Michael's Catering & Banquets Reviews

63 | Hamburg, NY

63 Reviews for Michael's Catering & Banquets

carmen · event on 06/16/2012

Our anniversary party was held at Michael's Banquet Hall. Stephanie Hostletter was the event planner. She provided outstanding service in her attention to all details small and large. She was able to give us exactly what we wanted and also at a great price. There was never anything she couldn't provide for us. Her dedication to her profession is outstanding. The entire staff made our party successful. We would recommend them to anyone wanting a great party provided by an exceptional staff.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Julie · event on 03/24/2012

What a beautiful and special day! The staff was SOO accommodating and the food was delicious. Planning the event was a breeze and done to my exact requests. This was my THIRD event here and I will be back in the future!!!

Laurie · Married on 09/10/2011

I have and will continue to recommend Michael's Banquest Facility to ANYONE and EVERYONE!! I have had my wedding shower, wedding, sisters baby shower, sisters surprise bday party, and just recently my own baby shower there. The management staff is FABULOUS!!! The food is delicious and .. hint hint.. their coffee is to die for!!!!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Meegan · Married on 07/09/2010

The service was exceptional. We were able to relax and not worry about a thing the whole night. And the food was fantastic.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Julie · Married on 04/26/2008

The Staff was EXCEPTIONAL! We had such personal care and service and every detail was attended to. The food was HOT and delicious and the presentation was five star. Every moment of the day was perfection.

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

We make every effort to keep our food piping hot, for all of our guests. Whether they are the first served, or the last served! Thank you for such kind and thoughtful words. Your gold wedding was gorgeous, and will never be able to be replicated! Best Wishes to you and Brian in your life together. -Stephanie and Cheri

Julie · event on 02/05/2006

The room was beautifully decorated and each detail perfectly catered to! The staff was friendly and caring and went out their way to make sure everything was PERFECT! The food was hot and delicious and the day was spectacular!!

• Kate S.

Katelin · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I are so happy we chose Michael's for our wedding. There are options for many different budgets, and they made our small, low budget wedding absolutely spectacular! We are receiving non-stop compliments from our guests on how amazing it was. All of the staff were so friendly and accommodating, and a pleasure to work with. They made everything easier and less stressful than I had expected it to be.
    We did have two small issues. One was that during the toasts, we realized our toasting glasses were empty. There was water poured so the head table used that for the toasts. We mentioned it to the staff after the toasts and they immediately brought out the champagne for us. It was a little disappointing but not enough to cause any real grief.
    Also, I specified that I require a gluten free diet and was told the server will know which food options were gluten free. However, when we were in the buffet line, the server was not aware of any gluten free options and we had to stop the line while he found out. This was resolved rather quickly and I have to say, I was very excited that I was able to have gravy on my mashed potatoes! (Food was delicious!)
    Overall, we are extremely satisfied with our experience at Michael's and know that we made the right choice choosing them for our special day. It really was amazing!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Katelin, Thank you so much for the review. Sorry about the champagne, but I am glad to know that it was resolved quickly! Also, I am happy you were able to enjoy your mashed potatoes with gravy! Thank you for letting me plan all aspects of your reception with you! I loved how the navy napkins looked in your room. Nice choice. Nothing but best wishes to you and Jason in the future!
    -Stephanie

Crystal · Married on 04/08/2016

Managers all worked well with my schedule to get plans together. On event date they went above and beyond expectations the staff was all friendly and they we're on top of everything

Sent on 04/12/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2014

This was a great venue. We did the ultimate package with sit down dinner. food was wonderful and perfectly cooked. the extra touches they provide free kept decor and flower costs affordable. The staff are very accommodating. Thank you Cheri and all your staff for making this a wonderful day.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Becky, thanks so much for your kind words, all that planning you and Vince did really paid off! It was sure a hot and sunny day in the courtyard for your ceremony, but you kept your cool the whole time! Hope you and your boys enjoyed that pasta we sent home with you. Best wishes for your new life ahead! -Cheri

need to supply better location directions

Sent on 08/20/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

We are not sure who wrote this comment, we can always supply printed directions and maps on request, we also have a link to google maps on our website and voice directions on our answering machine. We always try to help our clients as much as possible on request, but no one in our office recalls such a request recently. Cheri G

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2007

My husband and I wanted a reception site that they would handle it all and we could just enjoy the day,relax and have fun. We truly got that with Michael's. The cost was very competative to other facilities. To this day... just over a year later, our guests still are telling us how great the food was, and how smoothly everything went. They really helped to make our wedding day truly special.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Kari · Married on 11/13/2010

We had both our ceremony & reception at Michael's - Everything seemed to fall into place - Stephanie was a pleasure to work with. The food was delicious- Everything was so easy that our night just flew by!

Sent on 01/15/2011

Michael · event on 05/31/2018

1.8
      3.0
      3.0
      0.5
      0.5
      2.5

On mother's Day yesterday, i took my Lady and her 2 children to brunch and the food was cold including the coffee, the breakfast was worst than Apollo restaurant, the fruit was ok and the only thing worth eating was the salad. I was very disappointed and the children are 14, and 17 and they said they will never come to this restaurant, so i was going to speak to management about this but my Lady thought i would be too loud so we all left disappointed

Sent on 05/14/2018

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

I am VERY sorry you did not enjoy Mother's Day brunch at Michael's. We constantly strive for the best in food quality and quantity. Our staff is ALWAYS here for our guests and any issues that may arise with your visit. If you chose to dine with us again, I ask that you inform your server who will then engage a manager to any issue that might have arose. We are ALWAYS here to help!
    Sincerely,