Megan Barber Ceremonies Reviews

Megan Barber Ceremonies 3
Megan Barber Ceremonies 4
Megan Barber Ceremonies 5

Ellen · Married on 05/01/2016

Megan is an artist of the soul. She consecrated our daughter's wedding with great emotional, intellectual, and spiritual intelligence, with her words, her presence, her warmth, and her humor.

It was such a from-the-heart ceremony, with respect for both the bride's and groom's faith traditions, honoring where they came from, who they are (she really "got" them), and blessing them in their 'dance' into their future.

Megan brought great joy and meaning to the wedding.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Ellen, it was such an honor and joy to be a part of this important and meaningful day for your family. Thank you.

Laura · Married on 05/01/2016

Megan was amazing! She really "got" us, despite having only met us once before the ceremony (we talked by Skype and email, and then met at the wedding rehearsal). She had us fill out a questionnaire about ourselves and our relationship, and she used the information to craft a beautiful, meaningful ceremony that reflected who we are as people.

She did a great job of putting together a ceremony that was mostly secular but included traditions from both of our religious/cultural backgrounds, as I am Jewish and my husband is Christian. She was incredibly helpful and responsive throughout the process of planning the wedding, and let us read through her drafts of the ceremony and make any changes we wanted.

On the day of the wedding, I really appreciated her warm, calm presence! She performed the ceremony wonderfully and had most of our guests crying *and* laughing. I highly recommend her as an officiant, especially for couples who are interfaith, secular, or otherwise want a unique ceremony tailored to them and their communities.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Laura. I just loved working with you and Steve. I laughed and cried too - reading your questionnaires. Your stories and laughter, openness and integrity, and love for each other made writing and officiating your ceremony a complete joy. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding.

Celina · Married on 04/02/2016

I definitely planned a non traditional wedding and wanted to find an Officiant who was local and had spontaneous openings. I called and she was open and ready to help me out (the date was two weeks from when I called). Very courteous and easy to work with. She made our moment special and I would highly recommend her. Thanks again!!

Sent on 04/07/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You're so welcome, Celina! Thank you for including me in your day.

Megan was very patient, collaborative, and fun to work with! Thank you so much for

Sent on 01/30/2016

Megan was amazing!! She was our officiant for our unique multicultural wedding. Not only did she rearrange plans with her husband to be able to help us out...she also did an extraordinary job! She has a brilliant talent for this. She was able to truly see our connection and love for one another and was able to eloquently express that for our ceremony of union. She gave advise, support, and kindness throughout the entire journey. She was our guide and measure to obtaining the perfect ceremony. With her help we were able to hav a genuine and unique ceremony which expressed both our cultures and both our spiritual beliefs. She guided a Spanish speaking potion of our wedding as well...and did a beautiful job. She was a calm, spiritual and a peaceful presence. Brides and grooms tend to get caught up and spend time and money on things that, in the end, we could do without....Megan was well worth it!!! Our ceremony became the most magical part of our special day...which it should be. I would highly recommend her and I plan on using her whenever I have a life ceremony in the future.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much. I just loved working with the two of you - fue un honor y un placer verdadero. And it's been so sweet running into you around town since! You two are great.

Kelly · Married on 08/22/2015

Megan was our officiant for our wedding and did such a wonderful job! We found her online, and liked how she offered custom services and allowed us to make our wedding ceremony our own. She gave us lots of great suggestions and helped us craft the perfect ceremony for us. She is such a grace to talk to, just one of those people who just puts you at ease to be around. She was very professional and did a great job running the rehearsal and had great ideas about how to organize it. We were so lucky to find her, and I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly. I so enjoyed working with the two of you and getting to meet your friends and family. I wish you both all the best!

kayla · Married on 06/13/2015

Megan did an amazing job on our ceremony. I contacted her a week before the wedding with no Idea what I was doing and or how to begin organizing or figuring out what I wanted for a ceremony. She helped me every step of the way, offered some amazing ideas, delivered an absolutely beautiful ceremony. What I really liked and made it easy for me was how she sent over a timeline with our whole ceremony written out so I had an idea of how it was going to go. Megan is so sweet and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Kayla. I loved working with the two of you. Congratulations!

Matt · Married on 10/11/2014

Megan was FANTASTIC! She was incredibly easy to work with, and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks, Matt. You guys were great!

Laurie · Married on 10/11/2014

Megan did a fantastic job performing our ceremony. My husband and I chose a very non-traditional route for our wedding at Six Flags and Megan jumped right on board with us and understood our sense of humor. She was so easy to work with and always very quick to respond. She was a great addition to our wedding day for sure.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You're so welcome. What a fun wedding! I loved being a part of it.

Kristin · Married on 09/13/2014

Megan was wonderful to work with before, during and after our ceremony! She really helped us figure out what type of ceremony we wanted, and created an absolute masterpiece! Our ceremony was so "us" and we received several compliments about how it was the most personal ceremony they have ever been to. Megan is such a genuine person and I highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Kristin. Your and Steve's wedding was such a highlight for me, and I loved working with you to create meaningful rituals and make your wedding so YOU. Congratulations!

PAULA · Married on 09/13/2014

Megan was the celebrant at my daughter's wedding. She was absolutely amazing to work with and took the time to really know Kristin and Steve. As a result the ceremony was very personal and reflected the love, humor, love of animals and commitment to each other that is so much a part of their relationship. Weeks after the wedding I continued to hear from people who attended about what a unique ceremony it was and how they had never seen anything quite like it before. This is a real tribute to Megan as she designed it. Megan is the best and I highly recommend her as the celebrant for your special day and it will be special, trust me!

Paula Ingalls

Sent on 10/15/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Paula. It was such an honor to be a part of your daughter's wedding and to celebrate this milestone with your family. I wish you all all the best for always.

Diana · Married on 09/21/2013

Megan Barber Rocks
    I can’t say enough about what a wonderful job Megan Barber did this autumn helping Jim and me celebrate our wedding. Just as I was teetering on the brink of full-scale panic earlier this year trying to think what to do and say at the ceremony, Megan’s email announcing her role as life cycle celebrant arrived like a sign from on high. She worked closely with us both, asking evocative questions to help us organize our chaotic thoughts and expectations, and suggested a variety of appealing gestures, poems and rituals we could adapt to our personal preferences. She then took our input and drafted the script and choreography of a ceremony that was intimate, elegant and moving. I can’t imagine how we could have coped without her. Jim and I both recommend her whole-heartedly to help you celebrate any and all of life’s rites of passage in beautiful and unique ways. Diana C

Sent on 07/13/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Diana! I loved getting to know the two of you and bringing to life your vision for your intimate wedding. Congratulations!

Megan was amazing! My husband's friends and family only speak spanish so it was nice to be able to include everyone in our ceremony!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much. I absolutely loved getting to know the two of you and creating your bilingual ceremony. Felicidades!