Michael Carmen Photography Reviews

Michael Carmen Photography 5
Michael Carmen Photography 6
Michael Carmen Photography 7

Emily · Married on 06/08/2018

We have worked with Michael for two different events and he is fantastic. Great interacting with guests and ensuring he gets fantastic shots. Reliable, communicative, and great value for the time he commits, resources he brings, and product he delivers.

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2018

Michael is kind, professional and always a pleasure to work with. He gets all the shots you ask for and so much more! Hire him, you will not be disappointed!

Chris · Married on 04/07/2018

What can I say besides wow! Professional, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. It was a great experience having him shoot my wedding.

Michael Carmen Photography 8
    Michael Carmen Photography 9
    Michael Carmen Photography 10
  • User4836048 · event on: 11/16/2014

Michael was really easy to work with and included my dog and young daughter playfully into the photo shoot as we had wanted. He was creative and energetic - lots of fun to work with. Michael also turned our photos around in a quick time period allowing us to use them for our holidays needs. Working with Michael was a terrific experience.

• User4836048 · 1+ year ago

Michael is amazing! We have 3 young children and a dog that can be impossible to coordinate...Michael did a fabulous job preparing for the shoot to engage the children and make our experience a really fun time. Michael is incredibly professional, has amazing ideas for locations, types of shots, etc. We are so grateful to have Michael be our annual photographer!

Michael Carmen Photography 11
    Michael Carmen Photography 12
    Michael Carmen Photography 13

Jenna · Married on 12/10/2017

I have so many wonderful things to say about Michael! From our first "high-five" I knew he was the photographer for our wedding!! I was a pretty laid back bride, with a fairly small wedding and only had few requests but that didn't change Michael's approach to our wedding. He was attentive and on top of his professional game, making us feel super confident and comfortable with him. He captured some incredible moments and possessed the CREATIVE style I was looking for!! Michael always said his intent was to tell the story of the day, and tell our story he did. He's the best!

Michael Carmen Photography 14

alison · Married on 12/09/2017

This was our first time with Michael and we couldn't be happier with the results! Michael photographed our family this year and was amazing, and was able to beautifully capture our 6 month old son. He was an absolute pleasure to work with; the right amount of professional and friendly, he made us feel like we'd known him forever. We were lucky to sneak in with him at the last minute, and he was really easy to work with both pre and post shoot!

Beth · Married on 09/24/2017

Michael is the best. Professional, responsive and very talented. My two boys loved him. He even managed to get my 3 month only puppy to sit still and look in the camera. Now that's impressive. ☺️ Would recommend him to anyone!

Michael Carmen Photography 15

Kaitlin · Married on 09/15/2017

It’s hard to come up with words to describe the amazing experience we had using Michael as our wedding photographer. From the beginning, my husband and I were incredibly impressed by Michael’s incredible customer service, and willingness to make our dreams happen. He was incredibly responsive and very detailed in his planning and organization. He even drove up to meet us twice during the planning process (and from what I understand, it wasn’t a short drive). I was never worried about anything to do with our photography, because Michael was that good at his job. We loved the excitement he brought to our wedding, and how much he genuinely seemed to care about us. On the day of our wedding, not only was he incredibly professional and respectful of what was going on, but he was funny and relatable, and flexible. He wasn’t afraid to get wet, or run to get the perfect shot. Neither my husband or I appreciate being in front of a camera, and with Michael, we never felt fake and had lots of fun. Michael was great with our guests, everyone loved him. We loved the teasers he would send after the wedding, while the photos were being finished. He encouraged us to make a date night out of going through our wedding photos for the first time, and we are so glad we did! It was like reliving that day all over again. He got every shot we wanted perfectly, and so many fun surprises! We would recommend him to anyone, and look forward to working with him again one day.

Michael Carmen Photography 16
    Michael Carmen Photography 17
    Michael Carmen Photography 18

Shoshana · Married on 08/25/2017

We don't know how we got so lucky with Michael Carmen! Every review here says the same thing, but Michael Carmen went above and beyond for us throughout the whole wedding planning process. Both times we met with him prior to the wedding he was so excited and made us feel like we were in the best of hands. We had a two day celebration (private ceremony Friday, reception Saturday) and he was flexible with his hours/pricing which was a concern of ours as we talked to other photographers. He was also very responsive throughout the planning process and helped us create the best possible schedule to capture both days.

Most importantly, I am a stress ball and Michael was great at getting us to relax throughout the chaos of the day, and really focus on each other. One of my favorite memories is when, after the ceremony, he had us sit down on a bench in Faneuil Hall and just spend 15 minutes together alone.

And lastly - he is just an amazingly talented photographer. From sending us the sneak peaks a few weeks after the wedding, to actually receiving them (exactly 6 weeks after) we have been blown away with his work. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

Excellent! Everything you could ask for in a wedding photographer. I was planning a wedding in Maine from Canada and happened to find Michael, a New England-based wedding photographer on Wedding Wire, with a reasonable rate and beautiful images on his website, I decided to send an inquiry through his website. Very shortly he replied via email and we coordinated details via email, text, and phone. He made the whole process very simple, and was quick to respond via text or email.
    We happened to be in Boston before our wedding and he accommodated a meet and greet and a mini engagement/family photo shoot with the kids. That was great, as we all got to know Michael and get comfortable being photographed. It was the perfect blend of him directing us where to be/what to do, and us saying we want to climb in that tree! Every photograph was beautiful!!
    Our wedding experience and photographs were no less stunning and easy. We had a grey, foggy day on the Maine coast, but the pictures are amazing, with again just the right blend of posed and causal/fun photos. Michael arranged for a second shooter to capture both of us getting ready, which was neat to see after-the-fact.
    Bottom line - with Michael you will enjoy your wedding / photo experience and the photos will be beautiful!

Maria · Married on 10/15/2016

Michael was absolutely wonderful before, during, and after our professional photography session at our college. He was very flexible, responsible, and professional. The photos turned out great! I would recommend him to anyone who needs professional head shots done!

Ryan · Married on 10/09/2016

Michael was amazing to work with. His professionalism, and skill were far beyond any other vendor we had met / worked with. Every conversation we had with Michael, from our first meeting to leading up to the wedding day, made us even happier we were able to work with him. His excitement for this day was on the same, very high, level as ours. This was great to see, as it shows he truly cares about making the day so special. My wife and I were married on Cape Cod, and the weather quickly turned into a storm. What would have caused concern for most people, knowing we had someone with the skill and passion that Michael has, made us that much more confident that he would capture all the best and memorable moments. Michael was much more than our wedding photographer as he coordinated much of the day. Leading up to the wedding day he also helped us with finding a great team of videographers and a second shooter, and they all worked seamlessly together and did a fantastic job. Our actual wedding coordinator was nowhere to be found during crucial moments the day of the wedding and turned off her phone. Without hesitation, Michael stepped up and kept us all on track while making sure our day was perfect and perfectly captured. After the wedding, Michael would send us teaser photos and his continued level of excitement was so great to see. Now that we have all the shots, we are amazed at how talented he is. Every shot was very well done and will be a constant reminder of how amazing that day was. I strongly recommend Michael to everyone and anyone in search of a photographer.

Liz · Married on 08/27/2016

Michael is the perfect professional! Very organized and detail oriented, he took time to understand our style and made sure to carry it forth in all of his work. Michael delivered us a beautiful portfolio in a very short amount of time after the wedding. We received a variety of gorgeous photos, both traditional and modern. We love the creativity that Michael brings to his photos - if you're looking for something unique, he has an eye for capturing moments in a creative and unmatched way. His customer service and responsiveness are top notch! His personality is fantastic! We feel so lucky to have had such a wonderful vendor, who felt more like a friend, capturing some of our most special moments of our lives. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation. Thank you Michael!!!! (I included just a small sample of the details he captured of our day - it was hard to choose which photos to include, there were so many great shots!)

Michael Carmen Photography 19
    Michael Carmen Photography 26
    Michael Carmen Photography 27
    Michael Carmen Photography 28

Stacey · Married on 08/07/2016

The most enthusiastic individual I've ever come across! We were so excited when he decided to work with our budget (thank god for Instragram hashtags). Michael is very professional, punctual (if not early) organized and was very accommodating when it came to traveling. I can't honestly say one bad thing about him. His energy was indescribable and he would get you all excited over the simplest things. I love to see someone that loves what they do, and it actually shows. He was always so pleasant and It really seemed like nothing ever bothered him. Michael is not only a brilliant photographer, but he made a stressful time become a fun one, which I will be forever grateful. We love him, our guests loved him, and would recommend him to anyone. I can't wait to have another big event so I can hire him again!!

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

I cannot say enough good things about how wonderful Michael is! Most importantly we are thrilled with the quality and quantity of our photographs!! He was the photographer for our wedding shower and his professionalism and eye for detail were amazing! He is responsive and just as enthusiatic about photographing your event as you are about your event itself. We were so pleased with the entire experience!

Meredith · Married on 06/11/2016

We can't recommend Michael enough!! His photos are fabulous, by far and away among the best we've seen. But more than that, he was so responsive, flexible and warm yet professional. We planned our intimate wedding (~45 people) from afar (we're based in CA, but the wedding was in Boston) in a tight time frame (~2 months), so the photography aspect could have been really tricky or stressful to pull together -- but it wasn't at all. He got to know us over emails and calls since we couldn't meet in person, and he visited the bar where we were hosting the celebration in advance to get a feel for the place and was able to showcase both us and the place to full advantage. He immediately understood what we want and just made everything so easy. We're so thrilled with the photos he took, and are so proud to share them with our family and friends. My mother, who is notoriously hard to please, summed it up perfectly when she commented, "Your guy does really good work. He's so professional that he came off as a family member and not a hired pro." We completely agree.

Jennie · Married on 12/31/2015

My husband and I are so thankful, and honestly relieved, that Michael Carmen Photography was our wedding photographer. Michael is enthusiastic, knowledgable, and incredibly responsive, which made the planning a breeze. He was in touch throughout the months prior and during the day helped moved everyone along. Our pictures came out incredible and he captured every type of shot we asked for-I couldn't believe some of the shots he captured since he and his assistants were so unobtrusive throughout the day. We received our photos on the exact date promised and we couldn't be happier :)

Veronica · Married on 09/26/2015

It was an absolute amazing experience working with Michael. From the get to he was so easy to work with. Since we live in Colorado and were getting married in Massachusetts he would Skype with us whenever we were able, he made himself very available and was incredibly responsive whenever we had a question.

He did our engagement pictures and even though is was cold, drizzling and windy, not only did he make it an enjoyable experience and did not try and rush us but the pictures came out AMAZING!

For the wedding Michael and his assistant were both TERRIFIC. Michael came out and greeted me when I arrived and not only that but went and made sure that my "husband to be" would not see me before the ceremony and cleared the way. Since we did not do a first look most of our pictures had to be taken after the ceremony. Michael made sure that we were finished with pictures in time to enjoy the cocktail hour ( something very important to my husband). His efficiency, professionalism and attitude are second to none, he was so pleasant, it really put us at ease.

The wedding pictures were the single most important item that I wanted as a takeaway from the wedding (other than a husband) and I know that I made 100% the right decision using Michael Carmen Photography. He captured my memories, ones that will last a lifetime. If I could do it all over again I would chose Michael one thousand times over!

Kimberly · Married on 08/01/2015

MC was absolutely amazing. He delivered absolutely stunning photos of our wedding - the most important day of our lives! His work is outstanding- as an artist myself I have a keen eye for quality photography. He over delivered on the quantity of photographs as well by hundreds. He turned over all the photos for us within a month and kept us so excited with beautiful teasers! He was professional through the entire process, answered all of our questions, was extremely responsive, accessible and catered to our vision in delivery of his work. We LOVED him and would recommend him over and over!!! :)

Lindsey · Married on 06/13/2015

It was great working with Michael Carmen Photography. Throughout the entire process, Michael was professional, communicative, a great listener, and very helpful as we debated what our priorities were for our photos. We absolutely love our photos, which were delivered ahead of schedule, and would love to work with MC again!

Michael was amazing. He met with us and put our minds at ease that we were in the right hands. He was laid back and so easy to work with. The day of the wedding when things seemed stressful and not going as planed, he was able to keep the mood fun and exciting. Even getting family members who don't get along to share some laughs. I can't say enough good things about Michael. So upbeat, so professional. Easily the best value we researched and got us photos that rival the most expensive Boston wedding photographers. I would hire him 1000x times if I could have that many weddings.

Linnea · Married on 10/10/2014

MC was fantastic! We had one photographer fall through on us last minute and you know what, I'm glad she did! Michael came highly recommended and gave me a call right away. He took pictures of everything we wanted but most importantly, he made it fun. He joked with my husband and I, as well as our whole family, bringing genuine smiles to each picture taken. I honestly can't say enough about how professional he is as a photographer. Michael made the day so easy for all of us. He is professional, personable, and such a fun guy to hang out with! I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Emily · event on: 09/24/2016

It is our 4th time using Michael for our family photo occasions and we are thrilled with the results yet again! He is super flexible on scheduling, creative with backdrop ideas, and awesome with our small children. Our photos are gorgeous - Highly recommend!!!

Kate · event on: 11/15/2014

MC Photography was excellent! They were flexible with dates/times, provided more pictures than I expected and did a wonderful job despite the difficulty of photographing my two very young children! I would absolutely recommend them to others!!!