MIC King Music and Events LLC Reviews

152 | Kansas City, MO

152 Reviews for MIC King Music and Events LLC

Nick · Married on 05/06/2017

MIC King is absolutely incredible DJ service! They they always kept in touch during the wedding planning process. They even sent us a Christmas card. Our DJ, Connor, was very professional and kept the everything smoothly during the wedding day. Highly recommend, Awesome job guys!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

MIC King Music and Events went Above & Beyond. Our Wedding reception was truly amazing, and DJ Mike and his crew were essential parts in making that happen. Mike made us feel like true VIPs, not only was he there nonstop for my husband & I, he had the party going all night long. The guests (kids & adults) were dancing and having fun all night long. I would choose MIC King Music over and over again!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Kevin · Married on 04/29/2017

Mike was great to work with and an amazing DJ PLUS party coordinator! Mike got my wife and I food and drinks as we were taking some photos after the ceremony, and even came around to the Head Table and Parents table to take drink requests/song requests during dinner. He was very easy to work with throughout the process and during the wedding was awesome at reading the room to make sure that the dance floor was always full. He had some wonderful suggestions for music/fun dance ideas that we really appreciated. I would seriously recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ!!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Kelsey · Married on 04/22/2017

Connor acted as the MC for our wedding and he was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Not only just as an MC for the reception but for the whole time before. After the ceremony, he came out with appetizers and bottle waters for us while we were taking pictures to make sure we were taken care of. He kept checking on us to make sure we were taken care of. He timed everything perfectly and worked well with our coordinator and all our other vendors. During the reception, he was outgoing and great at leading group dances and making sure that people were having fun! He was on top of it and serious about his job. I also can't say enough about Mike and Darthy, the owners. They helped with something for our wedding that was a little different and were willing to take it on. They helped when we needed something to show our video on and they were there with a smile to answer the million and one questions that I had. I can't recommend these guys enough. They really went the extra mile and I'm thankful that we chose them as a part of our big day. Thank you Connor, Darthy, and Mike for making our day one that we will never forget!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Kelsey · Married on 04/22/2017

Sent on 05/24/2017

T · Married on 04/08/2017

This is the best DJ service for any occasion. I knew about them due to my cousin's wedding which impressed me. We just had them for our Prom and ALL the kids were impressed with the service!! (Try pleasing high schoolers with varying music taste) Any type of music you need and over the top service! Couldn't ask for better in my book! Thanks, MicKing!!
    North Harrison High School

Sent on 04/10/2017

Lacy · Married on 04/08/2017

We have used MIC King for several events and he ALWAYS does a wonderful job!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Alyssa · Married on 02/25/2017

We've held this event for almost 10 years now and they were by far the best dj service we've used. They played an excellent selection of music and ensured our girl scouts and their dad's had a great time.

Sent on 03/07/2017

Thank you so much.

Megan · Married on 01/28/2017

Cody and I were fortunate to meet Mike and Darthy through the 5K Wedding Run. They were a pleasure to work with and truly went above and beyond to ensure the success of the event. After the Spring 2016 5K Wedding Run event, they were one of the most complimented vendors from the brides/grooms that attended the event. When Cody and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to work with MIC King Music & Events! We were glad to have the opportunity to have two people we enjoy so much hosting and providing the entertainment for our big day. Mike even added trivia while dismissing our guests to the buffet line for dinner- which we loved! Everyone had a blast and everything ran smoothly. They are professional and will bring a lot of positive energy to your day. We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Coleen · Married on 01/21/2017

We used MIC King Music for a fund raiser for Testicular Cancer. Mike and his wife went above and beyond what we expected of them! They were great at engaging the audience, quick to play requests and were very considerate of all of the guests. Several times Dorothy came to me asking if the music level was to high or to low, if the music selection was ok, or if I wanted to switch it up. I would HIGHLY recommend them for ANY occasion! Great service! Great personalities!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Loudean · Married on 12/18/2016

Darthy was the DJ of my employee holiday party and she was AMAZING! I could not ask for better enthusiasm, crowd interaction, and overall satisfaction. Just stellar!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 12/17/2016

Mike was great! He was friendly, timely, professional and very very talented! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for DJ services no matter what type of event!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Spencer · Married on 11/19/2016

I knew from the first phone conversation with Mike that we needed to book them for our wedding! Mike, Darthy, and Conner helped coordinate our whole day, kept us on schedule, and made sure our wedding party and our guests had the time of their lives! Their attention to detail was incredible! We never once had to refill our drinks or worry about a thing! Everyone - you NEED to book with MicKing!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Ryan · Married on 10/01/2016

Daniel T was the DJ for my wedding and he was AMAZING! I had people coming up to me asking me where I found this guy haha he did such a great job keeping everything running smoothly, keeping me updated, finding people when it was coming up on their time to use the mic (toasts, garder and bouquet toss, etc). He made sure to check in with my bride and I to see how we were doing and he was great at adjusting request by us on the fly. I could not be happier with the service "mic king" and Daniel T, our DJ, provided by Mike. So impressed and I will recommend them to everyone of my friends and family for their weddings and events. Oh and my wedding planner loved working with Daniel and Mike too.

Sent on 10/02/2016

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your celebration! Daniel said he had a great time. We wish you and Jaime all the best.

Jennifer · Married on 09/25/2016

We had a great experience with Mic King Music. The owners attended our event, in addition to the DJ, and were doing jobs they weren't even required to do including busing tables and fulfilling drink orders. They are very friendly and kind, easy to communicate with, and helpful. We greatly appreciated their help in bringing our wedding together and keeping it on track. I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Joshua · Married on 09/23/2016

We had a wonderful time! Thank you so much for everything! We had a blast dancing the night away with great music! So friendly, personable, and professional. Brought us drinks during pictures; made sure our cups were never empty!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Mary Ann · Married on 09/16/2016

The kids were very excited about the DJ. He kept them dancing the entire night. Looking at using your services again for our Winter Coronation in February. Will probably be calling the first of December to get it booked. Thanks again everything was awesome.

Sent on 09/26/2016

sean · Married on 09/10/2016

I would recommend taking the time to meet with them face to face first to make sure they are who you would want to represent the music at your wedding. Great people to work with.

Sent on 09/19/2016

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Sean, thank you! We agree that meeting your DJ before the event is an important detail! We are so happy you enjoyed your entertainment and appreciate your review!

Elythe · Married on 09/02/2016

I gave my husband a surprise birthday party and I wish Mic ran all my previous parties and events prior to this. Mic was so helpful from the very beginning until the party was over.
    The form they provide to fill out for your event is very detailed and helpful. Mic assisted with planning the flow of the party as well due to his experience. Best of all, Mic did an excellent job of keeping the atmosphere high energy due to his selection of music and by engaging everyone through dances and games. I will never go with another DJ going forward - PERIOD

Sent on 09/10/2016

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, the birthday party was so much fun!
    -DJ Mike

Katie · Married on 08/20/2016

It was awesome working with Chris and Mike! They made the night run so smoothly and were able to accommodate last minute changes. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to let the DJ run the show! With 400+ guests, we were a little nervous about making sure everyone had a good time, but we didn't even have to worry about that... the DJs were so attentive and the dance floor was never empty!!

Sent on 08/30/2016

MIC King Music and Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Katie and once again congratulations.

Kinsley · Married on 08/06/2016

Danny and Chris did an amazing job at my wedding! Definitely went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly, checked on wedding party several times and did a great job overall! Very impressed!!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

Loved having Mike and Daniel as our DJs! You guys did a fantastic job of keeping everyone on the dance floor and having fun! Thank you for an unforgettable evening:)

Sent on 08/18/2016

Kristine · Married on 07/02/2016

We had Mike and Daniel as our DJs for our wedding!! The months and days leading up to our big day - they were so easy to get a hold of and answered all of our questions and really made us feel special!! We saw them at a previous wedding we attend and knew then we had to use them for our's and would do it again!! I also loved the special touches they added; not only were they the DJs and kept everyone dancing but they kept our drinks full, helped us with our food - just went above our expectations!!

Definitely recommend them!!! You won't regret it!!!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2016

I had D.J. Mike and another guy can't remember his name they both went above and beyond on my day. From making sure we always had a drink in our hands to serving our plates to us to always checking in to make sure we were ok and if we needed everything not what you think you get with a D.J. service was highly impressed!! Would recommend this company to anyone looking for an awesome D.J.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Residence Inn by Marriott · Married on 06/22/2016

I definitely recommend MIC King Music and Events!

Sent on 06/29/2016