28 Reviews for The Melody Ballroom & Event Center

Barware (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)

Kathleen and Kevin at the Melody Ballroom were downright incredible. From the moment we walked in we felt like family. Throughout the course of planning our wedding there were an incredible amount of emails sent back and forth, which were responded to very promptly. They were also very accommodating and helpful when planning out everything from the ceremony to the reception. They made our wedding day special and would recommend the Melody Ballroom to anyone.

Profile Picture Matt, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you have a large wedding party, the Melody Ballroom Grand Ballroom is the perfect place. It was the perfect size for our 225 person wedding. It is your room to make the way you wanted it. You can do as much or as little to the space and it looks great. But the best thing about the space was Kevin and Kathleen! The staff there makes you feel so welcomed and take care of. Kevin is so helpful. He is there to help as much as you need, answers emails in a reasonable amount of time and works with you throughout the whole thing. They really made our even run smoothly. Their buffet and drinks tables were perfectly colored for our fall wedding. Plus to food was so good. They saved us a few appetizers and cocktails for us to sneak a bit before we had to be introduced. Dinner was so good and we got so many compliments from our family about actually enjoying the food and drinks. They really took care of us. If I got to do it all over (with the same groom of course) I would go back to the Melody Ballroom again! The only con is the parking, the space holds alot of people but parking is a little tight in that area. Not too bad, but we reserved the parking spaces for our older guests so some of our younger guests had maybe 3 blocks to walk after parking. Not terrible but just something to be aware of when booking.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Signature Drink, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Would like a place for a good price that can fit 150 people.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4323636, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melody Ballroom has plenty of space is the staff is easy to work with. Both Kevin and Carolina made sure that our venue was set up to our request and the food was delicious. One of their staff members quit before our event, she had offered us a free kids menu and the day of it was not there, however the staff offered to make up for the mistake. I would recommend the Melody Ballroom to anyone because they are friendly, provide great catering and the venue is spacious! The bar was also beautiful and the drinks were affordable.

Profile Picture Karina, 11/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We enjoyed working with the entire team at the Melody- Erin, Kevin, and Kathleen. All were very helpful and thoughtful as they helped us put together our wedding from scratch.

They worked really well with all our other vendors and guided us through the entire process. Thanks so much to the Melody team!

Profile Picture Tsering, 11/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I've put on special events at Melody Ballroom for more than 15 years and have watched the venue improve its service, great paint jobs, top quality food, etc. Kathryn and her crew are easy to work with and responsive to specific needs whether it is finding the right color linens, letting us borrow items to create our table centerpieces, or providing a tasty vegetarian option. In addition to the upstairs main ballroom, the downstairs is a beautiful and more intimate setting. The wooden bar reeks of old-school elegance, the smaller ballroom area is perfect for a private Christmas party, silent auction or smaller wedding reception. There is just something magical about the building that you don't find in many others.

Profile Picture Maura, 11/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at the Melody Ballroom and it was absolutely amazing. The food and drinks were so delicious, we had so many people telling us how much they truly enjoyed it all!!! The staff was so pleasant and helpful and they made sure every detail was perfect on our special day. We didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying our special day!

Profile Picture Brandice, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I am the bride that just recently had my wedding at the Melody Ballroom, I am very satisfy with their service, they were flexible with me as well, and can accommodate to my timings (such as opening early and staying late so decorators can finish their job) they were concern of how we want our wedding, giving ideas and was really helpful although there were a few concerns from our guests and family that night, I specifically talked to the venue about the bar as of when someone orders a round of beer, like 8, the bartender will have a server help carry it out to the table, in this situation, on the day of, the bartender only let our guest take two beer at a time, so how many times should my guest come back up to get more beers? maybe the venue can clarify with the bartender before agreeing to something different...and there was a server that was having a bad day I guess, my brother in law informed me that the server at his table was really mean ands rude, we had family style and food comes out one by one, so there were still food from previous plates, which he told the server to just leave the previous food because they were not done eating it, out came the new food, she didn't care what they say and would just take the previous food away and would make rude comments. And also if you were to buy liquor bottles from them, make sure you tell the bartender to use the bottles that you bought, or else they will charge you at the bar, as i bride, i bought two bottles of liquor, when i order, they just charge me a tab and did not use my liquor bottles. So i basically bought bottles of liquor and ending up paying a tab at the bar. Overall, this is a very beautiful venue to have your wedding!!

Profile Picture Loan, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Erin, Kathleen and the entire staff did everything possible to make our wedding the wonderful, beautiful event we imagined. We received rave reviews from our guests. If you want to support a local family business and make your life easy with great food and wine, this is the venue for you. Great value for dollar and great people to work with.

Profile Picture Nancy, 11/9/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough wonderful, if not positive, things about Kathleen Kaad and Erin Kaad. Throughout the whole process, they were patient, kind, and helpful. With a few adjustments at the end, they helped us meet our budget and never were forceful (like other vendors) in the initial planning process.

They offered advice where needed and truly made our ceremony and reception what we wanted it to be. The food and venue were perfect; the wedding/specialty drink was perfect. The staff seems like a family there.

I can't say enough about The Melody Ballroom; there is a reason why they've been in business for so many years - they are sensible and reasonable experts who build love into each and every service/event they contract.

Thank you (again) from the bottom of mine and Lars' hearts.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/19/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was fantastic, and the coordinators extremely helpful. We had a lot of fun, they helped set up and clean up, and kept everything on task. The only downside is that, though the venue itself is extremely reasonably priced, the catering is steeper tan we had budgeted for. Outside catering is out of the question, however, since the venue tacks on an extra $24/person and gratuity for any outside catering (something we somehow missed when researching). For us, using their catering service was the cheaper option, though it did break our budget. The food was phenomenal, though, so the quality is fantastic- it was just an unexpected boost in expenses. Read their terms carefully!!

Profile Picture User3543009, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They Melody Ballroom made our wedding reception. They did an excellent job staying organized and meeting all of our needs. They even went above and beyond by fixing some of our decorations that fell apart on the day of.

The food was excellent and I received many compliments from our guests. If I had one complaint it would be that it was too hot once the dancing started as the air conditioning only comes out from one side of the giant room, but otherwise I was very happy with the service we received from them. Thank you especially to Jake and Kathleen for being so available to us and our needs in the days before our wedding!

Profile Picture Meaghn , 7/30/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Melody Ballroom was the perfect venue for our wedding reception! The space was beautiful! Wonderful wood floors throughout and a great stage for our band and wonderful service! The staff at the Melody Ballroom was so helpful and worked with us to design the perfect layout for our celebration!

Profile Picture Erin Rose, 12/13/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a large wedding, over 250 people and at the time the Melody Ballroom was the only place outside of a hotel that could accomidate us. We loved the feel of the ballroom, it was magical! The staff were super helpful and made our visions come to life.

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/31/04, 5 Reviews
4.2

This is my families catering business and I really enjoyed having my reception there. We used the lower ballroom and attached Cafe with bar and it was perfect for the 100-150 people we had at the wedding plus plenty of room for the staff to move about without interrupting anything.

Profile Picture Johanna, 4/9/99, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)