MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) Reviews

84 | Kula, HI

84 Reviews for MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 1
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 2
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 3
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 4
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 5

Abby · Married on 08/07/2015

I cannot speak higher of the MAB Team!!
    Randy, Snr Make up Artist - WOW! What a magician! Seriously! She made me completely speechless. I have had my makeup professionally done a dozen times but never have I felt more beautiful in my life.
    Bree, Hair Stylist - another huge WOW! I actually wish I took more note of product she used and technique. My hair was unbelievable!!
    The girls were so accommodating and fun. I would recommend them a thousand times over.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/18/2015

MeiLi and her team were absolutely AMAZING!!! I truly couldn't have asked for better hair and makeup artists. I was so happy with my look and I got so many compliments from my guests and people that have seen photos from the wedding. My mom who had never had her makeup done felt so special which made me incredibly happy. And the bridesmaids looked stunning. I had something completely different in mind for their hair but had to switch things up last minute because of the wind. Brie came up with a beautiful side fish tail bohemian look that was perfect for my beach wedding.

Sent on 08/27/2015

lauren · Married on 06/26/2015

I was referred to MeiLi Autumn Beauty by my wedding planner. They were a phenomenal team and everyone who received their services for hair and makeup was very pleased with their work! I would not hesitate to recommend them. I was very nervous to get my hair and makeup done without having done a trial, however they made me feel very at ease, did not pressure me into anything or do anything I didn't want, and everything turned out better than I could have imagined! I was also very happy that they were able to do airbrush makeup on me without covering my freckles which was a big concern of mine when choosing a makeup artist. I've also been told MeiLi is one of the most sought-out makeup artists in Maui. I would definitely recommend checking out their Instagram profile to get a feel for their style. I saved a lot of their looks to show them what kind of look I was going for. Overall great experience!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Tracy · Married on 06/21/2015

MeiLi & Randall were absolutely incredible. They transformed my skin into a flawless, glowing perfection that held up to the Maui heat and humidity. I ordered the Halo extensions and they were so worth it. Best purchase ever. The ladies were able to quickly put them on me and they looked exactly like my hair. It was incredible. The extensions added so much volume and polish to my look and my husband was blown away when he saw me walking down the aisle. He even didn't want me to take them out after the wedding. SO I am glad I could take them home with me. These ladies are lovely, professional, easy going, funny, punctual, they use high-end cosmetics and the whole process was seamless and easy. I felt like a Queen and looked perfect for the entire day and evening even with the rain and heat. They drove all the way to my condo which made my wedding day romantic and stress free. I could sip champagne with my sister and BFF and not try to drive around looking for some random busy salon. Hiring them was best decision ever.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Aimee · Married on 05/02/2015

MeiLi and her team did an AMAZING Job for my wedding! She did hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone looked flawless! She does airbrush and extensions too which is a plus.
    MeiLi was also so sweet and made sure my hair and makeup was exactly the way I wanted before she left. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Cat · Married on 03/14/2015

MeiLi and Bri were absolutely wonderful. So friendly, professional and great at what they do. We had booked them both to do hair and makeup for me and my three bridesmaids, but on the wedding day my mom decided she would like hers done too. MeiLi and Bri did her hair and makeup too and still finished ahead of schedule! All of my girls looks flawless and our hair and makeup lasted the whole day. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Krystal · Married on 12/26/2014

MeiLi Autumn and her hair assistant Bree did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup. Before the big day, I sent pictures of hairstyles and makeup I liked, and they both came prepared to replicate those styles on the day. I was impressed because I didn't have to explain anything. They both had a sense of what I wanted to look like and I was able to trust them 100%. My hair style had a nice loose beachy look, but it stayed put even with a bit of wind on the beach. The fresh flowers matched my dress perfectly. And I was blown away by the makeup. I normally don't wear a lot of makeup, but I still felt comfortable and like myself, only better! I never thought my face could look that good! The makeup lasted all night and well into the next morning when I had more photos taken. I was very happy with my wedding look, and how friendly and professional the MeiLi Autumn team are. I would recommend them to anyone getting married on Maui!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Lisa · Married on 11/28/2014

Thank you so much the wedding ceremony and was beautiful . Your assistance with hair and make up helped eased my wedding day . I felt like I was glowing the entire evening and didn't have to worry at all throughout the night.
    Thanks again

Sent on 11/29/2014

Eva · Married on 11/08/2014

I loved working with MeiLi (makeup) and Bree (hair).They came to my hotel the day before my wedding to do a trial run, and they really took the time to perfect every request I had. I'm very particular about my eyebrows, and MeiLi was super patient (thank you!!) and worked hard to get everything just right. On the day of the wedding, she arrived on time even though her car broke down on the way to the hotel! When she arrived, she was cool as a cucumber even though she had to leave her car on the side of the road and get a ride to the hotel! A true professional. Oh, and she's fun to boot ;)

I have to say I was nervous about getting my trial done just one day ahead of the wedding, but MeiLi is really skillful, and she'll make you look the way you want. I think it's really important for a client to feel like she's not offending anyone when she makes requests, says she doesn't like something, or wants to make a change along the way, and that's why I really appreciate MeiLi. She really listens, hears what you want, and just gets it done. I also like that she makes suggestions along the way. Bree is also great! She made my updo exactly how I wanted, and it stayed up all day and night. I'm so glad a friend recommended them to me. If you're getting married in Maui, look no further! This team is solid.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Aya · Married on 10/11/2014

In planning my wedding, choosing my makeup artist was one of my most important decisions. I wanted someone that would find a balance between subtlety and glamour. MeiLi did exactly that.

My wedding was my first professional make-up opportunity and I did not have any idea what would be best. So, I checked reviews, portfolios, and the blogs of many stylists, but when I saw MeiLi's website, I knew that she was the stylist I was looking for.

Before the wedding, MeiLi and I had multiple communications (including phone calls and e-mails) regarding scheduling and ideas. MeiLi always responded to me quickly. This was a super big deal for me, because wedding planning takes a lot of time, and it can make brides really frustrated and anxious. Fortunately, MeiLi’s fast, sincere, and understanding responses put me at ease. She took the time to understand what I wanted—and this was proven by the final product she delivered.

Looking back, one of the most special moments of my wedding day was when I first looked in the mirror when she finished. I was extremely amazed by the face looking back at me. My face and skin were absolutely stunning!!

Bri (the hair stylist) was also awesome too!! I wore a cathedral-length veil for the whole day, but my hair stayed in perfect condition.

My husband LOVED my look on the wedding day, and we're extremely happy to see it in our wedding pictures now.

Thank you MeiLi & Bri. You guys are the best team!!!

Last thing: As a native-Japanese bride, I strongly recommend MeiLi for all Asian brides/ladies. (My mom also got her make-up by MeiLi, and she loved it.) MeiLi knows our faces well, so you're guaranteed to have the most beautiful look in your life on your big day!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2014

NATALIE · Married on 07/10/2014

I had the most amazing beauty team ever! MeiLi and Bri did such an incredible job on my bridesmaids and the mom’s! Everyone looked beautiful and felt their best - which is really special to me!
    And I felt like the most beautiful bride in the world! I am so happy we went with foundation and individual lashes because I looked amazing! haha. The amount of compliments I have received is amazing and has made me feel so incredible! And I felt like me - which was important and I think MeiLi knew that ;)
    And all of us girls had such a fun morning - we all had such relaxed morning, fill with laughter and tears!
    It was amazing how well the make up and hair stood the test of time for a such a long day, filled with tears, heat and humidity!
    I highly recommend MeiLi to anyone! She was professional, easy to work with, travelled to our hotel, and was so reasonably priced! And most importantly, did such an incredible job!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Mary · Married on 07/02/2014

Made my day so special. Did my hair and makeup exactly how I envisioned. I felt beautiful. Even did my daughter's hair last minuet.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Mandy · Married on 05/25/2014

MeiLi was my wedding artist at Maui. She is skillful, reliable and friendly. I am so glad that I had MeiLi to do my bridal makeup and hair.

We were at Maui for a destination wedding and we didn't plan a makeup trail. MeiLi sent me a questionnaire to ask what kind of make-up and hairstyle I liked, and she gave me exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. My family/friends and myself really love my wedding look.

She grew up in Hawaii and she worked as a MUA for several years in China. She can speak Chinese pretty well and she is familiar with Asian makeup. As an asian, I would say you can't go wrong with MeiLi.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Donna · Married on 05/16/2014

Thank you so much to both MeiLi and Brianna for makeup and hair for my recent wedding in Maui. MeiLi was so quick to respond to my request and very accommodating. They came to our condo and working together we're able to provide me the perfect beach wedding look - natural looking makeup and a beautiful low updo. They even supplied the flowers for my hair. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/30/2014

I have taken quite a few different photo sessions in different places working with different makeup artist. The first one is the engagement in China, second one is my wedding in New York, and this is my third one with Meili in Hawaii for my honeymoon. As far as my opinion goes, Meili is the best!!!!!

I simply love the look Meili created for me. The look brings the best natural beauty out of me, nothing too dramatic, but very elegant and beautiful. I cannot say enough about how much I love the look Meili created. It is just perfect. And this is not just about the look, it is also about the way she works. She has been always very responsive via email, super flexible with time schedule, even my last minute Lei request. She understands all the Asian brides needs and concern. She listens and provides her professional opinions. These are very important because it is Hawaii!!! We do not get really a chance to do in person meet and talk before the real event. Therefore, the way communication goes, and trust builds are crucial. All of these make her service a no-doubt five out five rating.

If you are a bride to be going to Hawaii, I know how hard and nervous it is to find the right makeup artist, especially when there is probably no time for a trial session, you just cannot go wrong with Meili!!!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Connie · Married on 05/08/2014

MeiLi and her fabulous team were the most positive professionals we've seen in this industry for a long time! From our first initial contact we were all impressed. My family and I operate a successful family business so understand and recognize in detail the quality and effort others put forth...or not. Her team was flawless and went over and above our expectations at every level and especially in genuine caring about how all 10 of us looked and felt, even our two little flower girls aged 3 and 5. This team not only helped us get them beautified but then helped us dress them which was a challenge being they are so very gregarious and "tomboyish". At the final hour, the calm and enthusiastic MeiLi even assisted in getting me into my dress, fortunately she has alot of experience with this as well as making myself and the rest of the party look better than any of us could have ever imagined. You can't fake honesty and integrity for those who know how it is reflected. Thanks MeiLi, we look forward to visiting you again next year with the wedding of my niece!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Tirza · Married on 04/26/2014

MeiLi was absolutely wonderful to work with during my pre-wedding consultation and on the wedding day itself! I have been applying makeup myself for 30 years and was thrilled to find MeiLi flexible on what I was looking for on such a special day. I learned a lot from her as well - I wouldn't hesitate to go back for a regular make up consult to learn more. My pictures turned out beautiful - with just the look I had been hoping for!
    Thank you MeiLi!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Dawn · Married on 04/21/2014

Thank you MeiLi and Brianna.. You ladies did an amazing job for me and my girls. So happy that we did a trial run and really appreciated your flexibility to meet us at our locations.. Then a completing new look for our 2nd photo shoot!! Loved being pampered!!!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Heather · Married on 03/05/2014

My experience having my hair and make-up done in my hotel room by you and the hair stylist couldn't have been better. You made me feel beautiful. What you did for me gave me the confidence that my wedding would be just what I dreamed of.

Thank you both for listening to me. I felt like myself, but with my best features enhanced. The make-up you applied felt very light - as if I wasn't wearing any at all, yet smoothed out and covered up any imperfections in my skin. I loved my hair too. I didn't need any additional adornment. It was exactly what I wanted. I will be recommending you to anyone getting married in Maui. You also made my Mom and our family friend feel extra special too. The wedding pictures turned out awesome – the stunning coast was the perfect setting! I’m sending you a photo and the photographer’s name. Thank you for helping create my perfect day and dream wedding on the Hawaiian Island. We will be back to renew our vows and I plan on calling you again.

Sent on 03/19/2014
  • I

Ivy · Married on 02/28/2014

MeiLi has made me looked so pretty on my wedding day, and I have never seen myself like this before! Even all my friends said I looked really nice with the make up.

MeiLi has an incredible amount of experience while she was doing make up for me, since she has been to so many different places she understands what would look good on the clients even without saying much.
    And she was fun and easy to work with, especially she was such a good listener, for service industry it is very important to be a good listener.

I had very good chemistry with MeiLi because she has been to my country and she totally understands my culture and my background so she gave me so many cool suggestion to my looks and it fitted so well for a West and East Wedding!

She even gave me few tips on make up which is very rare for people who like to share what they know.

I will definitely have her again in the future for my other kind of celebration even it is on the other side of the world!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Tracey · Married on 02/21/2014

MeiLi was phenomenal! My makeup turned out great. I was very happy with her work. She's a very nice person. My wedding day was the best!!

Sent on 03/03/2014

Lilian · Married on 02/01/2014

我非常享受这Meili的化妆,她特别了解亚洲肤质,以及亚洲脸型,我知道她有过很多类似的成功例子,她的化妆让我的脸型更加有立体感,同时又不失东方美,这正是我需要的!!!我正是需要这么一个善解人意的专业化妆师.这是我婚礼成功的不可缺少的条件!谢谢美黎造型,让我梦想成真———成为婚礼那天典雅美丽的新娘!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Ashley · Married on 01/26/2014

MeiLi was AMAZING! I am very particular about how my makeup is done and I could not have found a better vendor. This woman knows what she is doing. My makeup looked flawless, she arrived early, and was professional. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/07/2014

Amy · Married on 12/02/2013

Meili was an integral part of making my wedding day the most wonderful day of my life. She helped me with choosing a specific hair and makeup style that fit our destination wedding perfectly. I was concerned that planning a wedding from thousands of miles away would be difficult but Meili's responsiveness and supportive nature helped made it easy and fun.

The day of the wedding, Meili arrived to our condo on time and helped me feel at ease. She brought the pictures on her Ipad that I'd sent her and was totally prepared. It felt like meeting up with an old friend. Despite a lot of communication prior to the day, I hadn't chosen an exact makeup 'look'. Meili asked a few questions and went to work. She made me look and feel like a princess! I actually cried when I saw myself made up, as I couldn't believe that the day had come for me to be married. Thankfully her claim of waterproof makeup was true. It even rained a bit during our ceremony and everything looked perfect.

I am forever grateful for Meili's presence as part of my wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a bit of help in getting ready for a special event. She is very talented at what she does.

Sent on 02/06/2014

Emi · Married on 11/25/2013

In my opinion, 5 stars is not enough for MeiLi. On my wedding day, she did more than just my hair and makeup. She provided me with an experience that made my whole day memorable. I absolutely recommend a trial run before your event. I had never had my makeup professionally done and it was time that MeiLi and I had to talk about my expectations and give her a good idea of where to start. In that time, MeiLi created a look that went with my coloring, personality, gown and flowers. The only way I can describe the refection in the mirror was that was it was the best of me. MeiLi was able to create a beautiful extension of all my features. I could not believe it but my eyes took on a life of their own, my skin looked healthy and glowing, and my hair shined. She then expertly duplicated the look on my wedding day. The amazing part was the makeup felt light and cool as if it was not there (even during the afternoon ceremony under the Maui sun!). I felt confident and beautiful on the day all women are only supposed to feel confident and beautiful. It showed through in all the pictures. Like most brides that plan Maui weddings, we planned it long distance and were not able to meet with our vendors until arriving on Maui. MeiLi made sure she kept in constant contact with me the whole time up until the wedding. It was one less thing I had to worry about knowing the person I trusted to do my hair and makeup was looking out for me. MeiLi did my hair and makeup for my wedding, but I recommend MeiLi for any special event in your life.

Sent on 02/12/2014