Michigan Princess Riverboat Reviews

3 | Lansing, MI

3 Reviews for Michigan Princess Riverboat

• Tammy

Tammy · Married on 05/05/2012

We had our wedding on May 5, 2012 and I loved every moment of it! The Michigan Princess Riverboat team was great to work with, both in booking and setting it and up and with the team on the actual day. They paid attention to detail and really listened to what we (the bride and groom) wanted. I made a couple last minute changes a couple days before the ceremony and they were accommodating to any of my requests. We had the boat during the day (12-5) and it was perfect. The sun was shining and the green from the trees made it very relaxing. They allowed us to board early to set up and take pictures before the ceremony. The DJ boarded an hour early and was all set for the day too. If you are looking for something different, check out the Michigan Princess Riverboat. It was great!

Sent on 05/09/2012
  • Charity

Charity · Married on 06/26/2011

My husband and I held our wedding on the Michigan Princess on June 26th 2011. The venue is beautiful and the staff is friendly and professional. Debbie set-up our event and was very flexible and worked with us to make our wedding what we wanted. The food was great and more than we asked for was put on our buffet which our guests really enjoyed. The Michigan Princess provided vendor meals for us free of charge. They were also very respectful of our choice to have a dry wedding.

One example of their great staff. My flower girl completely zonked out during dinner. They allowed her mom to make her a plate, they covered it and put it in the fridge and were kind enough to warm it up for her when she woke up! No crying hungry kids at this reception :)

Oh and! Some of our guests became sea sick during the cruise, they were very willing to dock to let these guests leave and then took off cruising again until the end of the reception.

I would consider Michigan Princess for future events and would love to do one of their public dinner cruises.

Sent on 07/04/2011
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 03/01/2019

3.4
      3.0

We were overall pleased with our venue. We had a lot of compliments from guests about how unique the experience was. It was very cool that we had all three levels for guests to explore.

Several people commented that the food was cold. We also were very disappointed to find that the air conditioning didn't work at the time of our wedding. This was really unacceptable for a July wedding and I was sweating through my wedding dress.

We had the office coordinator assure us that we would have the whole day to set up the venue, but we never got it in writing. Come to find out closer to the date, they had booked another event the morning of our wedding, meaning we wouldn't be allowed onto the boat to decorate until 3:00 pm the day of the wedding. Overall, the boat coordinator, Debi was easy to work with and she accommodated us as much as she could, allowing us to come on Friday and setup a few things like lights and tulle.

Most of our guests spent almost no time at their tables after dinner. Everyone was enjoying the multiple decks and fresh air. The balcony from the second floor overlooks the dance floor on the first floor, with allowed for some really cool photos of the dances. If you are looking for a unique venue, look no further.

Sent on 07/23/2017