Michael's on the South River Reviews

5 | Riva, MD

5 Reviews for Michael's on the South River

Kara · Married on 10/06/2018

Michael's on the South River was absolutely amazing for our wedding reception. The food was outstanding (crab cakes and beef tenderloin), the signature drinks were off the charts, the spacious room was easy to tailor to our theme/decor, has ample room for an affordable price compared to the rest of Annapolis, and is in an extremely beautiful location on the water that had our guests swooning. Christina was absolutely wonderful to work, from our wedding food tasting, conducting multiple walk throughs, working with our planner, working with our band and florist, helping me decorate, switching a few details at the last minute, providing me votives and cake knives when I forget them, allowing us to come on Friday to decorate instead of on the day of, and ensuring each and every guest had a great time. Our guests said it was by and far the best wedding food they've ever had. This is the best kept secret in Annapolis when it comes to wedding venues, and I am ecstatic that I was able to have my wedding here. Highly, highly recommend to any couples looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Kathy · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect at Michael's on the South River. Christina was absolutely wonderful, helpful and delightful to work with. I cannot speak highly enough of Christina and her staff. Christina was very professional and responsive and she offered great ideas and suggestions which made wedding planning a lot easier and much less stressful. The waterfront location was perfect for our reception and just steps away from our outdoor wedding. With spectacular views of the South River, photographs were made easy. The Room is well appointed and allows plenty of seating and nice size dance floor as well as a beautiful bridal suite. We continue to receive compliments from our guest about how excellent everything was, from the venue, the décor, the flowers, the service and the food. We choose the buffet with Seafood Imperial and Filet! Do yourself a favor and check out this venue when planning your wedding!

Sent on 03/08/2016

We were so happy to have found Michael's on the South River to have our wedding reception. All of the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. Christina was wonderful to work with and she answered all of our many questions in a timely manner. The location itself is great. It is a wide open room with plenty of space for seating and guests to dance. We loved that is offered great natural light and was right on the water. We were able to use the docks for pictures which allowed us to get some amazing photos. The food was absolutely incredible. We selected the buffet option with crab cakes and beef tenderloin. Our guests raved about it for days after the reception. We truly feel that we found the perfect venue for our wedding reception.

Dana · Married on 10/18/2014

We loved our reception at Michael's on the South River! Christina was so easy and accommodating to work with too! If we ever need to plan a large, formal event in the future, we will look at this beautiful venue once again. We definitely recommend Michael's on the South River to other couples looking for a wedding reception location.

Kelsey · Married on 09/06/2014

I loved having my wedding at Michaels! The reception went so smooth and everyone was extremely nice. Christina was was amazing to work with, super flexible with us having to change the date due to my husbands deployment and was always there to answer any questions I had. The venue is so pretty, updated, and affordable. Having the food, drinks, linen, rentals, and wedding coordinator all included was a top priority of mine and Michael's was perfect. The guests could not stop telling me how great the food was. I was grateful to be able to see the place set up (minus flowers) a couple days before my wedding that way I had nothing to worry about during the rehearsal and the wedding day. I highly recommend Michaels on the South River!