Michael's Catering & Banquets Reviews

63 | Hamburg, NY

63 Reviews for Michael's Catering & Banquets

Donna · Married on 10/10/2014

The Michael's experience was excellent from day one! We loved everyone we worked with and they made the room just beautiful!! If we could do it over again, we would change nothing! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you ladies, we enjoyed planning with you and Erin and Joe reported you both had plenty of fun that night! Happy travels to you! - Cheri G.

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

Everything was absolutely perfect for our reception!!! The staff was efficient and friendly. Stephanie and the rest of the staff did everything to help make our day perfect. Any questions I had were answered immediately by Stephanie. I would highly recommend Michaels for any wedding reception!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Lisa, thank you for the kind words! I am glad I was able to answer your questions efficiently! You and Nick are a great couple! So happy to see that he took a big part in all of the planning! Best Wishes on a long and happy future! - Stephanie Hostettler

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2014

Everything was absolutely prefect and everyone was so helpful. Our family still talks about how delicious the food was.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Jennifer,thank you so much for your comments! The colors you chose and extra decorations were just awesome. It was a pleasure planning with you and also working the big night. -Cheri G

Linda · Married on 06/21/2014

All employees at Michaels Banquet were very helpful and professional as they helped us with planning our wedding ceremony and reception. Everything was beautiful and perfect. My husband and I highly recommend this venue for your event. Thank you to everyone at Michael"s for making our wedding perfect.
    Mr. & Mrs. Krull

Sent on 07/29/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

L and K Krull, thank you for the nice review. The floral pieces you made for your head table were impressive and I bet they looked just awesome in pictures! Best of wishes to you both! -Cheri G.

Kim · event on 10/27/2013

Everything was just perfect. The room looked amazing and decorated to perfection for what we asked for. If there was something we needed.. we just asked and it was brought right over to us. The food was served HOT... and was amazing. Thank you for making my daughters baby shower just perfect. We will be back for more events with you.

Sent on 01/25/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you Kim, it was our pleasure and honor to once again host a family gathering of your's here! I loved the "cute as a button" button picture.

karldeborman@hotmail.com · Married on 10/12/2013

We had our wedding at Michael's Banquet Facility in October of 2013- I cannot begin to express just how wonderful and absolutely amazing our experience was !!! The personal attention to detail was outstanding - our reception was the only part of our day that we were not worried about because we knew in good hands- we would do it all over again and only at Michaels!!!

Sent on 02/02/2014

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Debbie, thank you for your sweet words. You and your family members were a pleasure to serve. Fall weddings here are always extra fun to decorate. - Cheri G

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Michaels banquet facility on October 4, 2013. We are so happy that we chose Michaels for our big day! Our ceremony was on site in a beautiful courtyard! Everything was absolutely perfect! The food was amazing! The service was wonderful! The managers had our best interest at heart the hole time making sure everything was perfect for us! Stephanie Hostettler went above and beyond for us during all of our planning. She made everything so easy for us! Everything went so smoothly on our wedding day thanks so much to all the managers and staff! We highly recommend Michaels banquet facility over and over again for any event you are planning! They are absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your gracious words. We always put our best foot forward when it comes to our customer service. I am glad you enjoyed your evening at Michael's. Best of Luck to you and Matt! -Stephanie H

Our wedding was perfect - The Staff at Michael's did a great job.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you, we love to hear compliments on our staffing!

Angela · Married on 08/17/2013

The staff at Michael's was incredible! They were very professional, polite and responsive. My reception went off without a hitch. The food was amazing, too. My guests are still raving about it! Without a doubt, I would recommed Michael's to a friend.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

We are so happy that you and your guests had a delightful time here. We strive to be professional and responsive, thank you for not letting it go unnoticed!
    -Stephanie H

Aimee · Married on 08/16/2013

We had the best time at Michael's. I planned my wedding from out of state and Stephanie was great working over email. All of our guests raved about the food and we had the best bartender EVER!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Aimee, you made it easy for me to plan a wedding from over 1000 miles away! We dedicate a lot of time to our brides, and are very happy that you found it noticeable. (...and, yes, Joe the bartender is pretty exceptional, we are lucky to have such a great employee...) - Stephanie H.

Nicole · Married on 08/09/2013

We had both our ceremony and reception at this venue and it was great. They were very helpful and kind. The food was amazing--making for a very special day for us.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank You for such considerate words! - Stephanie H.

Tracy · Married on 08/03/2013

Michael's absolutely was amazing to work with when we were planning our reception. The staff there especially Cheri and Stephanie are absolutely wonderful to work with. The both of them were very professional, responsive, and flexible throughout every step of our planning process. We couldn't have asked for a better reception venue to host our wedding reception! :) Their flexibility in working with us during our wedding reception made our evening go more smoothly and without interruption which made it easier for us to enjoy the evening.

Our guests raved about how good the food was that was served at our wedding reception, many of them saying that it was some of the best food that they had eaten at a wedding reception. The food served was fresh, hot, and delicious. The service was absolutely AMAZING and the staff was attentive to both me and my husband along with all of our guests. There were a few hiccups along the way with our reception, but the issues were quickly resolved.

Thank you Michael's for making our reception absolutely awesome and an enjoyable time for us along with our guests! We would absolutely recommend Michael's to any couple looking for a low-key and easy going location to host their reception. The value for the service, quality, and food is absolutely phenomenal! =)

Sent on 08/05/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Tracy, thank you for your kind words and for this nice review which is sure to help new brides understand all we have to offer! Best of luck in your new married life. Your obvious satisfaction is worth those extra phone calls and emails we did back and forth! Your's was truly a reception we will never forget either. -Cheri G

Leanne · Married on 07/20/2013

I can not say enough good things about our experience with Michael's Banquet and Cheri specifically. We chose a unique location that needed to have everything and anything brought in from outside vendors. Cheri coordinated EVERYTHING for us and literally, we just showed up and enjoyed our wedding day which was just as we envisioned it. She is professional, thorough, prompt and organized. More than that, Cheri would really listen to what we wanted and then make it happen exactly how we had asked. Something that we found not many wedding businesses do!

We did a stations wedding and the guests ravved about the food. Michael's was recommended to us by a friend who had their wedding at the hall and I will be recommending them to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Leanne, I was honored that you chose Michael's as your caterer and allowed me to help you coordinate all the fine details for you! It was an extra special and fun night for us, and I still have your thank you note on my desk. All the special touches you planned made your event just perfect for the two of you and your guests, thank goodness the rain stopped when it did! -Cheri G

Laura · Married on 07/06/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Michael's and the service they provided for our wedding reception! From the initial meeting, we knew they were the perfect venue- Cheri and Stephanie bent over backwards to help us make our movie themed reception a reality. They were very quick in responding to emails and helping us get everything planned. I never once felt stressed about the venue as they were so organized throughout the process. The ballroom looked GORGEOUS when we arrived and had so many personal touches that were surprises to us. For instance, Cheri found an old film canister and use it in the decorations, which went perfectly with our theme. The food was DELICIOUS, and the bartenders were personable, and there was never a long line to get a drink. They kept an eye on the bride and groom to make sure our drinks were never empty, too. The staff was wonderful with keeping everything on time and letting us know where we needed to be for certain things (it gets crazy when you're trying to greet 215 guests). The night went so well, I didn't want to leave at the end! We considered lots on venues when planning the wedding, but are so happy we went with Michael's!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Your cinema reception is one that we will never forget. We had a blast decorating for such a great theme. Your homemade concession stand was such an incredible idea, and your guests loved it! Every aspect from your decorations, right down to ours, just seemed to go so well together. Thank You for letting us be a part of your big day! -Cheri and Stephanie

MELISSA · Married on 06/28/2013

Very attentive staff, friendly and easy to work with. Food prepared there was excellent. Our guests could not stop raving about the food..it was just spectacular. I could not have chosen a better place for our wedding...so very happy with Michael's! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THERE!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

You are certainly welcome, Melissa. It was a pleasure helping you plan for such a memorable day. Best of Luck to you and Nick! - Stephanie

Jeremy · Married on 05/31/2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, Excellent food and pastry's. Great place for my wedding.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Arlene · Married on 05/26/2013

Michael's Banquet Facility made my wedding extra-special. Everything from the beginning planning, all the way up to my wedding day. Michael's staff was exceptional, courteous, and professional. My Maid of Honor even needed a gluten-free diet and they made her a special plate of food since I had the buffet - which by the way, everything melted in your mouth like butter. I would recommend that they get checked out as a first choice not a last choice for your wedding day.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

We are so thankful for such kind words! We strive to make every single person attending an event happy! That's why when we get a special request because of a dietary need, it is no problem for our chef of 18 years! Wishing you and Paul a long life of happiness together! -Stephanie

Lindsey · Married on 05/24/2013

Stephanie and Cheri put me to ease when planning my wedding. They were always professional and answered any questions that I had big or small in a prompt manner. My wedding day went really smoothly and flew by thanks to them! The food was also great. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on it!!! I would definitely recommend Michael's to a friend looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

No question is too big or too small for us! We always try our best to respond in a quick manner. We know how important a quick reply can be. We do appreciate the recommendations! Thank You! -Stephanie

Angela · Married on 05/04/2013

I would highly recommend Michaels. They were a pleasure to work with. They helped in any way possibly. The food was awesome and they had a VERY attentive staff. So happy our wedding reception was here!!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank You for your courteous words. We hope you and Justin have a fabulous life together! - Stephanie

Darren · Married on 04/27/2013

Great job and service. I couldn't have asked for a better staff or service. They took everything into consideration and made it an amazing night

Sent on 04/28/2013

Connie · Married on 03/17/2013

Stephanie could not have been more professional, helpful, and courteous. Her patience in helping this mom of an out of state bride and groom went far and above the norm. She talked with myself and my daughter regularly, planned out the timeline of events, assisted and set up the rehearsal breakfast, and the wedding reception. If you are planning an event of any magnitude, please consider Michael's Banquet Facility as a first class choice. Joe (owner) also was on hand throughout to assist in the reception and stayed afterward to help this tired mom pack up all the gifts and table decorations. We had a Day After Breakfast next door at Joe's Diner also owned by Michael's family and they greeted us yet again with kindness and warm wishes for the new bride and groom. What a lovely family to work with and again Stephanie is the one to call for any event needs. She is A++ in our family.

Sent on 03/22/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Its all in a days work Connie! I had a blast helping plan Penny's reception with you. I'm happy Uncle Joe's was able to accommodate you for the next morning breakfast. Its great that you were able to use the family businesses to say goodbyes to your family and loved ones from out of state! Thank you for your sweet words, and letting me be a part of the traditions of your family! That was my first Greek Orthodox wedding, and it was truly unforgettable! Cant wait for my next one! - Stephanie

Penny · Married on 03/17/2013

Joey and I had a GREAT TIME!!!! We enjoyed EVERYTHING!!!! Stephanie was amazing and made our dream wedding come true..... We planned everything 1200 miles away and it was nothing but perfect from the beginning to the end..... we recommend them 100% for any event!!!!!

Sent on 03/23/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

1,200 is not a mile to far for me!! I was happy to plan every little aspect of your big day with you, even if it was almost all thru email. I would like to thank YOU for introducing the "breaking of the plates" tradition to me, and letting me be a part of your unforgettable day! Best Wishes to you and Joey going on ONE year! -Stephanie H

Vidalina · Married on 10/06/2012

We absolutely enjoyed having our wedding reception at Michael's Banquet! Everyone was so wonderful! Food was great and price was very reasonable! I would definitely book another function at Michael's :0)

Sent on 07/02/2013

Michael's Banquet Facility was nothing more then accommodating to my husband and I. They made our day perfect!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Kara · Married on 07/20/2012

I had both my ceremony and reception at Michael’s in July 2012. In the months, weeks and days leading up to the event, Michael’s helped me feel calm and confident that my wedding would be just as I had envisioned. The courtyard space worked excellently for the ceremony (and for photographs). I liked that Michael’s had practical choices for dinner (each of my guests had both steak and chicken) and wonderful extras (like cookies and hors d'oeuvres with a personalized touch). The food was great and the presentation was fabulous. At the reception, I was completely relaxed and could focus being with family and friends; everything was taken care of and went so smoothly! I had positive experiences all the staff I was in contact with (managers, servers, bartender, etc.). Overall, my hubby and I were extremely satisfied with Michael’s!

Sent on 04/13/2013

Michael's Catering & Banquets's reply:

Thank you Kara, I know you and your helpers had fun planning your big day, and even more fun here that night. I really loved all the pictures I saw, thank you for letting us use some on our website. Those giant fluffy clouds were amazing! Stephanie H