MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) Reviews

84 | Kula, HI

84 Reviews for MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 1
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 2
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 3
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 4
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 5

Cindy · Married on 11/13/2013

I got married on Maui on November 13, 13. Meili did a wonderful job on both my hair and make up. I was really happy with how I looked on the day of my wedding. She was very professional, and had an assortment of very high quality make up. She used individual lashes for my eyes, which I also really liked. She was very punctual on the day of the wedding, and also communicated with me throughout the time that I had connected with her until the wedding day. I highly recommend Meili! You are guaranteed to be stunning and beautiful bride on your special day.

Sent on 02/05/2014

Bonnie · Married on 08/04/2012

Mei Li was an amazingly talented, bright, attentive and loving co-conspirator for my wedding day. I can't imagine a more perfect part of my team in getting ready. Her expertise with makeup and hair transformed me into how I imagined that I would want to look as a bride and more! She is so extremely gifted, as really an artist! And her gentle warm exuded the getting ready phase of the day. One of the things (among so many) that I was grateful for was her ability to make you look like yourself but extra glamorous and beautiful on your wedding day. And I felt like she was almost an advocate for me, steadying me when I was stressed reflecting back calm and collected. I can't say enough about how important a part of our wedding she was!!!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Annie · Married on 05/31/2011

MeiLi did my hair and make up for my wedding and she did an amazing job! Beyond amazing! It was beautiful and I loved it! She was so sweet and professional - arrived on time and got me ready on time. I could not have been happier with the final product and only wish she could do my hair and make up everyday. Thanks MeiLi!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Anne · Married on 06/12/2010

MeiLi did my makeup on my wedding day and I LOVED it - and her! I tend towards a natural look, and I was nervous to have my makeup done "professionally." I showed her inspiration pictures for a pretty, dewy look and she was able to recreate it, spot on. She talked me through the process, and recommended with expertise. To this day I use the eyeliner and blush she thought would work for me. Go with MeiLi - you won't regret it!

Sent on 02/06/2014

I love love these ladies!! They are quick to respond to any of your questions and very helpful.
    They came to my hotel room on the day of my wedding and made me feel and look like a move star!
    From the moment they meet you they make you feel comfortable.

Sent on 02/11/2016

MeiLi provides great service. I enjoyed working with her on my hair and makeup trial and wedding day. From the moment my wedding coordinator put me in contact with MeiLi, MeiLi got in touch with me right away. She was great at asking me what look I wanted and answered all my follow up emails incredibly quick. I recommend MeiLi to all brides getting married in Maui.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Alisha · Married on 08/11/2014

We loved working with MeiLi and her team! Really fun to work with. Everyone looked amazing! Thanks for making my big day stress free :)

Sent on 08/30/2014

3.4
      3.0
      2.5
      3.0

Meili is a sweetheart, and her associate, Bree was nice as well. Although they are experts at what they do, and the quality of work is phenomenal, I regret not having a trial done with them beforehand. Looking back at the day-of/live video, although their makeup was supposed to be "waterproof", I had streaks of gold (shadow?) running down my face from crying at the altar (evident in the close up of the video and my husband trying to wipe my face multiple times throughout the ceremony). Hopefully the final/edited video and pictures fix this problem. My mom did not feel that her hair suited her, and I felt the same way. We should've/would've spoken up to say something, but due to reasons below, we did not.

The rating is for the quality of service I received the day of - they seemed like they didn't really want to be there, and both Meili and Bree were so quick to leave (I had to ask/remind her to pin my veil as she was running out the door). I think if they didn't overbook themselves with so many clients throughout the week and really had the time and energy to give to their clients, they would be excellent.

Should you use their services, make sure to do a trial with them beforehand, and speak up about what you like and don't like. Because time was running out by the time they got to me, I couldn't ask them to change anything. I'm just crossing my fingers that the professional pictures and video surprise me!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Nicky · Married on 06/25/2018

2.4
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

Unfortunately I have to give this vendor 2 stars. I got my hair and makeup done by them (along with 4 other people in my bridal party). The make up was nice - it's not for someone that wants a natural look, but for a special occasion I thought what they did was great. The makeup artist was really pleasant as well. The hair, however, was a complete disaster. She had to do my hair 3 times over and by the 4th time I told her to just leave it. It wasn't even a complicated 'do - a side braid and a low bun. Looking back at my photos and video, the hair makes me really sad. It really does look horrible. I did a trial with them and was reasonably pleased but asked for one tweak to it on the big day. For some reason she couldn't re-execute what we discussed. My MOH and MOB also were unhappy with their hair - both looked pretty plain. I definitely would not recommend MAB!!

Sent on 10/03/2018

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

Dear Nicky,

We are dismayed you had such a negative experience as we pride ourselves on our 5 star service, expert styling, and happy brides! We take your comments very seriously and have discussed it extensively. Your stylists that day are two of my top senior hair and makeup artists that have immense experience in the bridal styling world. Randall and Kaylin. They are known for their kind nature, professional skill sets, and above all else willingness to do whatever it takes to make a bride happy.

I am so happy to hear you loved your makeup, it absolutely accentuated your natural beauty. In my opinion the hair also looks amazing and you were every bit the part of a stunning bride from head to toe. In fact I would proudly show your hairstyle as an example of our work to other brides! It’s a beautiful braided updo and you are a vision. I even posted your specific style on Instagram!

However it does not matter what I think, it’s how you felt, and I am so sorry you were not happy even though you had told the girls you were. There is time allotted in every appointment to allow for any changes. I wish that you had given us the opportunity to redo the style as we had the time instead of shutting down and saying you were fine. I also wish you had contacted me directly first to discuss your experience as getting reviewed on every platform with low ratings and strong words is disheartening and feels like an attack.

I honor every one of my brides and I’d love to know how we could have served you better- although it’s been 3 months since your wedding day, it’s obviously still on your mind. I have emailed you directly and look forward from hearing from you.

Much Love and Aloha