MI Event DJs Reviews

4.7

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• James
    James J. Married on 10/02/2021

Great way to cap off an amazing day.

Great experience, the mix was great, heard nothing but compliments from the family and friends that were there. Was definitely impressed that when my best man "dropped" the mic, Tom didn't automatically kill him so that was great! 10/10 would recommend!
    Elise T. Married on 08/20/2021

We would highly recommend!

Tom was awesome! He did a great job keeping our event moving while being flexible and calm. People were moving on the dance floor all night long, even those that are usually too shy to dance! We would highly recommend!
    Makayla S. Married on 08/14/2021

Perfect in every way!

Tom was extremely responsive & easy to work with, our parents changed some of the songs last minute & he didn’t even hesitate just changed it to what we wanted. He was so easy to plan with before the wedding & the website let us chose our songs & time line on our time, which we ended up printing & using for our actual time line! So thankful we chose this company & wouldn’t change a thing!
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 07/31/2021

Keeps Guests on the Dance Floor!

Very organized DJ with a great website where you can upload and make changes at any time! Very responsive and helpful. Worked with me to reschedule due to COVID.

We worked together with my playlist and songs he knows are big hits that keeps guests on the dance floor! There was even a dance off at the wedding!

He uses great dialogue to help host the reception to keep things flowing!

Would highly recommend working with Tom!
  • Kathy
    Kathy H. Married on 06/11/2021

November Wedding

Our wedding was the end of November, smaller more intimate setting with the service at the beginning of the reception. Tom was excellent! He worked with on our instrumental request for the bridal walk . He kept in touch prior to the wedding with recommendations and responded quickly to questions. Guests had a great time with the photo booth!
    We would highly recommend!
  • Cheri
    Cheri B. Married on 05/15/2021

It was awesome!

I would highly recommend Tom and MI DJ Event for any event. Had my son's wedding on 5/15 and Tom was AWESOME! He was upbeat and kept people on the dance floor all night long. It was a blast and even the photographer commented that she never saw so many people dancing. It was a fun, fun wedding thanks to Tom!! The photo booth was so much fun too!
  • Cristie
    Cristie C. Married on 09/09/2020

Excellent experience!

Tom and Cindy at MI Event DJ's were so easy to work with! Tom made the entire process from start to finish as easy as possible with online planning tools! I loved that guests could go on and request songs as well! Tom was also quick with e-mail responses! My dance floor was packed nearly the entire night, Tom did a great job of keeping that going. My expectations were high for entertainment and MI Event Dj's beyond met them!

MI Event DJs's reply:

Thank You Cristie! We had a great time! Thank You again for having Cindy and I be part of your big day!
  • Samantha
    Samantha F. Married on 06/12/2020

Great Experience

We hired Tom for our small backyard wedding. He did a great job and was very easy to work with. We definitely recommend.
    Amanda F. Married on 01/18/2020

I wouldn’t pick anybody else!

My fiancé and I chose MI event DJs after attending a family wedding in May where Tom was the DJ. Everything looked perfect on their day from up lighting, to monogram, to the perfect music that we decided we couldn’t look anywhere else. We got married in 01/18/2020 and would choose MI event DJs again and again! The process is simple and easy as everything is done on a user friendly portal allowing you to organize and plan your own day accordingly! We were even able to upload a Spotify playlist for dinner music! Everything we chose was played and Tom accommodated changes and requests as the night went on! Thank you MI event DJs for being the perfect touch to our day!

MI Event DJs's reply:

Hi Amanda, We had a blast with you and your guests! You guys really rocked the party! Thanks again for having us!
    Steven G. Married on 09/14/2019

Tom was amazing!

When we were searching for someone to do the music at our wedding, we did not know who was "good", so maybe we were different in that we set up sit-down interviews with 8 different people. Tom impressed us and was beyond the others. We had an outdoor courtyard ceremony and needed some additional sound equipment beyond the reception, which he provided and set-up. We also asked our 150 guests, "What is the one must-have song at our reception which will get you up and dancing?" The responses made for quite a spectrum. Tom looked at the list and said no problem (and some were a little obscure). When the dance floor would thin out, Tom expertly brought the floor back to life a few times throughout the night! The entrance of bridal party and all the "special" dances at the start, Tom was excellent on the microphone! He really went above and beyond to help make our wedding day phenomenal.

Hi Steven,
    Thanks for the kind words! I had a great time with you and your guests! Thank you for having me!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 07/11/2019

Made our day amazing!

Tom did an fantastic job at our wedding! The months leading up to the wedding and with all the changing things due to Covid, any questions or concerns we had Tom got back to us right away! Their online website made it super easy to plug in all our day plans and song requests, super convenient to be able to make changes along the way as well. I also did a lot of shopping around price wise before I booked anything and they had great package pricing! Everyone else was way over what we wanted to pay. We had an amazing experience and I will be recommending them to everyone!
    Lisa S. Married on 07/06/2019

Tom was awesome!

My DJ was switched last minute, the day before my wedding! Tom was referred/sent to me from the DJ I first booked with, at first I was very hesitant on having a DJ I didn’t get the change to know before the wedding but Tom exceeded my expectations! He was so personable and professional and played great music! I told him my preferences for music literally the day of and he showed up and showed off! Tom is a great DJ and is so good at playing music that you request! He really made our special day one to forever remember! Our guests said that it was the best dance party they’ve been at! I would highly recommend booking Tom!

MI Event DJs's reply:

Hi Lisa. Thank you so much for the kind words. I had a great time with your friends and family. We wish you both nothing but the best!
    Jessica R. Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect in every way!!

Tom was hands dow , THE perfect person to DJ our wedding. The dance floor was packed the whole time, he welcomed requests, and totally went with the flow.
  • Sammi
    Sammi M. Married on 06/29/2019

Chateau on the River Wedding

Tom and Cindy made our wedding planning so extremely easy. Tom responded quickly to all my very worried bride questions! My family and friends enjoyed the entertainment and the dance floor was hopping! The Photo Booth was a hit as well with the guests. I would recommend them any day!

MI Event DJs's reply:

Hi Sammi! Thank you so much for allowing Cindy and I to be part of your big day. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and your friends/family made the day great. Thank You again!
    Shannon H. Married on 06/15/2019

Great experience

Tom and Cindy did a great job at our wedding! We had an outdoor ceremony that they accommodated for and then brought the party back in for the reception! They played all of our requests and the dance floor was packed all night. Even my 93 year old grandma was out there dancing! Cindy did a great job at the photobooth. Some of the pictures taken were hilarious.. So glad we get a USB drive of all of the photobooth pictures! A great experience highly recommend!
  • Renee
    Renee Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing DJ

My husband and I did the photo booth and DJ package and I was great! Tom and Cindy are wonderful people and have an amazing service. The website for them is so user friendly and allows you to control so much and not have to worry about sending 100 emails or texts because you forgot something here or there. We also got all the photos from the photo booth and they are priceless, we even printed some out for people. They are flexible and friendly. They are very much there to make your day easier and they did an incredible job. Everyone is still talking about how they had so much fun and that the music was great. 100% would recommend to anyone!
    Nicole Married on 04/13/2019

Great DJ! Budget wedding!

My husband and I were on the search for a DJ that could work within our specific budget.. I came across Tom and his wife on a Facebook group. They were attentive and accommodating! They had all of the songs I requested for certain moments and took my requests instantly all night. They also mad a custom monogram that I loved!! Thank you for DJ-ing my ceremony and reception!

Picture Credit: Jenni Hecht with The Focused Soul from Sturgis Michigan
  • Audrey
    Audrey Married on 03/23/2019

Belle Isle Wedding

Tom did a absolutely fantastic job! He showed up on time, was ready to go before our guest showed up and was very accommodating to my last minute booking. I couldn't have been more pleased with this company. I would definitely recommend them to all my family and friends. Thanks again!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 11/03/2018

Best Music

Everything about MI event DJs was great! Super friendly and really easy to get in contact with! They had an awesome music selection and a really great photobooth. I didn't have to worry about set up or takedown, and the whole wedding went off without any trouble! Really fantastic!
  • Bridget
    Bridget Married on 10/30/2018

amazing!!!

they were amazing! I had given them some info prior to my wedding and didn't have to worry about a thing the night of my wedding! they played everything that I had requested and more! and their timing was perfect!
    Andrea Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing experience with MI events:)

I was very impressed with MI DJ’s. Tom took the time to get to know me and my husband before the ceremony and catered to our request. We had an interacted reception and Tom was spot on with everything. We also had the photo-booth which was the icing on the cake. I would recommend Tom and Cindy for any wedding to DJ. Thank you for making our night amazing!!
    Kristina Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding DJ

DJ was excellent. On time, professional.
    Was able to use our music selection, kept with our music genre all the while feeling the crowd and mixing in what he felt was appropriate. Always kept the music and good vibes going!
    Alyssa W. Married on 09/08/2018

Fantastic Wedding DJ

Planning our wedding was very stressful, but MI Wedding DJs made it super easy! We opted for getting both the photo booth and the DJ services. They were really responsive to our messages (mostly through email), which was super helpful. They were also very flexible and their website was AMAZING for planning out the details of how our reception would go. I talked to the DJ before hand and he made sure that he knew what type of music we wanted, how to pronounce everyone's names, how we wanted to evening to go, everything. It made me really feel like they cared about how the evening would go and they wanted to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. We ended up being late to the reception by about 15 minutes the day of, and the DJ handled it perfectly. No one except immediate family even noticed! He was amazing as an MC the whole night. It's been 2 months and I'm still getting comments from friends and family about how it was the most fun they've had at a wedding! Absolutely would recommend to anyone that wants a super fun and put together evening :)
    Jen Married on 08/25/2018
    Tom was so wonderful to work with along the way! Super responsive to any questions I had along the way and their online planning tool was great! We had Eric as our actual DJ the night of and we cannot day enough great things about him. He was such a nice person, super fun and energetic and was so catering to any last minute changes. So glad I went with MI Event DJ’s!!!
    Abby Married on 07/21/2018
    Tom and Cindy were awesome! They coordinated everything and we never had to worry about a thing at our reception. They took care of all announcements and kept everyone on the dance floor! I would definitely recommend them. We also had them do a photo booth and everyone loved it!