Metamora Fields Golf Club Reviews

56 | Metamora, IL

56 Reviews for Metamora Fields Golf Club

Jayma · Married on 05/30/2015

I feel so privileged to have had my wedding at Metamora Fields. I knew the moment I walked through the doors on my first visit to the venue that it was 'the one'. Elegant decor that is not stuffy and the ballroom with all it's natural light is just breathtaking. And then you meet Lisa and just know that the upcoming year of stressful planning is going to be made almost effortless because of her professionalism and attention to detail. I have to echo another review and say that I also was supposed to have my ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors, but it rained the entire day of my wedding. The transition to an indoor ceremony was seamless because of Lisa and her staff. Wonderful food and even better Fields sangria. We chose buffet after tasting the pot roast at their Taste and Toast event...so good. No venue does it better!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Chelsey · Married on 04/25/2015

Picking April 25th, 2015 as our wedding date was an easy decision. We knew there was a chance being April that it could rain that day, that was why picking Metamora Field's as our venue was an even easier decision! I am so thankful that we did too, because it did in fact end up raining that day. Lisa Miller made it the smoothest transition from an outdoor wedding to an indoor wedding with less than 24 hour notification, and it couldn't have turned out more perfect. The ballroom looked wonderful and even with it being a gloomy day outside the colors in the room still made it bright! The staff was excellent. I have waitressed myself and it is not an easy job but they did great! The food was delicious, (I suggest the Italian crusted chicken breast) not one person had a complaint about their food selection! Metamora Field's even held a dinner tasting for all the 2015 brides, grooms, and guest so they could try out their food selections! They were even so kind as to set up our table how it was described to be decorated the wedding day! Such a great little touch! They had all kinds of different wedding vendors there with samples which made it nice to give everyone ideas for the wedding! They did an excellent job! There is not one thing I would change about my selection. We even hosted my bridal shower, and baby shower there!

Sent on 05/05/2015

We had our daughters reception at Metamora Fields in october. We couldn't have been happier. The staff was great and the food was excellent. It's a beautiful venue and Lisa was very helpful and fun to work with. Highly recommend this place. Its also a beautiful setting if you would like to have your wedding their as well.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Jordan · Married on 08/16/2014

We recently had our wedding reception here, and this was the best decision that we ever made! Not only is Metamora Fields absolutely BEAUTIFUL, but all of the staff and event coordinators are unbelievably accommodating! Not only would they listen and try to give us exactly what we wanted they went ABOVE and beyond surpassing our expectations with their kind words, and helpful hands. One of many examples is that my bustle broke on the way to the reception and they searched for anything to help me fix it:) I HIGHLY recommend having any event at Metamora Fields. The venue is beautiful, unbelievably clean, and the staff are incredibly friendly!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Caitlin · Married on 06/28/2014

Breathtaking. One look at their space and you will fall in love! The event staff were phenomenal and always made sure we had what we needed! The bartender worked very well with my parents and our wedding planner! The event manager made sure I got what I wanted! If I could have a wedding every weekend there, I would! I will definitely be back for lunch and brunch!!

Sent on 07/04/2014

The Fields is an amazing place to have a wedding reception. Their staff was phenomenal, and we have nothing but good things to say about this venue. There's an outside balcony attached to the main banquet room which was awesome for a summer wedding with a beautiful view of the golf course. The food was delicious, and everything was prepared perfectly. Our guests were commenting on our wedding for weeks afterwards and said how much they enjoyed the reception and food. The room is perfectly set-up too! I would recommend this venue to anyone! It's was a huge relief to avoid any stress with the venue because the Fields did such a great job!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Allison · Married on 05/17/2014

Metamora Fields was the perfect venue for our ceremony and reception! From the outside ceremony lawn to the ballroom with its beautiful chandeliers and windows, this venue is gorgeous. The service was excellent as well! We were so impressed with staff and their courteous and professional demeanor. We received so many compliments on the food! It was delicious and served in a very timely, organized manner. Lisa was our event manager and we can't thank her enough! She is so kind, helpful, professional and organized. It was obvious that she and all of her staff were committed to making sure our day was perfect.. and it was beyond perfect! We loved everything about Metamora Fields! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/18/2014

The staff was amazing, all the way from the planning and meal selection to wait and bar staff. The food tasted so good and all the guests were raving.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/26/2013

There is not one bad thing to say about this venue! I worked with several different staff members for my wedding, and they were all so helpful and friendly. The location is perfect, the food is delicious, and the room was absolutely breathtaking. I can't say enough good things about Metamora Fields, and would recommend them to anyone for any event!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Katie · Married on 10/12/2013

Metamora Fields is just gorgeous!!!

When looking for venues for our wedding reception, I knew I didn't want your standard ball room and heard that Metamora Fields was a nice place. Right when I walked in, I knew this was the place I wanted to have our reception.

Metamora's staff was so great to work with and really helped answer questions and make the planning process easier. We always felt like we were a priority to them and it showed come wedding day!

Thanks again!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Brenda · Married on 09/08/2013

Metamora Fields was very attentive to all of the details of my daughter's wedding. Our coordinator Matt was very prompt with responses to our questions and made it overall an experience without any glitches. All staff was courteous and accommodating with our requests. It was a very positive experience. I will certainly recommend them in the future.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Cheryl · Married on 08/24/2013

Our experience at the Fields for our daughters wedding was wonderful. Lisa the coordinator is friendly and helpful. I feel like I made a new friend! The atmosphere is beautiful for a wedding and you really do not have to do a lot of decorating. The food was delicious and they have a nice variety of items to choose from. Very satisfied with their service.

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/03/2013

Everything about our experience with the Fields was WONDERFUL! Lisa was so easy to work with and was very detailed oriented. She was easy to get in contact with and was quick to reply to questions and concerns. She went above and beyond to meet our wants and needs and made sure that the day went off without a glitch. She came up with ideas to make our day personal and special.

The food and service was wonderful! The food came out quickly for everyone and was fantastic quality. The staff was great and made sure to be available but invisible.

The atmosphere and look of the venue was what brought us to the Fields but Lisa and rest of the staff are what really made the day so fantastic. We got so many great comments from our guests about how wonderful the food was, how beautiful the venue was and how great of a time they had. People are still commenting on it 2 months later! I would definitely recommend Metamora Fields!

Trudy · Married on 08/03/2013

The fields was a beautiful place for my daughter's wedding reception. From the wedding pictures on the property to the banquet room, food and service, to the balcony to enjoy the sunset, we were pleased from beginning to end.
    Working with Lisa and her staff was easy and convenient. Once we arrived at the event, her staff took care of everything and it flowed easily throughout the evening.
    We served a plated meal and it was steaming when they removed the covers. Every table had food in a very short period.
    We also loved the easy access to parking and to the upstairs ballroom via stairs or elevator. The staff even carried up the wedding gifts for the guests if they desired
    I would recommend this venue for all your special events.

Natalie · Married on 08/02/2013

Choosing Metamora Fields for my reception was one of the best decisions during wedding planning. They were very professional, easy to work with, and the food was great! The reception hall is absolutely beautiful and did not need much decoration to make the reception look pretty!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Teresa · Married on 06/29/2013

Everything about our day was absolutely perfect because of the hard work and dedication of Lisa and her staff. Not only was she responsive to things we needed prior to our wedding day but on our actual day, she and her staff went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding ceremony and reception went smoothly.
    It was raining the entire day of our wedding, up until the time of the ceremony. Once it stopped raining and we discovered that the forecast was clearing, Lisa and staff alerted our guests that we would be having the ceremony outside and they quickly and efficiently wiped down all of the chairs for guests to be seated on. It was amazing to see the hard work they put forth and to see how much they truly cared about our special day.
    Also, the scenery at Metamora Fields is simply breathtaking. Our pictures were stunning! I would highly reccommend this venue to anyone who is looking for that perfect place to either get married or have a reception.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Brooke · Married on 05/26/2013

Metamora Fields was above and beyond what I had hoped for my wedding reception venue! The place is beautiful....people still comment to me about how fabulous it was! Lisa and the staff there were fantastic to work with. When I booked the venue I was living in Florida. And when I moved back to IL, I did not live all that close. The staff was flexible with times to meet with my husband and I. They were absolutely professional and made our special day perfect!

The food was AMAZING! We served three different options and heard nothing but wonderful comments on the food. When we went to do the tasting we unexpectedly needed to bring my 6 year old niece. They whipped up options of the children's meals for her taste test as well!

I was never worried that something would not be taken care of or that a detail would go overlooked. The MFGC staff are fantastic! If you choose to have your event here....you will NOT be disappointed. If I could do it all over again, I would not even look at another venue!

Thanks MFGC!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 11/10/2012

When my husband and I both walked into Metamora Fields we fell in love with the look of the venue, and to top it off the staff was above and beyond amazing. We started working with Shay, who explained how everything worked, and responded quick to e-mails. Within the middle of our planning, we found out that Shay left, and were then appointed to Matt Rogers. Matt was also really responsive, and helped us stay on track. He also called very once in awhile to make sure everything was running smooth and if we had any questions. Since, we are both from different cultures, Metamora Fields was able to accommodate are different food choices, in which we were able to have a station type of wedding.
    The day of our wedding ran very smooth and without any problems. The stations turned out amazing and the food was phenomenal. They had our room layed out how we wanted it, and were helpful to all of our other vendors. Matt and the staff at Metamora Fields were very friendly to all of our guests and helped provide any assistance or questions that may have come up though out the evening. I would highly recommend Metamora Fields to any bride or groom who may be looking within the Central Illinois area.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Laura · Married on 09/15/2012

I can't say enough good things about Metamora Fields. The venue is gorgeous, the food is the best in the area, and the staff is absolutely amazing and unbelieveable accomodating. The best venue for receptions in the area.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Jennifer · Married on 12/17/2016

We couldn't have been happier with how my daughter's wedding reception turned out. Lisa and her entire staff were so helpful and kind! Everything ran very smoothly and on time and was beautiful. We even ended up there for the rehearsal dinner on just 1-1/2 hour's notice when the original restaurant had a water line burst. I would absolutely recommend Metamora Fields for any event.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/29/2016

We had our July 29 wedding at Metamora Fields and can't rave enough about the venue. Lisa Miller, the events director, is willing to work closely with you to make sure that everything runs smoothly. We exchanged multiple emails, had several meetings, and attended the tasting in February to make sure that everything was what we wanted and ran correctly. The day was amazing and the atmosphere created in the ballroom was beautiful and fun. There wasn't much need for many additional decorations because of the great area in there already. We got some fantastic outdoor pictures with the golf course as the back drop. It will be a day that we will always remember due in a large part to the efforts of Lisa and the gorgeousness of the venue.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Kelsi · Married on 05/27/2017

We LOVED having our wedding reception here! It was absolutely beautiful and the staff was wonderful to work with! The whole evening was completely flawless due to the organization and preparedness of Metamora Fields. They think of every everything! It was a little pricey with meals, appetizers, and drinks, but it was well worth it!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Megan · Married on 11/26/2016

Right after we got engaged, I spoke with Matt who told us Metamora Fields had a $10,000 food and drink minimum. That sounded insane, so I told him "no thank you". However, after attending a few bridal shows, checking out other venues, and roughing out our guest list, I realized we were probably going to spend $10,000 anywhere. Matt called me back to follow up (very impressed with that!) and I agreed to go take a tour.
    Metamora Fields is an absolutely beautiful venue--great space and amazing views. They were so, so flexible in helping us build our bar and food menu. They accommodated some vegans, gluten free people, a keg we brought in from another state, etc. Matt was very responsive and knowledgeable--he was kind of a wedding planner. The staff the day of were very efficient and professional. Can't say enough good things about Matt or the Venue.
    Our guests LOVED the food. I would definitely recommend their cocktail hour food. However, we paid $200 for late night pizza and they brought out like 4 large pizzas, randomly, and the only people who ate them were the back tables who saw them being brought in. Wouldn't do the late night snack again--silly to pay $50/pizza!
    We were luckily able to get in Friday morning to decorate. Metamora only guarantees you can get in the morning of your wedding--we would have had to hire a lot of help if we couldn't have decorated until Saturday morning. That was my only stressor leading up to the wedding--we didn't know until two weeks before the day when we could get in. That would probably be a bigger issue for summer weddings, when they are busier. Also, we hired a shuttle to take guests to and from the wedding, because the venue is about 20 minutes on dark country roads from Peoria, which is where our guests were staying.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Haley · Married on 06/27/2015

Metamora Fields was absolutely amazing to work with! From the moment we visited the venue as our potential wedding location we were absolutely blown away! The building and grounds are beyond beautiful and Lisa Miller, events coordinator, was so nice and easy to work with! We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all at MFGC and we cannot thank them enough for providing us with our dream wedding!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

The only reason I did not give a complete 5 star review is because we were rushed by the staff to finish our couple session because we were almost late for the meal to be served. I would have rather made my guests wait 10-15 minutes and had the opportunity to get more photos with my husband and I, but we weren't given a choice. This is frustrating looking back because the pictures are the part we get to hold on to forever.

Sent on 10/16/2014