Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist Reviews

114 | Falls Church, VA

114 Reviews for Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist

Sylvie · Married on 05/24/2015

AMAZING!!! Melissa was so easy to work with and played so beautiful. We had emails back and forth prior to the wedding coming up and a phone call a few weeks before. She was able to play exactly what I wanted and had great suggestions to make our day perfect. We had her play for our Ceremony and cocktail hour along with a violist and her alone at our reception dinner. We had so many people complement our choice of hiring a harpist, she played something for everyone. I highly recommend her for any event you may have.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Libby · Married on 04/25/2015

Melissa was wonderful. She played beautifully and was very helpful with the music selection, etc. Several guests commented on how lovely the music was.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Valerie · Married on 10/11/2014

Melissa's mastery of the harp filled the air with melodious music for the bride to walk down the aisle in the beautiful outdoor setting at Rockwood Manor. Melissa and the cellist played beautifully together creating a relaxing, elegant, and fairytale wedding. We had many compliments from the guests on the wonderful music. In addition to her skills as a harpist, she was wonderful to work with. She worked with us to recommend a cellist to accompany her, create our special list of songs, and learned new music to play with an accordionist for the transition to the next part of the reception. As it rained the day of the wedding, we were worried if she would still be able to play outdoors (water/moisture is not good for the harp and cello). Luckily the sky cleared in time and they setup under the tent where it remained dry. After the ceremony they moved to the gazebo and continued playing for the 1st half of the outdoor reception. Her duet with the accordionist was a real treat. She is very professional and a delight to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 08/30/2014

Melissa was an amazing addition to our big day. We had her come for the ceremony and stay through cocktail hour. We received many compliments from the guests and I would highly recommend her services. It also helped that she is more reasonably priced than other comparable vendors!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Melissa was so easy to plan with, she was prompt, did EXACTLY what we asked, played beautifully and was dressed very nice. I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 09/22/2014

N · Married on 07/27/2014

Meslissa Tardiff Dvorak is an excellent harpist! I totally recommend her for ANY event. Melissa beautifully played the harp for my backyard wedding in July. It was definitely a pleasure working with her, she was very nice and communicative. EVERYBODY at my wedding raved about Melissa and her musicality! I would absolutely contact Melissa again for any future events.

Sent on 09/29/2014
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 06/07/2014

Melissa played the harp during our vow ceremony for our wedding over the summer. She was great to work with! We were able to pick out which songs we wanted during the processional, bride entrance & recessional. The songs she did not have, she ordered it for us and learned the pieces before the ceremony. My husband and I were lucky to have someone very easy to work with and accomodating as well. I recommend her services if you are looking for a harpist in the DMV area. Melissa playing at our wedding made it very elegant and gave that special moment even more meaning!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Dorothy · Married on 05/25/2014

Melissa played beautiful music for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at 2941 Restaurant. She is a skilled harpist and also very easy to work with. We did not hire a professional officiant, so information on Melissa's website was very helpful when we planned our ceremony flow. She has a long repertoire list of songs to choose from (listed on her website), which we also found very helpful. Though not on her repertoire list, I made a special request for my bridal entrance song, "Make You Feel My Love". Melissa had no problem playing it at the ceremony, which was great! Our guests also enjoyed harp music playing in the background during cocktail hour outdoor. Thank you, Melissa!

Sent on 05/30/2014

terri · Married on 05/03/2014

I am trying to give all 5's but the stars above are not cooperating. Melissa was an amazing musician who arrived on time, set up, played every song we requested her to play beautifully, and then dismissed herself after her time was up discreetly so the wedding could progress to the next part. I highly recommend her to play for any occasion. She is a delightful person and a great harpist. Overall rating in each area is a 5+!!!
    Terri Matus

Sent on 05/06/2014

Sharon · Married on 04/25/2014

Melissa Tardiff Dvorak provided wonderful music for our wedding and cocktail hour. Our guests commented on the beauty and quality of the music. Melissa was extremely professional and easy to work with. She arrived early, played the music we'd requested, and went beyond our expectations. She added a lovely atmosphere to our wedding that will remain in our hearts forever. You'll be very happy with her service if you use Melissa.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Teres · Married on 04/12/2014

We were thrilled with Melissa Tardiff! She played the Harp at my daughter’s wedding at Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, VA and she played beautifully! We were a bit late getting out of the starting gate :/ but no one minded the delay - our guests commented on how much they enjoyed just listening to her play! My father passed away several years ago and my daughter wanted to acknowledge him by playing one of his favorite songs before the actual ceremony began – while guests were being seated. We asked Melissa if she would play it and although the particular version we wanted wasn’t on her list she got the music and learned the song for us!! She was awesome! I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for a great harpist for their special event!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Rebecca · Married on 03/23/2014

She was great, helped me pick out a song for the processional!

Sent on 04/04/2014
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 03/07/2014

She was wonderful! The music was exactly what I imagined for walking down the aisle. She was quick at getting back to us and very professional.

Sent on 04/10/2014

Stacy · Married on 10/13/2013

Wonderful musician, very flexible and extremely easy to work with throughout the planning process! We left it up to Melissa to choose the selections for my daughters wedding reception and we could not have been more pleased! Through her talents and that of the flutist who joined her, the combination was well received by all of our guests and to this day, we are hearing more positive comments about these fine women! The atmosphere in the room, while the harp was playing, was so well balanced, with the music to assist in the calm feeling during cocktail hour and dinner. I look forward to the opportunity to have Melissa play for us again in the future!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Melissa played at our wedding ceremony. We had an indoor venue with high ceiling and her beautiful music filled the space with elegance. All guests were very impressed. She has been highly responsive alone the process of our wedding planning and she arrived very early on the wedding day. We don't know how she managed moving the instrument in and out but she just magically did it without seeking for any help from us! It is definitely one of the best decisions to have Melissa's service on our wedding.

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • User2040247 · 2+ years ago

Having heard samples of Melissa's music on her website, I was really excited to hear her in person. She did not disappoint!! Melissa has an amazing gift for playing the harp and was an excellent addition to our ceremony! All nights I heard compliments from guests on how beautiful the music was.

Sent on 03/23/2013
  • Jamila & Clint

Jamila & Clint · Married on 09/15/2012

Melissa did an awesome job at the our wedding ceremony. She sounded just like the samples I heard on her website. Her music was soft and beautiful and added an elegant touch to our ceremony. Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Kristina · Married on 08/03/2012

Melissa was wonderful! Very easy to deal with and made wonderful suggestions for our ceremony music! She was quick to respond and very easy to work with!! Highly recommend her :)

Sent on 08/13/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/18/2012

We really wanted a harpist at our wedding. When looking in the area for a harpist, we found Melissa Tardiff Dvorak. She has recordings online that sound so good, they gave us chills!

Melissa was easy to work with. We selected our songs beforehand, setup payment online, and coordinated prior to the ceremony. Her Harp was beautiful and her playing was magical in person. We felt that Melissa really helped add a special touch to our wedding day and highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Stacey · Married on 03/31/2012

Melissa was early and responsive to any and all requests. She responded wonderfully to a last minute change to our ceremony. She played beautifully and we would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/05/2012

Katherine · Married on 03/24/2012

Melissa played for us our wedding on 3/24/12, she was wonderful! The planning process with Melissa was so easy going. She was always attentive and responded back to our emails promptly. Her music selections are extensive and she is willing to work with you to learn a new piece for your special day.

We've gotten so many wonderful comments complimenting Melissa. Melissa thank you again for really making our day memorable! You were superb!

Sent on 04/10/2012
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 11/11/2011

Melissa made my wedding so beautiful! When I heard her music online, I was suprised when I met her and heard her play in person, her music sounded just like it did online. I was so happy to have her at my wedding. I wish I could use her services again. Thank you, Melissa!

Sent on 02/12/2012

Susan · Married on 10/23/2011

Melissa was a joy to work with. She is very accomplished and professional and provided absolutely beautiful music for our wedding. Her website was very helpful, giving us guidance when it was time for us to choose music to be played during the ceremony. When we met with her, she gave us great suggestions for our playlist. I highly recommend Melissa as the best harpist in the DC area.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Jeff · Married on 09/04/2011

Melissa is a very talented harpist and very easy to work with. We requested that only Beatles songs be played for our ceremony, and Melissa learned several new songs to make that happen. Melissa is very responsive and if you choose to hire her, you can rest assured that she will add something special to your wedding with a beautiful and professional performance.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Kelly · Married on 09/03/2011

Melissa's music was beautiful and perfect for our ceremony and cocktail hour. She was very good at recommending music and was very prompt in answering my emails. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/06/2011