Megan Barber Ceremonies Reviews

51 | Ithaca, NY

51 Reviews for Megan Barber Ceremonies

Juli · Married on 10/15/2017

We were so happy we found Megan! My husband and I didn't really know what we wanted to do for our wedding ceremony but we filled out a questionnaire and added some of our ideas and Megan pieced it all together beautifully! It was perfect! We were so happy with how our ceremony turned out and would definitely recommend her! She's a pleasure to work with! Thanks again Megan!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Juli! I so enjoyed working with you and Chuck to put together such a personal ceremony. It was a beautiful day and I was honored to be your officiant!

Sara · Married on 10/14/2017

Megan was the best choice we made when planning our wedding, without question. We knew we wanted a very personal ceremony and we immediately connected with Megan from our first Skype chat. After my husband and I completed very detailed questionnaires, Megan wrote a personalized ceremony that was beautiful, sentimental, and also had moments of humor. She captured us perfectly as a couple. She was more than willing to make the small changes we requested and kept us informed every step of the way. On the wedding day, Megan was a calm and reassuring presence and presented the ceremony beautifully. She is a truly gifted writer and is skilled in creating meaningful ceremonies. We are so thankful that she married us!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Sara. I completely loved getting to know you and Greg and your families and friends, and I am so honored to have had the opportunity to be a part of your wedding. The tears and laughter were wonderful - it was a joy of a day. I wish you both so much happiness and strong love. Congratulations!

A · Married on 10/07/2017

Megan was wonderful! We came to her just a few weeks before our wedding not really sure what kind of ceremony we were looking for but she helped guide us in creating a beautiful, personalized ceremony we loved. She was great!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much. I loved getting to know the two of you and your families and getting to celebrate at your beautiful farm. Your words of love for each other were so moving. I feel blessed to have been a part of your wedding.

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2017

Megan was absolutely incredible! We first met her when we were still very nervous about wedding planning, and she put us instantly at ease. She was calm and courteous, and she clearly explained to us our options. We decided to have her craft a custom ceremony, and it was the best wedding planning decision we made! Megan sent us detailed questionnaires that helped her get to know us. She passed no judgment, even as we shared embarrassing stories, and she provided a sense of calm throughout the entire process.

Megan got in touch with our DJ and the event coordinator at our venue to make sure that everyone was on the same page. She even worked with our reader to find the perfect reading. She rearranged her schedule so that she could attend our rehearsal. She was very responsive to emails, and we were never left waiting for a response or feeling nervous.

When she sent us the first draft, we could have sworn that Megan had known us for our entire lives. She so beautifully and accurately told our story. She was receptive to any changes we wanted made, and she made creative and thoughtful suggestions when we didn't know what we wanted. For example, she suggested a handfasting for the "unity" portion of the ceremony. Neither of us had even heard of such a thing, but it was absolutely perfect for the uncomplicated and not-too-religious ceremony we envisioned. She wrote beautiful and artful words that made our guests both laugh and cry, and she made sure that we would know exactly what to expect on "the big day."

Most importantly, on the wedding day, Megan was calm and warm, and she put us at ease. She was bright and cheerful, and she made everyone so very happy. Six weeks later, we are still getting compliments from our guests about how personal and so "us" our ceremony was.

We would absolutely recommend Megan Barber to anyone getting married and looking for an officiant who is kind, attentive, creative, and professional!!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Jen! I so loved getting to know you and Sean and hearing your stories. Your wedding was beautiful, loving, and fun, and I was so happy to celebrate with you. I wish you both all the very best always!

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2017

Megan is amazing! She exceeded our expectations and helped us to create a unique and personalized wedding ceremony.

Megan really got to know us as a couple and came up with creative suggestions for us so we didn't have a "cookie cutter" ceremony. It was one that was full of love and incorporated all of our family and friends. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Megan was also very responsive and flexible. A true joy to work with!

Thank you again for everything, Megan!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Nicole. I loved working with you and Drew and getting to know the two of you. It was such a joy to be part of your wedding and to witness your deep love and respect for one another. I wish you both all the very best in your life together!

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

From beginning to end Megan exceeded our expectations. She was responsive, professional, and punctual. Leading up to our wedding, she sent us drafts of our ceremony for us to double and triple check. She worked with us to get the ceremony exactly how we imagined it. On the day of our ceremony she made us feel at ease. The way she incorporated elements of our story into our ceremony and vows made the day even more special. We received many compliments from our guests on how perfect our ceremony was. She really takes the time to get to know her couple and is a genuinely loving and caring person. We would highly recommend her to any couple out there looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah. I so loved working with you and Steven. Your wedding was so much fun - your love and lightheartedness and exuberance were absolutely infectious. I wish you both so much goodness! Thanks again for including me in your glorious day.

Cathy · Married on 08/01/2017

Megan is a wonderful celebrant! Her "elopement ceremony" was exactly what we were looking for: creative and spiritual, yet not elaborate. We are a gay couple who have been together for years and wanted a special celebrant to help us have a "simply perfect" wedding...Thank you, Megan!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You are so welcome, Cathy! I loved getting to know the two of you and getting to join with your wonderful community to celebrate your wedding. It was truly an honor!

Lauren · Married on 07/30/2017

Megan helped my husband and I celebrate our marriage at Robert Treman State Park in New York. From the very beginning, she eagerly got to know us, asked the right questions, and ultimately wrote the perfect wedding ceremony to reflect our values and preferences. Her process was clear, organized, and streamlined. I would get married every year to be able to work with Megan again. You will be so happy to do the same!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren. I completely loved working with you and Brian and getting to know you and your daughters. It was truly a joy and an honor to celebrate your wedding. If you got married every year I would happily be your Celebrant every time for sure!

Matt · Married on 06/17/2017

Working with Megan was an absolute dream! My partner and I drove all the way from Cincinnati to Ithaca to have an elopement ceremony with only immediate family in attendance, and Megan worked with us every step of the way from hashing out details over the phone to hiking with us into the woods on Cornell's north campus where we eventually got married overlooking one of the gorges. Megan was immensely kind and enthusiastic and simply an overall pleasure to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for an officiant to add an element of warmth and compassion to your special day.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Matt. I loved getting to be a part of your day and it was so fun to walk into the woods with you and your families! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!
  • W

Willow · Married on 09/24/2016

Megan did such a beautiful job officiating at my wedding. The ceremony was heartfelt, unique, and perfectly encompassed who we are as a couple. Megan made sure that the ceremony was presented exactly how we imagined, while providing guidance during the process when we weren't sure exactly what we wanted! I received countless compliments after the ceremony about how well written and personal it was. I can't express how lucky we feel to have had Megan as part of our wedding day. I highly recommend her as a wedding officiant. Thank you so much Megan for facilitating such a beautiful and memorable moment in our lives.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Willow. It was such an honor to be a part of this momentous day. I loved getting to know you and Ben. Thank you!

Toccara · Married on 06/04/2016

We got married June, 4th 2016 and Megan Barber was AMAZING! We actually never met in person until the rehearsal because we were out of state, we skyped and decided she was the one for us! She really takes the time and effort to put together a masterpiece, you would have never known she had never met us before. She is very accommodating and allows you to customize everything as well as guides you through the process with every little detail. She is a wonderful officiant and we would highly recommend her to everyone!! We are still hearing reviews about how great the ceremony was, she nailed it! Thank you Megan!!!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Toccara. I completely loved working with you and Jimmy. It was so great getting to meet all of your friends and family and see all the love you share. Thanks for including me in your lives!

Claire · Married on 05/28/2016

I asked Megan to officiate my wedding after I saw her do a beautiful job at my sisters wedding the year before. Even though I already knew that she was great, Megan still exceeded my expectations. Megan went above and beyond to make sure everything went well but was also understanding of last minute changes to our ceremony plan. She got to know us as a couple and crafted a ceremony that reflected who we are. She helped us pick readings and other aspects to make the ceremony special. Because I knew that Megan was on top of it and because she offered such great ideas, I really did not have to worry about the ceremony at all. My experience of planning a wedding ceremony was much less stressful than that of my friends who either had officiants who didn't help with so many aspects of the ceremony (introduction, procession, readings, handfasting, help with vows, ring ceremony, etc.). I very highly recommend working with Megan!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Claire. I am so honored to have gotten to be a part of your family for two beautiful weddings. I loved working with you and Evan, and have so many fond memories of your sweet ceremony. Wishing you both all the very best.

Ellen · Married on 05/01/2016

Megan is an artist of the soul. She consecrated our daughter's wedding with great emotional, intellectual, and spiritual intelligence, with her words, her presence, her warmth, and her humor.

It was such a from-the-heart ceremony, with respect for both the bride's and groom's faith traditions, honoring where they came from, who they are (she really "got" them), and blessing them in their 'dance' into their future.

Megan brought great joy and meaning to the wedding.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Ellen, it was such an honor and joy to be a part of this important and meaningful day for your family. Thank you.

Laura · Married on 05/01/2016

Megan was amazing! She really "got" us, despite having only met us once before the ceremony (we talked by Skype and email, and then met at the wedding rehearsal). She had us fill out a questionnaire about ourselves and our relationship, and she used the information to craft a beautiful, meaningful ceremony that reflected who we are as people.

She did a great job of putting together a ceremony that was mostly secular but included traditions from both of our religious/cultural backgrounds, as I am Jewish and my husband is Christian. She was incredibly helpful and responsive throughout the process of planning the wedding, and let us read through her drafts of the ceremony and make any changes we wanted.

On the day of the wedding, I really appreciated her warm, calm presence! She performed the ceremony wonderfully and had most of our guests crying *and* laughing. I highly recommend her as an officiant, especially for couples who are interfaith, secular, or otherwise want a unique ceremony tailored to them and their communities.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Laura. I just loved working with you and Steve. I laughed and cried too - reading your questionnaires. Your stories and laughter, openness and integrity, and love for each other made writing and officiating your ceremony a complete joy. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding.

Celina · Married on 04/02/2016

I definitely planned a non traditional wedding and wanted to find an Officiant who was local and had spontaneous openings. I called and she was open and ready to help me out (the date was two weeks from when I called). Very courteous and easy to work with. She made our moment special and I would highly recommend her. Thanks again!!

Sent on 04/07/2016

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You're so welcome, Celina! Thank you for including me in your day.

Megan was very patient, collaborative, and fun to work with! Thank you so much for

Sent on 01/30/2016

Megan was amazing!! She was our officiant for our unique multicultural wedding. Not only did she rearrange plans with her husband to be able to help us out...she also did an extraordinary job! She has a brilliant talent for this. She was able to truly see our connection and love for one another and was able to eloquently express that for our ceremony of union. She gave advise, support, and kindness throughout the entire journey. She was our guide and measure to obtaining the perfect ceremony. With her help we were able to hav a genuine and unique ceremony which expressed both our cultures and both our spiritual beliefs. She guided a Spanish speaking potion of our wedding as well...and did a beautiful job. She was a calm, spiritual and a peaceful presence. Brides and grooms tend to get caught up and spend time and money on things that, in the end, we could do without....Megan was well worth it!!! Our ceremony became the most magical part of our special day...which it should be. I would highly recommend her and I plan on using her whenever I have a life ceremony in the future.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much. I just loved working with the two of you - fue un honor y un placer verdadero. And it's been so sweet running into you around town since! You two are great.

Kelly · Married on 08/22/2015

Megan was our officiant for our wedding and did such a wonderful job! We found her online, and liked how she offered custom services and allowed us to make our wedding ceremony our own. She gave us lots of great suggestions and helped us craft the perfect ceremony for us. She is such a grace to talk to, just one of those people who just puts you at ease to be around. She was very professional and did a great job running the rehearsal and had great ideas about how to organize it. We were so lucky to find her, and I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly. I so enjoyed working with the two of you and getting to meet your friends and family. I wish you both all the best!

kayla · Married on 06/13/2015

Megan did an amazing job on our ceremony. I contacted her a week before the wedding with no Idea what I was doing and or how to begin organizing or figuring out what I wanted for a ceremony. She helped me every step of the way, offered some amazing ideas, delivered an absolutely beautiful ceremony. What I really liked and made it easy for me was how she sent over a timeline with our whole ceremony written out so I had an idea of how it was going to go. Megan is so sweet and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Kayla. I loved working with the two of you. Congratulations!

Matt · Married on 10/11/2014

Megan was FANTASTIC! She was incredibly easy to work with, and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks, Matt. You guys were great!

Laurie · Married on 10/11/2014

Megan did a fantastic job performing our ceremony. My husband and I chose a very non-traditional route for our wedding at Six Flags and Megan jumped right on board with us and understood our sense of humor. She was so easy to work with and always very quick to respond. She was a great addition to our wedding day for sure.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You're so welcome. What a fun wedding! I loved being a part of it.

Kristin · Married on 09/13/2014

Megan was wonderful to work with before, during and after our ceremony! She really helped us figure out what type of ceremony we wanted, and created an absolute masterpiece! Our ceremony was so "us" and we received several compliments about how it was the most personal ceremony they have ever been to. Megan is such a genuine person and I highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Kristin. Your and Steve's wedding was such a highlight for me, and I loved working with you to create meaningful rituals and make your wedding so YOU. Congratulations!

PAULA · Married on 09/13/2014

Megan was the celebrant at my daughter's wedding. She was absolutely amazing to work with and took the time to really know Kristin and Steve. As a result the ceremony was very personal and reflected the love, humor, love of animals and commitment to each other that is so much a part of their relationship. Weeks after the wedding I continued to hear from people who attended about what a unique ceremony it was and how they had never seen anything quite like it before. This is a real tribute to Megan as she designed it. Megan is the best and I highly recommend her as the celebrant for your special day and it will be special, trust me!

Paula Ingalls

Sent on 10/15/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Paula. It was such an honor to be a part of your daughter's wedding and to celebrate this milestone with your family. I wish you all all the best for always.

Diana · Married on 09/21/2013

Megan Barber Rocks
    I can’t say enough about what a wonderful job Megan Barber did this autumn helping Jim and me celebrate our wedding. Just as I was teetering on the brink of full-scale panic earlier this year trying to think what to do and say at the ceremony, Megan’s email announcing her role as life cycle celebrant arrived like a sign from on high. She worked closely with us both, asking evocative questions to help us organize our chaotic thoughts and expectations, and suggested a variety of appealing gestures, poems and rituals we could adapt to our personal preferences. She then took our input and drafted the script and choreography of a ceremony that was intimate, elegant and moving. I can’t imagine how we could have coped without her. Jim and I both recommend her whole-heartedly to help you celebrate any and all of life’s rites of passage in beautiful and unique ways. Diana C

Sent on 07/13/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Diana! I loved getting to know the two of you and bringing to life your vision for your intimate wedding. Congratulations!

Megan was amazing! My husband's friends and family only speak spanish so it was nice to be able to include everyone in our ceremony!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much. I absolutely loved getting to know the two of you and creating your bilingual ceremony. Felicidades!