Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist Reviews

114 | Falls Church, VA

114 Reviews for Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist

Bobbi · Married on 08/19/2011

Melissa did an excellent job on the ceremony music for my daughter's wedding! It was played so beautifully and she made herself available to go over music selections well before the ceremony. It was never an issue reaching her or making last minute changes. Everyone was truly impressed. I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 08/21/2011

E · Married on 08/06/2011

Melissa did an absolutely marvelous job with the harp music for the ceremony! Everyone was impressed. Not only that, but for one of the ceremony selections, she also played a unique piece for us from a sheet of song music we'd given her. Thank you so much for such wonderful music, Melissa!

Sent on 08/19/2011

R · Married on 11/20/2010

Melissa is an amazing harpist!!! She played for our wedding and for the cocktail hour. She was very accommodating to our preferences and is just so very talented. I arranged for her to surprise the groom with one of his favorite Grateful Dead songs, Dark Star. It was AWESOME!!! Really really terrific. :) Thanks again Melissa!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2010
  • W

whitney · Married on 11/13/2010

Melissa was fabulous! She worked with me on the ceremony music and gave me great recommendations about what songs to pick for which parts of the ceremony. I would definitely recommend her....It was a beautiful ceremony and the music was perfect!

Sent on 11/21/2010

Allison · Married on 11/13/2010

Melissa was great to work with and always quick to respond to emails. Everyone loved the music at the ceremony. It was so neat to hear modern music on the harp (coldplay, zepplin and of course the beatles)! She is very talented!

Sent on 02/04/2011

Cheryl · Married on 10/23/2010

Melissa is wonderful. Dealing with her prior to our wedding day could not have been any easier. She responded to our e-mails quickly, sometimes within minutes, and she was very flexible and accommodating with our special music requests. Melissa was also very accommodating when we asked to extend her playing time very close to our wedding date. Our guests were very complimentary of her playing and my new husband and I were thrilled with her beautiful playing during our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 11/09/2010

M · Married on 10/10/2010

Melissa did a wonderful job playing the harp for my wedding and cocktail hour. I thought her music was absolutely beautiful. She received many compliments and accolades from our guests for her performance. She played the traditional songs for the ceremony, and then also played a mixture of songs for the cocktail hour. Overall a great job!

Sent on 10/22/2010

Allison · Married on 10/10/2010

I had a small and intimate wedding ceremony and Melissa's music brought it to another level. She played before the ceremony and post ceremony while we had our pictures taken. She worked with me on a playlist to ensure we had special music that meant someting to both myself and my husband. She was easy to work with and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/02/2010

Caroline · Married on 08/21/2010

Melissa was so great to work with she was responsive and professional. She was also willing to play non traditional songs during our ceremony (Lady Gaga and the theme from Star Trek). If you are wondering if it's worth the money - it is! She made our ceremony and cocktail hour (which she also played) so much more special. Worth every penny.

Sent on 08/28/2010

Margo · Married on 08/08/2010

Melissa did a beautiful job playing the harp for my wedding. The music she played enhanced the ceremony and cocktail hour. Several guests commented to me that the music was the best they had heard at a wedding. We asked Melissa to play Jewish music for our ceremony processional and recessional and contemporary music for the cocktail hour. She made the process of selecting music really easy. Her prices are also very competitive for this area. We couldn't be happier with the result.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Sheva · Married on 07/25/2010

We are extremely satisfied with Melissa’s performance at our wedding. She is a very talented harpist who plays with elegance and class. Her website provides a list/sample of commonly selected musical pieces for weddings. We found the list very helpful when it came to selecting the music for our ceremony. Everything was perfect. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/04/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/24/2010

Melissa was great and very easy to work with. She was very responsive and spent a lot of time going over our music to make sure we got exactly what we were hoping for. She definitely helped make it a very special day.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Deidre · Married on 07/10/2010

Melissa did a really good job. She was really responsive to emails and was pretty flexible when we wanted to meet her prior to giving her our deposit. My guests all thought the music was beautiful so I was really pleased! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Chenda · Married on 06/19/2010

The ceremony music was just beautiful. Melissa is so easy to work with. We knew nothing about wedding music, and she helped us choose perfect pieces for each part of our ceremony, and learned another piece so that we could have some musical accompaniment during the ceremony too. It was so excellent. Thank you so much, Melissa, for your beautiful playing. We highly recommend your services.

Sent on 06/23/2010

Jenn · Married on 05/15/2010

Melissa and an accompanying violinist played for our ceremony and cocktail hours. They were amazingly beautiful and very accommodating with our song selection...exactly what I hoped for!

Sent on 05/24/2010

Rich · Married on 04/17/2010

I haven't really compared prices, so my response to the "value for cost" survey question is just an educated guess. Being a musician myself, I know that people can easily undervalue the cost of such services. Given, the distance Melissa had travel, however, I think her services were priced fairly. Her playing as prelude music to the church wedding itself, set a wonderful tone to the event and was enjoyed by all.

Sent on 04/21/2010

Virginia · Married on 04/10/2010

Classy, elegant, professional, perfect! I only wish I had had some time to talk to Melissa the day of the event! I was so busy, I never even got to say hello! She played like an angel- and the harp is a beautiful wedding touch! She even provided back up instrumentation for my singer- it was absolutely beautiful!!

Sent on 04/11/2010

Alexandra · Married on 04/10/2010

Melissa was easy to work with and performed beautifully at our ceremony. Definitely recommend her. Our ceremony was outdoors and the harp sound was perfect.

Sent on 04/17/2010

Katy · Married on 10/16/2009

From the start I was very impressed by Melissa's responsiveness and professionalism. I contacted her over the Internet and received an immediate response. We settled everything over email - contract, music choice etc; it was very easy.

Our wedding ceremony was on October 16, 2009, at the Hotel Monaco, in DC. The day of the ceremony Melissa played beautifully!!! I received many compliments. It was simple, elegant and moving. I would hire Melissa again in a hearbeat! My husband and I were very happy with Melissa's music and all of our guests really enjoyed her performance. I highly recommend Melissa.

Sent on 11/08/2009

Laura · Married on 07/26/2009

Melissa was very responsive and played my musical selections beautifully. I also greatly appreciated her flexibility when I was forced by unforeseen circumstances to switch wedding venues. During the reception I received numerous compliments on the harp music and music selections. I would highly recommend her for any event, but especially wedding ceremonies!

Sent on 07/27/2009

Meagan · Married on 07/10/2009

A wonderful addition to our ceremony. Melissa was very professional & extremely easy to work with. I would highly recommend using her!

Sent on 10/02/2009

An · Married on 07/04/2009

I had a wonderful response from my guests concerning the harpist. Melissa did an excellent job and all the guests truly enjoy the music.

Sent on 07/30/2009

Catrina · Married on 06/27/2009

This was definitely one of my favorite vendors. The music set the tone for the start of a beautiful ceremony.

Melissa was great and assisted me in selecting the music. She was quick to respond to emails and gave her opinions on what songs would be better for each part of the ceremony. Since Melissa could not perform for our event, she ensured that we had an extremely talented harpist and flutist. Sharon and Diana performed flawlessly and provided lovely music for our event.

I would definitely recommend Melissa and Capitol Harpist for your ceremony.

Sent on 07/09/2009

Valerie · Married on 06/13/2009

Just beautiful! That's all I can say! We had to book her at the last minute because my mother in law was suppose to play the piano and broke her arm, and Melissa really came through, and provided such a classy, romantic touch!

Sent on 07/07/2009

Shelly · Married on 05/02/2009

Melissa was wonderful, the music was beautiful. She was very professional. She was very helpful in the ceremony selection. I highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 09/03/2009