Michelle's Cakes Reviews

79 | Indian Head, MD

79 Reviews for Michelle's Cakes

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

Perfect to work with from concept to cake!

To say my husband and I were happy with our wedding cakes would be a total and complete understatement. Not only were our wedding and groom’s cakes gorgeous to look at, but they were delicious to eat as well! Our guests could not stop raving about how incredible they were- so much so that there wasn’t a single piece of either cake left!

Michelle and her team were a dream to work with from concept to cake and I can’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Teresa · Married on 06/10/2017

I highly recommend Michelle's Cakes for the wedding cake of your dreams. Michelle was very professional and accommodating. My wedding was awesome but the cake stole the show at the reception once it was cut not to mention the beautiful design that was put together for us with a brief vision and some picture ideas from me. Thank you Michelle and staff...loved the cake and can't wait for the anniversary cake next year. Many blessings.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Krista · Married on 04/29/2017

My wedding cake came out better then I imagined! It was not only beautiful but tasted amazing!! She was very accommodating.

Sent on 05/03/2017

We loved them - so welcoming to our kids and let them be part of the process.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Ta'kia · Married on 10/14/2016

Michelle's Cakes has been my go to spot for my cakes/cupcakes since moving to Southern Maryland. She did a wonderful job with our cupcakes and they were a big hit at the wedding. The set up of our cupcake tower was amazing. Michelle's Cakes never disappoint and are always delicious (and affordable). Michelle even delivered our wedding flowers from the flower shop that is next door to her shop for us. Her and her staff are awesome. You will NOT be disappointed. Btw, get the caramel apple cupcakes. DELICIOUS! ??

Megan · Married on 10/08/2016

Super flexible and really high quality work. Let us return the rentals almost over a week after the wedding which was plenty of time for us to relax and not rush to tie up loose ends. Only hiccup was there was some kind of communication error and our contract was cancelled but that was quickly resolved the next day.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Ebony · Married on 09/24/2016

What can I say!! Awesome service! Michelle and her crew are great and extremely flexible. They worked with me to make sure that I didn't pay for more cake then I really needed which spoke volumes..It's not all about the dollar but delivering excellent customer service. You certainly get exactly what you pay for...a GREAT cake that your guest will talk about for a while!!

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 09/10/2016

I could not have had a better person to bake my wedding cake The service was excellent and the cake was delicious. So many guest asked who did my cake and I was so proud to tell them. Not only did I get my wedding cake I ordered dozens of various flavored cookies which were also the talk at my reception. I'm big on reviews and this is why I'm writing this one. I ????????? Everything about Michelle's cakes. Looking forward to placing an order or our upcoming house warming gathering.

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • I

Imani · Married on 08/05/2016

I absolutely love you guy's. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would most definitely recommend you to everyone I know. Trust me I'll be back. Thanks for all your work.

Christina · Married on 07/09/2016

We love Michelle's Cakes! Our wedding cake was perfect and everyone at the wedding talked about how amazing it tasted. There were no extra slices leftover because people went back for more. Glad Michelle's Cakes had our anniversary freezer layer pre-boxed for us to take home :)

Chelsea · Married on 06/25/2016

Michelle's cakes provided the best service for my June wedding! The entire experience from the cake tasting to the delivery was excellent! They were able to bring my vision to life plus more! On my initial visit to the bakery for my cake testing, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted besides a cake in a jar but after meeting with Michelle and her suggesting tons of great ideas I left more confident and relieved as ever. The staff was also amazing and easy to work with! I would defiantly recommend Michelle's Cakes for your next event!

Kelley · Married on 06/04/2016

Michelle did a fabulous job for my wedding day & my son's 1st birthday cake. The cakes tasted amazing, were beautiful, and done in a timely manner. I will be using Michelle's Cakes for more future events. Thanks again Michelle!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Dominique · Married on 05/07/2016

I tried a number of bakeries (had numerous tastings) before I found Michelle's Cakes. Once I tasted her cakes I knew my search was over. Her cakes melted in my mouth. My guests' taste buds were just as pleased when they tasted my cake at the wedding reception. It was delicious and absolutely beautiful! Michelle was a joy to work with, a true professional. She created exactly what I had been dreaming about and her prices are very affordable too. I highly recommend using her for your wedding cake.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Phyllis · Married on 04/23/2016

The services and cakes at Michelle's Cakes are the absolute best! My wedding cake was not only beautiful but also delicious. The experience of the cake tasting through the wedding day was totally stress-free. I didn't have to worry about a thing after placing my order. The pricing was also outstanding. I highly recommend this bakery for not only wedding cakes but also any bakery needs.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Tricia · Married on 03/19/2016

My wedding date is a few days away, from the time we first met with Michelle's Cakes they answered every question, made suggestions & worked with our budget easily. Best of all was the cake sampling absolutley delicious, the hardest part was making the choice of which cakes to go with. A wonderful business to deal with, we are very excited for our wedding day & have no doubt that our cake from Michelle's Cakes will be beautiful as well as delicous.

Sent on 03/14/2016

If you are planning to buy a cake for your next special event Michelle's Cakes is The Place you should definitely check out! They are very professional and super good at making cakes! I had my baby shower and my baby's 1st Birthday cake ordered from them and both of the time my guests and I were blown away at how beautiful and delicious both of the cakes were. I am extremely picky when it comes to entertaining family and friends and always pay a lot of attention to details. In my very honest opinion, Michelle's Cakes unbeatably met all of my expectations and beyond. I had over the top expectations and a not very big budget but they worked with me to make the cake affordable without compromising the quality and the "Wow" factor.

Sent on 03/11/2016

Michelle's Cakes made my 2 tier cake and various cupcakes for my wedding day. They were exactly what I asked for and so delicious. No, like REALLY good. Before my event, I did a tasting in the shop and it was so cute and she was very accommodating and friendly. The day of, the cake was perfect, and the cupcakes were very professional looking and displayed nicely. We also rented a cupcake stand from her, which was helpful. Can't wait to eat my anniversary cake!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Traci · Married on 05/02/2015

Michelle's Cakes was great the owner was wonderful she was so helpful in giving is the consultation to choose which cake we wanted for our wedding. She provide prompt service and the cake was delicious. I would recommend her and Michelle was reasonable.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Tawana · event on: 04/18/2015

This will forever be my Go to place for ALL my bakery needs. Michelle and her staff are professional and genuine people.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Jessie · event on: 03/28/2015

I cannot thank Michelle's Cakes enough for the cake they built for our daughter's Sweet 16! The cake itself, as far as flavor, moistness, and presentation was AWESOME!!! The design, one which my daughter picked, was done beautifully and exceeded our expectations. The staff at Michelle's Cakes is not only professional, but they are very friendly, courteous, flexible, and will work with the customer to provide the customer an experience that will be talked about and enjoyed. We have one more Sweet 16 coming up in two years, and Michelle's Cakes will definitely be our choice for this cake as well. Thank you Michelle's Cakes!!!

Sent on 04/01/2015
  • User4843506 · event on: 02/28/2015

I sent Michelle a picture from Pinterest of a Paris theme cake for my daughter's Bridal shower and it was so gorgeous and perfect my guest thought it was part of the decor but beyond that it was delicious and so moist. It was just divine!! Our guest talked about it all evening.

Sent on 03/03/2015
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 01/07/2015

Working with Michelle was such a delightful experience. She understood to perfection the vision that we were going for with the design of the cake and her execution was spot on. I recommend her without reservations.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/24/2014

Michelle's Cakes are SO delicious. My mother in law set us up a tasting after being recommended to Michelle's by friends. We had such a hard time deciding on our 3 tier cake flavors because everything tasted so good. We decided on strawberry shortcake, lemon with raspberry filling, and white cake on top. We brought inspiration on the type of decoration we wanted for the cake and she nailed it. We got sugar flowers because we wanted to admire her work and not take the easy way out with fresh flowers. The detail work on the sugar flowers were absolutely amazing. We are a little sad our guests didn't get to see them up close besides pictures. We had a outdoor late May wedding and kept the cake inside until it was time to cut to keep it fresh and bugs away. Since our wedding we have moved halfway across the country and had our 1 year anniversary cake mailed overnight to us on dry ice. It worked out perfectly and tasted delicious!! My mother in law surprised us and got sugar flowers made to replicate our wedding cake. It was amazing to see them up close. If you have the choice I would let her do whatever she wants. She had a vision and went with it and it came out awesome.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Michelle is awesome! Customer satisfaction is her top prority. She helped us pick the perfect design and there is a huge assortment of flavors to choose from. The cake not only looked beautiful but was absolutely delicious! Our cake flavors were marble, Godiva chocolate, and strawberries & cream. The guests loved it all. Michelle helped us decide how much cake to order and she was right. Just the right amount of cake. We highly recommend Michelle's!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/30/2013

Once you do business with this vendor, there's no going back to any other. First off, the cake was absolutely amazing and fulfilled every wish I ever had for my wedding cake. The taste was to die for and had me hoping that there would be some left over for us to snack on (sadly that was not the case since all of my guests felt the same way! lol) They were an absolute pleasure to work with and so helpful in making my decisions on the size, flavors, and the final look of the cake. We received so many compliments that evening and I was sure to tell everyone of my new "find" in bakeries. Michelle even went the extra mile of special ordering fresh flowers to adorn my cake to give it that "rustic, romantic" appeal. I have continued to use them after my wedding as my "go to" for all events that require a special cake. I've even stopped in just to grab a cupcake or two to get our own fix of delicious sweetness. They are extremely affordable and offer a cake tasting with so many different options it is almost unbelievable. I am so happy to have found them in Southern Maryland.

Sent on 02/09/2015