Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

191 | New York, NY

191 Reviews for Michelle Stern Beauty

Maya · Married on 07/02/2015

Michelle was great! She did my makeup on two occasion each time she was on time and super reliable. Also, the makeup itself looked flawless! Highly recommend her services! You will feel beautiful!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Leyla · Married on 06/26/2015

Michelle was ahhmazing! She was perfectly on time if not early, and she was extremely patient with everything. I didn't do a trial, so I was a little nerveous as to what to expect, so I showed her pictures of weddig makeups that I like. My makeup was: wayyy better than what I showed her in pictures, so beautiful. She was a great listener and made me feel comfortable at all times. Everybody kept talking about how beautiful the makeup was, and I felt like a princess during our special day, all day. She is wonderful person, with really good vibes, and a great talent. I can't thank her enough ❤️

Sent on 08/10/2015

Jenna · Married on 06/20/2015

Michelle is absolutely the best! I had many different kinds of women with many different beauty comfort levels and she wowed them all! I looked like the best version of myself all day long!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Michelle is amazing. Not only did she help make all of us look fabulous, but she kept us happy and calm throughout the wedding day prep. She is fantastic to work with and I would recommend her a million times over.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Chrystal · Married on 05/30/2015

Michelle was amazing! She and her team handled all 10 of my bridesmaids and my mother flawlessly, everyone came out beautiful and they all felt like they were getting individual attention. As the bride, I could not have felt more at ease with Michelle, I trusted her and my makeup looked stunning. I received compliments on it all day and did not have to touch it up once. She is the best! Thank you Michelle for helping to make my wedding day wonderful!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Michelle is amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist for my wedding day.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Katie · Married on 02/21/2015

Michelle was outstanding!!! Professional, extremely talented and sweet; a true artist! She made me and all of my bridesmaids look our absolute best! My makeup stayed perfect for over 12 hours (and I was outside for pictures while it was snowing)!
    If I got married again I would choose Michelle without hesitation. I am definitely having Michelle do my makeup for every important occasion. She is THE BEST!!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Kim · Married on 09/13/2014

Michelle is amazing!!! She (and her assistant Barbara) did make-up for me, my mom and 7 bridesmaids at my wedding. She has mastered the beautiful, flawless, but NATURAL look that I think all brides are looking for on their wedding day. I usually wear very little make up, and I was terrified of looking too made up at my wedding, but I also wanted to look great in the thousands of photos I was going to be in that day. I got a lot of referrals for other make-up artists from my other vendors but I perused their websites and didn’t really like what I was seeing. I found Michelle on Wedding Wire, and I’m so glad I did! At our trial, I told Michelle I wanted to look natural but bridal, and that’s all she needed. Everyone in my wedding party looked absolutely gorgeous and also totally themselves. My make-up stayed on through several emotional (aka crying) moments and was still perfect 14 hours later. Michelle is super responsive over email, showed up early, was very professional, uses high-quality make-up, and has a lovely, calming vibe about her that I just love. She is just so sweet and so talented and I have referred her to all the brides I know (she is doing one of my bridesmaid’s make-up at her wedding in June!).

Sent on 01/02/2015

Amy · Married on 09/06/2014

Amazing job w makeup on everyone- is incredibly talented and would recommend her highly. She made everyone look Beautiful but also natural.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Ariel · Married on 08/28/2014

Michelle is an absolutely amazing makeup artist and person. She understands how to make a bride look like her, but at her best and most beautiful.
    Michelle has done my makeup a few times already including my engagement pictures and my wedding 2 days ago. Let me just begin by saying that my wedding party looked amazing and I got so many compliments on my makeup and questions on who did my makeup.
    Aside from Michelle's awesomeness as a makeup artist, she is an amazing person. My wedding hair ran overtime at the hotel, so to get me to my venue more quickly, Michelle drove me there and continued applying my makeup before my family and bridal party arrived.
    Michelle also stayed an hour over her contracted time to fix me up after the photos.
    She is friendly,easy-going, extremely talented, and will do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable and look beautiful. I plan to get my makeup done by her for fancy events in the future.
    Cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Catherine · Married on 06/28/2014

Michelle was fantastic! Did a wonderful job for my wedding makeup for me as well as my bridal party. We all looked the best I've ever seen us. She also has a very relaxed and easy-going demeanor which is key on a stressful wedding day!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 06/14/2014

Michele is the BEST! She made me look so beautiful on my wedding day. I felt like a princess! She also makes everything VERY natural. She also did all of my bridesmaids' and family's makeup. We all looked like we were ready for the red carpet. I am going to work with Michele again on many other occasions. She is the best of the best!!

Sent on 08/15/2014
  • I

Ivette · Married on 04/04/2014

Michelle was heaven sent. She is truly an artist and the entire bridal party looked amazing! I would use her again for any major event. My bridal party said the same.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Michelle was the perfect makeup artist for my wedding! Not only is she incredibly talented, but her energy and personality fit right in with the rest of us and only added to the perfection of the whole experience! She was able to make each person a more vibrant, better version of themselves, while keeping the whole group cohesive. Everyone was so happy with how they looked and the makeup stayed on throughout the entire day/night!! It's obvious she takes pride in what she does and makes sure to pay special attention to each person she works with. I could not have chosen a better makeup artist!

Sent on 11/20/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Michelle, and the incredible job she did for our entire wedding party. She truly listened to everyones concerns and desires, and the results were beyond our greatest expectations. As mother of the groom, I have never felt so glamorous and elegant in my entire life. But more important, Michelle made an already beautiful bride to be into an exquisite vision on her wedding day It brought tears to my eyes. I know the bride was totally thrilled with her final look(as was the groom)
    I look forward to my other children getting married, so I can once again have Michelle do her magic.
    She is not only incredibly talented, but a beautiful person, inside and out.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Michelle did an incredible job on my make-up! She truly does flawless make-up and would recommend her to anyone. I am so happy I had Michelle do my make-up at my wedding. Michelle really understands colors and chooses make-up that enhances one's face to look perfect. Her make-up lasted all day and I was blown away by her work! She is truly incredible at her job!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Michelle did an amazing job doing my makeup for my wedding! You can count on her to be on time, put her all into her work, and even recommend a fun station to listen to while getting ready :)

Sent on 11/07/2013

Mandy · Married on 09/21/2013

Michelle was amazing. She is an artist and I was extremely happy with my makeup for my big day.

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2013

Michelle was absolutely wonderful to work with. She listened carefully to everything I asked for and was able to execute flawlessly! I told her I wanted my eyes to really pop and the blue to come out, and it looked AMAZING.

Not only was Michelle great on the day of the wedding with doing mine, Mother's, mother-in-law and 5 bridesmaids makeup - but she was so flexible with the trial and even suggested I do a trial with both regular and airbrush makeup.

I wound up doing the airbrush for my wedding day, which was a humid 90 degree day in August and it lasted literally ALL day and night! I didn't look too done up, just like a better version of myself - it was absolutely PERFECT!

I know it's hard to not be skeptical of 5 star reviews, but trust me, Michelle is professional, calm, collected, fun to have there the day of the wedding and a 5 star talent.

Michelle · Married on 08/23/2013

Michelle was exactly what i was looking for. I have been having my makeup done for years so I thought finding a makeup artist would be easy. I had 3 trials with other makeup artists before I met Michelle. Every other artist made me look pretty but I felt like I should be putting on a black dress and going to a New Years party. It wasn't until I met Michelle, I didn't need to say anything except 'bridal' and she knew what to do. She knows how to enhance your features and put on a enough makeup that you photograph beautifully but in person people are looking at you and not the makeup on your face. I didn't have to touch it up once the entire day or night and I am so happy with the how the makeup photographed, I can't stop looking at the pictures. On top of that she was one of my most RESPONSIVE vendors. Her first reply to me was when she was on vacation. She is very professional, organized, and just a genuinely nice person. I am so lucky to find her and I hope to use her in the future for other events!

Sent on 09/16/2013
  • O

Olia · Married on 06/17/2013

Michelle was incredibly responsive. I sent her many emails going back and forth about pros and cons of traditional vs. airbrush makeup. She responded to every single one of those within the next few hours. I had to work with few NY vendors and I haven't experience such responsiveness and care from anyone else.

Michelle was supposed to come after my hairstylist and do my make-up only. But on the day of the wedding my hairstylist couldn't get to me on time. Her bus broke down on NJ Turnpike 50 miles away from NYC (she was coming from Baltimore). I think every bride can imagine my panic at the moment I found out that there is NO WAY she can make it on time. I called Michelle and she was on her way as soon as she got my voice-mail. Honestly, I got very lucky that she was living 20 blocks away from my hotel. But I believe that not every person would literally jump out of shower to get to me as soon as possible. She saved the day.

Honestly, I've never had professional makeup done before and I couldn't compare Michelle's work to anyone else. Just recently I had an experience with another make-up professional for a friend's wedding which made me realize how fantastic and talented Michelle truly is. Michelle looked at the pictures of the makeup style and started working on it very confidently. She knew exactly what she is doing and how to make me look my best on my wedding day. I looked gorgeous, natural and very glamorous at the same time. Makeup was flawless all day long and the only thing I needed to touch up on was my lipstick.

There might be cheaper alternatives but she is worth every penny. Saving some money is simply not worth adding extra stress to your wedding day. If you want someone professional, reliable, responsive, respectful and talented, I would strongly recommend Michelle. She will make you look your best on your wedding day.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Sandra · Married on 05/17/2013

Michelle was truly a pleasure to work with. I must have had 6 makeup trails before I finally found Michelle. She understood exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding makeup. She uses highly quality makeup, which truly makes the difference on how your pictures will look and how long it lasts throughout your wedding day. Thank you Michelle for doing such an amazing job!!!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Samantha · Married on 05/04/2013

Flawless as the name says. Our make-up was absolutely perfect and service was second to none

• O

odi · Married on 03/17/2013

Michelle conducted herself in a professional manor from beginning to end. She was confident, efficient, fast, and did a supreme job! She is at the top of her league!

Sent on 03/20/2013

Mary · Married on 02/16/2013

Michelle is absolutely amazing! She came to our venue in Manhattan and made myself, my mom, mother in law, and sister look absolutely stunning! She is beyond talented and is so incredibly sweet and has such a calming and relaxed way about her - exactly what you want/need on the day of your wedding. If you want the absolute best make-up artist (for any event) - Michelle is now the only person I would ever go to in the New York City area!

Sent on 07/06/2013