About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist Reviews

214 Reviews for About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2012

Meredith was such a pleasure to work with!Everyone looked beautiful! She was so pleasant and easy going. Each one of my girls told her what that wanted and she did an amazing job, some of the girls even said I don't know what I want just do your thing and of course they were beautiful. She even put a little blush and lip gloss on the flower girls to make them feel fancy.

Thank you for making everyone Gorgeous for my wedding.

Sent on 03/31/2012

Words cannot express how glad I am that I had Meredith do my make-up for my wedding day.
    Despite the chaos of the morning with all the photographers and people around, Meredith kept the chaos away from me, found a quiet spot and did her magic. I was having terrible early morning sickness and felt like I looked green around the gills, but you would never know it from the wedding pictures. She did such beautiful work on my mom and sister and daughter as well. Most especially, Meredith used her magic on one of my bridesmaids who had lost her hair, lashes and brows due to chemo. She transformed my friend and no one at the wedding knew she was sick. My friend looked so beautiful and danced the night away. Her friends told me later how much fun she had and how great she felt, and how much she loved her makeup. What Meredith did for her meant the world to me.
    I would definitely recommend Meredith to anyone who wanted to look their best on their special day. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is an amazing person as well.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Lori · Married on 12/03/2011

If you are looking for a great makeup artist that truly understands what you want, and can help you stay calm on your wedding day, look no further. Meredith did a fantastic job on makeup for myself, my mother, 7 bridesmaids, and my mother in law, all by herself, and finished a little early! Our makeup was flawless all day and everyone received many compliments. The pictures that people took came out great too. Also, Meredith was able to be a calming influence and keep the jitters to a minimum. During the time leading up to my wedding she was always available to discuss options and help me plan how the day would go.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Georgia · Married on 11/20/2011

Meredith is a talented artist. I was so lucky to have her on my special day! She is professional, sweet, and made me feel so comfortable on my wedding day. She made me look amazing!! I would recommend Meredith to everyone!!

Sent on 03/25/2012

Toniann · Married on 11/11/2011

Meredith was perfect from the first day I met her when I got my trial done! My makeup was perfect on my wedding day it stayed on for more then 8 hours I would recommend her to anyone that's getting married. Outstanding service, excellent work, and she is just overall amazing!

Sent on 12/17/2011

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2011

Meredith did an amazing job on me and all of my Bridesmaids - our makeup looked flawless all night long and the touch up kit was an extra special touch - I would definitely recommend her to every bride in the NY area!

She was really happy and calming on such an important day, and she gave us all tips for makeup application and touching up throughout the day - LOVED her!

Sent on 11/09/2011

Janine · Married on 10/29/2011

Meredith did an amazing job the day of my wedding! It was supposed to be a nice October fall day, but it wound up being cold and a blizzard!! She arrived at my house and her warm personality (plus her fun music she brought over) definitely calmed my nerves. At one point when I was told from my limo company that they could not provide me with the limo that I had wanted due to the bad weather, I started to get upset. Meredith said to let it out because she was still there and could touch up my makeup! She was extremely helpful and did an amazing job. My makeup lasted throughout the night (even with the tears) and came out beautiful in all of my photos. Meredith even gave me a little bag with all of the beauty essentials that I used throughout my day. I would highly recommend her to any bride out there!

Sent on 12/19/2011

Larissa · Married on 10/23/2011

Meredith did all the makeup for my bridesmaids, my mother and me at my wedding at the end of October at The Garrison. She is AMAZING. Several of my bridesmaids were concerned about getting their makeup done due to some bad experiences in the past and they stepped down from Meredith's chair glowing and smiling from ear to ear because they loved their makeup so much. She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day and we all looked perfect in our pictures. I highly recommend Meredith-she truly is the best of the best at what she does and above all she is an absolute sweetheart and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/22/2011

One word : Amazing.

Meredith did my makeup for not only my engagement photos but my makeup as well as my bridesmaids and mother's makeup for my wedding. It was flawless. I was so impressed by her knowledge of skincare and beauty and really appreciated her attention to detail. She was really honest and listened to what I really wanted to achieve for my big day. I wish she could come and do my makeup everyday! If you are looking for a caring, attentive and extremely talented makeup artist, then Meredith is the choice for you. You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/04/2012
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 10/22/2011

Meredith came over right on time and did a wonderful job - I truly looked and felt beautiful and the makeup stayed on and she even gave me a touch of kit just in case - couldn't have been happier with her service!!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Marta · Married on 09/17/2011

Having Meredith do my makeup as well as my bridal party was great. It felt like she was one of the girls as we sat around the table talking and listening to music. She even made up our little flower girl. I loved Meredith from the day I met her for my trail and was even happier the day of the wedding. She was able to make all my girls happy and still have time for me :). I would highly recommend Meredith to any bride to be!! she makes the process so much easier and she made me feel beautiful on my day. I also love her goodie bag for all the things you will need throughout the night.

Sent on 10/03/2011

Noelle · Married on 08/27/2011

It was so great having Meredith, be a part of my special day. Her personality was very calming and fun to be around the morning of and she is wonderful at her job as a make up artist. She brings such a passion in her work, and she made me feel so confident, beautiful and happy on my wedding day.
    My make up lasted the entire day and night, and her thoughtful bridal safety kit was great to have on hand, to touch up during then night.
    Meredith really has an eye for what she does, and I would recommend her for make up for brides, bridesmaids and mothers. She was great to work with!!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Alison · Married on 08/20/2011

Meredith is FANTASTIC. For my wedding on August 20th, she did my makeup, my mom's, mother-in-law's, and three of my bridesmaids and we couldn't have been happier. Not only did our makeup come out perfectly, but her calming presence and upneat personality - along with a GREAT music playlist- made the getting ready process so much fun. She even had a "something blue" for me when mine went missing. I got a ton of compliments on my makeup, and it lasted through out the night. I can't stress enough how happy I was with Meredith's work!

Sent on 09/05/2011

Seema · Married on 07/23/2011

Meredith is fantastic! Thank you for the great job you did! My make-up stayed all day especially with the heat. Your a kind, warm, professional! I can't thank you enough. -Seema

Sent on 07/24/2011

Jeanmarie · Married on 07/16/2011

I am normally not big into writing reviews, but reviews are how I found Meredith, so I figured I would return the favor. First of all, I have to say, I am so happy that I found Meredith. She is AMAZING and does AMAZING work! Meredith is very flexible and is able to do many girls in a short amount of time, without anyone feeling rushed! She was able to do myself and 8 others with plenty of time to spare! Everyone looked stunning as well! When Meredith came to my house, she arrived on time and brought music to set the mood for the day! I loved having her at my house to do my makeup because she felt more like a friend than a make up artist. I received many compliments on how I looked that day and I have Meredith to thank for that! I feel you get a lot for your money with Meredith. She really gets to know you, makes you feel comfortable and does a fabulous job! I have already had my make up done by Meredith 3 times and I can tell you that any events coming up, Meredith will be doing my make up! Here's another point of how great she does make up, quite a few people asked me for her contact information after they saw my pictures! Many times when girls get their make up done, they look like they have a ton of make up, but not when Meredith does it. I loved that she plays up your features, rather than trying to make you look like someone you aren't! Even my husband and father loved my make up and they both hate make up! Thanks Meredith for making my day so special!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Beth Ann · Married on 06/03/2011

Meredith was one of the easiest vendor decisions I made. She comes highly recommended and for a good reason, she's the best! On a very hectic and extremely important day she was able to not only make the bridesmaids, mothers, and myself look beautiful but she did it quickly and efficiently. I was amazed at how fast she worked but also the quality of her work. I truly loved my wedding make-up and Meredith was on hand to make sure that it was perfect and exactly what I wanted. We couldn't have been more happy with her reliability, service, and quality. Thank you again Meredith!!!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Jen · Married on 05/22/2011

Meredith is a stellar make up artist. I came to her with a very specific look in mind & she aced it without a moment's hesitation. I highly recommend her to anyone (not just brides) in want of a bit a glamour for a special day.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Ashley · Married on 05/14/2011

Meredith is WONDERFUL! She was very accomodating and fit us in for a last-minute consultation on the only day my sister was in town. As soon as we met her, I knew that we’d be in good hands. She nailed the look that I wanted (not overdone at all), and we had a lovely time chatting with her for the afternoon. She also gave me some tips to get my winter-dry face moisturized by the wedding six weeks later.

On our wedding day, Meredith was ready at the venue when I arrived, and got right to work. I couldn’t be happier with the work that she did – I felt gorgeous all night long, and have the photos to prove it! Meredith also did a great job on my sister and both moms. She even cried with my mom when I got into my dress (and her trick for “catching” our tears was very useful). All in all, Meredith is a joy to work with and a great presence to have around you as you prepare for your wedding. I highly recommend her to other Hudson Valley brides!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Debra · event on 04/30/2011

Excellent Make Up Artist. I loved the way I looked in the photographs!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Connie · Married on 03/26/2011

Meredith did my make-up as well as my mother and sister for my wedding in March. She was great to work with from the trial to my wedding day. She brings a lot of great, fun energy as well as great experience. She made us all look our best! I'd highly recommend her for any special event you have!

Sent on 04/14/2011

Noraida · Married on 03/19/2011

Meredith Hayman was everything she promised to be and more! She was excellent and a joy to have around on the day of my wedding. She gave me and my bridal party some important tips to keep in mind and even provided us with a little kit of essential tools that was so handy and thoughtful. She is a master at her talent. She made me look naturally blush and glowy for all my pictures, just what I wanted. I look forward to someday working with her again!

Sent on 04/06/2011

Anne · Married on 12/11/2010

I found Meredith Hayman online and was VERY happy with her services. She is the most for the money of all the other makeup artists I found and she was so easy to work with in terms of scheduling and determing the best plan for the makeup for my bridal party and me. I wanted to look natural but glamorous and she worked with me to find the best combination which I was so happy with on my wedding day and in the photos. Meredith was also nice to have around on the wedding day - when things were a bit hectic, she was calm and stayed in the background yet kept us on schedule. I will recommend Meredith to all of my friends for any occasion.

Sent on 01/31/2011

Kristina · Married on 10/16/2010

Meredith did my makeup, as well as for my 7 bridesmaids, my mother and my mother-in-law for my October wedding. Everyone looked just beautiful and very natural (nothing looked artificial or overdone). Meredith knew how to bring out the best in each of us, and really listened to each girl regarding what they were envisioning. Everyone loved her. The makeup lasted throughout the reception and one extra word of advice- trust her on the individual eyelashes- they look so natural and awesome! The photos were incredible. Wish I had eyelashes like that everyday... Thanks Meredith!

Sent on 12/22/2010
  • Nadeige

Nadeige · Married on 10/08/2010

Not to brag but I was GORGEOUS on my wedding day thanks to Meredith! I felt so beautiful, confident and relaxed knowng my make-up was perfect. She gave me her honest opinion based on my skin when I was undecided between traditional and air brush. I did traditional and it stayed throught the entire day! I not only have a great make-up artist in my roster but also made a dear friend. I highly recommend Meredith for her professionalism, her talent and for being my 'calm' in the bridal suite! She also had tricks to fix unexpected accients (such as me dropping red ink all over my hands) and prep and make-up tips that I will take with me for a lifetime. She also sells lip gloss in case you forget yours! Thanks, Meredith!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Michelle · Married on 09/19/2010

Meredith is very patient and efficient. She did my makeup "the bride", entire bridal party of 7, plus mother of the bride, and an impromtu touch up for imperfections for the father and brother of the bride in 4 hours! She made everyone look good :)

Sent on 10/01/2010