Meg Van Kampen Studios, LLC Reviews

37 | Holland, MI

37 Reviews for Meg Van Kampen Studios, LLC

Megan was an absolute joy to work with (as was her second shooter Amy) and I'm so pleased with how our pictures turned out. It was absolutely worth every penny to have beautiful pictures of our special day, and she even captured many little moments we missed because we were so busy. Her photos are creative, artistic, and her candid shots are amazing (they look like they're straight from a magazine). All my family and friends have raved over our pictures, and I'm so proud to share them. We have too many great ones to choose from!

Megan was easy to work with, which was a big help when I was so busy planning. She put us at ease while shooting, and we had fun despite the intense heat of the day! We can't wait until the next time we're able to have a shoot with her!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Megan · Married on 08/10/2013

Meg is AWESOME to work with!! She's hilarious, easy-going, and captured our wedding day perfectly! I highly recommend Meg !

Sent on 09/03/2013

Samantha · Married on 08/03/2013

Meg did an amazing job with our wedding photography. We couldn't have been more pleased. She was very organized and had great ideas. I would recommend her to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Jillian · Married on 06/29/2013

Meg was a joy to work with and did a fantastic job capturing our wedding day!! Highly recommended and already photographing a close friends wedding in June 2014.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Jordan · Married on 06/22/2013

Meg was wonderful to work with and she did such a fantastic job on our wedding pictures, let's just say it was perfect. Love being able to have such beautiful pictures of my special day.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Kathy · Married on 08/10/2012

Exceptional photography and service for a outdoor wedding in a cherry orchard overlooking the bay in Suttons Bay, Michigan. The pictures were stunning and captured the moment in candid photography.
    We were just in awe of Megan's skill and professional work.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2015

Meg was the photographer for my wedding at the end of May, as well as for our engagement pictures. She is a wonderful, artistic photographer and very friendly, fun, and personable. We loved our engagement pictures on the lake, and our wedding pictures were awesome despite time constraints and less than ideal weather. Her pictures look natural, not posed, which I absolutely love. We had a huge, sometimes difficult to direct, wedding party, but we got some awesome shots of all of us. She really captured the fun, light-heartedness of our wedding reception. She also worked with our pastor who insisted on no pictures during the ceremony and was able to get some gorgeous pictures of our ceremony. I am so glad we chose Meg! I would highly recommend her to anyone for weddings and engagement pictures.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

Meg was great to work with! She was very accommodating and was able to pick out locations that looked beautiful in our photos. We are very happy with our photos and would highly recommend Meg!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/26/2009

Meg is the type of person you instantly become friends with. Her level of excitement for our big day seemingly matched ours right from the start. She was even patient and understanding when we pushed our original date to a later one! During the stress of planning, knowing we had a reliable, fun and talented photographer in our corner was beyond comforting. Meg's talent and professionalism transcends expectations!! We follow her on all social media platforms simply to continue seeing her work. I recommend Meg Van Kampen Studios without hesitation.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Ashleigh · Married on 08/27/2016

Meg was great to work with. She was friendly, personable and took time to understand my husband and I so that we were comfortable during both our engagement and wedding shoots. We had a wild bridal party; Meg and her second photographer remained very professional and helped get us the shots we wanted, yet they still made it fun and very enjoyable for everyone! Her style is unique and the quality of her photos cannot be beat and she gets them back to you very quickly! Highly recommend Meg Van Kampen Studios, LLC!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Stephani · Married on 09/30/2017

3.8
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

Meg was awesome! She did my friends wedding also & that’s how I decided to hire her

Sent on 11/20/2017

0.4
      0.5

I never thought I would be sitting down to write this review, but since my MOHs’ reviews were asked to be removed by Meg, I felt it was important that other engaged couples making such a big decision to know my experience. I hope that it coming from the Bride herself, this review will not be removed.
    Approximately 6 weeks before our wedding Meg reached out to us to let us know she was sick, but that she still planned to shoot our wedding. We waited in limbo until about 2 weeks before our big day when Meg made it official that she would not be there to shoot our day. To her credit, Meg is quite ill. In spite of her knowing this she assured me and my family that she and her second shooters would still be able to deliver the product we paid over $3,000 to receive. Not to mention, at this point it was too late to pursue a new vendor. Meg then did not put me in touch with the new photographers until FOUR days before our wedding.
    The day of our wedding our new photographers were so lovely. Kind and professional, BUT not quite the leaders you need when having a day full of many moving parts. I spent a good majority of time suggesting shots I wanted. It was also glaringly apparent that the photographers had not scouted any locations for our shots. Which Meg had assured me she would. All of this would have been easy to forgive had our final product been, as Meg promised, the caliber of photos we hired her off of. To my horror, they were not. Many were poorly edited, shot from unflattering angles and with terrible lighting. When expressing my disappointment to Meg, she said she was too ill to notice that she had given me ELEVEN photos of just my wedding programs. Meg then proceeded to post my wedding on her blog and include photographs she re-edited, but that she did not provide me.
    Meg's talent is undeniable and is the reason I hired her, unfortunately her services did not match her talent. I hope sharing my story helps others when making this big decision.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Meg Van Kampen Studios, LLC's reply:

I was fighting what I thought was adrenal fatigue for months before the wedding. I realized it was something MUCH greater than just fatigue and contacted my couple six weeks before the date. I was honest that there was a chance I may not be well by the time of their day. They were very understanding and knew that this would mean my second shooters would shoot the day for them. They NEVER asked to get out of the contract. If they had I would have helped them in any way I could have. I started getting SEVERELY ill to a point where I was having trouble walking and functioning and knew it was most likely not going to happen. I set the bride up with one of my second shooters when she was in town as requested. All was well. The day of the wedding I was close to being in a coma and paralyzed, yet still managed to text my second shooters to check in on the day. I heard nothing bad about the day. I began getting better and edited the wedding and was pleased with the images. I contacted the bride after, thinking she would be pleased and was surprised to hear they were disappointed. Already putting negative reviews before I could try and please them. I was very shocked because I thought we did great! I take pride in my work and customer service. I offered immediately to reedit photos and add as many as she wanted, but she refused. It broke my heart because I truly wanted to be there and care about this couple. I did offer some compensation not because we didn't do well, but because they were unhappy. I blogged their beautiful day because I was proud of my second shooters and I wanted to offer it to them to share with friends and family. I did slightly crop one or two images for the blog post, but that was all. I did nothing different. I have had excellent reviews up until now because I truly CARE about my clients and try my very best even when LIFE hits you hard! I was so devastated to miss this wedding because of health issues. I wish this couple the very best!