Michael Walters Orchestra Reviews

38 | Suwanee, GA

38 Reviews for Michael Walters Orchestra

• F

Frank · Married on 05/26/2013

The Michael Williams Orchestar played at my daughter's wedding, and they were excellent! They had the dance floor jumping all night with music for us "old Folks" - Motown, disco, etc.- and for the 20-somethings in the crowd - Adele, Beyonce, etc. We couldn't have asked for a better band. I would highly recommend them for anyone who wants to have a fun-filled evening!

Sent on 06/07/2013

MWO was a blast! They kept everyone dancing & everyone had an amazing time. Definitely would recommend this band!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Jack · Married on 05/20/2013

MWO ROCKED the HOUSE! Very professional on every level. The guests are still talking about the band!

sandi · Married on 05/11/2013

As the mother and father of the bride , we cannot say enough about the OUTSTANDING quality of the music at our daughter's wedding!!!!! Mike Walters and the band were pure pleasure from start to finish...they were the perfect music and sound tech for our ceremony ...and the enjoyable background to our cocktail hour and the greatest fun for us and all of our guests to dance to!
    Mike followed everything we asked of him and made the transitions of the evening seamless!
    He and the band MADE US LOOK GOOD! Everyone we have come into contact with has said what a great
    fun time they had...and the band had so much to do with that!
    Thank you Mike and ALL!!!!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Gia · event on 04/27/2013

Fantastic group, entertaining, able to read the crowd.

Linda · event on 03/20/2013

We have used MWO for years and have never been disappointed. Whether it is a 3 piece Jazz band or a 12 piece dance band they are always wonderful!

Gina · Married on 12/31/2012

We couldn't have been more pleased with the MWO. After seeing them play at a friends wedding, we decided we had to have them perform at our New Years Eve Wedding! We already had a deposit down and a different band booked. We had such a blast dancing to them at our friends weddind and were so impressed, that we canceled the previously booked band and immediately booked the MWO.

The MWO traveled out of town for our wedding. They came in a day before, putting our minds at ease, as the weather forcast was calling for a snow storm. Their service and accommodations were completely over the top! They were flexible and made sure every song we wanted played they could perform. There professionalism and showmanship was superior to non and they had a full dance floor until 2am.

Making the decision to change our band was the best thing we did! They made our wedding and had a full dance floor until 2am! Our New Years Eve wedding wouldn't have been complete with out the MWO!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Geoff · Married on 09/27/2014

Michael Walters Orchestra was amazing!! We are so happy we chose to use them as our band! They were in constant contact with us leading up to the wedding and always ensured us that this day was about my wife and I. They played a great selection of songs throughout the night and they fed off the crowd and kept the dance floor full. We received numerous praises about the band and guests still ask us who they were and how we found them. This was a new experience for my wife and I and we honestly didn't know what to expect, but I would recommend the Michael Walters Orchestra to anyone and feel confident in saying you won't be disappointed! They even let one of our friends sing Sweet Caroline with the band! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Great job learning the song for our first dance as well as the other new songs we requested. Kept the energy up all night, they did a amazing job!

John · Married on 10/06/2012

The Michael Walters Orchestra provided an incredibly entertaining wedding band for our special day. I was so impressed by how versatile they were and how many different styles they played. They even played current radio hits which really excited some of the younger members of the family. I recommend this band for any event you may be planning!

Sent on 06/07/2013

The MWO Orchestra did a great job to make our wedding reception truly one to remember. Rico and Marlena brought the house down!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Kristine · Married on 06/11/2016

3.8
      3.5
      2.5

I want to give this band a 5 star review because once they got going they were amazing! That said, it was a rough go at the start.

The band forgot a piece of equipment that they needed, and my venue coordinator had to find one to let them use. During the grand entrance, they announced the wrong people as the bride and groom. We had sent them a list of the people to announce (through the form requesting all of the wedding info that the agency asks you to fill out), but it didn’t seem that they had that information. My venue coordinator had to find a program to give them to show them who to announce. The songs that they played early in the night really were not keeping people on the dance floor (including playing “Forget You” by Cee-Lo Green as the second song and announcing “this one is for all the exes!”, which felt a little out of place at our wedding…), but once people started requesting songs things got much better. However, during their breaks, the venue coordinator asked them to play iPod music so that people kept dancing while they were gone (this was something we had talked about with the agency and they had agreed to do). They told the venue coordinator they did not have the correct equipment to do that.

All of that said, once they got going they were amazing. We got so many compliments on the band and people were on the dance floor until the very end of the night. I want to give them 5 stars because my guests thought they were amazing, but I can’t because there were just too many logistical issues and they made worried that we wouldn’t have music during our reception. If you are considering hiring this band I would recommend you just micro-manage a little more than I did. I did not provide a play/do-not-play list, and I totally regret that. Check in with them often and make sure they have everything they need (the form you fill out for the agency, the right equipment, right times, etc.). If you do that, you’ll have one awesome wedding band!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Michael Walters Orchestra's reply:

Hi Kristine ,
    I wanted to respond to your review on MWO at Wedding wire . I do read all reviews and sincerely appreciate your comments and honesty.
    First I must apologize for any mistakes that were made . We have reviewed what needs to be corrected and will take all steps to correct these.
    Very happy that your guests had great time dancing and the wedding was a good time!

Most sincerely,
    Michael Walters
    847-341-8072

Maggie · Married on 08/06/2016

2.4
      3.5
      1.0
      2.5

We hired this band, being promised that they were extremely professional and great at what they do. Come the day of the wedding Michael himself did not show up, without any notification. They have two systems in which they collect information, I did both, but told them one of the sources was more updated to use. They did not get this message, so our song list was lost. We went about 10 songs of hearing nothing we requested and a lot of very generic "we are family" songs, until my mother asked them to focus on the list. John, the trumpet player who was in charge due to michael's unexplained absence, yelled at my mother to leave him alone and that he would handle it. During the bridal party introduction, first dance, and cake cutting we picked songs that they can play, they did not play them as the band rather off an ipod, which started late (2 people were introduced before the song even started) It was embarassing and unprofessional. I had heard SUCH wonderful things about the band, and the quality of the music was great, but their ability to work with a client in a respectful manner was lacking.

Sent on 08/24/2016