Memories Videography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Vickie N. Married on 12/31/2020

Thank You, Thank You, so glad we found you!

Memories Videography was responsive and affordable. On a very short notice, they partnered with us and did a great job, bringing our family and friends from near and far, to our daughter and son-in-law's wedding. We are so grateful!

Memories Videography's reply:

I'm delighted we could help you celebrate! Bringing family and friends together especially during these usual times brings us great joy!
  • Audrey
    Audrey M. Married on 11/14/2020

Great people and a great product

I highly recommend Memories Videography if you want a professional yet fun, organic, and overall beautiful wedding video!! They have a phenomenal team that truly puts their client and couples first. We opted for the 8 minute short; however, they were super flexible in the review process and made sure the video had exactly what we wanted and we were 100% satisfied. The team was very fun and easy going the day of the wedding, and they worked wonderfully with our photographer. Even with the craziness of COVID, they were flexible with every change and very timely. I am beyond thankful for the memories captured that I get to hold on to for the rest of our life together! Absolutely beautiful!

Memories Videography's reply:

Working with you has been our pleasure! Beautiful venues, a great vendor team, and a gorgeous couple. We couldn't help but love every minute!
    You're blessed with an amazing family and fabulous friends who will support you for the rest of your lives. And your Father's toast was one of the best ever! Stay well and live happily ever after!
    Katie I. Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely Wonderful!!

We could not ask for a better videographer!! Anne and her team were so kind, professional, and amazing at their jobs. We were able to have drone footage and Anne dealt with pulling all the permits for that, ensuring we could film at all wedding locations, and being so helpful and supportive throughout the entire process and wedding day. We cannot recommend Memories Videography more!! Our friends and family absolutely loved the videos and we are so happy we have these to remember the day by. Video can show so much more than just photos and we are so happy to have this to relive our day! Thank you Anne!!

Memories Videography's reply:

Working with you has been our privilege and honor! The exquisite venue, beautiful details, vendor team, and, especially, your family, created an unforgettable experience for everyone! By the stories your father and sister included in their toasts, it's obvious you come from a home filled with love. You and Bryan share a "love old-fashioned enough to last forever."
  • Sherri
    Sherri G. Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent Videographer and Staff

As the mother of the bride I was helping to plan the wedding ceremony and reception. Well, needless to say, everything kept changing because of the pandemic. Memories Videography was able to accommodate us at the last minute and everyone on staff was very understanding and flexible with changes, etc. The wedding was absolutely beautiful in spite of the pandemic - Thank you Ricky, DeVonte and Anne for capturing this wonderful day for our family.

Memories Videography's reply:

You orchestrated a lovely wedding! Every detail was perfect and meaningful. To work with you and the family to create a film everyone can enjoy for many years is our honor and privilege.
  • Katherine
    Katherine F. Married on 09/06/2020

Incredible videography

Memories were amazing to work with during this crazy time! We made the decision to downsize and live stream our wedding about a month before the big day. Anne was very timely and very flexible due to changing venues last minute. I would recommend them to anyone looking to live stream their wedding due to COVID! Best part- they give you a link to download your video! (The best keepsake!)

Memories Videography's reply:

The Rabbi's words rang true, "Man plans and G_d laughs". I'm glad we could help the family and friends that couldn't be there in person be present in spirit. And the flower girl is just precious!

Mazel Tov!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa W. Married on 08/14/2020

Absolutely perfect!

Ricky live-streamed our wedding yesterday and he was amazing!!! We had close to 700 people connected on the Livestream and the clarity and quality was amazing. It was bittersweet because many of our friends and family couldn’t make it due to the pandemic but they help them share our special day with us. Ricky went above and beyond even pinning the boutonnières on thé groom and groomsmen! Thank you so much Ricky and Anne You guys are awesome!

Memories Videography's reply:

Thanks so much Alyssa! We're beyond excited for you! With your kind and generous heart, I know your marriage will be blest!
  • Mairin
    Mairin G. Married on 07/18/2020

Incredible!!

Anne and DeVonte were both so incredible to work with. Due to Covid, our original videographer backed out at the last minute--which ended up being the best thing because there is no way our video would have been as beautiful and perfect as the one memories videography did for us. They were so flexible with us booking last minute, and gave us an extremely fair price. They were extremely discrete the whole day, and most of the time we didn't even realize they were there. The instagram short video was a perfect preview and we got it so quickly after the wedding. The final video perfectly captured the entire day and we are so happy to have it to watch for years to come. I cannot recommend them enough!!

Memories Videography's reply:

Awww...thank you! You and PJ are a match made in heaven! I had to fight back the tears during your dad's toast and laughed when your sisters spoke of the early days of your relationship! You're blessed to have wonderful families. We wish you health and happiness always!
    Brittney H. Married on 05/30/2020

Memories Videography: Wedding at Alturia Farm!

I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about our experience with Memories Videography. Their team is very experienced, highly qualified, friendly, caring, professional and dedicated to their work. They were a blast to work with, and made our day so much more special! Through all of these crazy times with COVID-19, they have been nothing but flexible and understanding and have been willing to work with us and adapt to the changes of how we had to celebrate our wedding day. Their crew members are super friendly and fun to work with and their communication about the event was outstanding! I could not recommend a better group and am so happy we decided to use them for our wedding! Their work is phenomenal and will always hold a special place in our hearts for many years to come.
  • KIMBERLY
    Kimberly Married on 10/19/2019

Very Professional

They were detail oriented, professional, never knew they were there.
  • Hayley
    Hayley C. Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing video footage!

Memories did a phenomenal job capturing our special day! They went above and beyond with capturing memorable footage, starting with footage while getting ready and going all the way to the end of the night's sparkler send off. Their drone footage was some of my favorite and such a delight to receive in addition to all the regular footage - with beautiful shots of our getting ready venue and reception venue. Additionally, the team did a great job of blending into the background and they were very unobtrusive... yet somehow managed to be in the right place at the right time all day and night! Additionally, we were so impressed by the quality of the footage that we received. Anne and her team were very easy to work with and very low stress which we greatly appreciated. I know we will be watching these videos forever and are so lucky to have chosen such a wonderful company. You can't go wrong with them!

Memories Videography's reply:

Your wedding was an absolute dream from beginning to end! And in one of my favorite places in the world, Charlottesville! Each location, (Farmington, The Lawn at UVa, and Verulam Farm) was more beautiful than the next, if that's possible! Thanks for choosing us to be part of the vendor team.
    Please send my best wishes to your mom, the most organized and sweetest MOB on earth, and Kennon Ibbeken, just the best wedding planner in the area!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle W. Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful to Work with and GREAT VIDEO

Anne is responsive and awesome. She has a great vision and easy to work with. Adam and DeVonte were our videographers the day of and were so fun and nice to work with. They made me feel comfortable and were very polite. They were very good at being unseen when needed and then helpful and positive when directing. I never felt uncomfortable in front of the camera or them. The final videos are to die for. The ceremony and reception go by so quickly it is hard to capture everything, rewatching the video with all the key points and extra fun tidbits (dancing, getting ready, flower girl and ring barer being super cute, etc.) was almost more fun than the actual day. We have already watched the video with family members and friends and have gotten wonderful feedback and even happy tears. I highly recommend Anne, DeVonte and Adam!

Memories Videography's reply:

Awww, thank you! You guys were so fun to work with! All the great questions and the site visit to Lewis Ginter helped enormously. And thanks for the shout out to DeVonte and Adam. Not only are they superb filmmakers but they're also easy to work with and discreet. Have fun reliving the ceremony, reception and all the extra tidbits for a long, long time!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 09/28/2019

"It looks like a trailer for The Greatest Wedding of All Time"

...is what somebody told me after I posted the trailer that Memories Videography created for our wedding. Another person said "I've watched it 7 times, I can't stop." And it really was!! Memories Videography is one of the best decisions we made! We were on the fence about whether we needed a videographer and I am SO GLAD we decided to get one, but specifically that we went with Memories Videography. Anne was really cool via email ahead of the event and she and her team of videographers showed up on wedding day and I really just let them do their thing. What's incredible is they perfectly captured my personality and my husband's and the feel of the whole day--it's amazing, you'd think we'd known them our whole lives. They just GOT US. We watched their trailer (and later the longer film) and with both we both were just like "yep, that's pretty much how that day went down." We were cracking up and we loved it and they nailed it. Having watched videos of other couples it's clear that Memories somehow uses a 6th sense to get a feel for the couple and capture their essence in the video, because other videos have a very different feel than ours. They really tailor it to make it fit the couple. It was perfect--and the drone is so cool!!! Thanks to Anne and DeVonte and team--thank you so much! You've given us a gift we will treasure forever.

Memories Videography's reply:

Love you guys!! The most authentic and unpretentious couple ever! When I walked into your suite I felt like we were sisters of different mothers, DeVonte was your baby brother, and the rest of the team was just more family! Thanks for checking in occasionally and making sure we were taken care of. So kind and thoughtful! You trusted us to do our thing, totally unimpeded and our creativity ran wild! You're the best!
  • Lizzie
    Lizzie T. Married on 09/21/2019

Love our wedding video!!

Anne and her team were amazing!! We can't imaging not have this perfect video of our wedding. We are so thankful to them for their responsiveness, professionalism, and fantastic work on our video! We will cherish the video for years to come!

Memories Videography's reply:

We loved every minute! A beautiful wedding at the family farm surrounded by loved ones plus an amazing vendor team made our job an absolute pleasure. We hope you enjoy the faces, voices, music, and laughter from your wedding for many years to come!
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 07/13/2019

Such a talented, creative, loving, & fun video crew. They produced a wedding video that exceeded any expectations that we may have had.

I have worked with hundreds of videographers throughout the past five years in my line of work. Adam and the entire team were a complete joy to work with. We loved having them join us for all the weekend wedding celebrations. The quality of the footage is unreal. The way they told our story could not have been dreamt up any better. They beautifully captured every raw & important moment of the day. We just received our video but have watched it numerous times. We have shared with family and friends & everyone has been moved to tears of joy simply from watching. Friends of ours are already interested in booking them for their upcoming weddings. I am not sure of anyone in the area (Southeast or Northeast) that could ever compare to this company. They are not simply a company— they are a talented team with a creative spirit & warm hearts. They captured the best day of my life. I could not be happier!!! They are WONDERFUL!!!

Memories Videography's reply:

You + Kye made our job easy! Every moment of the celebration was an expression of the deep love you obviously have for one another. From sharing ice cream in downtown Roanoke to the exchanging of vows at Irvine Estate in the mountains in Rockbridge County. And every member of the vendor team were absolute pros. Please send our many thanks to your parents who made us feel like family from the very first moment we arrived!
    Jordan Married on 06/15/2019

What a great experience!

Anne at memories videography was such a joy to work with you! She was always so kind and responsive to any questions we had. The team that came to film our wedding day was early and so professional! They made us feel comfortable and at ease, which is saying something since my husband and I are pretty camera shy! They made us a beautiful trailer and video of the day's events in a timely manner and sent us personalized DVDs and flash drives of it just as quickly. We wholeheartedly recommend them as the perfect team to preserve your own special day!

Memories Videography's reply:

What a sweet review! Thank you. Adam and DeVonte have a unique talent of making people feel at ease in front of a camera even on their wedding day. I'll send along your compliment. Being able to tell the story of a couple destined to be together is a gift. Thank you for choosing us!
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 06/15/2019

My video is the best part of my wedding!

I am so happy I decided to have a videographer to film my special day but even happier it was Adam Samuelson with Memories Videography. He was very professional, and did such and amazing job. We absolutely love our videos and it was everything we ever imagined and more! Adam was on top of everything, and filmed all the key parts, and captured so many moments and emotions is his artistic way. It’s such a special keepsake from the most important day of our life. Anne McKenzie, their wedding coordinator, was so helpful and responsive from beginning to end. She truly made me feel like I was her only client and was so kind while answering all of my questions. Thank you for giving us this gift we can share together and with our family and friends for a lifetime.
    Hannah L. Married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic quality video

Memories Videography was terrific! They were friendly, easy to work with, and responsive to feedback when we got our video. The cinematic short was very professional and captured all of the special moments at our wedding. I highly recommend using this company!
  • Jill
    Jill Married on 04/13/2019

Memories Videography memories of a perfect day

One of the biggest regrets a bride has after the wedding is not making the decision to spend the money on a video. Memories Videography owner made that comment to me at one of the wedding shows, and this was backed up and confirmed in many articles I have read. For that reason, we made the decision to invest in a video, and are thrilled to have spent the money. Reliving that perfect day over and over again has made it all worthwhile. The quality of the Cinematic Short was excellent and portrayed the day perfectly. The music they incorporated into the video fit so well for the day. The special effects, and drone coverage of the gorgeous property alone made the video worth it. We received multiple comments from friends and family that they had never seen such a gorgeous video before. As for their flexibility, last minute we asked that they provide a Live Stream of the ceremony, and they were very willing to do that as well. Many people who were ill and could not be at the wedding got to enjoy the ceremony LIVE, and were thrilled to have that opportunity.

My only constructive criticism would be to spend a little time taking live video of the people at the tables and other people on the dance floor that weren't necessarily dancing near the bride and groom. We have found that many of our guests do not show up in the photos or video because 99% was focused on the Bride and Groom. Understandably for sure, but just a comment for the future.

One other comment is that it does take a while for the video to be edited and completed. They provide a high-level service and professionalism that should not be rushed. Although we hated waiting 4 months for the final product, it was wonderful to watch the video to remind us of that day, because typically, once the wedding is over, all is forgotten. And as a Bride, Groom, and Parents of the Bride, there was so much we didn't see or remember that we now get to enjoy.

Thank you to Ricky, Adam, Anne and all of the staff who worked so hard to bring back the memories of this special day.

Memories Videography's reply:

You're so right! Not hiring a videographer is a frequent regret. I'm absolutely delighted that you're thrilled with your investment. Making the LiveStreaming happen at the last minute was our pleasure. Having family present, even virtually, means so much. Thank you!
  • Janelle
    Janelle P. Married on 03/08/2019

Captured Every Moment Perfectly

Fantastic! Wonderful! Absolute perfection! I don't know how else to describe the videography by Memories! A wedding video is one of those things you worry about, because it is capturing your day for you to remember for the rest of your life. However, after watching the Teaser and finished product of our wedding video, I couldn't be happier! It captured the day so perfectly, that watching made me cry. Memories did an incredible job! On top of the quality, our videographer, Adam, was amazing! He was personable, friendly, and a joy to work with! I highly recommend them to capture your perfect day!

Memories Videography's reply:

You and Evan were just gorgeous! And what a spectacular venue! May your life together be a true blessing.
    Victoria I. Married on 11/24/2018

Beyond pleased

Memories Videography exceeded our expectations! Our video truly captured our day and even one of my bridesmaids said that she never noticed the videographers moving around us. They were extremely professional, kind, and captured all the special moment and organized them into a short video to share with friends and family. You cannot go wrong with this company!

Memories Videography's reply:

Awww....thanks so much! After watching your cinematic short film, it's obvious you have an extraordinary husband and family!
    A. Baker Married on 11/03/2018

Mother of the Bride

Once we made the decision to hire a videographer, the best decision was contracting Memories. From the first minute, they maintained their professionalism and flexibility. Anne is top notch as a point of contact. They were creative and yet stealth in their presence the day of the wedding. We had a large bridal party, large guest list and fairly new venue. Great value for the final product! One of our top 5 vendors for sure! We are very pleased! Don’t hesitate - hire them right now!

Memories Videography's reply:

You're so very kind! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you. Being a wedding vendor allows me to witness some of the most intimate moments during a couple's wedding day You, obviously, enjoy a very close-knit and loving family. I'm honored to know you!
  • alexisdemetra
    Alexis Married on 11/03/2018

Absolute best in Richmond!

I hired Memories Videography in May 2018 for my November 2018 wedding. That was a little bit later than is normally recommended (it was a later in the process decision), and Memories was happy to accommodate me! Anne was our POC and she was a joy to work with from the first phone call. I work in video and content production, so I had a lot of opinions on the style and how it was shot and edited. The team were very accommodating and welcomed my ideas and opinions.
    The day of my wedding, I hardly noticed the two cameramen surrounding us all day. They captured all the best moments and honestly were never in the way. They were polite and courteous and rolled with the punches during the reception and caught some good impromptu moments. They also surprised us with a wedding gift of a drone to capture some of the birds eye shots! My husband and I had so much fun filming those with them.
    We got our sneak peek trailer just a few weeks after the wedding and our 7 minute cinematic a month and a half after the wedding date. That is one of the FASTEST turnarounds I've ever seen! I posted our video on Facebook and so many of my friends and guests said they had no idea I had a videographer there because they were so subtle with their filming. Not to mention it was one of the best videos they've ever seen!
    I will (and have already) recommend Memories to anyone I know getting married in the area. They are professional, kind, and very talented. Thank you Anne and Devonte and the rest of the crew there! We appreciate you so much.

Memories Videography's reply:

I appreciate the lovely review. I don't think I've ever seen two people so in love! If anyone doubts me, all they have to do is watch the footage of your first look. The smiles tell the entire story!
    Lee Married on 10/20/2018

One of the easiest vendors we worked with!

Anne and everyone from Memories Videography couldn't have been more enjoyable to work with. We hired them to live stream our wedding ceremony to my grandparents in their retirement community and then last minute had them add wireless sound equipment for the ceremony. They were thorough and quick to respond. Pricing was reasonable and we are very satisfied with the services and customer care they provided.
  • W
    Wendy Married on 10/20/2018

Cherished Wedding Memories

From our initial contact, the team at Memories Videography was friendly, professional, and very attentive to our needs. Throughout the process they genuinely listened and sought to truly understand what we wanted and did not want from our final product, adjusting throughout the process to ensure that the end result was just right. Our wedding video turned out AMAZING. Working with Memories Videography to capture our wedding ceremony was easily one of the best and most worthwhile choices we made in the wedding process. I especially appreciate that they captured not only the entirety of our ceremony but also the special moments before the ceremony when my dad saw me in my wedding dress for the first time. The final video included everything we had asked for and was polished and perfect.