Michelle Amarillo Event Planning Reviews

37 | Newport News, VA

37 Reviews for Michelle Amarillo Event Planning

Amanda · Married on 03/29/2014

For anyone considering a planner, Michelle Amarillo was amazing. For anyone not considering a planner--rethink that really quickly! My wedding was a great example of why it is so necessary to have someone coordinating your event, and why Michelle is the perfect choice.

I had a wonderful DIY wedding, but when you do a lot of things yourself/have family friends help, sometimes everything doesn't go quite as planned. When my hors d'oeuvres and bartenders didn't show up until much later than expected, Michelle handled it gracefully and secretly, doing everything she could not to burden me or the groom with the extra stress. She was there to coordinate the night and she did it flawlessly, even with the extra snags.

Not only that, but working with her was so enjoyable. She worked her butt off to make our wedding happen, from calming my nerves in the weeks leading up to the big day, to setting up everything in the reception space pretty much by herself the day before and cleaning it up, to actually fronting an incidental cost from one of our vendors while we were on our honeymoon so we didn't have to worry about that until we got home.

For someone who was only supposed to be the "day-of" coordinator, she worked for weeks in advance and after the wedding to make sure it was the perfect day. I felt like I got so much more than my money's worth. Thanks Michelle!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Elaine · event on 12/20/2013

I work for a small digital advertising agency in Norfolk. We all work hard and are proud to treat the company of 26 to a huge annual holiday party. In planning this event, every detail has to be accounted for. There was no way I could plan this on my own while having to fulfill my daily duties at the office. I also only had just under 6 weeks to plan everything about the party.

I knew Michelle but never worked with her professionally. From the beginning I knew her enthusiastic and personable personality is what I needed in an event planner during what was going to be a stressful time. Before I called her to ask if she would be interested in working with my company, I looked on her website and was excited see her eye for detail and style was in line with my company.

From day one, she was in and out of my office with ideas, contacting vendors and following up with me on progress. If something didn't work, she had a plan B. She was results oriented, which helped me stay focused on priorities for the party. She always kept our budget in mind and kept all vendors on schedule.

On the day of the event a colleague and I had to tend to some last minute changes, but Michelle thankfully kept the ball rolling with set up. A very brief breakdown of this event included: dinner at one venue, gifts for every employee and his/her date, transportation for 50 people to the 2nd venue, a photo / slow-mo video booth, dj, snacks and an open bar. If it weren't for Michelle, I probably wouldn't have made it to my own event! For the first time in two years, I was actually able to enjoy the dinner and the party without having to worry if everything and everyone was prepared. Michelle went above and beyond and the success of this party is a testament of her dedication and care for her clients.

In my experience of party planning, big or small, you need a planner who is talented, trustworthy, eager and just plain ready. Michelle is all of that and more.

Sent on 02/19/2014

elizabeth · Married on 10/26/2013

Michelle was SO helpful during the planning process. We hired her for day of coordination but she was so much more than that. She really wanted to help me with the details and the crazy DIY projects I had in mind. She met with my mom and I often and went above and beyond anything we could ask for. Our wedding had some many details and she set them up perfectly and truly made my vision come to life. I never worried about a thing that day. The whole day ran smoothly. I tell her all the time, I wish we could just do it again every weekend. I would highly recommend her to any bride. In fact, she is planning one of my best friends wedding this year! She not only made us feel comfortable and set up our venue beautifully but she became a friend along the way.

Sent on 02/18/2014

marcie · Married on 08/10/2013

Michelle was the biggest help EVER and made my wedding day amazing and stress-free. She took care of things I never even thought of and just kept things on track while I was focused on myself ;) I really can't say enough positive words about her and I don't know what I would've done without her guidance and hard work on the big day.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Khandice · Married on 07/28/2013

Michelle is extremely creative and was able to tap in my complex ideas and vision. While professional, she is also able to have tons of spunk and fun--even with a large wedding party and guests. My wedding was simply better because of Michelle

Sent on 09/05/2013

Robyn · Married on 05/25/2013

Having planned a wedding from the opposite side of the country, hiring Michelle as our day-of coordinator was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made for our big day! Michelle made fantastic recommendations for vendors, and we assembled our wedding dream team almost entirely from her suggestions.

Thank you, Michelle, for giving us peace of mind on a jam packed day and for allowing us to enjoy our family and friends rather than sweat the little things! We will happily recommend your event planning services to everyone we know in the 757.

We had a lot of guests travel to Virginia for our wedding weekend, which left our families very busy entertaining, but we all felt confident knowing that Michelle would be there to warmly greet our vendors and make sure that every last ceremony and reception detail was set up perfectly.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Michelle is the only person I would ever trust to plan the most important day of my life...my wedding day! From start to finish it was perfect, even better than I imagined.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Anne · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I can't thank Michelle enough for helping to make our wedding day stress free and gorgeous! We had a year and a half long engagement and we were in contact with Michelle from the very beginning. We hired her for full planning and design services, so we could just sit back and relax. Her designs were awesome and exactly like my minimalist home decor style. I really didn’t need to make a pinterest board. She kept us organized with every detail and came to every vendor meeting with us. We thoroughly enjoyed the planning process because of her.

When our wedding day finally came, everyone around me kept commenting on how calm I was and how beautiful the reception looked. Our guests had so much fun dancing, winning the table centerpieces, taking photos/videos in the photobooth, eating Westin’s blueberry cheesecake and drinking boba tea! Yeah that’s right, we’re the first to bring out the boba lol. Thanks to Michelle for executing and coordinating the delivery of Jelly Ball. I definitely overestimated the food with too much sugar because we basically took home our 4-tier cake. Our alcohol tab is a different story… but those types of things are so unpredictable and everything else was definitely under control of Michelle and her team.

Michelle will make your planning process so much easier. It can be a big expense to your wedding budget, but it was worth every penny to us. I will truly miss working with her.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Our special day went without a hitch, thanks to Michelle! She made everything so easy for us and we couldn't have gotten through it without her guidance, preparation, and patience!! We are so happy to have used her planning services, and will always count her as one of our friends!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Right from the beginning I knew Michelle was perfect to plan our long distance wedding. Michelle listened to our vision, gave her own insight and expertise, and made us feel confident that we'd make it through this process with encouraging words. She always had great suggestions, but we always felt like we had the final decision and word. Not only does she have a great eye and creative mind...she is tech savvy, which really helped plan our long distance wedding with vendors.
    How do I know we chose the right planner? The day of the wedding I wasn't stressed at all and had an AMAZING time! Everything we had planned had came together and we were thrilled to see the final result. So many guests came up to us and complimented EVERYTHING/ONE...including our wedding planner! She made it happen and deserved all the praises for 'best wedding ever' we received from the guests. We also had a pretty low budget that she worked with to make it all happen! Family in the area already have her in mind for their future events.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Joanna · Married on 10/27/2012

Michelle Amarillo was recommended to me by a mutual friend halfway through our wedding planning, and I wish we had her services from the start. I was a rather laid-back bride and really needed the organization and expertise that Michelle provided. Although we were several hours apart and the venue out of town for both of us, she always kept in touch to make sure we were getting what we wanted and remained professional throughout our conversations and meetings. Additionally, as our day-of coordinator, Michelle made sure our wedding day went smoothly, taking that stress and worrying about the details off our shoulders. Having an event planner, especially one like Michelle, is a very worthwhile investment in my opinion.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Melanie & Marlon · Married on 11/23/2013

Michelle is a wonderful planner with a very friendly personality. At our first meeting, she provided us with two different wedding packages including the price. She has creative ideas and recommended multiple resources/vendors. I am personally very happy with the vendors she provided us. We had the ideas of what we wanted and she helped us turn it into a reality! She hand painted table numbers, and even offered to place the sashes around the chivari chairs to help us stay within our wedding budget. Our wedding was held at the Norfolk Naval Base. At the last minute, the security office gave us a hard time in allowing the vendors to enter on base. I believe it was simply a lack of better communication and restrictions. Michelle worked with me and she was able to address the stressful situation. She told me not to worry and she took care of it. Michelle also created our programs however, I don't remember actually seeing it before it was printed. I would have love to see it and possibly have the names of the wedding party included. Also, keeping a good open communication will be very helpful to everyone involved. Such as announcements of delays during our cocktail hour so that guests would be aware. Michelle also creatively displayed our engagement photos and arranged our sweetheart table nicely. Whenever I could not meet with the vendors, Michelle remained flexible and met with them personally. Our wedding turned out wonderful! I believe everyone had a great time and it wouldn't be possible without her. Thank you SO much Michelle!

Sent on 01/30/2014