Megan Chan Photography Reviews

9 | Chicago, IL

9 Reviews for Megan Chan Photography

Beth · Married on 05/26/2012

Megan has only been out of college for a few years, so you expect to find her slightly amateur, but she isn't at all. Because she is early in her career, she charges reasonable prices, and yet she renders superb services. She's a natural behind the camera, always willing to go the extra mile for a good shot (during our engagement shoot, she fell into a algae-covered pond to get the right angle). She did a great job of balancing guidance with a quiet presence that helped me become less self-conscious, along with a laid back attitude that allowed our personality to come through in the pictures. We had a great experience with Megan, and we would definitely use her again!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Kathy · event on 04/21/2012

Megan was wonderful professional and prompt with everything from emails to getting our photos to us. If i have one suggestion (and i really had to think about it) more and better props! But 5+stars on the things that COUNT!

Sent on 04/27/2012

Chinell · Married on 12/10/2011

Megan was AMAZING!! We were able to book her on such short notice, and her prices are fantastic. She returned my e-mails right away, and she was so easy to talk to on the wedding day. I was worried that my rambunctious and loud family would scare away most of my vendors, but Megan took everyone and everything in stride. The pictures are STUNNING, and I know that I'm gushing, but wow!!

Megan was so professional. She was on time, she asked questions. She was completely unobtrusive. She clearly enjoys doing what she does and wants to make sure that you get the best product possible. I also have to say that she was a trooper. Our wedding day was absolutely frigid. We did get to take some outdoor pictures, and she never complained. My husband and I are planning to do another session with her very soon, just us, back in our wedding duds. Megan was unhappy with the lack of pictures of just me and my husband, so she suggested that we do another shoot, just the two of us, and we're happy to do it. We are so pleased with our decision to use Megan, and I would recommend her to anyone who asked. Thank you, Megan!!!

Sent on 02/10/2012

Doris · Married on 10/08/2011

John and I had to plan our wedding in Chicago from New York so we didn't have the luxury of interviewing or meeting with Megan until the day of the wedding. Although we wondered if this was a good idea the minute we started chatting with Megan we knew she would be great. She was flexible and understanding with our location and time limitations and offered many suggestions. She thought of shots and ideas that John and I had not even though of. On the day of the wedding she came and got right to shooting. She was professional and definitely worked with John and I's style. The best part of Megan was when she sent us the "teasers" to our wedding John and I were literally giddy with happiness with how great they turned out. In fact, we've watched it through three times already are just so happy with the photos. The cherry on top was Megan offering to do our "engagement photos" the day after the wedding since we were in NY and was not able to do them before the wedding. It may have been a little untraditional but that's what we loved about Megan was her flexibility and willingness to make the day memorable. We can't say enough good things about Megan and would recommend her to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Jill · Married on 10/01/2011

It was an absolute pleasure having Megan photograph our wedding. She was very flexible as far as accommodating what we wanted and we negotiated what we felt was a fair price. Not to mention we only decided we wanted a photographer one month before our wedding and she was willing to help us out at the last minute. She also had a lot of fun things to offer that we certainly took advantage of! She was professional but also extremely fun and had a lot of great ideas for photo opportunities. Her photos were candid and seemed to capture all the little moments that traditional (posing photographs only) photography tends to miss.

Any fun-loving couple like my husband and myself would be lucky to have Megan capture their wedding day.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Christy · Married on 07/30/2011

Megan did our engagement photos and wedding day photos and she was absolutely amazing! She spent well over 12 hours photographing our wedding (over the 8 hours in her contract). She is very professional and was great to work with. From the teaser shots we've seen so far, we're so pleased and can't wait to see what the rest of the pictures look like. Megan takes quality photographs in a photojournalistic style (what I wanted) and she was very unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception. She did way more work than what she charged us for and we would highly recommend Megan to anyone for wedding and engagement photos. She gives all the photos to you on a CD so you get to keep all the edited photographs and don't have to pick and choose which ones you want to buy. We're so grateful to Megan for everything she did!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Mary · Married on 07/30/2011

When it comes time to choose a wedding photographer to capture one of the most important days of your life, you want someone with the perfect combination of professionalism, artistic talent, and flexibility. You want assurance that the photos will capture all the beauty, emotions, and celebration of the wedding day so you can treasure them long after the day is over. Megan Chan Photography met and exceeded our expectations for a wedding photographer. Almost everyone who has seen the engagement/wedding photos have commented on how gorgeous and unique the photos are. She was sensitive to our preferences during the ceremony, very professional, reliable, and we absolutely LOVE the photos. Megan Chan Photography is highly recommended!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Mary · Married on 04/02/2016

Megan is a talented photographer! She is professional, smart, energetic, and flexible! We really enjoyed having her capture our wedding day.

She also has a very genuine and honest sensibility to her photography work and is smart about capturing special and key moments.

We hope to work with her again in the future! Thanks Megan for going above and beyond!!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Heather · Married on 12/18/2011

Very accommodating, and great value/quality even with traveling to our part of Southern Illinois (much better than local vendors offered!) Thanks so much for working with us so close to the Christmas holiday, too!

Sent on 02/13/2012