great to have a worry-free evening of partying. This is what Dan can deliver!

My wife and I had a pretty standard mix of guests for a couple in their mid twenties: Our older relatives, our friends and relatives in our age group, and dozens of our young cousins and siblings. Dan pleased everyone of these demographics!

About a week before our wedding, we had a phone call with Dan to plan out the music for the big day. We had some songs picked out- walk down the aisle, mother/groom, father/bride, bride/groom, etc.- and Dan was able to find everything we requested, and make some suggestions where we were undecided. Not only that, on the Big Day he had a great sense for starting songs and fading them out at the right moments. This was great, since we had grand visions of choreographing the ceremony to some specific moments in our favorite songs, and it all went off without a hitch.

But when it came to the playlist for the reception, we let Dan take the reigns, and that was a great decision. We gave him a very short list of "must play" songs, and otherwise told him that nothing was off limits so long as people were having a good time, and he delivered! It was a great mix of top 40, group/line dance songs, classic oldies, and some of the great "modern classics" from the 90s and 2000s that we remember fondly from middle school through college. Without any instruction from us, Dan knew his audience and played a fantastic mix.

He also was sure to check with us whenever an "iffy" song request came up. Since we had plenty of young children, he checked with me before playing Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me," and he made sure my wife was ok with the song "Bad Romance" at the start of what we hope will be a very good one :)

In short, I can't recommend Dan enough! It might be the best decision you ever make, besides saying "I do"!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Denise · Married on 10/26/2013

Dan is the man! He is the best! Stop wasting your time looking for a DJ. I am a mother of the bride and it was exhausting looking for one. I just happened to see his You Tube videos on line. He was reviewing different wedding venues in Michigan. I liked what he had to say. I went to his web site and he clearly stated what he will and will not do. He keeps his promises! Everyone was impressed! My daughter and her new husband were on the dance floor most of the time(and they don't dance much!). He got everyone enjoying the music and happy to be at the reception. He made a point of talking to my husband and myself at various times during the event and he impressed the wedding coordinators as welll. He is now at the top of their approved vendor list! Do yourself a favor and hire the best---Dan Nichols!

Sent on 11/08/2013
  • Samson

Sean · Married on 08/30/2013

Dan was awesome. We highly recommend him for a wedding. Like he mentions, he is a little bit more than other DJs, but you get what you pay for. He assisted in a lot of the things you wouldn't think is needed until the big day and helped alleviate a lot of the stress that went on. Cool guy and fun to work with. Because of him we were able to have fun and get the day done and over with. Everyone loved the music he was playing and he kept the dancing going. We could not thank him enough.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

So happy to see my customers satisfied with my efforts AND you nailed it. A dj that thinks it's just about the music has it half right. making sure things are handled for the 6-7 hours makes the event smoother in general. It's another reason I arrive 2-3 hours before it all starts to make sure things look right across the board. Thanks so much "Samson" !

DJ Dan is fantastic!! From my very first phone conversation with him, through the final song played at the end of my wonderful wedding, he was professional, efficient, conscientious, courteous and fun! I highly reccommend him to any bride and groom who want to have people saying, the next day, how great the music was at their wedding! I couldn't ask for better service. Thank you Dan - I am so very grateful for your skillful effort towards making my wedding memorable and unique!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Michigan Wedding DJ Service's reply:

How do I respond other than - thank you so much for the review. Super Dooper Thanks so much. What glowing testimony. My brides are the best.