Mexico Rabbi Reviews

32 | Cancun, MX

32 Reviews for Mexico Rabbi

We thought it would be impossible to find a rabbi to perform an interfaith, Jewish ceremony in Cancun, but we were connected with Rabbi Steve via the resort where we stayed and hosted our wedding and reception!
    We connected with him early on to assure availability and retain his services, but it wasn't until about 2 months prior where we began emailing and talking more regularly. As a type A bride, I would have preferred a little more communication back and forth in response to some earlier requestsI had brought forth, but at the same time understand he is a busy man performing several weddings a weekend!
    The majority of our wedding guests were not Jewish, but all had fabulous things to say about the ceremony. It was personal, heart felt and warm. There was plenty of humor mixed in as well, which suited our crowd quite well!
    We appreciated his insights and recommendations for the wedding components and also his insight into working with wedding photographers to assure we would get the best photos possible. We could have talked to him for hours at a time and always appreciated his conversation.
    I would certainly recommend Rabbi Steve to anyone looking for a down to earth, warm officiant for their ceremony.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Rabbi Steve was great! He is a down-to-earth rabbi & loves what he does! We are so thankful that we found Rabbi Steve!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Samantha · Married on 04/29/2018

3.0

Rabbi Steve just performed our wedding in Riviera Maya. He made the ceremony enjoyable for everyone and took the time to explain the different aspects of the ceremony while keeping it interesting and emotional. We have an interfaith marriage and discussed this with Rabbi Steve beforehand and he tailored the wedding perfectly to reflect the appropriate level of religion. We absolutely loved our ceremony and would recommend him to anyone having a destination wedding in Mexico.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Lydia · Married on 02/23/2013

3.0

We had a hard time finding a rabbi in Playa del Carmen who would perform a mixed wedding ceremony (I'm catholic). We were not only relieved to find Rabbi Steve, but so happy with the way he conducted the ceremony with the pastor. There were some hiccups, like the ocean creeping up to the chuppa and ruining his shiny shoes, but he made the best of it and made it into a ceremony that incorporated a little about my husband and I and made it very special. It was a bit challenging to communicate with him while he was moving to Mexico from the States, but we had one or two video conferences with him through Skype while planning and met with him in person the day before the wedding. Our rehearsal almost became a disaster since we couldn't use the venue, but Rabbi Steve pulled it together in the street in front of the hotel! I'd definitely recommend working with Rabbi Steve as he is easy to work with, very personable, and dependable.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2017

0.4

Very very disappointing.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2016

0.4
      0.5

My fiance and I hired Rabbi Steve to officiate our wedding ceremony. Our families met with him in advance to get to know each other and we completed a long questionnaire so Rabbi Steve could familiarize himself with our childhood memories and traditions. My father tragically and suddenly passed away 2 months before our scheduled wedding. We had to cancel the Mexico wedding and schedule something in our hometown as it was too soon for our family and us to get on a plane a travel to a destination wedding while mourning the death of my father. After no response to not 1 but 2 emails sent to Rabbi Steve we now know he is not refunding our initial deposit. His role was less than an hour on our wedding day and I would like to point out that we are not a bride and groom that had cold feet or changed our minds rather we suffered an unthinkable loss. I highly recommend AGAINST hiring Rabbi Steve as no "man of G-D" that I know would keep funds under these circumstances.

Sent on 08/25/2016

0.0

My Fiance & I Booked Rabbi Stephen Spiegel in having him Officiate our wedding. We went on a leap of faith and trusted Rabbi Stephen, as we are not residents in Mexico and we live in the states. We had given Rabbi Stephen a deposit of $600 in a bank transfer a year ago to hold our wedding date. As of now Rabbi Stephen is no where to be found along with his wife Annette, and the two of them have failed to contact us. We have now contacted him numerous times over emails, along with phone calls and he has not had the curtsy to contact either one of us back. We are both very upset and shocked that coming from a man of god he can take a couples hard working money they had saved up for one of the most memorable days of their life. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BOOKING RABBI STEPHEN SPIEGAL as he is a FRAUD & SCAM! Very very disappointing.

Sent on 03/31/2017