Melissa Hoffmann Makeup and Hair Artist Reviews

San Jose, CA
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 12 Reviews
View more information

Ashley Married on 10/22/2016
    Melissa was beyond great to work with! She captured my desired makeup look: flawless, breathable, long-wearing & not overdone. A dedicated professional and a pleasure to work with. I continue to tell people that I come across in their wedding planning stages to choose their photographer and makeup/hair stylist wisely. Why? Mainly since you will be spending the majority of your wedding day with both so their personality and service add to the atmosphere of the day. Melissa was a calm presence in the bustle of getting ready. A part of the lovely memories of our day!
  • User1695426 2+ years ago
    Using Melissa for my hair and makeup on my wedding day was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. She was incredible. Not only did my makeup look natural and flawless, my hair stayed all night, and Melissa was a joy to work with. She was incredibly calming on what is inevitably a stressful and emotionally-charged day.

I had Melissa stay through my ceremony. During photos, she helped adjust my makeup, veil and hair so that it looked amazing in every picture. She also touched up my bridesmaids. And after the ceremony, which I cried through, she did some major touch ups so that I would look perfect for my party.

I highly recommend Melissa!! She is the best!
    Amber Married on 11/24/2013
    As a bride who never had makeup or hair done for an event before, I was nervous but Melissa is a wizard and the results during the trial were stunning, so I completely relaxed. When the big day came, Melissa did an AMAZING job on my makeup and hair -- and I was so very glad I asked her to do my mom's makeup and hair, too. We've really never looked better! I never planned on wearing much makeup, and the look she put together was PERFECT for me. Also, I felt like a goddess with the updo she created. So many people commented on my hair an makeup. Her work is amazing and as the bride, I can say that I felt completely pampered and beautiful the morning of my wedding day.
    Anne Married on 06/15/2013
    Melissa did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I LOVED the results. Everything held perfectly through the wind, the long day, and all the pictures. She patiently listened to the style I was looking for (even though I wasn't even sure and didn't have any of the vocabulary to explain) and made me look amazing. She also did my mother's hair and makeup for the wedding--equally stand out. She's easy to work with, fun, flexible, totally professional..and she made me feel like a princess on a stressful/intense day. I highly recommend her!
    Christine Married on 06/02/2013
    Having Melissa do my hair and makeup was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding. From the beginning, she was so organized and attentive to what I wanted. Though our intial makeup & hair trial lasted longer than expected, I never felt rushed; she didn't leave until she was sure that I was happy with how everything looked.

The day of my wedding, Melissa rolled with all the punches and worked tirelessly to get me and my bridesmaids ready on time. She brought along an extensive amount of supplies (including lighting!) to make us feel and look beautiful. I have sensitive eyes that tear easily, but Melissa was extremely patient and gentle in reapplying what had been messed up. Throughout the pre-ceremony pictures, she was right there, ready to lend a hand or jump in to touch up my makeup. After the ceremony, Melissa was efficient and quick in changing my hairstyle for the reception. I know everyone always tells the bride that she's beautiful, but I actually believed it that day, thanks to Melissa.

Melissa is such a sweet and friendly person to work with. My bridesmaids all loved her and everyone looked beyond gorgeous! She definitely made a huge difference at my wedding.
    Jessica Married on 10/03/2012
    Melissa did a great job on my makeup! I was so happy with how I looked and felt so pretty! I received so many positive comments! She came up with some great ideas and everything looked so flawless and natural on me! She is so friendly and personable as well as professional. I highly recommend her!
    Gail Married on 06/10/2012
    Melissa was an amazing artist! She was so professional, quick and on-time. I enjoyed working with her and loved that she listened and created a look I was really happy with. She's so friendly too that I felt like I was working with an old friend!
    I used her for myself and my wedding party and she did a fabulous job making us look our best. I was able to enjoy my wedding not worrying about touch-ups or how I looked. I would love to use her again for other events!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 05/18/2012
    I recently got married and hired Melissa to do my hair and makeup for both our engagement photos and wedding and couldn't be more thrilled. She is super friendly, organized and a great listener. Also, she was very prompt in returning emails, which made it easy to communicate and plan. It was such a pleasure working with her and I hope to work with her again in the future.

For our engagement shoot, I was happy to hear that Melissa would come to my house. I had a few photos picked out and we talked about what I was looking for in my "look". Melissa did an excellent job- she had the colors and "look" perfect. We were finished about 2 hours before the actual shoot and my hair + makeup lasted well through the shoot (and beyond) and I love the way it looked in our photos. So much so that I was positive I wanted to book her for our wedding!

For our wedding, we met prior for a consultation and trial (again at my house). She asked that I have pictures of what I liked and didn't like (which I thought was great). She took a good deal of time getting to know my skin, my daily regimen and what I was looking for in my wedding look. I loved my hair + makeup after my trial- she beautifully created the exact look I was going for. Luckily, it was my (now) husband's birthday that night so I got to show off my look at his party and his exact quote was "you need to do your makeup like that every day"!

The day of our wedding, Melissa came to my parents house with her associate and set up early. She was very organized and had previously sent me an itinerary with my bridesmaids names and times. The morning/afternoon went very smoothly and did not feel rushed at all. There was plenty of time and we all just enjoyed some music and each other's company. Everyone looked beautiful. After the trial, I was confident that I would be happy with my look, however I was blown away with how awesome my hair and makeup turned out. She added a little more flair to my hair; and the airbrush makeup was flawless. Melissa met us at the venue and stayed through ceremony and the after-pictures making touch-ups when necessary and changing up my hair a little bit for the reception before she took off. My hair and makeup lasted all night- through some joyful tears and plenty of dancing. My husband still talks about how beautiful I looked!
    Mindy Married on 09/17/2011
    Melissa is an amazing makeup artist! Not only is she super talented, she is also on top of all details. She always responded to my emails/calls within a business day. She also took a lot of time to do a "practice run" with my makeup. She really took her time to make sure it was exactly what I wanted. On the day of my wedding, she came early and was so flexible! I was running late and my attention was drawn in a million different directions - she took it all in stride and did such an AMAZING JOB! I have never looked, nor felt, so beautiful! She really transformed me and really listened to what I wanted. I just love her and can't recommend her enough. Loved that she left me with my own Mac lip gloss for touch ups throughout the day!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 07/09/2011
    Melissa was so wonderful to work with on our wedding day! She arrived early and gave each of my bridesmaids and mom the personal attention they deserve! She is so sweet and calm that we were all at ease, which was particularly great on such an important day.
    The makeup was flawless and I am now a life-long supporter of airbrush foundation. It makes such a difference in the photos and made me feel like a more confident bride! Oh and the eyeliner was to die for! So gorgeous!
    I cannot recommend Melissa enough. I received so many compliments about how I was simply glowing that day and I owe that partly to Melissa and partly to my husband!
    Amanda Married on 07/04/2011
    Melissa made me feel like a princess, I am not a big make-up person and didn't know what to expect , I didn't want to feel like I had a ton of make-up on and look over done and I was pleasantly suprised at how light it felt on me. When I told her to go with what she thought looked best on me because I hadn't a clue as to what would she was spot on with everything!

I recommend anyone wanting someone who is very personable and clean and overall a nice genuine person to work with Melissa, you will not be disapointed!
    Shelley Married on 06/25/2011
    She was wonderful!!! all my bridesmaids looked GORGEOUS!! And ive never had so many complements at how beautiful I looked!! Even some of my guest that are brides are going to be using Melissa, She is just awesome at her job!!