Melanie Sorrow Hair Reviews

28 | Braselton, GA

28 Reviews for Melanie Sorrow Hair

Melanie did a great job for my daughters wedding! She and Ava did a great job working on 6 of us! She was calm and confident and we were happy with the results!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Ann · Married on 05/21/2016

4.2

Melanie was super flexible and came to us to do our hair. After sitting on it a few days, I wasn't completely happy with my first hair trial, she managed to reschedule a few things so we could get a second trial in, and we Nailed it. My hair looked great the day of the wedding and all of my bridesmaids looked amazing. Melanie came in on time, and managed to get everyone done right on schedule.
    She was great to work with!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Katherine Chavez · Married on 08/24/2019

Not professional

I found Melanie on instagram and saw that she had a lot of good reviews so that’s why I decided to book her for my wedding and scheduled a trail to meet at her place. She made me sign a contract with her which I respected and assumed it was something serious since it is a contract. After that she wasn’t really responding quick to my text messages and I had to reach her on instagram to get ahold of her. My trail was scheduled at 12:00pm at her place. I got to the trial right at 12:00pm she didn’t really greet herself to me when she first opened the door and just said “come in”, I was the one that gave her my hand for a hand shake so from the start I didn’t feel welcomed and then had to wait about 15-20 minutes because she was with another client before me. Then whenever she started on my hair and I showed her pictures of styles I was looking for she kept on saying that the pictures I was showing her were on blonde hair and some were wigs and because I was a brunette it wasn’t going to look the same. I didn’t feel comfortable when she kept emphasizing that issue that she was having about the color of my hair and she kept saying my hair was heavy. When she started to work on my hair she kept emphasizing as well that she kept getting lost in my hair when she was trying to style it because my hair was so dark again I felt like she was trying to belittle me because of my hair color and in a way discriminating me because of it. I feel like if you’re saying you’re a hairstylist you can achieve any hair style no matter if your hair color is pink, purple, orange, black , brown , or blonde. She also kept saying that those hairstyles were on wigs that she created and it wasn’t going to look the same on my hair. Most of the Hair styles that she post on instragram are on wigs. So by what she’s saying she can’t really create the same look on natural human hair. My appointment started late and then she didn’t finish til 2:40pm and I still wasn’t happy with my hair but I was running late on other appointments and by everything that she told me about my “dark hair “ really wasn’t happy. She was quick to charge me so I paid her. I went about my day with my appointments I had and didn’t get back to my house til around 6pm my hairstyle that she created was not looking the same and looked very sloppy by the end of the day and one of the elastics that Melanie put on my hair broke. I texted her and told her what had happened the same day and that I didn’t feel comfortable with my hair that only lasted about 3 hours . For a wedding I need my hair to last longer then that if I’m going to be paying so much for it. She didn’t reply until the Next day in the afternoon telling me that she will be “ happy to release me from my contract”. She didn’t even try to make things better and see what she could do . She obviously had an issue with me and just immediately said that. I told her that if that’s what she wanted to do since SHE was the one releasing ME from the contract that I wanted my money back. She gave me my money back because I asked for it. If not she would have just kept it and called it a day. That is the only reason I’m giving a one star to this rating because she returned my money back that I asked for, which was a lot not just a few dollars. Please be careful with the way you find vendors. And vendors should be more specific with their biographies on their websites and if they don’t want to deal with brunettes then they should say that. She is not professional at all. I just read some reviews about her on wedding wire and some people also didn’t like their first hair trail and she went back and made another trail for them and made it better but she couldn’t do that for me. Now it really has me wondering if she’s discriminating me for my race as well. I’m a Latina by the way.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Melanie Sorrow Hair's reply:

I truly value all my beautiful brides. My main goal is for a bride to feel comfortable with her wedding hairstyle. I apologize again for any inconvenience.