MIC King Music and Events LLC Reviews

152 | Kansas City, MO

152 Reviews for MIC King Music and Events LLC

Amanda · Married on 04/18/2015

Mic did a great job very professional kept us partying all night ... we couldn't jhave picked a better DJ is wat the family told us.

Sent on 04/27/2015

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Tony and Amanda, Thank you so much for your kind words and your review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day, and cheers to the many years ahead for you both!
  • User4841549 · event on: 02/21/2015

I really enjoyed working with Mike and Darthy on our Father Daughter Dance and look forward to working with them again in the very near future!!!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Heiko · Married on 01/03/2015

Mike was great! He not only took care of the entertainment, he took care of all of the guests' needs. He blended so well with the family!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Mike went far and beyond the normal DJ responsibilities. He took care of fixing the brides plate during dinner, made suggestions during the rehearsal, brought drinks to us and kept the party going. He was great to work with. The venue manager even commented oh his professionalism and stated they would like to work with him more in the future.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Cole · Married on 10/04/2014

Mike was awesome! Everyone had a great time at our wedding and he was very willing to help out with anything that was needed.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Brooke · Married on 09/20/2014

I would give 10s if I could. My husband and I were so incredibly lucky to have been able to work with Mike. There was not a minute he stopped working. Our guests adored his humble and respectful way he went about his work. We were a couple that gave little to no direction to Mike and he did just an unbelievable job with our wedding. He DJd our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He meets with you before to get to know you. He subtly interacts with your guests so that he can get a read on what to play. Mike made sure my and my husband's drinks stayed full all night. He worked with all of our vendors to set up our cake, venue, and food service. We recommend him 100% if his company is available for your date. You most definitely will not regret it.

Sent on 10/04/2014

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Brooke I'm glad to be part of your day. Thanks for the gift cards.

Tina · Married on 08/30/2014

Mike is a full serviced DJ. Of everyone at the wedding, Mike was the most helpful and he took good care of us and our wedding party. He was genuine in ensuring that our special day went smoothly. I can honestly say, he's by far the best DJ!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Sandee · Married on 08/16/2014

Very professional and personable. Wonderful job. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Laura · event on: 08/09/2014

Mike is AMAZING! We hired him for a corporate event focused on children, ages 0-13. He was perfect!! He played age-appropriate music, fun games, line-dances, and gave out prizes. He played limbo, build-a-snowman, hokey-pokey, chicken dance, and much more. He event Emceed our games and activities to keep everyone engaged. The kids had a great time. We are 100% sure we will ask him to DJ our next event for our company. I already referred him to several friends.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Chesney · Married on 07/12/2014

Mike was professional throughout the entire process. He has a very personable demeanor and was very flexible in meeting times and locations. With his extensive knowledge of various genres he was able to help us select some great songs to play during our reception. During the reception Mike (and Darthy) made sure everything flowed smoothly and worked great with my other vendors. His DJ style was versatile and he was able to cater to my diverse group of guest. Additionally Mike went out of his way to provide the music for my wedding ceremony, even though someone else was handling the sound. He will go out of his way to make sure your wedding day is amazing! A month after my wedding I still have people telling me how much fun they had on the dance floor! If I did it all over again Mic King Music would definitely be on my list!

Sent on 08/12/2014

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you, I wish you and Deshawn the very best.

Michael · Married on 06/07/2014

Mike King and his wonderful wife did an outstanding job DJ'ing our wedding. He truly rocked the evening and made it a fantastic experience for our guests. I have already recommended his services to many of my friends and family who need a great DJ.

All the best,
    Michael & Megan Russell

Sent on 06/29/2014

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Michael and Megan. We would like to wish you all the best on the new adventures you are about to take on.

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2014

I cannot even put into words how amazing Mike and Darthy are to work with. From the first meeting with Mike I knew he was perfect for our wedding. He is personable and truly listens to what you say. He called me about monthly to ask how the planning was going and see if I needed help with anything. He even provided assistance on things other than the music. At our second meeting his lovely wife came along and we had a wonderful time chatting and planning. I was 100% confident in Mike's abilities and knew I would not have to worry about anything the day of. On our wedding day, they came early to set up and test stuff out. He came to my room to check on me randomly, bringing me water and even offered to go get me a sandwich! He helped with last minute decorating and dilemmas. He and Darthy coordinated the bridal party and ceremony so I didnt have to worry since I didnt have a wedding planner. He kept the party going all night, did games with rhe kids so adults could converse, carried our plates for us, got us drinks, and even brought us a Red bull because he knew we liked them! He made us feel like royalty. He did such a great job many people asked for his card and my Uncle and his new bride even booked him for their wedding last Sunday! You are not just getting a DJ. You are getting Mike. I have done multiple events, banquets, my wedding....and he is by far the best vendor I have ever worked with. Hands down, the best.

Sent on 10/07/2014

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Sarah for those kind words about us. I would like to wish you and Eric the very best. I loved working with you guys.

Katie · Married on 03/22/2014

Mike went above and beyond our expectations! We had so many compliments on him as well. He will always be our go to DJ and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Millicent · Married on 03/15/2014

Who would have thought that I could find such quality and awesome service over the internet. I love how nice and caring that Mike was in regards to more then just the music of the wedding. He even was helpful in finding us a cake when there was a last minute issue. Which was definitely not apart of his job, but he went above and beyond. I had many compliments from family and friends on how nice and entertaining the DJ(Mike) was. He did all the announcing and instructions for our guests from cocktail hour to the close of reception. He handed the mic over at any point if someone wanted to make a speech or say something special. He took just enough attention on me and my husband for us to sneak in and out when needed for pictures or changing. But did not make it about anyone except for the guest and us. He was not only a DJ but he was a pre-wedding counselor, a coordinator, a local neighbor, exquisite communicator, waiter, dancer, camera man, teacher (of the fun group dances), server and THE BEST LISTENER. Which made all of our 'not exactly sure what kind of music we should play', sound like THE PERFECT MIX OF MUSIC! He definitely honored our wishes for family friendly music and he had a very Large music gallery!! So wonderful. I know of three engaged couples who attended the wedding are without a doubt going to go to MIC King Music and Events LLC!!!!!

Sent on 03/24/2014

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words. I'm really glad you guys had fun. God bless.

Alex · event on: 01/11/2014

Definitely one of the best DJ experiences I have ever had. The DJ kept the party going all night and I know everyone enjoyed themselves that much more because of the services. Used up-to-date equipment and knew what he was doing. Would and will use their services again!

Sent on 01/22/2014

Andrew · Married on 01/04/2014

Loved every second of the time we had the DJ from the time we puled in to the time we packed up. on a five star rating system he needs seven of them

Sent on 01/07/2014

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Andy, I wish you and Megan best of luck and many wishes in the future. If you need anything please call or email me.

Amber · Married on 10/18/2013

Mike was so easy to work with and very reliable!! The wedding/reception music was a hit and we had so many compliments from our guests on how FUN the evening was and how GREAT the DJ was! Also, I loved the fact that he was willing to meet with us a couple of times before our wedding to discuss ideas we had....I highly recommend Mike King!

Sent on 02/08/2014

MIke brought the energy we needed to our party. He got everyone involved and dancing. Such a fun DJ!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Dio and Dana · Married on 07/20/2013

Mike was great. He was Very engaging and just a blessing to us. Many people commented on how awesome he was as well.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Christina · Married on 04/20/2013

Mr. King spent time discussing my daughters needs, wants and unique requests because we had a very diverse crowd. In a smaller arena, he was quick to make useful suggestions on use of space and where it made the most sense for him to set up. He was friendly, energetic and everyone asked where I'd found such a great DJ. We were very pleased!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Best time ever!! Awsome selection ! After event multiple people commented on what a great job he did!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Dorna · Married on 11/10/2012

Mike was very professional and entertained the whole crowd.
    He was very outgoing and help pull the whole wedding together.

Stasia · Married on 11/03/2012

Mic King Music made our wedding reception a night to remember. The music selection was amazing, as well as his energy! We loved how his studio fit right in with the lighting and sleek design. I would highly recommend Mic King Music and Event for any occasion!

Dan & Crystal · Married on 09/22/2012

Our wedding day could not have been more perfect! While i was planning my wedding, a friend asked me an important question. What do you remember from the last wedding you attended? Well the first thing that came to mind was the energy and excitement from the music and DJ. The music mixes, the involvement, song selections were awesome. I can truly say that MIke from Mic King Music really made my special day! His ideas on how to facilitate our music as I walked down the aisle, to the introductions of my wedding party were amazing. I could not have done it without him! My guests even mentioned days after that they really enjoyed the entertainment! So THANK YOU MIC KING MUSIC!! I would highly recommend this company for any event!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Mike is very personable and brought a lot of energy to our event. He made sure everyone was on the dance floor and excited to be there. It was like having one of our good friends Dj-ing the night.