Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography Reviews

44 | St Thomas, VI

44 Reviews for Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography

44 Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography Reviews
  • User4697835 ·

Rebecca was a very talented a flexible photographer! Our venue ended up having some less-than-picturesque background possibilities and you can't even tell in the photographs. She really used a professional eye to make us look our best and to make the wedding site shine, despite difficulties. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I enjoyed working with you two on your special day!

Brittany · Married on 05/13/2018

Rebecca was seriously amazing!! I met her in the middle of the street 15 minutes before my wedding was supposed to begin, as I was internally freaking out over the last minute change in location. She had such a positive attitude and assured me that everything happens for a reason and that it was going to be beautiful, and it was! She was so fun and made us so comfortable. Neither of us are great at having pictures taken of ourselves, but she made us feel like we were models. She took us on an adventure and went to several different locations with us to get some great shots. It’s very clear that she loves her job. She gets really excited about the shots she’s taking, and it’s really cool to watch her work. She’s a perfect combination of fun, hilarious, and professional. I would 100% recommend her to anyone.

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2016

Rebecca was absolutely wonder to work with! She literally jumped right into the water with is to get the perfect shot! She paid very close attention to detail when she was taking our pictures and worked very hard! I am SO pleased with all of our pictures! I would recommend Rebecca to everyone looking for a photographer in St Thomas.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Ashely your vow renewal was one I am going to remember!! Cute kiddos that stole my heart, beautiful bouquet, so much love, and the amazing adventurous attitude you and Ryan share!! You two didn't even bat an eye when I said "Let's wade/rock climb out to the point. I promise it will be worth it!" Water past our knees getting splashed by waves you two were troopers! But the photos, they were worth every wave!! I left soaked and so excited to share your photos. So happy our paths crossed and I was able to capture those moments for you!

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2016

Rebecca did an amazing job and wasn't afraid to do whatever it took to get the best photos! She was amazing and very personable!

Christiana · Married on 10/03/2016

Rebecca is top notch. My husband and I had a vow renewal set up on St. Thomas. When we told Rebecca the importance of gathering every important moment - she went above and beyond.

Luz · Married on 09/16/2016

If you want to have a good time and be given the opportunity to have fantastic perfect wedding pictures then I recommend Rebecca. She's professional, has an eye for beautiful settings, great personality and you are comfortable with her the minute you start working with her, a trust is established and you get a sense that she knows exactly what you are asking for. Couldn't ask for better!

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a kind review, Luz! Working with you and Rich on such a special day was a joy! The love you two share runs deep. I enjoyed meeting the two of you and capturing your love!
  • Q

Quita · Married on 09/01/2016

Rebecca did and in standing job she was very kind very sweet and she was able to take direction well. Any photos that I wanted it she made sure to take along with taking the traditional wedding photos that every woman wants. I really enjoyed working with her and definitely would again I would recommend her to any bread that would want a person to take all the photos that you need who is respectful and efficient and gets the job done

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Marquita, it was truly a pleasure to meet you and capture such special moments on your wedding day. The love that you and John share brought tears to my eyes many times during our time together. The joy and love your whole group shared was uplifting to be around. Wishing you two all the best!

John · Married on 08/10/2016

We worked with Rebecca over the summer of this year when my wife and I renewed our vows on St. Thomas. Rebecca was a dream to work with. She was so professional, patient wonderful to work with while photographing our little family. I would highly recommend her services.

Valerie · Married on 07/19/2016

Rebecca did our destination wedding in St Thomas. We were coming from a cruise ship to get married and I was so pleased with the service I received through Weddings the Island Way where is how we got to work with Rebecca. She accommodated my wants and special poses I wanted on the island. I just sent pictures before hand. She was fantastic with keeping my sweaty husband looking good through the hot summer morning. I would definitely recommend her. My pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Your wedding was gorgeous Valerie! Working with you and Michael was a blast! The love on the beach that day was something special. Thank you for such kind words!

Jen · Married on 06/27/2016

Rebecca is amazing! Our pictures came out amazing!

Lisa · Married on 06/10/2016

She is the BEST!!!! By far, I would Book Rebecca over anyone else on the Island!!!

Marian · Married on 05/18/2016

She went above and beyond what she was paid to do! That was the best day ever and she was a big part of that!

amy · Married on 04/16/2016

Rebecca was the best photographer for our wedding day on St John, USVI! She's very polite, creative and our pictures are amazing! Even the random pictures of the day were great! I highly recommend Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography for any event!

Amy Rascher

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Amy, it was so much fun working with you and Paul on your wedding day!! Our time together in the ruins was picture perfect and you were a gorgeous bride!! Wishing you two happiness for all of your days!

Jane · Married on 02/24/2016

Rebecca captured our special moments from the first to the last photos. We wanted our photos to be very natural and not posed. She made suggestions that worked for us. Rebecca has the ability to get to know the personality just moments after she meets you which makes for great photos. I highly recommend her.

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Jane!! You and Patrick are two really good souls. I am so glad that you two met and that your journey sent you to St. Thomas where we got to meet!! Capturing your love was a pleasure!

Ralph · Married on 02/16/2016

We had our destination wedding last February. Rebecca was our photographer. Her personal touch made the event very special. We were excited anyway and her "professional warmth" (I know that sounds like an oxymoron) was amazing. What made it all come together were the array of photographs at the end. We couldn't be happier. How wonderful to relive this special moment in time forever.

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Ralph, working with you and Candy was a joy!! You two were completely overjoyed to become husband and wife. It was a pleasure to capture these special moments on your wedding day and to hear your love story!

Tiarra · Married on 11/11/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography was great! She was very personable and got all of the shots we wanted, and then some. We were an hour late due to the time difference from our cruise ship to the island and she was still super sweet. I would recommend her to any couple looking for the perfect way to capture their special day.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you for the review Tiarra! Capturing your wedding day was something special! Your dad is so funny and I love how excited everyone was for you two to tie the knot! Wishing you two all the best!!

Rebecca was personal, professional and fun to work with. She captured great pictures of our beach wedding. The pictures arrived promptly and there were so many that we had trouble narrowing down the the final list. Rebecca is great!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Such a wonderful review. Thank you for these kind words. I had a lot of fun working with you two on your wedding day. The light when we were shooting on the point was magical and made for some beautiful photographs. I love hearing that you had so many favorites, it makes my heart happy. Wishing you two many blessings.

Henry · Married on 10/10/2015

Wonderful experience. Great people to work with. She got excellent photographs for us

Sent on 11/16/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review Henry! It was such a pleasure working with you and Theresa on your wedding day! The joy that you two expressed while saying your vows and the smiles on your faces once you became husband and wife was so special!

Marcella · Married on 08/18/2015

Very professional
    willing to work with any photo ideas and provides suggestions if you have no idea what you want.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you Marcella, I loved working with you and Thomas on your wedding day! The love you two share was so apparent and abuntant. You both are just lovely and were a lot of fun to photograph. Wishing you both all the best!

Daryl Ann · Married on 08/04/2015

Rebecca was very flexible and worked to take pictures that were complimentary to us. She would be very open to your specific requests if you have any. We are enjoying looking back at the pictures and reliving the day. She captured so many happy moments.

Adam · Married on 07/31/2015

Rebecca captured our special day in a way only a true professional could; so many great moments that will be with us for the rest of out lives thanks to her! My wife considered pictures to be the single most important part of the day's expenses, and we could not be happier with the results. The day of the wedding she could not have made us more comfortable with being the center of attention. If you are looking for a photographer you just found her :)

Jamie · Married on 07/22/2015

I used Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography for my wedding @ Secret Harbour Resort on St. Thomas on 7/22/15. I worked with Weddings the Island Way to plan my wedding and they suggested and booked Rebecca for me.

As you can imagine, pictures are a pretty important part of your wedding day and booking someone from hundreds of miles away you've never met or worked with can be pretty nerve wracking. I chose Rebecca after viewing some of her work online and due to rave reviews from the staff at weddings. I honestly couldn't be happier with my decision.

I met Rebecca the day of the wedding when she showed up to my hotel room right on time. She was SO easy to work with. We basically did a 5 minute debrief of what kind of photos I wanted and what was most important to me, and she was off to work! I told her my ideas for first look, group photos, etc and she made it all happen. We had a fairly large destination wedding (50 people total including us) and I had mentioned that I did not want to waste too much time post ceremony doing posed group photos. Rebecca was great getting everyone organized and getting my group photos done in a very timely manner so we could get to partying at the reception (imagine trying to get 50 people to smile, look the same way and be visible in the photo, seems impossible!).

In the end, I couldn't be more thrilled with the results of my pictures...they really are stunning and an absolutely beautiful way to commemorate the best day of my life. We already have tons of them hung around our house and have canvas'd some of the more artsy shots to display in our main living areas. I have received so many compliments on the Facebook album and many of my family/friends have requested prints for themselves.

Thank you SO much Rebecca for the beautiful pictures! Can't wait to visit St. Thomas again soon and hopefully do some anniversary photos with you!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Jamie!!! Thank you for the wonderful review!!! I loved working with you and Nick on your wedding day. You were both so laid back and easy to work with you made my job easy. I love that you have displayed photos around your home from your wedding day that warms my heart. I hope to see you both in the future to celebrate your marriage!!

Loni · Married on 06/29/2015

Mermaid Rebbecca Ruth was a our photographer for our destination wedding St Thomas, and we were unbelievably happy with our experience with her and our pictures!!! We contracted thru Weddings The Island Way, who had Rebecca shoot our wedding. We weren't sure how the photos would turn out due to not knowing any reviews or having any referrals, and we're a little nervous as to what we would get. Turns out we didn't have to worry at all, bc our photos turned out FANTASTIC!!! And Rebecca had tons of great ideas, was taking pix during our ceremony and didn't even realize she was getting some of the shots that she did. Rebecca was extremely easy and fun to work with, laid back, and had our pictures to us in the estimated amount of time. We couldn't have had a better experience, we are so happy with our photos, and would absolutely recommend Rebecca hands down !!! She is by far the best!!!! Excellent work and completely affordable!!!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Loni, thank you for such a wonderful review! I loved working with you three on your wedding day. You were all so wonderfully willing to try new things and roll with me when I asked you to do something. I know this upcoming year will bring you all new and fun adventures and I cannot wait for you all to come back and visit soon!!

Ti Lynn · Married on 05/29/2015

Rebecca did an amazing job on our weeding photos. Rebecca is very passionate about what she does, and goes above and beyond to learn your personality, and then having the ability to let it show through your photos. Rebecca can take a small flower and create it into something that you could remember and cherish for a life time. I appreciate her for taking great care to make sure that our special day was just as special to her as it was to us. Because of her I have the most beautiful memories of my wedding day that will last a lifetime. Thank you again Rebecca! ~ Ti Lynn & Jason Price

Sent on 06/22/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Ti Lynn thank you for such a sweet review! I appreciate all of your kind words. Working with you and Jason on your wedding day was so much fun! You two were down to try anything and trusted me and allowed me to be creative. Thank you! I loved how your photos turned out and I am so happy that you are cherishing them! All the best and wishing you two love and happiness!

Rebecca was AMAZING especially for 2 photophobes such as us! We were hoping to get at least one really nice picture and ended up buying LOTS!! She was creative, professional, very prompt in turning our proofs around and enabled us to have many beautiful memories (captured on film) of our amazing day!! Pictures were great quality and very reasonable. I would highly recommend her and really enjoyed how easy she made the whole experience!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you so very much for the review!! I truly enjoyed working with you two on your wedding day. You both put a smile on my face and I am so thankful to have been there documenting your love.