Chansley Photo Reviews

60 Reviews for Chansley Photo

Chansley Photo 1
Chansley Photo 2

Lauren · Married on 08/16/2008

The pictures are phenomenal! It was wonderful having you with us and getting to know you.

Roger · Married on 06/14/2008

Keyla and I were able to view the pictures and we were really impressed! We enjoyed the candid shots and the variety Michael captured of our special day. He captured moments that we will never be forget. Thank you so much your assistance and professionalism.

Mark · Married on 05/17/2008

Michael was just who we were looking for in a wedding photographer. Talented with an easy-going manner. Not only was he nice and patient with our family, but the resulting photos were top notch! Thank you Michael!

• Laurie

Laurie · Married on 12/28/2013

Michael was incredible at editing our photos and discussing a package that worked well for us. Cynthia was our photographer and she took the most amazing photos I've ever seem. She even got group portraits where everyone looks amazing, even all the kids! They were wonderful to work with and I recommend them very highly!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Michael did a great job in the weeks leading up to the wedding to make sure I thought of everyone I would want pictures with/of and he had the list the day of the wedding (which I of course forgot). He did a great job staying low key while still getting great photos. Very relaxed and flexible!

Sent on 04/27/2013

Catherine · Married on 04/21/2012

Michael was not available to shoot our wedding, we loved his work and were disappointed. We used one of his photographers and were unsure how everything would turn out. Robert came to shoot our wedding and did an AMAZING job! The photos came out so much better than we could have imaginged. Both Michael and Robert were a pleasure to work with. Always responded in a professional and timely manner. we would use them again and recomend to anyone!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Bella · Married on 09/18/2009

I am not the Bridal or the Groom but I was the Wedding Planner for this wedding. Michael did a great job! he worked with the couple's budget and still stay for a couple of hours to continue taking pictures. Michael thank you so much for all our help. I hope to work with you with again.

Bella

Sent on 09/22/2009

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2016

Michael was our wedding photographer in Tucson this April at the Westin la Paloma. We chose him after looking at this work online and reading the many reviews. He did not disappoint. This was a destination for us so we did not get to meet Michael until the day of our wedding which was fine as he always responded immediately to any questions that we had for him before the wedding. With our formal pictures with family he kept them focused so we could keep our timeline but we did not feel rushed. He listened to our requests and made sure that we got the photos we really wanted to have on that day. Everything turned out beautifully and he was truly a pleasure to work with. The photos are more than we could have hoped for and we cannot wait to see the final book – once we narrow down to which photos we want included, there are too many great ones to choose from. Thank you Michael

Sent on 05/11/2016

3.5
      3.5

Michael was fantastic for our engagement session and I was so happy with the number of pictures taken and how they all turned out, so I was ecstatically looking forward to the pictures from the wedding day. Unfortunately I'm slightly disappointed. For one thing he hired a second photographer to help him out up through the ceremony, but this guy clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing. He took shots of my groom getting ready using a wide angle lens, this produced a multitude of shots that make my 6'3" groom look 4 feet tall and it will take me a while to fix in photoshop. The second photographer also did nothing while we did formal portraits so I feel like there were lots of missed shots of activity going on around the actual portraits. Also he missed a lot of detail shots, luckily guests at my wedding took pictures to make up for this and I'm getting them from them. He missed several key events and people during the reception. He also didn't listen when we told him he needed a ladder for some shots. I gave him a list of the photos I wanted but only got a handful of them. I would just recommend that you give him lots of very direct advice and make sure that you get the pictures you want since I trusted him to use his best judgement but apparently he just wasn't paying attention to what was going on or what I asked for.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Chansley Photo's reply:

Sorry to hear you were disappointed. My assistant was there to assist me with the portraits and lighting during the portrait time. If he took photos of the other people instead, we might not have gotten through all the family photos on time. Being a windy day, I thought it was unsafe for me to be on top of a baseball buyout with a 10' ladder to get one photo. Other people there, including your parents, told me not to risk my safety for it. All the key moments were taken during the wedding. You wanted photos of "the rain" but never mentioned it to me since the wedding reception was inside when it started to rain. I'm glad you were happy with the photos you got and your engagement session. Thanks for the review.

Beverly · Married on 06/21/2014

3.2
      2.0
      1.5
      3.0

Michael was not available on our wedding date, but was kind enough to provide three alternative photographers who apparently have an agreement to fill-in if he is not available. We were married in Tubac, instead of our hometown of Washington, D.C. There is nothing near our city that resemble the scenic grounds at the Tubac Golf Resort.

Faux Pas #1 - None of our pictures depicted the vast beauty of the mountains, or the beautiful resort grounds. The fill-in photographer was not able to make any meetings, so I don't think the fill-in photographer understood we were out of towners, and wanted "the views" in our pictures.

Faux Pas #2 - We were told to expect between 50-100 pictures per hour. We received 256 pics for 5 hours of time. We were told the low number of photos was due to the limited number of guests (50). Hmmm...I thought the rate was based on the number of hours - not guests. No clarity on that fact. We paid a high fee for a low number of pictures.

Faux Pas #3 Don't accept a fill-in photographer. Michael probably would have done a great job. I would more than likely have a better portfolio in which to select my album photos. In all fairness, Michael attempted to make me feel better by informing me that I may use pictures my guests took for my album as well. However, I did not wish to have blurry, cell-phone pictures in my wedding album!

Michael is nice, and so is the photographer he sent in his stead. However, I would NOT recommending a fill-in photographer on your wedding day.

Sent on 07/07/2014