Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites Reviews

41 | Saint Paul, MN

41 Reviews for Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites 1
Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites 2
Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites 3
Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites 4

R · Married on 01/09/2010

Working with The Mermaid and Carol Back in particular was one of my greatest experiences while planning my wedding. She was not the first planner that we met with or signed on with at The Mermaid, but stayed with us through the year and our event. Carol is excellent at her job, and really made us feel like The Mermaid wanted our business. They made certain exceptions to their rules and helped us in more ways then I thought a reception hall ever would. For example, when our church would not allow us to get in until 1 hour before the ceremony, The Mermaid offered us two rooms to get ready in so that we could just leave our stuff and cars at the site and get them once we were done getting married - two rooms for only $100 rented from 6am-9pm! This saved us tons of stress moving people around, we were able to have our transportation pick us up at The Mermaid before the wedding and then return there after - no cars to shuffle, no bags to haul. It was wonderful. The Mermaid was our favorite vendor by far and we would love to work with them again. As far as the catering, the food was from what I hear, some of the best the guests had ever had at a wedding. I didn't get to eat a whole lot, but from what I tasted at the wedding and tasting, I knew it was good! Kudos to the whole Mermaid team, each person did a wonderful job at helping us get through the wedding day without any snags. A++++

Sent on 02/16/2010

Sara · Married on 10/09/2009

We worked with Carol at the Mermaid. I think she was our top favorite person to work with through the entire planning process. Carol helped us understand things were didn't think we would ever comprehend. We had our wedding on a Friday night and saved lots of $$. Carol did a WONDERFUL job walking us through every detail, and still there were times I was confused or couldn't visualize the setup. I knew we were doing something a little non-traditional having the ceremony and reception at the same place, but having our guest sit at tables. When I came into the tent on rehearsal night, I was blown away!!!! Carol did an EXCELLENT job putting things together!

The day of our wedding, she was there and was able to help with any last minute details. She even held the door as I walked into the tent for the first time. The food portions at the Mermaid were ridiculously large. My husband and I til this day are sad we couldn't eat any of it (who eats on your wedding day, I thought it was a myth, but we seriously couldn't).

The hotel room was great and we appreciated the bottle of champagne and card left for us from Carol.

I have to give the Mermaid 5 stars, because our ceremony, reception, rehersal, hotel room, guest rooms, food, and staff were amazing!! There was one thing out of anyone's control. Who would have thought that the first snow fall would come on our wedding night, 10/09/2009, which meant it was pretty chilly!

Sent on 08/10/2010

SARAH · Married on 05/02/2009

We had our reception at the Mermaid, Coral Bay Ballroom. It was absolutely beautiful. The food was tasty, and the facility was supurb. The staff at the Mermaid was always helpful and listened to our needs and wishes. They worked with us to make our day special, one we will always remember.

Sent on 05/09/2009

Sondra · Married on 07/25/2008

Everything I ever dreamed about! My wedding was so amazing you can pick from 3 different room to hold your wedding I did my ceremony and reception in the same room. There food was awesome, service was good, my wedding coridnator there was so helpful, she stayed until she knew everything was going perfect! I couldnt have asked for a better wedding!

Sent on 08/13/2008

Desiree · Married on 06/28/2008

With the wedding package they have, it made planning my reception effortless. The staff was professional and attended to all my needs.

Sent on 10/17/2008
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/14/2013

The Mermaid was a great place to host a wedding reception. We did majority of our work with Carol Aune and she was amazing. She was quick to answer any of our questions and we really enjoyed working with her.

The venue itself is great. It was important to us that we had a hotel connected and having the AmericInn attached was perfect. We had our reception in the Atlantis Ballroom which in my eyes is the best of the 3 areas. It's not your typical ballroom and it's not a tent. The Mermaid staff did a fantastic job of getting all of our decor set up and we were really pleased.

The only thing I could say that was "disappointing" was that we ordered whipped potatoes with butter, but they served garlic mashed. It was actually quite tasty, but not what we had ordered. To be honest, the fact that the only thing I can complain about is the potato screw-up means that this place is amazing!

If you're looking for a good value, convenient location, and outstanding service...then The Mermaid is your place!

-Dani and Steve

Sent on 09/25/2013
  • cordelia

Emily · Married on 06/25/2010

We had our reception in the Coral Bay Ballroom. The room looked beautiful with their black table cloths and purple fabric napkins. We were able to choose black or white cloths and napkin color to match our wedding colors. Since we got married on a Friday, they threw in a lot of things for free like a champagne toast and mirror tiles on every table, as well as upgrading from white table cloths to black ones (usually 3 dollars a table) The cake cutting fee and split plate fee were also waved... Getting married on a Friday definitely has its perks :)

Sent on 07/07/2010

Crystal · Married on 06/06/2009

The Mermaid was great! They did all the decorating, catering and bar tending

Sent on 06/23/2009

Abbie · Married on 01/03/2015

The staff here was so helpful! They were always quick to answer questions and they were very friendly.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Amber · Married on 01/24/2009

From the very first interaction, I was very impressed. I mostly dealt with just Natallia and she was very good. Prompt to respond to any questions I had via e-mail or phone. She would always clarify everything and never assumed a thing.

They gave us girls the hospitality suite to get ready in for a measly $25 clean-up fee!! The room was large enough for me, my 3 BM’s and my mom to get ready in, get our hair and make-up done in. It worked very well!

They gave Russ and I a BEAUTIFUL bridal suite for FREE for the night of the reception. It was huge and gorgeous and had a fireplace and Jacuzzi tub.

The food was delicious and we received many compliments on the meal…especially from parents whose children ate the delicious kids meals consisting of chicken fingers, french fries and apple sauce. The hors d’ oeuvres we selected were rampaged, so they must have been good (didn’t even get a chance to try them).

A LOT of people asked us on multiple occasions how we stumbled upon this venue because they loved it. Several people even mentioned loved ones that they knew were getting married and how they were going to recommend the Mermaid to them.

We also hosted our rehearsal dinner here. There was no room rental or minimum for the RD, which was nice. We took the opportunity to do something a little more fun and got their “Stadium Buffet” which was grilled chicken breasts, brats and hamburgers. It also came with potato salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob, all the fixings for the burgers, coffee, tea and cookies. It was wonderful! The meal was very “us”.

Sent on 02/24/2009

Michelle · Married on 09/14/2013

My husband and I had such a great experience having our reception at The Mermaid. It was in the Coral Bay Ballroom. I was looking at another venue that nickel and dimed you for every little thing (plates, silverware, EVERYTHING). The Mermaid proved to be the best choice! They decorate for you! That was huge for me, I didn't have time to decorate. The food was great, the people we worked with were amazing, and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful spot to have our reception! Our friends and family were telling us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! :-)

Sent on 09/23/2013

Jenny · Married on 09/23/2017

This place had it all ! It had tje holet,ceromney, and reception.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Gina · Married on 09/22/2017

I got married at The Mermaid Sept 22nd, 2017. And the only reason there are not 5 stars across the board is because of some hotel issues I had. But other than that, EVERYTHING else was amazing! From the bartender to the food but most of all Carol, our coordinator at the Mermaid was awesome. I had some special requests that were very important to me, that she made happen! She was nice from the beginning to the end. A few weeks after i decided I wanted the venue, my father passed away, which effected some of my finances and plans. She worked with me and still made sure I got everything I wanted for my spacial day! I Iove when i go somewhere and you can tell when people take their job seriously and that they are good at it and love it, Carol definitely shows that and so much more! Someone give this woman a raise!

Sent on 10/09/2017

The set up was amazing and everyone had a good time! Food was delicious!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Ann · Married on 10/18/2008

4.2

Our reception was amazing. We got a ton of complaments on the food, the room looked beautilful, the bathrooms were nice. I definataly recommed this venue.

Sent on 11/03/2008

Taylor · Married on 09/10/2016

3.8
      2.5

They made planning easy, but dinner was served VERY late which pushed everything else back for our night. But in the end, we had a great day!

Sent on 09/28/2016