Michael's Eighth Avenue Reviews

Michael's Eighth Avenue 7
  • Terri

Terri · Married on 10/20/2018

Top Notch!

I can’t say enough about Michaels 8th Avenue and the staff. The food was incredible and the presentation was beautiful. The dessert table was beyond my expectations. They put forth every effort to ensure that my daughter’s wedding was everything she’d always dreamed of...and more. Forty-five minutes before the wedding was to begin, we realized we had forgotten to bring her veil. The manager and head pastry chef, Dan Rendulic, drove to David’s Bridal and purchased another one. Now THAT is great customer service. The attentiveness and care given to us and our guests made for a perfect day!

Mariely · Married on 03/31/2018

Michael’s was so accommodating to us! We enjoyed our day so much and that was all thanks to Michael’s. Connie was such a huge help the whole night, and Shannon was super flexible in helping get all the pieces together and I could not thank them enough for everything. We highly recommend having your wedding here, especially with all the new improvements they are making.

Tiffany · Married on 10/14/2017

Michael's Eighth Avenue was Amazing!!! My husband and I just said our "I Dos" there on October 14, 2017. We had a beautiful evening garden wedding. When I say everyone treated us like royalty, I mean it. Our day was so well put togerher. The staff was PHENOMENAL!!!! Thank you to Shannon, Connie, Amanda, Samantha, Mr. Ken, Terry, and every staff member that made our day smooth, stress free, and memorable. I 100% recommend thus venue for any occasion.

Michael's Eighth Avenue 8
    Michael's Eighth Avenue 15
    Michael's Eighth Avenue 16
    Michael's Eighth Avenue 17

Sandy · Married on 04/01/2017

Our wedding was absolutely perfect and STRESS FREE! Shannon guided us through the entire planning process, offered suggestions, fulfilled every request we had, and was always very quick to respond to any emails, calls, etc... For the day of, Ms. Connie made sure everything ran exactly on the time schedule we wanted. The venue looked beautiful, the food was great, and the bar service was exceptional.

Brandee · Married on 10/15/2016

I got married 10/15/2016 and Michael's was the best place I could have ever chose to have my wedding. I begin searching while helping a friend plan her wedding. When I realized how much they do, and for at a price you can't beat I knew it's where I would want mine. When I got engaged, I immediately came to Michael's to reserve a date. I never had to worry about anything from the first email I sent. Michael's provides everything from the cake, drinks, TONS of food, and everything needed for the hall. All I honestly needed was a photographer and DJ. They walked me through each
    step of planning the wedding, and never seemed to be bothered when I would ask 100 different questions. They were by far way more accommodating than I could have ever expected. They really make sure you have the perfect day. Planning the wedding was a piece of cake with Olivia, and even some help from Sara. They make sure they have every detail you want down to a T!

For the rehearsal and day of, Connie was by far the most amazing person ever! I've read other reviews where people raved about her, and to request her..Do it! I got lucky enough to get her, and she was my right hand man all night. She made sure everything went smoothly and that I had anything I needed. As well as my husband, family, bridal party and guests. She walked me through everything that day, and told me where to be, what to do, and asked how I liked it after!

I also got to take all of my pictures out in the garden since it was empty and it is gorgeous!

Everyone raved about everything and how beautiful the hall was set up. All of my guests said how beautiful the wedding was, how great the bartender was (and her drinks!--I can't recall her name), how good the food was, and how awesome Connie was. I am 1000% pleased with the experience of Michael's and how they turned all of my dreams into the best day of my life.

• Deidre

Deidre · Married on 05/29/2016

Hands down amazing!
    I don't even know where to start. Every bride wishes for a dream wedding and Michael's Eighth gave that to me. From the very beginning when searching for venues, my husband and I went to a dozen places and couldn't find the right price for the vision we were going for. Michael's had the best price by far compared to every other venue, offered the most in the package, and when we saw the Garden we were SOLD. I then decided on a rustic garden theme to tie it all together. Olivia was my coordinator, and she was excellent! I probably emailed her a hundred times, and she always responded promptly and turned my vision into her own. Anything I asked for, the team was willing to do for me whether it was an individual food tasting or coming in to make sure my laptop fit their projector cables or to bring in my tons of boxes of decor a couple weeks early for storage. I had no doubts that Michael's Eighth would make our day one to remember. My day of coordinator Terry was so thorough and made sure rehearsal was well-organized and ensured that she knew all of our special requests so that she could have everything in place the next day. The staff on the day of was awesome as well. Everything was in place as expected. It did end up raining at the last minute, so we pulled the ceremony inside, but we were provided umbrellas to finish up our garden photos. The transition was handled so well. We also had snacks and drinks in our bridal and groom suites. The service at the reception was great, and the staff catered to our every request, Clean up was so fast and organized, and we had very little left to do. The food was amazing, drinks were delicious, and we got so many compliments on everything! I cannot thank Michael's Eighth enough for helping to make our wedding one of the best days of our lives! We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with. I would highly recommend to any and everyone looking for a wedding venue. Thank you for everything!

Martita · Married on 10/04/2015

From the moment we went to view Michael's Eighth Avenue for the very first time, there was nothing but exceptional service. Sarah was amazing to work with. Anytime I had questions, I could send her an email and she would respond right back. She was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole process. On our wedding day, the staff at Michael's was phenomenal. The Maitre' D was awesome. She made sure that we had everything that we requested. She went above and beyond to make sure that our day went as planned. And let me not forget to mention the food; DELICIOUS!!!! All night long, our guest kept telling us how they loved the food. Everything was great. I highly recommend this venue.

Stephanie · Married on 10/03/2015

I had my ceremony and reception at this venue. I was supposed to have my ceremony in the garden out back, which is beautiful, but it was raining on my wedding day! (of course) The staff at Michaels decorated one of the ball rooms so beautifully that I did not hate having the ceremony in side. It still was not as pretty as outside, but it definitely looked better inside after they spruced it up a bit. The reception was perfect! Everyone had a blast and enjoyed themselves. I was not stressed out at all on my day thanks to Connie, my coordinator for the reception. She is great and on top of everything! She knew all the little details about weddings that make them run smooth and turn out perfect!
    During all the planning, I worked with Sarah Wagner. She is great at what she does and wants everything to be perfect for you. She responded to my emails same-day and answered my phone calls whenever I called! Sarah was easy to work with and made my wedding planning go smoothly.

Teresa · Married on 07/04/2015

The place was perfect! The food was delicious.. The staff was considered and friendly. A great place to have any event . Did I mention that the food was delicious. Thanks to everyone at Michael's my wedding was a success.

My husband and I got married at Michael's on June 27, 2015. The only word I can use to describe the ENTIRE experience is "SUPERB". Our wedding was Michael's first all outdoor wedding (meaning that in addition to doing to the ceremony and cocktail hour outside, we also had our reception outside under the tent). Michael's went above and beyond to make sure that everything was beautiful and flowed smoothly. I was somewhat nervous because this was their first outdoor reception, and on top of that, there were heavy thunderstorms the entire day of our wedding! In spite of all that, Michael's still ensured that everything was beautiful. The food was excellent! The service was incredible! Michaels is the best value you will find in all of Maryland! Special thanks to Sara, Tia, Connie and all the other staff for making our wedding a day that we will always cherish.

Kathy · Married on 06/05/2015

Sarah
    I just wanted to thank you and the staff at Michael’s for doing such a wonderful job at Katie and Dan’s wedding on Friday. Everyone had a great time and said the food was delicious. They also commented on the beautiful garden and most of the folks did not even know that the garden was there until the wedding. Tia and her girl in training, (sorry I can’t remember her name) and Connie were superb and took care of all of our needs upon and beyond what we expected. We look forward to going to another wedding at Michael’s and I would highly recommend your facility for any function large or small. Also everyone was commenting on how delicious the cake was and asked where we got it from. They could not believe it was made there. So please tell the pastry chef they can come over my house anytime and bake for me! Also someone asked if you can just order a cake from there, I told them I would ask. Thank you again for a beautiful wedding and making our daughter and son in law’s day truly special.

Cheryl · Married on 05/15/2015

Everyone at Michael's Eighth was wonderful! The office girls knew all their info and the day of staff was great. Connie was our day of coordinator, and she was fantastic, right there for anything we needed. The garden was absolutely gorgeous! The price was great. I searched many places to find something nice and in my budget. This was perfect! They have flexible packages, add Ons, and even special pricing for Friday, Sunday, or off season dates. I can't thank them enough for such a memorable and amazing day!

Lauren · Married on 12/27/2014

Michaels eighth Avenue turned our wedding dreams into reality. The staff at Michaels is phenomenal they made us and our guest feel like royalty ensuring our entire event went through so smoothly. Our Ceremony was in the garden it was gorgeously decorated and our photos turned out amazing. Our ball room was breath taking as we entered for the first time we both were taken back with how beautiful it was. During our reception Ms Connie was wonderful she made sure we ate got our drinks and ensured that every part of our reception from greeting our guest, cutting our cake and first dances took place on time! I cant thank Michaels staff enough for making our day magical for us!!

What can I say about Michael`s Eighth Avenue, but I love it. I held my ceremony in the garden in the evening. Shannon my garden coordinator was the best! She went above and beyond for our special day she made bows, made sure I was calm at all times, and took care of my wedding party. I didn`t want for anything. Shannon truly took control and took care of everything. Sarah helped with everything leading up to my day. I know I called a lot and asked lots of questions, but Sarah never got nasty or frustrated with me. She was always personal and professional. I`m so happy I chose Michael`s Eighth Ave for our special day. They do everything to make you comfortable, and the price is very good. People still tell my husband and I that our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they have been too. We had an open bar, but my husband and I drink of choice was not a liquor they usually carry, so they went out and brought our drink choice. My maitre d was great! The only bad thing was the servers took my husband and I food away before we was finished, and no one notified us when the after dinner buffet was being served so we was hungry, but my guest tells us that the food was good. Overall I`m happy and blessed with my experience at Michael`s.

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/13/2013

Michael's Eighth Ave was a fantastic venue! We worked for nearly two years with Nora, who was patient and wonderful throughout the entire process. She was helpful and friendly; she was willing to give honest feedback and had an upbeat and personable attitude the entire time. Connie took over the day before the wedding as the Maitre D' and was a life saver! She knew what to do and worked wonderfully behind the scenes to make our day one that we will never forget. Our guests are still raving, a month later, about how wonderful the wedding was and how fantastic the food tasted. The wedding cake was to die for; moist and melted in your mouth! The entire staff did such a wonderful job and I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone getting married!

Lisa · Married on 09/27/2013

Michael’s was there to make our day so very special from the very first viewing through the very last song at the reception. Everyone at Michael's was so very professional and we are so pleased to have them there on our special day and that they made our day feel so personalized and that they paid attention to all the little details that make your wedding day special.

Before selecting Michael’s Eighth Avenue as our venue, we received many quotes; which many of these were well out of our price range. The pricing at Michael’s was very reasonable and I felt that they would go above & beyond to include anything that we wanted to personalize our day. Our wedding cake was included in our package along with all linens, charger plates, table settings, up-lighting, appetizers, dinner, dessert buffet as well as a signature drink. Having all of this included was very helpful as we did not have to look for additional vendors to bring these items into our venue.

Connie was such an amazing Maitre'd. She was there to help with any and everything that was needed. Fallon helped in so many ways from helping my mom pin on her corsage to sitting on the floor & taking chalk to the back of my dress to get rid of the few grass stains that I got on my dress during my pre-ceremony portraits. She helped make sure things ran smoothly & for that we are so appreciative. Shannon was there to help from the very beginning when I scheduled a showing of Michaels. She was always quick to respond to any questions & we are both so very appreciative of everything that she did to help us through this process. Shannon even offered to help with some of the details & running out to the store to grab heel liners for the bride. She made sure everyone was in the right place at the right time so that our wedding would run smoothly.

Everyone made our day so special and memorable!!

~Lisa & Josh 9/27/2013

SHAMERA · Married on 09/07/2013

I love everything about this place! The venue is amazing and the food and cake is exceptional. I am so happy I chose Michael's as my venue!!!!

Leah · Married on 09/07/2013

This was the most beautiful and affordable place to have both our wedding ceremony and reception. The garden is so gorgeous and is a must to have for the pictures. The venue took care of everything and I did not need to do anything as far as set-up or tear down. The bartender was amazing as well as the wedding garden coordinator, Shannon; she took care of us - eveything went smooth for the ceremony thanks to her and she helped my photogragher with all the beautiful picture shots, holding my cathedral length veil in every shot. I totally recommend the venue. - Happily Married Mrs. Wilder :-)

Michael's Eighth Avenue made our dream Wedding come to life.
    We worked with Janet in the office she was always available to help and answer any questions we had, her attitude and personality played a big part in our decision to go with Michael's. Shannon the Garden Coordinator was very organized, helpful and pleasant from start to finish. The food was outstanding. we are soooooooo glad we chose Michael's Eighth Avenue.
    My Husband our Families and I give Michael's a 5 +++++++++

Ebony · Married on 04/05/2013

We ABSOLUTELY loved Michaels, they were the best. I had looked around at a lot of other venuesthat were pretty pricey and I had to choose from their specified Catering list. Then came along from out of the Heavens Michaels Eighth Avenue. They offered us a phenomenal package at the greatest price. Their outside garden was beautiful and Shannon who heads the outside events is steadily adding new elements to make the space even more desireable. They were patient, prepared, and willing to do anything asked and anything not asked. For my wedding my aunts who does weddings all the time assisted me with a lot of the planning but throughtout my time planning the staff ( Ms. Janet and Shannon especially) acted as a wedding planner.
    My wedding was so blissful and I will never forget how wonderful Michael Eighth Avenue was in helping us create such a wonderful day.
    Lastly, they were so accomadating that Shannon went out of her way to find me a wagon to use for my oldet son to pull my baby down the aisle. Just adding another wonderful effect to my wedding to have my little boys as the ring bears. Not to mention how patient and caring she was with my children. THE BEST. COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR MORE...........HURRY UP AND CHECK THEM OUT DON'T LET THE OPPORTUNITY PAST YOU BY......I STILL HAVE GUEST TELLING ME THAT IT WAS THE BEST WEDDING THAT THEY HAVE EVER BEEN TO. ;)

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/02/2012

I CANNOT say enough good things about my experience with Michael's Eighth Avenue!! I worked with Ms. Janice in the office for all the planning and paperwork and she was awesome! I KNOW I called her like 20 times over the course of my planning and I SWEAR every convo started with me saying 'Hey Ms. Janice, I'm SOO sorry to bother u again' or 'Hey Ms. Janice, It's Jessica, AGAIN, sorry to be so neurotic!' And every single time I called it was 'It's not a problem at all Jessica.' or 'It's why I'm here!'. She was patient, kind and understanding of the fact that while it was what she did for a living, it was MY only wedding planning experience & I was super type A about getting it all just right! She was a joy to work with and made the entire planning phase enjoyable!
    As for the Maitre D, ASK FOR CONNIE BY NAME!!!!!! Almost every review I'd read in my research says to do this and so I did. And I could not have asked for anyone better! Connie was the best thing that happened to me on my wedding day next to my Hubby! Not only was she patient, kind & professional, she made sure her only mission that day was ME! And as self centered as that may sound, trust me the day of, that's EXACTLY what u need! If she hadn't brought food to me, I wouldn't have eaten a thing! She's such a pro, she knew how to keep the night moving and while we had an AMAZING DJ and he ran the show, Connie knew how to run things seamlessly from behind the scenes. She kept the whole day flowing without flaw & she worked almost completely in shadow! She deserves an award for her amazing work & there just aren't words to thank her enough for it all. I cried as I wrote her Thank You card when we came back from our honeymoon & AGAIN as I had a convo with my Hubby just recently after attending a wedding at another venue (blah!) & realizing just how BLESSED we were!
    Some say it's not a real wedding without something going wrong?? Than we didn't have one because everyone at Michael's made sure ours was flawless!

Khadija · Married on 11/03/2012

I am so glad we picked Michael’s to have our ceremony and reception. I am 100% satisfied with the service we received from the time we booked the venue up to the date of the wedding. I have spoken to several people there and they each were so helpful. From the owners son down to the people that place the linen on the tables. The sales ladies Ms. Janet, Ms. Jan, Shannon were FANTASTIC. No matter when I called or came in they were so helpful and willing to answer all my questions. Barry was WONDERFUL! He was there to help out with the rehersal and the day of the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. My family just loved Barry! Dan made sure that our cake was exactly how we wanted it. Everyone was very professional. Their willingness to make my day special I will never forget. Everyone is still raving about how good the food was! The day went so fast I wish I had more time to enjoy it! If anyone is looking for a venue Michael’s Eighth Avenue is one place you should look into and you definitely will not be disappointed. Thank you Michael’s Eighth Avenue for helping to make my day special!

The workers have great personality, helpful and professional. I love the Garden... My cake was beautiful decorated thanks to chef, he done a great job.

SheRa · Married on 12/04/2010

I would have to say that of all the venues we looked at for our reception, Michael's was the best. My favorite person to work with her was Janet although all of the staff was helpful whenever we called or dropped by. The value for the cost was unbelievable. We had about 100 guests and paid about $4000 which was great for the space, food, and everything else they included. They setup everything for us including centerpieces, candles, napkin wraps, and even threw in a free cash bar for our guests. We were also surprised when we arrived and learned that it was free drinks for the entire bridal party. We had a sit down dinner and the staff made sure every guest was confortable. I think we were the only wedding that day, and we were originally in a smaller room but Janet moved us to the larger room so we could be more comfortable and have more space to party. We did have one issue with the person they contract their cakes too, but Michaels quickly fixed the issue. Janet set it up that we would work with their inhouse cake person Dan and he did an excellent job on our cake. We provided him a picture we found on theknot.com and he made our cake come to life. If there was any higher rating I could give them I would. If I plan on having anymore functions I would give them a call in heartbeat. You can really tell this is a family run business because everyone is there to make sure you have a wonderful day. If you live in the Baltimore area, you should give Michaels a call!