Melissa Sue Photography Reviews

51 | Denver, CO

51 Reviews for Melissa Sue Photography

Chad · Married on 05/29/2016

Melissa did our wedding in Loveland, CO. Everything was amazing! She was so organized, it was almost like having a second wedding coordinator there with us. The photos were incredible, the coaching she gave was smooth, fun, and friendly, and the shots she captured were brilliant. She was flexible with timing issues during the reception, and her smile was a welcome addition to the whole party. We loved the whole experience! -Molly and Chad Tabary, married May 2016.

Sent on 07/10/2016
  • User6820817 · 2+ years ago

We can't say enough about how AMAZING Melissa was for our wedding. Easy to get along with and be comfortable with, SO flexible (we must have emailed back and forth about 10 different spots for our First Look photos before we finally settled on one that was JUST right), SO artistic with her shots, she handled our ginormous extended family for family photos without breaking a sweat (I'm talking easily 100 people here), and generous with her time (she isn't the photographer who, right at the 4 hours that you paid for, declares that she's done. She puts her whole self into her work and obviously enjoys herself while doing it.) Neither of our families are super rich, and she worked with budget to give us everything that we needed and hoped for. If we had more money to budget with, we would've booked her for the whole day! OH, and she was fantastic in getting our pictures back to us. Much faster than anticipated- we've been married for 3 weeks, and spent the past week staring at all of our photos trying to decide which one to put on our wall!

THANKS MELISSA!!
    <3 the McEntires

Sent on 06/10/2016

Lauren · Married on 12/19/2015

We absolutely loved her!
    We tried out three different engagement photographers and none of them gave us as many wonderful pictures as Melissa! We had so much fun! She made our perfect day even more magical!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Kaci · Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot recommend Melissa enough. Not only did our wedding and engagement pictures turn out fantastic (obviously pretty important when selecting a photographer) but Melissa herself is so nice to work with. I could seriously write so many good things-she helped my mom bustle my dress, she dealt with our families well during group shots, and when the person to help with our dog flaked for our engagement session she ended up holding the leash while taking pictures. Plus, her turnaround time is insanely fast. We waited less than a month for 800+ pictures. Great pictures, great energy, all around great!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Christopher · Married on 08/22/2015

Melissa was our wedding photographer, and we couldn't have asked for more on our special day! From the first meeting to the final delivery of photos, Melissa was helpful, easy to talk with, willing to work with any questions we had, and had a cheerful, positive attitude through it all! She was quick and efficient at getting all the family shots without being pushy. She was creative and fun to work with, always leaving the focus on us and not herself. Melissa was always there to capture the special moments and didn't make herself "obvious" while doing so. In addition, her past knowledge of weddings was crucial in helping us with our own wedding timeline. We received so many amazing photos, and she didn't miss anything! The turnaround was quick and the process for receiving the photos was uncomplicated with lots of freedom to use the photos as we wish. My wife and I highly recommend Melissa for outstanding photos and amazing value. We recommend her more for her kindness, genuine attitude, and passion for her craft. Thanks, Melissa!

Sent on 09/20/2015

madison · Married on 07/20/2015

Melissa is a wonderful photographer. She was professional and met every single need of the day. She captured so many special moments for my husband and I, we couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Elysse · Married on 06/27/2015

Photography was at the top of my list of wedding to dos. I of course wanted amazing pictures, I knew I had to have two photographers, and I had a limited budget. Finding Melissa Sue Photography was amazing because her prices fit into my budget, I could have two photographers, and she is a genuinely nice person to work with. They did a great job the day of our wedding and getting our pictures back was like reliving the day, they truly captured the magic and love and I could not be more pleased!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Shaina · Married on 06/25/2015

Choosing Melissa to be my photographer for my wedding was the best decision I made! I never imagined that I would be able to look back at my wedding photos and have all the same feelings I experienced on my wedding day. Melissa did just that! She made me feel comfortable and is so sweet! All my guests were so impressed and just raving about her. My advice to anyone who is planning a wedding is to spend your money on a great photographer. It is so worth it!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Melissa was so flexible and friendly. She answered all of my questions so quickly and made me feel at ease knowing she would be capturing every great moment of the wedding. Melissa is truly an amazing photographer and I am so thankful to have had her as mine and my husbands photographer.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Melissa was awesome! She was very flexible, which was so nice because we had to change plans last minute. We were going to be taking pictures in the afternoon, but learned the weather was going to be bad. When we called Melissa to ask about doing pictures that morning, she was totally willing. My sister is also getting married and is using Melissa because she loved my pictures that Melissa did.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Christine · Married on 03/28/2015

Melissa did such an amazing job for us. Our engagement pictures were incredible. And I have never felt prettier than I did in my wedding pictures! Melissa was always on time and had unique ideas for picture. She was also very efficient and I did not feel like I spent my who wedding day taking pictures. Melissa was recommended to me and I would encourage anyone getting married to use Melissa!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Stacey · Married on 11/26/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer ! She was amazing ! She captured so many little details that meant so much to us. Our wedding was a destination wedding in mexico! She was full of so many great ideas. She went around the resort and found the most amazing spots for our photos that all turned out beautiful ! We have received so many compliments on our photos. She helped us realize exactly what we wanted out of our pictures . She captured the day perfectly ! She was so calm and so fun to work with ! She wasn't just our photographer she became our friend . We were so happy with all of our photos . I recommend her to all I know and will continue to always use her !! Thank you Melissa for capturing the best day of our lives !!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Kristin · Married on 09/06/2014

The photography for our wedding was so important to me, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience with Melissa. We did an engagement session with her and had a blast, she assisted us with some poses which turned out beautifully and didn't feel forced at all. Our wedding photos are above and beyond what we could have hoped for, and we were very grateful for the affordable pricing that she offers. We gave Melissa free reign and completely trusted her to take the shots that she wanted to (I'd recommend doing the same!) but she was 100% willing to take some specific shots and silly poses that we had planned on as well. The lighting in the photos is wonderful, she took some lovely sunset shots and had no trouble inside of our venue where there was low/artificial light. It's clear that she truly loves what she does, she truly will tear up at your wedding :) She helped us to plan out our timeline, our first look, and more. Melissa has a very calm and super friendly personality, she was always smiling and genuinely fit in at our wedding like a friend/family member. I would recommend Melissa to ANY future bride, we will enjoy her photos in our home forever and return to her for any future photo sessions.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2014

First off, let me say that I would NEVER choose anyone other than Melissa to do photos of any sort! We started off doing engagement pictures with her probably almost a year before our wedding. We met that day and she was friendly right off the bat. We were able to feel comfortable with her taking intimate pictures of us, and she was very fun to be around! She knew all of the right "poses" and pictures to take, and we left with a great impression. Then, I did boudoir pictures with her as a surprise wedding gift to my husband. I was pretty nervous but Melissa made it so easy! She had it so well organized at a beautiful hotel with wine and an amazing makeup artist! Again, she knew all of the right pictures to take and made me feel comfortable with no clothes on! By the time our wedding came around, I felt as if she was one of the guests, like we would have invited her even if she wasn't our photographer. She captured all of our special moments and practically spent them all with us! We wouldn't have changed a thing and I will miss the fact that I don't have any scheduled events that would mean seeing her again!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Brianna · Married on 06/30/2014

Melissa is awesome! She was so friendly and creative and wasn't afraid of anything in order to get a good shot! Very professional and great with everyone. Our engagement session turned out perfect and our wedding pictures were everything we could have hoped for! Just a wonderful experience overall. We will definitely use her again in the future and recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Briana · Married on 06/21/2014

We were so thrilled and relieved to find Melissa for our wedding. From the beginning she was easy to work with and prompt to respond to messages. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of the camera, but photos with Melissa always felt relaxed, and our pictures turned out AMAZING. I loved that nothing turned out too posed or unnatural. Melissa also went the extra mile on my wedding day by bustling my dress!

The package we chose was an INSANE value, and all the canvas, prints, album, and digital photos received after the wedding were packaged beautifully. We wish Melissa lots of success with her growing business! Book her now before she's too busy!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Lynsey · Married on 05/11/2014

I couldn't have picked a better photographer. Melissa did a free shoot for us a while back and the photos were great. We decided to use her for our wedding photos because not only is she a great photographer she is affordable to. We didn't have any specific requests with the wedding. I knew she would capture everything perfectly. Our engagement session was wonderful and we loved every photo. Our wedding was supposed to be a spring wedding in the middle of May but it turned out Mother Nature had another plan. We had a huge blizzard. I was a complete mess as a bride yet Melissa did a wonderful job assuring me everything would be perfect. She stepped up to the plate taking photos in the snow and they turned out beautifully. She never once complained about any of it which helped me calm down and not make the weather such a big deal. It was a beautiful day and our photos are absolutely gorgeous. I am so glad we were introduced to Melissa. We have yet have had a bad photo by her even when working with my crazy kiddos she catches a great photo!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Kate · Married on 05/10/2014

Melissa is absolutely amazing, both in her professional photography services and as a person. She takes the time to get to know you as a couple beforehand and to understand what aspects of the wedding are most important. We both felt that she really captured the meaning and essence of our wedding and then took that above and beyond all expectations! Her talent is nothing less than incredible...she is comfortable behind the camera, confident in her work , and made us feel at ease. We are not creative or artsy people, so it was important to us to find a photographer that would take charge and do the thinking and creating for us, someone who would start snapping shots of a funny moments or little details without being asked or prompted...to capture the entirety of that day, the stuff we miss as bride and groom busy with our guests. And Melissa did just that and much more. The attention to detail, and the care and passion is very evident in her work - and that meant a lot to us. She is also a gem to be around! Fun and easy going, comfortable in a situation full of strangers.... my family actually thought she was one of our friends who just happened to be a photographer, they kept asking me how my friend Melissa was doing! We felt the same, she fit in so well, she was like part of our friends and family.

Sent on 08/19/2014

meggan · Married on 04/26/2014

Melissa is AMAZING. She is willing to do exactly what you want/envision or to provide suggestions and ideas when you need them. She was able to quickly put my husband and I at ease during our engagement shoot (priceless!) because she's just one of those people that you instantly feel comfortable with. Melissa's photos are beautiful - classic but fresh, romantic but not cheesy. She is so talented. Her pricing is SUPER competitive. Our venue was a little tricky for photographs, but Melissa handled it all with ease and blended right into the festivities.

When Melissa entered my hotel room 20 minutes before the ceremony to find complete and utter chaos she politely asked if I would like to take some pictures outside of the room before the ceremony started and we promptly left. She saved me - she saw that I needed a few minutes away from my crazy family and she stepped in...I wanted to hug her at that moment.

Do yourself a favor and check out Melissa's website - you can't get more beautiful pictures at a better value anywhere else. She is one of the best wedding decisions I made!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Tiffany · Married on 04/19/2014

Melissa is beyond amazing! When I saw our wedding photos I was speechless. They were stunning! I will use Melissa for all my photographer needs. Melissa was so easy to work with and made wedding day photos a breeze. She captured the best moments at my wedding and I will forever be grateful. You will not be disappointed using Melissa Sue Photography.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Jill · Married on 12/19/2013

We hired Melissa Sue Photography for our first Son's wedding, the price, the experience and the beautiful, creative photos were so amazing that we then hired her for our other three children's wedding! She has also taken our family portrait along with 2 of our nieces wedding. Her incredible work speaks for itself but her fun enthusiasm, and energy make the overall experience better than you could ever imagine. We are so grateful to have found her as she will be our family photographer forever!!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2013

Melissa is FABULOUS!!! One in a million! She was a blast to work with through every step of the planning process! Her work is beautiful and it is evident she LOVES what she does. She is an amazing young woman and fabulous photographer! We highly recommend her and hope to have her photograph the milestones throughout our lifetime. - Jen & Cory

Sent on 10/06/2013

tammy · Married on 09/14/2013

Melissa is a fantastic photographer! She becomes a part of your wedding instead of hired help. Her photos are beautiful and really capture the couple. I couldn't be happier with everything she has done for us. Our wedding was the Colorado Flood weekend and she helped me find a new venue, above and beyond what most photographers would do. I will use her again and again for family pictures and my children's senior portraits next year.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2013

Melissa was absolutely wonderful. I had reviewed some of her work before booking and was definitely intrigued but a little nervous, could she actually get these kinds of shots for MY wedding? I think most brides feel this way when choosing a photographer. However, as soon as I met with Melissa I immediately felt better. She did our engagement photos a couple months before the wedding and they turned out beautiful! Since the wedding, everyone has commented on how wonderful our pictures turned out and what an amazing job Melissa did. I even had a friend comment that as a guest she was happy because Melissa didn't interrupt the ceremony for the guests like many photographers do (and she still got all of the shots you want to see). She really captured the memories of that day and looking back, there isn't one picture I dislike or feel that she missed. I have done a couple sessions with Melissa now and will definitely be contacting her for any of my future photography needs. If you choose her for your wedding, I promise it is one less thing you will have to stress about.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Brandi · Married on 06/01/2013

A friend of mine recommended Melissa for my wedding. This wedding required almost 7 hours of travel one-way, a two-night stay in a hotel, a very hectic schedule, and a very big wedding party!
    After reviewing her pricing, my husband and I were extremely impressed and thought it to be one of those "too good to be true" deals... We were wrong!
    She includes a complimentary engagement session, but since we had already had ours done by a friend, she offered a boudoir session. She made me feel so comfortable and was able to really let her talent show through the pictures. My husband was thrilled with the outcome as you might expect! :)
    Then at the wedding, nothing seemed to go as planned, time-wise. Melissa was so flexible! She was able to improvise the timeline to get all of the pictures done and they were fantastic. After the wedding, the family pictures were so organized and went really fast! We also found some time to get some great couple shots, which was what I truly wanted! The outcome, again, was amazing! We have a very big portfolio with memories captured that we can enjoy for years to come! I will definitely use Melissa again!

Sent on 10/07/2013