22 Reviews for Megan Abbott Photography

High-Res Images (2)
One Event/Day (2)
Boudoir Shoot (1)
Toning (1)

Megan is absolutely incredible. She and Allen have such a special talent, and truly have a knack for capturing that perfect moment. Our engagement photos came out stunning, and we have recommended her services to many friends. She made my fiance and I feel completely at ease (we both are not naturals in front of the camera) and directed us flawlessly each step of the way. I cannot recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Alyssa , 2/16/20, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, Second Shooter

Thank you so much Megan for your absolutely amazing work! We are so glad that we chose Megan to be our photographer for our engagement in LA!! Megan is truly a professional photographer. Not only taking the most stunning photos, but they ( Megan & Alan) are also such wonderful people. They are both caring, kind, helpful and patient. They are easy and fun to work with, and they make you feel natural in front of the camera. All the photos we got are exactly what we look for. So dreamy & romantic!! We have received lots of compliment about our engagement photos!! Megan is brilliant with camera angles and lighting, and she made the end product look ethereal, elegant and timeless. We will definitely rate Megan Abbott Photography a 10 out of 10, and I recommend them to all couples!

Profile Picture Debby, 12/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Both my husband and I can't believe how lucky we were to have found Megan. She's not only a fantastic photographer, she is also an amazing human being, and the same goes for Allen, her assistant and boyfriend. Megan was extremely kind and professional from our very first interaction. We had a simple wedding and she was willing to work with our budget, which really meant a lot to us and showed just what kind of professional she is - one that understands that everyone's stories, needs and limitations are different. Please note: this is not an invitation to attempt to hire Megan for less than what she is worth - believe me when I say that what she charges is more than reasonable for what you will get. Anyway, we met Megan in person to discuss the wedding and she was extremely attentive and just a delight to be around. She fully embraced our (somewhat) crazy ideas for our ceremony and was very excited. You can tell just by talking to her how much she loves her job. On the day itself, Megan really could not have done a better job. She was always prepared, photographed every angle we needed and many more, and to top it off she helped to calm me down when I got a little stressed out with all the logistics. If you hire Megan, she won't be just a ghost taking pictures in the corner; she will be there for you. And that really made a difference. Lastly, the photos turned out SO amazing that I have been staring at them for 3 days straight and don't intend to stop anytime soon. They look beautiful, ethereal, and very natural. She could not have captured our special day any better. THANK YOU MEGAN!!! - Barb and Griffin

Profile Picture Barbara, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Best photographer ever! The quality of our pictures is beyond what we could have imagined. Megan is able to create amazing shots and is so easy to work with. She made our wedding day wonderful! We also did our engagement photos with her and they were amazing.

Profile Picture Leslie, 8/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

My husband and I decided to run away and elope in California and needed to find a photographer, and stumbled across Megan Abbott Photography. I reached out and Megan responded immediately. She was unavailable on the day of our wedding, but she referred us to her partner Allen. We reached out to Allen and he was also extremely responsive and scheduled a video chat with us. After that, we were all set to go! The contract was extremely easy to fill out electronically, since we lived out of state. We decided we were going to go to the courthouse for the ceremony, and then head off to a beach to take more pictures and do some personal ceremonies. Allen drove an hour to meet us at the courthouse, was more than willing to be our witness, and then followed us to the beach afterwards. He was so accommodating, kind, and fun to be around. He has an amazing eye and took phenomenal pictures. He was able to get shots of things we asked him to, as well as add some of his own artsy ideas. We got our pictures back in an extremely timely manner and they are beautiful. I would recommend Megan and Allen to anyone who is looking for a photographer. We were extremely disappointed in our engagement photos and this team went above and beyond to ensure we did not have that same experience. They make a great team and are so much fun! We loved working with you guys so much, thank you for making our wedding day easy, stress free, and memorable! We knew you would do an incredible job, and will always be grateful for you both!

Profile Picture McKenzie, 6/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Toning, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Megan is an absolute delight to work with. We highly recommend her! I admire her ability to capture the emotion and beauty of a moment, versus just snapping posed shots. She is very helpful with coaching about what looks good while keeping the atmosphere natural and comfortable for you. Book her!

Profile Picture Kay, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had two weddings and Megan and Allen photographed both. I am still amazed by how they were able to capture the love, excitement and intimacy of our small(20 person) ceremony and our big (200 person celebration).

Our first ceremony was in March, it was a Buddhist/Christian ceremony with just family. On the day of the ceremony it was cold and drizzling so everything got moved to a small indoor area. Megan and Allen captured so many amazing moments that day without affecting the the closeness and intimacy of the ceremony at all. Its like they weren't even there. She took great care of me when we took some quick shots outside(I insisted on some pictures in the garden) and checked in on me to make sure I wasn't getting to cold. Our pictures turned out amazing.

Our second ceremony was an outdoor wedding and reception in June that involved a traditional Sri Lankan and Kandyan ceremony with lots of parts. Megan and Allen put time in to learning all the customs of the "poruwa" ceremony and captured my cultural traditions beautifully. This ceremony was so much larger and I often felt overwhelmed on top of being weighed down by all the tradional jewelry(a headdress and 7 large necklaces) Megan was always there behind me, not just to take photos but to make sure I was ok or hydrated. I can't express how important and amazing it was to have a photographer that can read the bride.

Megan's experience, talent and compassion come together to give you the most stress free experience.

Photo for Megan Abbott Photography Review - They were able to capture the love, excitement and intimacy
Photo for Megan Abbott Photography Review - Megan and Allen put time in to learning all the customs of t
Photo for Megan Abbott Photography Review - Ceremony #2 June 10 2018
Photo for Megan Abbott Photography Review - Ceremony #1 March 10 2018
Profile Picture Sewwi, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I'm not even sure how my then fiance found Megan but I'm just so glad he found her! Megan was incredible from start to finish. She made everything so easy for us. From our engagement photos to the very last photo she took on our wedding day, there's not one bad thing I can say about her! Megan is so extremely professional but shes also personable and super thoughtful. Not only does she get all of her shots that she needs, she makes sure you're comfortable all the time! I didn't have to tell her photos I wanted to take, she just knew what she needed and she got it. Our engagement photos are so classy and elegant and exactly what we had in mind. She gave us sneak peak photos from both our engagement photos and our wedding day within a couple of days and it was amazing! From our wedding, about a month after, she already had the entire album ready for us and even mailed us a USB with all of the photos in them. I definitely 1000000% recommend Megan. Not only does she know what she's doing, she also enjoys and cares about every photo she takes and it really shows in her work.

Profile Picture Addie, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY. I started to tear up once I saw the cover photo to my 117 photo-album. Once I got to the 10th photo I was crying!!!!! Hands down blown away and I plan on making Megan's images artwork around my home. If you get the chance to work with this kind-bubbly spirit, I recommend going to El Matador beach during sunset. I can't imagine a better time and place!

Profile Picture Miranda, 12/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Megan went above and beyond for my elopement photos! She was available on short notice, provided venue suggestions and even helped to jumpstart my car after my brand new husband left the lights on!
She was gracious and professional. It was the best experience I've ever had with a professional photographer. You will not regret asking Megan to photograph you, your family and friends, your event or whatever else. She's versatile, clever and topnotch. Also, she is humble and comfortable to be around, which made posing and acting natural around her a breeze.

Profile Picture Alissa, 11/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where do I begin when describing Megan Abbott? In a few words, Megan is simply amazing. I found Megan on Wedding Wire in 06/2017 when she was in the process of moving to Los Angeles. At first, I was hesitant but Megan assured me she would be in Los Angeles ready to go by 08/2017 so we would have more than enough time to complete my engagement session and of course my wedding in 10/2017. During our first consultation over the phone, we instantly connected. It was like talking to a best friend because we had so much in common and it made it so easy to describe my taste and vision for my wedding. Our engagement and wedding photos are beyond beautiful and truly capture the silliness of my husband and I. We are constantly complemented on how breathtaking they are and we gladly refer them over to Megan. Megan understood my style and what I type of look I was going for. It was easy to brainstorm different ideas for shots and locations with her. Honestly, working with Megan was the best photography experience that I have ever had. I cannot recommend Megan enough as she is highly creative, communicative, professional and so much fun to work with (as is her super helpful assistant :) ) I look forward to working with Megan again for future sessions.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have had the privilege of knowing Megan since we were both in 7th grade (we are both 24 now). Life brought us different ways, but the moment Andrew and I got engaged, I knew I wanted her to be our photographer; there is something extra special when you KNOW the person behind the lens and they are really able to capture the person you are.

We met up for a consultation back home in Brevard County, FL and discussed what we were looking for and caught up on years past. When it came for our engagement shoot, Megan met us up in Winter Park, FL to do a shoot at Leu Gardens. We were so nervous to be in front of a camera, but Megan made everything manageable and fun! Nothing FELT posed, even "posed" shots - it was just all natural and full of love. She would have us do little acts like whisper in the other's ear to get these adorable, intimate shots, and then a second later you would get a genuine, full-belly-laughing smile. We LOVED our engagement photos and received the gallery within 2 weeks; we even used one of the sneak peek photos as our "Save the Date" card!

Between the engagement and wedding, I decided I wanted to do something special for my future husband, so I enlisted Megan's help in doing a bridal boudoir shoot. I was SO NERVOUS, y'all. Like, I would not have thought of this idea if she were not the photographer. But once again, Megan made everything easy going and even dare-I-say fun! In hindsight, I am so glad we did it. I'm a thin girl, but we all have our own critiques...these photos were BEAUTIFUL!

Finally, we had THE WEDDING. I am running out of positive adjectives to use (and space). Megan hit all of my "must have" shots and went above and beyond during the day. She and her second shooter worked very well with the videographer and we could not be more pleased with the results. Everything is GORGEOUS and will be treasured forever. Thank you, Megan!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/15/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Megan such a lovely woman and very talented photographer.
I chose her to photograph our wedding. Thank you so much for our wedding pictures. We are really like our photos. They are amazing! Im so happy to find her.
Our photos are perfect. Composition, layout, and special color. That's exactly I wanted. She understands me what exactly I'm looking for. She is professional and made a great result in our beach wedding in California. Outdoor in day time. All light and colors are so lovely. All the pictures are emotional and narrative of our big day showing joy, happiness and love we shared with our friends and family.
I'm so happy choosing her as our photographer. Such a great experience work with Megan. She made our day more memorable and special.

Profile Picture Gazelle, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Additional Hours, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Megan is an absolute gem of a photographer! Completely professional and her photos are everything I ever wanted! She captures every moment perfectly and artistically. We had her for both engagement and wedding photos!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Megan was great. Very professional. Made my family feel like we were just taking regular pictures. The turn around was great and quick. The pictures turned out amazing too.

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What an absolute gem! Megan puts you completely at ease while photographing and has a kind, energetic spirit that truly added to the day. Her glowing personality was a much appreciated asset to our day. After unfortunate changes to the date and location of the wedding, she was so gracious and flexible and made a nightmare a non-issue and completely calmed me over the ordeal. Her pictures were so stunning! She was my first choice, and after doing some research, I couldn't find anyone else whose portfolio I LOVED and kept coming back to Megan's beautiful work as the unmatched example. She photographed our day with lovely candor. The pictures are so genuine and natural. In our wedding pictures, my husband and I look like ourselves, instead of strangers, which so often seems to happen in wedding photos. We were the most lovely versions of ourselves and she somehow captured our personalities and essence. For lack of a better term, it was so "us"! We get to enjoy looking at each other as we were instead of a false, over-edited recreation of us. My husband, who doesn't like posing, was very comfortable during our bride and groom shoot. Megan gently guided what felt natural and produced stunning results. She was simply the best choice and so wonderful to work with! Her work speaks for itself and I confidently recommend her for reasons beyond that. Megan is a very talented up and coming photographer and the opportunity to work with her should not be missed as she gains notoriety.

Profile Picture E, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not have asked for a better experience with a photographer at our wedding. Megan Abbott brings a wonderful personality along with capturing great photos.

Profile Picture Ben, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Megan was an absolute dream! She was perfect in every single way, and the photos came out flawlessly.

Profile Picture Morgan, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Megan was an absolute pleasure! My husband I recently got married and wanted to do a shoot with our respective childhood dogs. Megan and I brainstormed to come up with a location that was a safe environment for the dogs. That was the first part of the wonderful experience we had working with her. The shoot itself was absolutely wonderful! Megan directed the entire shoot, told us how to pose (and how NOT to pose!!) and gave us the confidence we needed to pull off such a quirky theme. She worked tirelessly throughout the hour to ensure that we have the type of photographs we truly wanted. She was respectful of our time, our vision and the environment in which we were working. The turn around time from the shoot to the digital delivery of the photographs was exactly one week (which is fantastic!). The photographs are incredible! Her eye for capturing her subject(s) is wonderful. Her talent for her craft is indisputable. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Megan was amazing! Arrived early with her assistant, got all the shots we wanted and took the time to go over a shot list with us beforehand. All the photos were incredibly flattering which is hard to do in Florida sun and with my pickiness about pictures of myself.

So very happy we hired Megan Abbott photography for our wedding!

Profile Picture angela, 1/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Megan did our wedding. She was referred to us by the Brevard County Pride Festival. She was extremely professional and worth every penny. She is easy to work with and absolutely adorable. Florida's loss is California's gain.

Profile Picture Mike , 11/7/15, 2 Reviews