Mercer Oaks Catering Reviews

50 | Princeton Junction, NJ

50 Reviews for Mercer Oaks Catering

Colleen · Married on 01/03/2014

WOW!! From the moment I called Mercer Oaks, the catering supervisor, Samantha was amazing!! She helped me plan the party, answered my questions, dealt with my craziness and really made my daughter's sweet 16 party a huge success!! Our event took place during a snow storm and the staff at Mercer Oaks had the place ready to go for 80 guests like it was a warm summer day! The grounds were nicely plowed and cleared, the restaurant was gorgeous and the food was fabulous!! Samantha arranged for everything and it was perfect!!! This is definitely a venue you need to consider for all of your parties! An absolute pleasure!!

Sent on 01/07/2014
  • F

Fatima · Married on 09/22/2013

I am incredibly happy with how everything turned out at Mercer Oaks. We arrived at Mercer Oaks a very happy newlywed couple and became extremely happy when we saw how beautifully everything had been set up. The food was amazing and there was ALOT of it. Everything was well organized and planned beautifully down to the last detail. Samantha, the wedding coordinator, was very attentive and helpful from day one, throughout the entire wedding planning process, to the very end of our wedding day! I felt at ease knowing that she would just take care of everything. Our guests were very happy with the food and the service and some even want to know what kind of coffee they serve! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/13/2013

I could not have been happier with Mercer Oaks as the location for my wedding ceremony and reception. Samantha was so easy to work with and was always available to answer any questions or address any concerns that we had. We kept hearing how amazing the food was, and it definitely lived up to our expectations. The venue was set up beautifully on our wedding day, and Samantha was calm and flexible considering that our ceremony was supposed to be outside and there were thunderstorms throughout the afternoon. We ended up having the ceremony inside, and even though it wasn’t planned that way, it was perfect. The reception was just as we imagined and it was truly the best day of our lives thanks to the staff and the beautiful venue. We really can’t say enough about Mercer Oaks and would recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Stefanie · Married on 05/24/2013

Mercer Oaks exceeded ALL of my expectations for the night. We have attended events there in the past but they blew all my previous experience with them out of the water. Samantha was wonderful to work with and just made magic happen that night for us. The food was amazing and we had multiple people compliment and rave about everything from the appetizers all the way through desert and the chocolate fountain. I can't thank them enough for all they've done for us. Thank you!!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Pamela · Married on 04/20/2013

We just had our wedding at Mercer Oaks last weekend (4/20/13). My husband and I fell in love with this site the first time we saw it. The grounds are beautiful, the ballroom elegant and tasteful. And Samantha is a pleasure to work with, always calm and confident and quick to answer our questions or concerns. We loved that everything was included in the price, no surprises regarding tip or tax, and the cake was included, too! And it was still cheaper than any other place we looked at, but you wouldn't know it from the quality you receive. Everyone at our wedding raved about the food and the excellent service.

We are so glad that we chose Mercer Oaks Catering for our wedding. It was a perfect day.

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • Alejandra

Alejandra · Married on 04/06/2013

The staff at Mercer Oaks was amazing! I worked with Samantha, the event coordinator since I first looked into booking Mercer Oaks and she was always available for me, quick to answer all of my questions and extremely friendly and professional. I could not be any happier with the way everything turned out! The food was so good, the staff was great and my husband and I were even assigned one specific person, Krista, to care for us the whole night and make sure we had enough food and drink! Cocktail hour and dinner went very smoothly and Samantha made sure all of our events during the reception went smoothly as well. I am extremely happy with everything and I could reccommend Mercer Oaks to everyone!!!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2012

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Mercer Oaks on November 3, 2012 - right after Hurricane Sandy. All I can say is that the team at Mercer Oaks was incredible from start to finish. Considering that many couples had to cancel their wedding, we got very lucky BUT Samantha (wedding coordinator) kept us up to date on the status of power, etc. and even though our final deposit was due on the day Sandy hit, we were able to give her the check the day of the reception as we had so many last minute cancelations - up until the night before the reception! During and after the reception, a multitude of guests came up to us saying how amazing the food was and that the staff were lovely/incredibly attentive. Also, having the outdoor patio open was great for those who needed to cool off after dancing up a storm during the reception. All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception and it was Mercer Oaks who made it happen for a very reasonable price! You definitely don't sacrifice quality here :) THANKS MERCER OAKS!!!!!!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Heather · Married on 09/02/2012

Everything from start to finish was effortless because our coordinator was top notch and handled the entire day. From setting up a day to go and look into this venue to the very last minute of our reception, she never missed a beat. The taste testing was private and extraordinary. The food was so delicious. My wedding day was perfect and that's all we hear from our guests as well. They all LOVED the wedding and say it was the best one they have ever been to. It was affordable, comfortable and the service was exceptional. Not one single thing I would change. Thank you so very much! Samantha, you are under-rated even at a 10! If brides everywhere could have the ease and lack of stress that I had, they would be knocking down the doors to have their wedding at Mercer Oaks.

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • Chrysti

Chrysti · Married on 08/24/2012

This venue was the best! The food was great and there was plenty of it. The waiters kept bringing out so much food during the cocktail hour, my guest were full by dinner. The scenery was beautiful, overlooking the pond and golf course. I had my ceremony and cocktail hour outside and the reception inside. The coordinator, Samantha, is great. She was so helpful with getting us organized and having everything done on time. I love the fact that the venue sits alone so that only one event is going on at a time. I was really pleased with my wedding and would highly recommend Mercer Oaks to any bride. The cost was also great compared to most venues in the area.

Sent on 09/10/2012

We are SO happy that we chose to have our June 23 wedding reception at Mercer Oaks! We can't say enough about how fantastic Mercer Oaks is and how great Samantha, the coordinator who worked with us, is. Sam was incredibly flexible and went above and beyond in helping with our preparations, which was especially important since we were planning from out of town. Our guests raved about the quality and abundance of food at the cocktail hour and reception. The setting, patio, and main room were beautiful and provided plenty of room for dancing. Everything was organized and set up perfectly and we didn't have to worry about a thing during our reception. Mercer Oaks offered an incredibly fair deal and great value (I did extensive comparison shopping and could not find anything better!) while feeling completely luxurious and top of the line all the way. The staff at Mercer Oaks also took special care of us, as the bride and groom, bringing us drinks and making sure that we had everything we needed during our reception, so we could both genuinely relax and enjoy our party! We would highly recommend Mercer Oaks!!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Mercer Oaks is such a beautiful venue and very reasonably priced. The food was excellent!

Sent on 05/24/2013
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/18/2012

This is the place to get married in Mercer County. Just married last week, we did a friday night ceramony and reception all at Mercer Oaks. The night was Flawless!
    Words from my guest, "the service and staff here are so nice." "this is the best food i have had at a wedding." "wow this place is amazing."
    Everyone was so happy with the professionalism and speedy service from everyone at Mercer Oaks. the food was all so amazing. We did a number of different stations of food and everyone really loved it all. Many said that the food at cocktail hour was so good they were almost stuffed by dinner.
    Samantha is the even coordinator at Mercer Oaks and she kept the night running smoothly i never had any worries or concerns. She is fabulous. She is attentive from the time you meet her to view the venue for the first time up till the day after your wedding. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
    great food, great price, great service, great place!

Your missing out if you dont have your wedding here!

Sent on 05/27/2012

Karen · Married on 07/29/2011

There aren't enough amazing things my new husband and I could say about Mercer Oaks Country Culb. The hall is beautiful, the grounds are as well. It is laid back yet at the same time glamorous. The price CAN NOT be beat, and people thought we went all out!! Samantha is the event coordinator there. Throughout the entire planning process my husband and I constantly talked about how much we love her and Mercer Oaks!! She is the absolute best you will find. We truly appreciate everything she did for us, and we feel grateful we chose to go with Mercer Oaks. We got comments after comments about how amazing the food was, the atmosphere, the staff, EVERYTHING. I thank Mercer Oaks and Sam for giving us the wedding of our dreams :)

Karen & Tom

Sent on 08/26/2011

corina · Married on 06/12/2011

They did a great job, beyond our expectations Samantha was great and the whole staff too.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Amia · Married on 05/07/2011

I can't say enough great things about Mercer Oaks. My husband and I were just married there on May 7th, 2011. This was truly my dream wedding! Aside from the fact that the venue is beautiful the food was AMAZING! Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious everything was. Their event coordinator, Samantha, went above and beyond our expectations. She was very personable, professional, flexible and responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process from start to finish. We were so blessed to have her. I will truly miss talking with her. I highly recommend Mercer Oaks for any occasion as you will not be disappointed. So many comments from my guests that it was one of the most elegant receptions they ever attended.

Sent on 05/19/2011

rebecca · Married on 04/25/2010

Mercer Oaks was the perfect place to have our wedding. The staff was wonderful, especially, Samantha-she was great!! Our ceremony was supposed to be outside and it starting to rain 30 minutes before our ceremony and without even having to ask Samantha had everything brought inside and setup a beautiful ceremony for us. The food was awesome and we highly recommend Mercer Oaks for any occasion.

Sent on 10/04/2010

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2008

What a great place to have a wedding, pictures were beautiful. We were able to borrow a golf cart for some of the photos. The event planner (sam) wow, what a dedicated professional in every way possible. The food was fantastic and the layout of the flowers and the card table, right down to the cocktail hour outside. Wow.

Sent on 10/14/2008
  • monarchmom

Kim · Married on 09/13/2008

I cannot say enough about Mercer Oaks! First of all they are a county run golf course with a BEAUTIFUL banquet room in Mercer County, NJ. I had the ceremony there outside in their gazebo & the 5 hour cocktail party reception in the banquet facility. Their event coordinator Samantha is beyond super. Because they are a county facility the prices are fantastic. I had a top shelf 5 hr open bar & wanted Grey Goose vodka....no problem. I wanted butlered hors deorves the whole time....Samantha said no problem but you can also have stations. I asked if they did a mashed potato martini bar, she said no but what is it & I told her...again no problem. The cake was included & I had a venetian table as well. There was a special room for me to get dressed in. The room was set up beautifully although I did my own centerpieces (beta fish in a giant martini glass) & tiny martini glasses w/ super shiny jordan almonds as the favors since it was a cocktail party! I also decorated the gazebo. She let me come in at 10AM to do this & my event was not until 6PM! Samantha & I emailed & talked constantly & she was super prompt in responding, she was very professional, kind & had a nice calming effect on everyone the day of. I cannot recommend Mercer Oaks enough, if you live in Mercer County you would be a fool not to at the very least take a look at this place & talk to Samantha!

Sent on 09/17/2008

Kelly · Married on 08/30/2008

I loved Mercer Oaks. It was a lot for the price. Samantha is the baquent manager and acts as your coordinator which is awesome. She is fantastic. She took care of everything that day to ensure that I was not bothered by the little things. I The food was excellent. The venue is wonderful. Great location on the golf course to do pictures. I couldnt not recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/01/2008

Lynda · Married on 05/27/2006

We got married in May of 2006. The wonderful memories are still fresh in my mind. Friends STILL mention how wonderful the food was at the wedding. We could not have been happier. Venue, service, staff, decor, food, ceremony and husband could not have been more perfect!!!
    I would do it all over (with the same man of course!)
    Hooray for Mercer Oaks and the wonderful caterers!

Sent on 07/01/2010

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2012

I cannot say enough about the amazing staff and Samantha at Mercer Oaks. We were stuck with a torrential thunderstorm for our outdoor wedding ceremony. Sam and her team made the transition to our very amazing back-up plan without a hitch. Many of our guests weren't even aware that we getting married under the covered patio was the back-up. Our guests loved the food, especially everything during cocktail hour. The bartenders and staff were very accomodating without being in your face with hors d'oeuvres. My family and friends are still raving about the wedding! My husband and I had the most amazing wedding at Mercer Oaks!!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Colleen · Married on 06/08/2018

Was very nice working with the staff they really knew what they were
    Doing & the food was excellent.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2012

Jim, Samantha and the entire staff of Mercer Oaks went above and beyond to make our reception flawless! We planned our wedding from across the country and were concerned about not being available to be on site during the planning process. Samantha was great with keeping us informed and was flexible with her schedule to accommodate our travel plans. All our requests were fulfilled, no matter how big or small. And we were offered things (for free!) that we hadn't thought to ask for. ie: signature drinks, printing our menu cards, grooms cake.

The service staff were extraordinary (especially Krista!) and their professionalism was superb. They anticipated our needs and attended to our guests with friendliness and courtesy. The food was outstanding (I may be the first bride in history to leave her reception full!) and abundant. We kept hearing from our guests that they were stuffed and the food was great!

For the value, quality and service you absolutely can't beat Mercer Oaks. The best recommendation I can give is that several of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to!

P.S. Our cake (and grooms cake) were done by Melissa at Coco's Cakery and were awesome! They looked great and tasted even better!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Julie · Married on 06/18/2010

I loved Mercer Oaks! It is a beautiful venue and the food is absolutely delicious. The prices are outstanding for the quality of service provided. Samantha, their event coordinator, was a pleasure to work with and made planning a wedding a little bit easier. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 02/07/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2012

Mercer oaks is an amazing and professional venue to have your wedding. The Coordinator Samantha Boudinot is very friendly, hard working and dedicated to achieving your wedding goals and ideas. They offer a beautiful atmosphere, amazing service, and personal attention for a great price.

Sent on 08/07/2012