75 Reviews for Michigan Wedding DJ Service

Sound/PA System (6)
Do-Not-Play List (5)
Consultation (4)
Microphones (4)

This DJ is awesome. He showed up extremely early to make sure everything was situated (very professional). The whole reception many people were on the dance floor enjoying themselves. Thank you very much!

Profile Picture Rico, 7/29/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We can't say enough about Dan and his talent. We hired Dan a year our from our wedding from a friends recommendation and we are so thankful that we did. I'm the type of bride that knows what she wants and Dan was there to make sure I got it! We got married in an unconventional venue and needed him to run the show and he did just that! From start to finish we were so thankful and grateful for him!

Profile Picture Kate, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dan is great! He communicates well throughout the process, is very open to suggestions while not afraid to give his own, and is a fantastic DJ! He handled our reception fantastically, playing the right music at the right times. We had a small wedding and our dance floor was still full all night until the very end. Highly recommend DJ Dan!

Profile Picture Rich, 4/20/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dan is amazing. He did this great move where he invited everyone on the dance floor for the first slow song right after the first dances. I felt like after that moment, there were always people dancing - great way to start the evening. I gave him a must-play list with a few of our favorite songs but left the rest up to his knowledge and expertise and it sure worked! Everyone complimented me on such a fun evening and we couldn't be happier. Would highly recommend DJ Dan over and over again!

Profile Picture Stacy, 11/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a terrific experience with DJ Dan. He played the wedding exactly like we had hoped, and really came up with a creative playlist that tied in all the genres we were hoping to. He was terrific MC-ing the evening too, announcing speakers & getting people on the dance floor.

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with Dan was nothing short of spectacular. From our 1st conversation with him, we really felt like we were in good hands. He was very responsive to our questions and continually reassured us through his communication that we had made the right decision.

Music was very important to us as being at some weddings with subpar music really killed the mood. Dan's music was like a magnet to the dance floor. Being born in the eighties, our musical taste is quite wide and Dan managed to capture all the styles of a playlist we might as well have created. Current hits, 90s hits, and oldies were sprinkled in seamlessly to create an experience we will never forget.

The checklist we went through with him was executed to a T (better than we ever thought possible!!) He even took a slower song we didn't think would be a great dance hit so we requested for cocktail hour and turned it into a perfect full wedding guest dance, something we never even thought of!! It was truly a magical moment. We both talked about it immediately when reminiscing about our special day.

Dan was also phenomenal as an emcee. Having a wedding party with some challenging names, we were a bit worried about butchering pronunciation but Dan nailed every one as if he had known the people for years. His commentary during the reception was few and far between but always seemed to happen at just the right moment, when needed.

Dan also provided music for our ceremony and cocktail hour that could not have gone better. We literally had zero issues and Dan was an integral part of our perfect day. We could not recommend Dan any more and strongly encourage considering him for your wedding or event. You will NOT be disappointed. Dan, thank you!! We are so happy we chose you as our Michigan Wedding DJ!!

Profile Picture Zorana, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

From start to finish I could not think of a better experience. Before the wedding Dan took the time to talk with me, my wife, my mother-in-law to get a sense of not just the music we wanted, but how we hoped the night would go. He listened to us and gave his informed and professional opinion when we asked for it. He took the time to learn the correct pronunciations for each of our groomsmen and bridesmaids. He made sure to understand the timing of important events during the night like the cake cutting, the speeches, and the dances. His organizational understanding immediately made me feel like we were working with someone who genuinely cares about how our wedding was going to go.

The night of the wedding was where Dan really shined. His cocktail hour and dinner music was the perfect compliment to conversations and festive atmosphere. His dance playlist had something for everyone. I personally couldn't believe how much people wanted to dance. Our group could have easily danced for another hour because the music was so good and everyone was having such a great time.

After the wedding, he wrote my wife and I a very nice thank you letter. Dan was a true gentleman and professional. I could not recommend working with him enough.

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Everything was great from beginning to end. Thanks so much for making the event memorable.

Chris and Lanny

Profile Picture Lanny, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dan was the DJ at our wedding last weekend and I am so happy we found him and booked him! He is very professional and organized. He listened to our requests and offered suggestions for things we were undecided about. All our guests have been raving about how good our DJ was and how fun our wedding was. He ensured the entire evening flowed exactly how we wanted to. When a guest requested a song he thought I (the bride) might not like, he checked with me before playing. Thank you, Dan, for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Dan Nichols (we call him DJ Dan for short) was extremely helpful, organized, personable, professional, and awesome. There is not a single negative thing my wife or I could say about Dan or his services. He was readily available from the first phone call 10 months out all the way up to the final dance. When I first arrived at the hall, Dan's setup was professionally organized and he immediately came up to me and formally introduced himself. He also wanted to make sure we didn't make any last minute changes on our wedding prep sheet (which itself was super helpful).

We had zero worries going with Dan as our DJ and we were right not to worry. The flow of the evening was perfect. He nailed the grand entrance of the bridal party (Dan showed lots of enthusiasm, and pronounced every name correctly), played a nice mix of music during dinner, but most importantly, he kept our guests engaged and out on the dance floor throughout the reception.

I got to speak with Dan a few times throughout the night and it's obvious that he loves his work and takes pride in it. Our guests loved Dan and so did we. All of us would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Mike, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would book Dan again in a heart beat. Dan came highly recommended. I was extremely happy with all my vendors, but Dan was such a comfort to me throughout the months leading up to the wedding and during the wedding itself. His professionalism and demeanor from the beginning instilled a confidence that to me was priceless, and after I booked him I did not worry about it another minute but for the few things we had to figure out after our Monday(before the wedding) conversation. If you are a detail-oriented person and planning a wedding, whew, what a relief to have someone like Dan that you can rely on! The groom is very particular when it comes to music, and we have differing tastes, but Dan did a great job pleasing us both and getting our varied age groups on the dance floor. We used Dan for the ceremony music and sound as well, it was nice to have one less thing to worry about. He was at the venue and all set up before I even arrived. He kept the evening running smoothly, we were very pleased!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dan DJed our wedding at the University of Michigan Museum of Art. He was a pleasure to work with, very friendly and professional. He worked with us personally to help nail down our musical taste, even when we couldn't quite describe it ourselves, and was very accommodating of our requests. One of my favorite things about Dan is his honesty; he's not afraid to let you know if he doesn't think a song or artist will work given your setting and group, which I really appreciated. After all, he's the DJ, not me; I hired him because he has the experience to know that kind of stuff!

He was an excellent MC, doing a great job directing our introductions and toasts. Our wedding was pretty small (

Profile Picture User7136209, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Dan was recommended to us by another DJ who was booked and said she'd stake her reputation on him. She was not wrong! He kept the tunes coming, everyone was dancing (even my 96 year old great aunt) and everything was exactly as I hoped. I would definitely recommend Dan if you are looking for the DJ for the most important party you will throw.

Profile Picture Katie, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dan was so easy to work with! He was accommodating and took everything we had to say into account. He honored our "must play" and "do not play list" and was nothing but professional. He was extremely dependable, pronounced everyones names correctly (and there were some tough ones-believe me!), and kept the party going! Our dance floor was packed the entire night and he made it a night we will never forget. I have nothing but good things to say abut Dan. If you go with him, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Dan was great! He really took into account our style and what we wanted for the evening (types of artists, songs, ect.) but he also read the crowd very well. It was such a hot day (and we were in a barn with no AC) and he somehow managed to lure everyone inside the barn to dance. We had the best time. He also did great with keeping our night on track with announcements- very professional, and very helpful. Thanks Dan!

Profile Picture User6904163, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Dan is simply the best. He was so friendly, so professional, and so easy to work with. My husband and I are Egyptian, and we knew we wanted to balance classic oldies tunes with some good belly dancing music. Dan helped us accomplish this perfectly! He gave us excellent guidance about what we could do to help him execute this and was very prompt in responding to any questions we had the week of the wedding. Dan was definitely one of the biggest factors in how fun our night was -our dance floor was packed the entire night. We are so glad we worked with him for our wedding and would give him a glowing review to anyone considering booking him for their wedding!

Profile Picture User6039610, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, One Event Per Day

Dan did a great job at my daughter's wedding. He kept people dancing from beginning to end. The music wasn't too loud and after reviewing my list of songs we chose to hear, he quickly learned what music preferences we had and continued the theme throughout the evening. He made musical adjustments to accommodate all ages at the reception. We had all generations dancing to the variety of music. He emceed at the right times, made any necessary adjustments and took care of requests throughout the evening. He did his job eloquently and with ease and blended into the dancing crowd. Several guests commented to us that he was a really good DJ. He was pleasant and friendly and many said he was just a good guy. He was good to work with, understood what we wanted and made it a wedding to remember!!

Profile Picture User6763982, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had our wedding back in May, and Dan did a great job keeping in contact with us. He was always on top of things and definitely someone I would recommend. Simply put, this is his job and he does his job very well. The music selection was perfect and he chose the right songs for the right mood. Thank you Dan for giving us a wonderful experience and providing us with a great time

Profile Picture User7075676, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

You know you have a great DJ when the crowd is chanting "One More Song" after the lights come on at the end of the night. Dan was awesome--we spoke the week of the wedding and outlined the entire wedding and reception. He as very details-oriented, which I appreciated. He kept the flow of the wedding going and kept things organized so that we didn't have to worry about it. I honestly don't remember much about the music choices because I was so in the zone, but the dance floor was packed and everyone has been raving about how fun the wedding was. Great DJ, highly recommend.

Profile Picture Jenny, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dan provided his DJ services for both our wedding ceremony and reception. I found Dan to be extremely professional. He arrived at the venue early to set-up his equipment, he was dressed appropriately, and he made sure the entire wedding flowed seamlessly. Dan was also very helpful throughout the planning process. I was struggling with finding the perfect ceremony music, and he did an excellent job of guiding me in the right direction. He also learned about our musical tastes before the wedding and infused some of our very favorite music into the reception. His musical choices throughout the reception were on point and he kept the dance floor full the entire night! The music is such a key component of your wedding, and I feel very lucky that Dan was our DJ because he made sure our wedding fun for us and all of our guests! He is a true professional and great person. I highly recommend Dan!

Profile Picture User6726903, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, One Event Per Day

Dan was amazing - he DJ'ed and also MC'ed the whole night, and was super knowledgable and helpful in the planning process. He was very detail-oriented, and gave tips and shared his experience with me, but also made me feel 100% comfortable to make my own decisions as well. He helped make the improvised timeline a smooth one, since the bridal party was running late coming to the reception from pictures. The dance floor was jam-packed all night, and everyone went on about how much fun they had, and I know Dan was a big part of that success! Would 100% recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 1/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day

Dan is awesome! He responded quickly to all my emails and answered all my questions. He was very helpful in helping me pick the music for my wedding. He made sure everyone was dancing and he kept the dance floor full until the very end! I've had numerous people tell me they have never danced as much as the did at our wedding. Dan is very interactive with the crowd and makes sure to play something for everyone. If you are looking for an awesome DJ, don't consider anyone else besides Dan. He's the best! Thanks again Dan for making sure everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture Kylee, 12/4/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj Dan was fantastic, he was professional and extremely organized. He controlled the flow and made it so that as the bride
I didn't have to worry about one thing! He paid special attention to all of the details
Of the event and didn't miss one item! Also he paced the music well
and everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture User5421292, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I chose this DJ after he did such a wonderful job at our friends' wedding. Their wedding was 150 people; ours was 20. Dan said he'd never done so small a group before, but he totally read the crowd and played dinner music when people wanted to talk and interspersed great dance tunes that got even my stodgy parents onto the dance floor. He was very conscientious, making sure he wasn't going to play anything we didn't like and setting up well in advance. He provided the music for the ceremony as well as the reception and really steered the evening in a positive direction. He is worth every penny we paid and more.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 8/29/15, 1 Review