Melanie Sorrow Hair Reviews

Melanie Sorrow Hair 3
Melanie Sorrow Hair 4
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 09/29/2018

Melanie is spot on with her skills, upbeat personality & professionalism!! She was just fantastic with all the girls (including our little flower girls)!!! We had an out of state destination wedding & communication leading up to our big day was so easy!!! We highly highly recommend Melanie!! She’s so easy to work with & is super sweet!!! Thank you for making our big day a huge success!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Melanie Sorrow Hair 7
    Melanie Sorrow Hair 8

Shannon · Married on 07/14/2018

Melanie was amazing! She did a trial for my wedding hair, and then when I changed my mind and wanted another trial she was very patient and had some great ideas. I love that she doesn't believe in "crunchy" hair and everything looked natural on my big day. My bridesmaids loved her too - fantastic!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Jessie · Married on 06/24/2018

I told Melanie on my wedding day, “You have a very calming presence, and I really appreciate it right now!” I was in the midst of trying. It to freak out while several things we’re going wrong at once. Melanie told me it was all fine and everything would work out and it did! So, not only did she do an amazing job on my hair, my bridesmaids’s hair and my moms’s hair, she was just an all around great person to have with me on my wedding day. I loved my trial. I loved my hair on the day of. It lasted ALL NIGHT and still looked as flawless at midnight as it did at noon.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Linda · Married on 04/27/2018

Melanie was absolutely incredible. My hairdo was amazing and everyone at the wedding loved it. I had compliments on my hair and still am from wedding pictures. My hair stayed and did not mess up at all, which I really loved! I would definitely recommend Melanie for every bride to be because it was such a great experience!!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Anna · Married on 03/16/2018

Melanie was the best! I had a hairstyle in mind, and she was so helpful me tailor it to my hair type. I have such thin and fine hair, and she managed to make me look like I had the thickest and most voluminous hair ever! She also did a wonderful job of styling my entire wedding party. She created a schedule prior to the wedding day, and boy did she stick to it! I can't thank Melanie enough for make me look so beautiful on my wedding day!!! Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 03/23/2018

Karen · Married on 12/10/2016

As a wedding planner, I come across several hair stylists and have absolutely loved working with Melanie over the past few years. I love her work so much that I trusted her with my own wedding recently and am so glad that I did. She's calm and patient, which is very much needed and appreciated when wedding day nerves can sometimes get the best of you. My hair looked exactly how I wanted it to and it stayed all night long!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Diana · Married on 05/28/2016

Melanie did an amazing job on my hair! It looked absolutely gorgeous in the pictures, and it stayed beautifully the entire day. She was very accommodating to my wedding day schedule (involving an early morning hairstyle and a touch-up in the afternoon).

Sent on 06/23/2016
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/10/2016

Melanie did an amazing job on the whole bridal party and I couldn’t be more thrilled! We had a wide variety ages, hair types, and hairstyles, from my 11-year-old junior bridesmaid to my 88-year-old grandmother, and everyone was so happy with their look. I absolutely love my half-up, half-down style with hair extensions and I felt like I looked exactly the way I always dreamed of. You can see pics of everyone here: https://www.facebook.com/nicole.sorrow.3/media_set?set=a.10154130254980097.677790096&type=3

Sent on 06/26/2016

Amanda · Married on 03/19/2016

Melanie and I have worked together for a long time and I trusted to hire her to do my hair for my wedding in March. She did a beautiful job on my hair as well as my mom and my bridesmaids. Everybody talked about how beautiful the hair was, how nice Melanie is and how the hair stayed curled and PERFECTLY in place the entire day and night. I would happily recommend Melanie Salon to anybody needing on-location hair services. She is the best!

Sent on 04/22/2016
  • Anna Maria

Anna · Married on 11/21/2015

I have been in search for a ON-SITE hair stylist for what seems like forever. I am a firm believer that you need to be a good "mach" with other vendors, and I just never got that feeling with other stylists I worked/talked with. Melanie was amazing from the get go. She responded immediately to my emails and answered all my questions. Initially, I only needed a stylist to do my hair so when we signed the contract, I only included myself. A few days later I realized that I will need some help with my family's hair, and e-mailed asking her if she wouldn't mind doing their hair as well. She didn't hesitate! All while keeping me calm about my tight timeline. She ensured me it would all be done on time and look fabulous. We have scheduled my hair trial for October, and I am so excited to work with her! She has been so proactive by emailing me and asking for pictures of my look, which I really appreciate. I will update in October and November regarding my experience with Melanie, but I am sure I will have nothing but positive things to say. Melanie is insanely talented, kind, professional, and her prices are very reasonable for an on-site hair stylist!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Ashlyn · Married on 07/25/2015

Melanie and her team were incredible!! Handled 15 girls getting updo's on the morning of our wedding, all while being AHEAD Of schedule! Unheard of! Melanie creates incredible hairstyles with a great attitude and incredible value. SO thankful that we found her!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Brenna · Married on 06/13/2015

Melanie was wonderful to work with! I hired her to do bridal hair for me and my bridesmaids at my wedding. Melanie is very professional, and responded quickly to all emails. She was also flexible with the location and starting time. All of my bridesmaids looked stunning with their up-dos, and they all loved her work. Melanie did an AMAZING job with my hair! I received so many compliments all night! On the wedding day, my hair looked even better than it did at the trial run, and it stayed put all night. Melanie provided a fun and relaxing atmosphere the morning of the wedding. I could not have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend her to any bride in search of a wedding day hair stylist!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Melanie was great!!! She was quick to respond, much more reasonably priced than many others I considered and so good at what she does! I live in TX and was only able to do the trial run the day after Thanksgiving and she was happy to accommodate. I had no idea what I really wanted and she pulled together a look I loved. The day of the wedding she and her assistant were great. Things went smoothly - we ran a little short on time, but she managed to get everyone finished on time and looking great! Definitely don't waste your (or your bridesmaid's) money by using the more expensive folks - Melanie is awesome!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Melanie did my hair for my wedding and was wonderful to work with- we had a trial session and she recreated it perfectly my wedding day. Loved working with her she was flexible with meeting times. Also, her prices are not ridiculous like some I saw online! I highly recommend her services :)

Sent on 08/27/2014

Lyndsay · Married on 05/25/2014

There are a few things that were important to me in a wedding vendor:

1 - willingness to communicate via email/text (it's more efficient and easier for me)
    2 - quality of work
    3 - personality (I like laid-back and friendly people)
    4 - response time

Melanie met all of my requirements and exceeded all of my expectations. She was on time not only for our consultation, but also on my wedding day, and she planned the amount of time she needed to complete everyone perfectly.

I love Melanie's personality, too, so the process was fun, not just beautiful!

Thanks, Melanie!

Sent on 06/20/2014

mary · Married on 05/10/2014

Melanie and her team were absolutely fabulous! She made it easy for me to meet with her for my trials and understood exactly what I wanted for my hair and make up! She helped calm my nerves before the big day and asked questions to ensure I was happy with her work. Not only did I feel beautiful, but all my girls were stunning! I will absolutely recommend Melanie to all brides out there!!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Jenna · Married on 08/10/2013

Melanie did an amazing job on my hair! It looked absolutely perfect and she was willing to work with my requests. I wanted my hair a little differently after the trial and she was able to accommodate that. I got married at 12:30 pm and needed to be ready by 10:00 am. She and her assistant came all the way to my house early in the morning and was able to get me plus all of my bridesmaids. Everyone's hair looked amazing and it lasted all day. Melanie and her assistant were the nicest people ever. I highly recommend Melanie!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Vanessa · Married on 10/11/2015

I had the pleasure to have Melanie do my hair for my wedding! I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she made it happen! I absolutely loved my hair! I look like a princess! My hair lasted all day and night! She is just amazing! So easy to work with. I totally recommend her for your special day!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Melanie did a great job for my daughters wedding! She and Ava did a great job working on 6 of us! She was calm and confident and we were happy with the results!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Ann · Married on 05/21/2016

4.2

Melanie was super flexible and came to us to do our hair. After sitting on it a few days, I wasn't completely happy with my first hair trial, she managed to reschedule a few things so we could get a second trial in, and we Nailed it. My hair looked great the day of the wedding and all of my bridesmaids looked amazing. Melanie came in on time, and managed to get everyone done right on schedule.
    She was great to work with!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Katherine Chavez · Getting married on 08/24/2019

Not professional

I found Melanie on instagram and saw that she had a lot of good reviews so that’s why I decided to book her for my wedding and scheduled a trail to meet at her place. She made me sign a contract with her which I respected and assumed it was something serious since it is a contract. After that she wasn’t really responding quick to my text messages and I had to reach her on instagram to get ahold of her. My trail was scheduled at 12:00pm at her place. I got to the trial right at 12:00pm she didn’t really greet herself to me when she first opened the door and just said “come in”, I was the one that gave her my hand for a hand shake so from the start I didn’t feel welcomed and then had to wait about 15-20 minutes because she was with another client before me. Then whenever she started on my hair and I showed her pictures of styles I was looking for she kept on saying that the pictures I was showing her were on blonde hair and some were wigs and because I was a brunette it wasn’t going to look the same. I didn’t feel comfortable when she kept emphasizing that issue that she was having about the color of my hair and she kept saying my hair was heavy. When she started to work on my hair she kept emphasizing as well that she kept getting lost in my hair when she was trying to style it because my hair was so dark again I felt like she was trying to belittle me because of my hair color and in a way discriminating me because of it. I feel like if you’re saying you’re a hairstylist you can achieve any hair style no matter if your hair color is pink, purple, orange, black , brown , or blonde. She also kept saying that those hairstyles were on wigs that she created and it wasn’t going to look the same on my hair. Most of the Hair styles that she post on instragram are on wigs. So by what she’s saying she can’t really create the same look on natural human hair. My appointment started late and then she didn’t finish til 2:40pm and I still wasn’t happy with my hair but I was running late on other appointments and by everything that she told me about my “dark hair “ really wasn’t happy. She was quick to charge me so I paid her. I went about my day with my appointments I had and didn’t get back to my house til around 6pm my hairstyle that she created was not looking the same and looked very sloppy by the end of the day and one of the elastics that Melanie put on my hair broke. I texted her and told her what had happened the same day and that I didn’t feel comfortable with my hair that only lasted about 3 hours . For a wedding I need my hair to last longer then that if I’m going to be paying so much for it. She didn’t reply until the Next day in the afternoon telling me that she will be “ happy to release me from my contract”. She didn’t even try to make things better and see what she could do . She obviously had an issue with me and just immediately said that. I told her that if that’s what she wanted to do since SHE was the one releasing ME from the contract that I wanted my money back. She gave me my money back because I asked for it. If not she would have just kept it and called it a day. That is the only reason I’m giving a one star to this rating because she returned my money back that I asked for, which was a lot not just a few dollars. Please be careful with the way you find vendors. And vendors should be more specific with their biographies on their websites and if they don’t want to deal with brunettes then they should say that. She is not professional at all. I just read some reviews about her on wedding wire and some people also didn’t like their first hair trail and she went back and made another trail for them and made it better but she couldn’t do that for me. Now it really has me wondering if she’s discriminating me for my race as well. I’m a Latina by the way.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Melanie Sorrow Hair's reply:

I truly value all my beautiful brides. My main goal is for a bride to feel comfortable with her wedding hairstyle. I apologize again for any inconvenience.