Michelle Stern Beauty Reviews

191 | New York, NY

191 Reviews for Michelle Stern Beauty

Esther · Married on 09/04/2016

I can't explain to you just how pleased I was with Michelle on my wedding day. Finding a make up artist that I loved was a struggle, I had 6 trials with different people...I kid you not, 6. Every one made me look like an entirely different and cakey person. I was starting to lose hope! Michelle was able to make me, my mom and a few other family members look like US but stunning and natural. She was awesome, fun, professional and calming! She's now officially my go to make up artist!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Julie · Married on 08/27/2016

Michelle is literally phenomenal at her craft! It didn’t require much effort to find a make-up artist because after I found her I knew she was the one. I fell in love with my trial but that almost didn’t even compare to the actual wedding day! The make-up was perfection. Exactly want I envisioned and above my expectations. My friends are still talking about how gorgeous it was! I was glowing, and comfortable! It lasted the entire day, through the ceremony, pictures and the party! At the end of the night my make-up still looked perfect! Besides the obvious of wanted the best for your day I can’t speak highly enough of having Michelle with you during the getting ready process. She did my bridal party, Mom and MIL as well. You would think this could get stressful and intense but with Michelle at the helm we fed off her amazing relaxed demeanor. She is a joy to have with your on your big day and I can’t recommend her enough. Now if I can get Michelle to do my make-up every day….!

Sent on 10/07/2016

An absolute dream to work with! All of us loved our makeup and loved working with her! She was sweet, professional and so talented! I would recommend her without reservation! I have never felt more beautiful :) She's the BEST!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Heather · Married on 06/25/2016

Michelle is AMAZING!! Her makeup for me and my whole family was absolutely fantastic. We all looked gorgeous!! And on top of being making all of us look fabulous, she continuously went above and beyond throughout the course of my wedding day to make sure that many things outside of our makeup were PERFECT (e.g hair, dress, etc.) She even helped with the bustle!! Very Very Very highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Marlenny · Married on 06/12/2016

Michelle was amazing! From the trial to the day of wedding, everything was perfect. I had my entire bridal party, mother and MIL receiving the service and they all looked soooo beautiful, like nothing I've ever seen before on them. All my girls were raving about her because it was THAT GOOD! On top of that, she's really cool to chat with, which was something difficult to find with other makeup artists! Michelle and her team arrived on time and ensured that we had the best lighting at hand to make colors look as natural and glam as possible. She's also quite fast too, so if you're on a time crunch, she will have you ready. I enjoy doing my own makeup and struggled with deciding whether to do it myself or have someone else do it and hiring Michelle is a decision I'll never regret. No bride wants her wedding day to become more stressful by having to worry about it and we all know we may have off days, so certainly not a chance I was willing to take! My husband was in awe when he saw me and his reaction was priceless. I look forward to working with her again for some other occasion! Thank you Michelle!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Tamara · Married on 04/16/2016

I have to say throughout my wedding planning I was so concerned with my dress, the band and flowers that I had totally forgotten all about make-up and hair! I thought to myself "what's the big deal, I'll find a good make up artist in the city...can't be that tough?!" Well I was wrong...
    Prior to Michelle, I had 5 make up trials and they were all awful. I consider myself a bit of a make up connoisseur and can do a really good job at applying it myself. I've received many compliments in the past , so my standards are/were pretty high!! After my trials I really started to lose hope and thought that there is no way I will be applying my own make up! That's when my wonderful florist referred me to Michelle Stern. When I called Michelle, she was available for a trial and I booked her right away. I don't have an Instagram (I know) so there wasn't much research done prior to our appointment. I have to say she is AMAZING! When I sat down she was able to assess my face right away and know exactly what I was looking for my wedding day. It's very rare you feel this comfortable around a professional and in your gut you know that you trust them to do their best work! .... I absolutely LOVED my make up trial and booked her on the spot (good thing she was even available for my wedding date!) The night before, we had rehearsal dinner and of course I had Michelle do my make up. We went a little darker (smoky eye-which I wanted) and every guest kept complimenting me on it! She is extremely professional, fun and charismatic- you can see her technique and style is original and her contour is on point!!! What I really loved about working with Michelle is that her standards were pretty hight as well. Let me tell you if she's unhappy with something (ie. a single eyelash not cooperating) she will keep re-doing it until it's totally perfect! That's the kind of a make up artist/professional any bride wants by her side for the big day. ;-)

Sent on 05/05/2016

Look no further! Michelle is the BEST makeup artist and truly talented. She did my makeup for our engagement pictures and wedding and I couldn't been happier. She took her time to understand what each person wanted and made them look wonderful. The makeup was natural yet made everyone look like enhanced versions of themselves. I felt beautiful each time she did my makeup. My bridal party kept raving about their makeup days after the wedding.
    She's the person you NEED to have by your side on your wedding day. She went above and beyond by calmly helping to diffuse a situation between a family member and the bridal party. I cannot thank her enough for this!!!
    Michelle is fun, calming, and professional. I will definitely be using her services again.
    Thank you so much!! Xo

Sent on 05/07/2016

Michelle · Married on 02/20/2016

Michelle was incredible! She did the make-up for myself, my mother and mother-in-law, and the bridal party. From the moment I met Michelle she put me at ease with her positive attitude and her dedication to mastering the perfect look for me . Michelle was very professional throughout the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. I would absolutely recommend Michelle for any future make-up needs for a special event or wedding.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Hali · Married on 12/19/2015

Michelle was truly a pleasure to work with. She responded very quickly and was super accommodating to all my needs/requests. My wedding makeup was dramatic yet very "natural." I looked like myself on my wedding day, just better, and I felt like I was wearing next to nothing on my face. Michelle knew exactly what color palettes to use, along with which products to use. She also did my mom and sisters' make-up for my wedding and they loved their looks as well. I recommend Michelle for any bride-to-be, or for anyone who wants to look flawless for any particular occasion. Michelle is very talented and I look forward to using her for future celebrations!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Sharon · Married on 12/05/2015

Michelle did a fabulous job on our bridal party make up. She is sweet and caring ! We loved her so much we hired her on the spot to do my daughters upcoming wedding in April.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Donna · Married on 12/04/2015

Michele Stern was hands down AMAZING! She completely understood the look I was going for on my wedding day. And she made me look like the picture perfect bride! For what it's worth, I've had my makeup done professionally many times before and no one compares to Michele. Her techinque is incredible. My makeup held up all day and truly was magic. I would hire her immediately!!

Sent on 01/23/2016

Cindy · Married on 11/28/2015

Michelle did my makeup for my wedding day, and I could not recommend her more highly. From the first time I reached out, Michelle was incredibly responsive and professional, and she was such a calming force on what can be a very stressful day. The makeup trial went wonderfully, and the makeup on the day-of was even better. It lasted beautifully all night - I only reapplied lip gloss, and it photographed so well all night long. My mom, sister, and best friend all had the same experiences - I will be recommending Michelle to all of my friends and family getting married in the New York area.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/21/2015

Michelle was terrific to me, my 5 bridesmaids, and my mother. She is extremely talented yet quite understated, with a great sense of humor. These are all great qualities to have in someone who will be spending the day of the wedding with you. I did another trial or two before her, and I knew that I wanted to work with her not long after she got started on my trial. She did an excellent job with people with diverse skin needs.

When it came down to doing my makeup, she had clearly taken thorough notes during the trial so that we were on autopilot that day. I could not have been happier with her work. And I received endless compliments from guests at the wedding. I may go back to her again for future events. :)

Sent on 11/24/2015

Erica · Married on 11/14/2015

Michelle was an absolute pleasure to work with. She did a spectacular job on my make-up as well as all my bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law. Michelle did everything I asked and then some. She was not only a lovely person to be with on your wedding day but she was also a champ at dealing with any "out there" family members. Michelle was prompt with all of our appointments and always accessible via email, which is always reassuring to any bride.

Michelle was such a joy to work with. I will certainly be going back to her and recommending her to anyone who is looking for an amazing make-up artist.

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • User6020020 · 2+ years ago

Michelle did make-up for me and my sister (maid of honor) and mother for my wedding. She was patient and really listened to what we wanted. We loved our trials with her and the final result. I felt like an absolute princess and got so many compliments. Michelle is very talented and uses excellent products. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Denise · Married on 10/17/2015

Michelle did my makeup for my wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased!! She made me, my girls, my mother and mother-in-law look beautiful! She's a very talented artist with array of techniques to appropriately enhance everyone's different look and style-- and that's exactly what I needed for a group of 15 different ladies! Prior to my wedding, I had a trial with her where she spent ample time on my makeup to make sure I loved everything. Working with Michelle was a pleasure-- she was professional, accommodating and timely. Michelle traveled from the city out to Oheka Castle in Long Island to make it as easy and accommodating for us! She brought two other great makeup artist with her to ensure that we had sufficient time and attention on my wedding day. Michelle is AMAZING!!! I highly recommend you use her for all events!! After the wedding, many of the girls in my wedding asked for her contact information so they can hire her for the future. Hire Michelle if you want to look and feel beautiful on your wedding day!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Michelle is professional and friendly, but most important of all, is a really responsive and beautiful makeup artist. She was very open to my needs, and my family's requests, and we all absolutely LOVED the end result! She is a magician with eye makeup, but also knows how to keep things looking very natural. She was recommended by two very close friends, and I wholeheartedly recommend her to you.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/04/2015

Michelle was wonderful to work with in every way. First of all, she did a beautiful, natural job on my makeup for our wedding. She was receptive to my ideas and questions, and truly had a fantastic artistic eye for what would look best. She arrived early on the day of the wedding, which was much appreciated. My maid of honor, mother and I were all thrilled with the looks she created for us. Having just received the photos, we are even more impressed with Michelle's work. She really made us all look our best, both in person and in the photos and video.

Not only is Michelle a talented makeup artist, but also, she is a lovely person who makes her clients feel at ease. Michelle brings a very calming, positive aura to the table and I was very happy to have someone like her with me while I was getting ready.

Finally, my mother, who is terrified of having anyone do her makeup, and who had never even had professional makeup before, absolutely loved Michelle. I was impressed by Michelle's ability to really customize her work for each client, factoring in our unique requests or concerns, making everyone look and FEEL her best.

I already cannot wait to have Michelle do my makeup again. It was lovely to work with a vendor not only very talented, but also such a pleasure to interact with personally.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Gail · Married on 09/06/2015

There are not enough superlatives to describe the amazing work that Michelle did for my daughter's wedding. We had met her previously, also using her for various pre-wedding events (engagement shoot, bridal shower and rehearsal dinner) so we were familiar with her skills.
    Michelle is amazingly talented but more importantly. she has exactly the kind of personality you want around you on your wedding day.
    We had make-up done for 11 people. The make-up she did was flawless and natural and lasted for 12 hours! Everyone looked fabulous. I usually wear minimal makeup so was skeptical about doing this but I was shocked at the transformation. I might add that her assistant was great as well.
    Michelle was extremely responsive throughout the process. Her calm demeanor, sweet personality and positive energy only added to her unparalleled talents as a make-up artist.
    Five stars is not enough! I recommend her highly.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Alison · Married on 09/06/2015

I met Michelle in November of 2014 when she came to my apartment to do my makeup before our engagement photos. Michelle created for me a super glamorous yet natural look - I truly felt like a movie star during the shoot. Michelle created different yet equally amazing looks for me at my Bridal Shower and my Rehearsal Dinner and each time I felt so beautiful but still like myself.

On the day of our wedding, we knew we were in good hands with Michelle (and Pam) which helped minimize the stress of the getting ready process. Our entire bridal party and both of our moms looked absolutely beautiful on our wedding day. I knew Michelle would make me look my best but I was truly blown away with my bridal makeup. I have never felt more wow in my entire life and I 100% attribute it to Michelle.

I truly enjoyed getting to spend time with Michelle over the last year. She is so talented and really fun to be around. I couldn't recommend her enough times - don't waste your time looking elsewhere. Seriously, she is the best.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2015

This is probably the easiest review I've ever had to write. Michelle is an absolute pro and a master at what she does. I did my test with her at the Bobbi Brown counter at Bergdorf's and left there with flawless skin, bright eyes and perfect contouring. More important is how I felt - natural, radiant, and, not gonna lie, like a supermodel. The day of, Michelle executed my makeup as expertly as she did at the trial, in addition to doing makeup for my mom, mother in law, sister and several bridesmaids, all of different ages and skintones (my mom is Brazilian and she and my sister have naturally very tan skin - no issue at all, Michelle matched and blended everyone's foundation to perfection). I had a couple of bridesmaids do their own makeup but have Michelle apply fake eyelashes - Michelle, being the perfectionist she is, couldn't resist touching up their eye makeup which made a world of difference to their final look. I have had my makeup done professionaly for several occassions and from here on in Michelle will always be my go-to person as long as she's available. All of her clients that day were absolutely thrilled with her work. Also, she is gorgeous, relaxed and super friendly! She was great to have in the room while getting ready. Don't think twice to book her if you want to look and feel your best on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Michelle was the makeup artist at my August wedding, for nine of my nearest and dearest: me, my mother, the mother of the groom and my six bridesmaids. She brought along a brilliantly talented friend, also in the industry, who was very talented and likewise lovely.

As background, while I was not a particularly temperamental or anxious bride, there were a few things that I approached as crucial to the day and wasn't willing to settle until I found them. One of those things was perfect makeup (me, but better). I went through several trials of looking orange or cakey, overdone or underdone...and I can't tell you how happy I am that I continued to look.

Michelle exceeded my expectations in a way I didn't know was possible. She is BEYOND amazing. Highly talented, thoughtful, considerate, calm. She also has a permanent smile when she steps back to observe her work, which is incredibly calming and makes one feel quite brilliant and beautiful. Everyone looked like a movie star--literally the best I've ever seen anyone in the group look, without looking "masky," overdone or false in any way. Features were enhanced, eyes were brought out, cheek bones looked stunning: everyone looked like themselves, just in an alternative Hollywood reality in which dreams come true.

Words are not sufficient to describe our experience with Michelle on my wedding day. She is by far the most talented makeup artist that I have ever worked with. I would 100% recommend her, without hesitation, for anything. Any event, occasion...lord, if I could afford a daily appointment, you better believe I'd do it. She enhanced the day, was a pleasure to be around and speak to, great listener, open and communicative = THE BEST EVER. Also, super professional, incredibly articulate, responsive to communication in all forms and on-time. That day will forever hold a special place in my heart--and Michelle will be there, too!

Thank you, Michelle!! xxxooo Annie

Sent on 11/21/2015

Michelle is amazing !!!!!! I can't express enough what a beautiful job she did on my wedding day. She brings out natural beauty and everyone in my wedding party looked absolutely unbelievable. She is confident and she knows what she's doing. It's a breath of fresh air to experience her presence on your wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a makeup artist. I cannot wait to go back to NYC and have her do my makeup again and again. She is phenomenal. I am so thankful she was available and I was able to book her for my wedding day. Any bride who is lucky enough to have Michelle on their day will feel the same way I felt. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Michelle !!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Adriana · Married on 08/09/2015

I interviewed and had makeup trials with over 8 highly recommended makeup artist, and Michele Stern was by far and away the best, both in creativity, attention to detail and professionalism. She is true artisan in field! Makeup is her is her passion! She understood all the nuances associated to makeup design, while customizing her work to compliment my facial complexion, the season, the wardrobe, the setting and the event, which happened wedding. She made my special day even more special. I would have no problem recommending Michelle to anyone whom wants the best!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Margo · Married on 08/01/2015

Michelle did a fantastic job with makeup for me and my bridesmaids. I had a trial with her, used her for my engagement shoot, and she certainly worked her magic on everyone for the wedding! Michelle does beautiful work, enhancing your natural features so you still feel like it "looks like you". I had trials with two others before Michelle and she was by far the best. She is also the nicest person and such a pleasure to work with. I'll definitely be going back to her for future events. Highly recommend. You'll be so glad you found her.

Sent on 09/06/2015