78 Reviews for Melissa Coe Ceremonies

Presbyterian (1)
No Denomination (1)
Unitarian (1)
78 Melissa Coe Ceremonies Reviews

AMAZING!!! She was fun to work with and my guests favorite part about the wedding was our ceremony, which thanks to Melissa was perfect! The ceremony was exactly what we wanted and it was incredible personal to us. If you get the chance to work with her, I would jump on the opportunity. She is easy to work with, creates an entirely personalized ceremony and goes above and beyond in so many ways!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

Melissa was an absolutely amazing officiant. She took the time to meet both of us and really get to know what was important to us in a wedding ceremony. She then put together a ceremony that was both incredibly personal and beautifully written. Multiple guests told us later that they were just blown away by how beautiful our ceremony had been. Additionally, she made a special effort to make sure that the wording was consistent with our values and gave us absolute veto power, which made us feel comfortable that there would be no surprises. We would absolutely give her the highest recommendation.

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/23/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We met with several officiants but Melissa was the first, and my wife and I both walked out of that meeting thinking "these other people are going to have to perform actual miracles to impress us more than she just did."

When we started seriously planning our wedding, the first thing we knew was that the traditional Western ceremony with its tuxedo and white dress -though we have nothing at all against it- just wasn't for us. We opted to have an Indo-Western wedding, a celebration of not only our love of one another but of the Indian culture and their incredibly intricate, colorful, and joyous marriage traditions. The Hindu wedding celebration is very elaborate and we wanted to incorporate many of these into our ceremony while still retaining some of the elements from the Western tradition (personal vows, etc.) and Melissa was invaluable in helping us research and structure our ideal wedding. She worked with us both separately to craft our story that she told to our guests, building that all out of my wife and I's words in what was a funny, extremely personal, and deeply emotional ceremony. Melissa even invited us an our wedding party in to her home for our rehearsal. We've been told by so many of our guests that, not only was there not a dry eye in the house, but ours was easily the best wedding they'd ever attended. They also couldn't stop gushing about Melissa herself.

As I waited to make my entrance, the panic and worry of our guests waiting, remembering the steps of our ceremony, and the monumental nature of the event, trying to hold on to my emotions, it was my mother and Melissa that kept me calm and collected. She walked upstairs and did just the same for my wife. You should look no further for your officiant than Melissa Coe. She made our wedding so much more than we could have imagined, effortlessly weaving together what often seemed like disparate threads into this grand, beautiful thing; and my wife and I were happy to gain a friend in the process.

Photos
Profile Picture Matthew, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We loved having Melissa as our officiant and we got so many compliments on our wedding ceremony! It was beautifully done and we would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I had a great experience with Melissa!! She is so awesome and created such a beautiful ceremony for us! We appreciated how she took the time to get to know us and our stories to make our ceremony more personalized to us! I love Melissa so much, she is such a sweet lady and she really takes care of things! We were totally confident in her and really loved having her be a part of our special day! :)

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/15/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Melissa Coe single-handedly made our wedding into the most amazing experience ever. We were just going to find someone to marry us and move on to the fun but after meeting with Melissa our whole world changed. She made our day the most special day. Her unique and exciting approach made her so incredibly fun to work with! She was our absolute favorite and not only transformed our wedding into the most meaningful day for us and our families and friends but also got us in touch with other equally amazing people. Our wedding would not have been the best wedding (beyond anything we could have ever imagined) without her. Everyone loved her! How she blended our stories with our vows went beyond any “typical” exchange. She invites your audience into the mix and personalizes your wedding in a way that everyone still talks about (almost a year later). We could not recommend anyone more than Melissa we feel so lucky to have found her and whenever anyone asks us for a recommendation her name is the first one we give out.

Profile Picture Tristin & Carrie, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Now that married life has settled in, we reflect often on our wedding. You were absolutely INCREDIBLE! The time you spent getting to know us through your established process and the way you crafted our ceremony truly captured the essence of our relationship. As we blend our family, the moments you created during the ceremony made a difference and positioned everything for our future. Our guests often reflect on the wedding. They talk about one moment they were laughing and the next moment they were crying....what perfection! Thank you Melissa. You created an emotional and memorable experience that was a dream come true.

Profile Picture Deborah, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Melissa was probably the best decision we had made during the wedding planning process. She was accessible and responded quickly to emails, detail oriented, and took delight in getting to know us not just as a couple but also as individuals. During our first meeting with her, we got to know her pretty well and she asked lots of questions about our relationship and our stories. We decided immediately that she was to be our officiant and cancelled all other meetings that same night. Melissa took the time to craft a personal and fun ceremony; everyone raved after the wedding, telling us it was the best ceremony they had been to. It was unique because she eloquently scripted our story, our favorite things about each other, and other fun details about our relationship that many of our guests didn't know. She made us laugh and get teary eyed, the guests definitely cried. And then at the end, she had all of our guests pronounce us husband and wife. The supportive atmosphere was overwhelming, in a good way!, and showed how truly magical of a writer she is. Melissa is not just an officiant, she is a celebrant who portrays stories in a unique and fun way. As a person, Melissa is loving, supportive through everything, and empowering. As a feminist, I struggled with looking forward to the ceremony when we first got engaged. Melissa made sure that we were seen as equals. I seriously appreciate everything she did. Who needs an officiant when you can have celebrant of a lifetime? Go for Melissa, she will make your day more special than you ever dreamed it could be.

Profile Picture Lyssi, 3/5/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic

Melissa is the only choice!!! The one and only because of who she is, what she represents, the quality and care of her work, and her dedication to getting to know you, your spouse, and their story. No one else could have told our story, the way she did!!! The love and humor she shared... it was real! Everyone in the room could feel it and shared the excitement! Rollie and I were so impressed with Melissa, even with her first impression, we knew she was the One! And we were not disappointed. She was there for us along the way, and spent quality time adding to our Love Story in ways we would have never thought of. If you hired anyone else that would be a mistake. Melissa is now our friend and you can do no wrong with her. She loves her couples, her work, and her relationships. I can't want to see her again!

Profile Picture Amy, 12/31/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Melissa is the ultimate in warmth and professionalism! She is so open and supportive of gay marriage, and there was no hesitation with her in sharing our story. She has a fun sense of humor that fit with ours so it was nice to know that we could be playful at the same time as building a sense of connection with our friends and family through the ceremony. Several friends at our wedding commented that they loved our Celebrant, asked where we found her, and stated that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever attended. We are definitely not overstating, and would recommend Melissa to anyone who is looking for a Celebrant/Officiant for their ceremony.

Profile Picture Sherri and Victoria, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Melissa was AMAZING. We found her on this service and she was highly rated. We met with her a year early because we wanted to make sure that we found the right person.

Melissa met us for coffee and asked us questions and gave us time to ask questions. We wanted a truly untraditional ceremony that would not upset our families but stay true to us.

Melissa was amazing about staying in contact, providing a questionnaire to get more information, sending suggestions for readings and vows. She made the process as painless as possible.

Flash forward to the wedding day, she showed up early to greet our guests (who absolutely loved her), she delivered our ceremony and everything. Guests cried, I couldn't stop crying. It was so amazing.

I would absolutely recommend Melissa. She made our day more amazing than words can say.

Profile Picture Laney, 11/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Melissa was AMAZING! Professional, fun, thoughtful, and very organized. Planning a wedding is a lot of work and stressful - but Melissa really helped make the day special and her input helped us in our planning, too. Our guests kept asking us, "Who was that lady you hired to officiate your ceremony? She did a phenomenal job!" Thank you for helping to make our wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture Ruban, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Open your heart to Melissa because she will surely open hers to you! I can't begin to tell you how much I was able to relax once she took the reins. Our ceremony was intensely personal and she sprinkled a few lighter thoughts into the mix... our small crowd was able to recognize us throughout the reading and our simple vows, ending with Live Long and Prosper and a flawless Spockian hand!
Hire her now before she gets booked up!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Melissa is truly amazing at what she does. She helped us create our vision for our ceremony - with her help, we were able to construct a ceremony truly authentic to who we are and our values. Melissa is very helpful all along the way - from resources for vows, readings and rituals, she's more than happy to help facilitate any traditions or beliefs intertwined into one ceremony. She even crafts a detailed script for everything that will happen in the ceremony, which was incredible for us and gave us peace of mind.

Early on, she also has a spectacular questionnaire where each individual gets to tell their story about who they are as well as about your loved one - really a wonderful way for her to craft the 'love story' in the ceremony.

Melissa was fabulously responsive, professional, gracious and empathic. She accommodated everything we wanted, including week of the wedding requests, and had a copy of our vows for us, which she handed to us at the correct time.

I cannot think of anything I would change about our ceremony, and that is in large part to the wonderful work of Melissa.

Profile Picture Mark, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Melissa Coe is so amazing! Everyone is still talking about our ceremony (now 5 months later) and how unique, fitting, and special it was! This was the favorite part of our day. We love Melissa and would recommend her 100 times over!!

Profile Picture Keely, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Melissa is creative, loving, enthusiastic, professional, and she really made our ceremony especially unique and fun for us as well as our guests. Her approach to creating and facilitating a wedding ceremony is something that I would recommend for any blended couple. She really worked with us to figure out how we could combine both of our cultures and values into our ceremony. She has a lot of experience and therefore plenty of suggestions to make a heartfelt and interesting ceremony that all could enjoy. Our guests raved about her and let us know that she facilitated the most engaging wedding ceremony they've attended.

Profile Picture Christina, 7/23/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony

Melissa blew us and our guests away with how intimate, customized, and unique the ceremony was!
We had done some research on officiants who performed same-sex marriages and Melissa’s page stood out to us. We could tell that she is a writer and a good story teller. My wife and I didn’t know what to expect from an officiant when we first met with Melissa, but she wowed us from the very beginning! She told us about her ceremonies and how she creates a custom ceremony for every couple, unlike other officiants who typically use a script or two and just insert your names. (Melissa prefers the term celebrant over officiant.) We decided to book her on the spot!
A few days later, she sent us “homework” to tell her about ourselves, our story, what we love about each other, etc. so she could include our love story and the details of our love for each other in the ceremony.
On the day of the wedding, she arrived at the venue early and fully prepared. The ceremony flowed very well. It wasn’t too stuffy or formal. Melissa made us laugh and cry. She entertained without taking the focus off of us. Afterwords, even the other vendors were raving about how awesome she and the whole ceremony was! When people who have seen numerous weddings make a point to tell you that your ceremony was the best they’ve ever seen, it speaks volumes to the quality of Melissa’s work!
I would HIGHLY recommend Melissa Coe to anyone in the Portland area!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Choosing Melissa as the celebrant to facilitate our ceremony was the easiest decision we made in the whole wedding! She is an absolute pleasure to work with and she will easily incorporate any requests you may have into your ceremony. She truly takes the time to understand each of her couples and is able to reflect their personalities in her process.
All of our friends and family were incredibly impressed with the heartfelt ceremony and also thought she had a beautiful speaking voice, creating a calm and happy moment for everyone. The ceremony was very important to us and we wanted someone who was kind hearted, thoughtful and easygoing to marry us on such a happy day. Melissa is all these things and more, she is truly an outstanding person and I highly recommend her for your wedding! 6 months later and people are still raving about it!!! We will always use her for any upcoming events. She leaves such a great long lasting impression with everyone who meets her.
Thank you Melissa for creating such a beautiful moment for both my husband and I! I am so happy we have such a wonderful memory to carry with us for the rest of our lives. I would highly recommend her to any and all couples, heterosexual or same-sex, religious or secular. She can do it all!

Profile Picture Kay, 5/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

It is impossible to say enough good things about Melissa! Every single guest has commented on the touching, funny, warm and personal ceremony. "That was the best ceremony I have ever seen!" say our guests from 16-86, Midwest to West coast and agnostic to devout. The planning is very interactive with Melissa sending questionnaires and ideas for readings and rituals. Both of you will really have to think and define what you want in the most important moment of your lives. Melissa took both our likes and must haves and blended together a perfect, custom ceremony. Even if everything else would have fallen apart (it didn't!), it would have been perfect! We cannot recommend Melissa Coe strongly enough!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Agnostic, Presbyterian, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

I used Melissa Coe for my elopement and couldn't have been more pleased! I rarely if ever give full 5-star reviews, but this woman deserves it. She is knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. She made a somewhat-complicated process 100% fun, smooth, and easy! A great local business with a true customer service focus. Hire her — you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User4273081, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Unitarian, Customized Vows

I can't express enough my thanks for doing such a completely wonderful, warm, funny, expressive and entirely charming ceremony. I had so many guests come up to me afterwards and tell me how incredible the service was and how delightful it was to learn about the couple's meeting, dating and marriage process. They felt they truly knew the background of Melissa and Steve and it added such a depth to the ceremony - I heard numerous times, "it was the best ceremony I've ever been to!" You captured the two of them to a tee.
- Carole Perkel, Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Carole, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

I saw Melissa do a wedding about a month prior to my wedding. I was there to help set up and didn't know the couple. As I listened to Melissa and the ceremony I cried, I laughed and knew I wanted her to marry us.
With Melissa you make your ceremony your very own, with your very own love story. Melissa is lovely, very easy to work with and has a great sense of humor. We highly recommend her for any event. Thank you Melissa!

Profile Picture Toni, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Melissa knows how to tell a love story!
What an incredible experience we had with Melissa as our officiant! If you're looking for someone who will listen to your story of how you fell in love and then make your special wedding day magical - Melissa Coe is your officiant! From our first conversation, we knew we had found the person we wanted to marry us and share in our special day. The whole process was enjoyable and completely stress-free! Melissa is so warm and kind - and makes it so easy to trust her with your love story!
We had over 60 guests at our wedding and EVERY ONE of them came up to us and commented about Melissa's delivery of our love story and how touched they were with the details. Many asked how we found her - that's how amazing she is in telling love stories in a way that captures hearts of attendees - and even made us, the bride and groom, fall in love all over again!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We found Melissa Coe online when looking for a wedding officiant who would be comfortable performing a same sex wedding. At our initial consultation, we found her to be warm, inquisitive, understanding and encouraging to share our story with her in complete comfort and confidence. Much to our delight she turned out to be the most amazing and outstanding individual we could have ever selected to perform and officiate on our special day.

Melissa has a clear talent for writing and crafting each couple's unique love story, encouraging each partner to share the details of how they found each other, fell in love, and made the choice to marry.
Melissa is confident and calm while performing the ceremony. Instantly, the couple knows everything they worry about potentially happening on their wedding day will be handled calmly, confidently, and maturely. She begins each ceremony with her inclusive way of drawing in all the guests to participate, sets the stage, choreographs the event, and allows the couple to focus completely on each other during the ceremony, knowing all the while you're in such great hands.

Melissa is such a fine quality person, lives her values, and clearly is one of the best in her field. We had the absolute time of our lives on our wedding day in large part to her and how she told and shared our love story to our family, friends, and guests. Wow, is all we can say. Melissa is a class act, a classy lady, and I don't think we could ever write a review to do her justice. But, every person we spoke with about our ceremony found it to be one of the most memorable weddings they had ever attended, they couldn't stop talking about how wonderful Melissa was, and how they were so moved to tears throughout the event.

We would recommend her with the highest regard for any occasion you would need.

Profile Picture Leah, 9/13/15, 1 Review