Meg Ruth Photo Reviews

26 | Las Vegas, NV

26 Reviews for Meg Ruth Photo

Sarah · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to have Meg Ruth do our engagement and wedding photography for our destination wedding in Las Vegas. Meg was amazing to work with. She is so creative, friendly, and talented. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and the resulting pictures were absolutely stunning. She was flexible to our needs and did so well coordinating and photographing our large group of family and friends on our wedding day. She is extremely professional and was able to get our photos to us so quickly after taking them.
    Meg is the most amazing and talented photographer we have ever met and for this reason, we would recommend her to anyone who wants amazing pictures taken for any special occasion. Meg Ruth rocks!

Meg, thank you so much for capturing the magic of our special day!
    Sarah and Kevin

Catherine · Married on 11/07/2015

I could not imagine having anyone besides Meg shoot our wedding. She is so sweet and made us feel so special all day. When she did our engagement pictures I can honestly say there was not a single picture I did not like and our wedding picture blew me away. I felt so comfortable and so beautiful having my picture taken by Megan. She truly is such an amazing person and photographer. We can not say enough good things about her and highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer.

Ali · Married on 09/26/2015

When it came to wedding planning, the vendor I was most nervous about hiring was our photographer. There are so many great ones that I didnt know how I would ever choose. We met with a few before finally meeting Meg but I knew right then she was the photographer for us! I felt immediately at ease with her, which was important because I was already worried about looking natural while getting thousands of pictures taken. With Meg, it felt like an old friend was just hanging out with us and just happened to also be snapping beautiful photos. She even traveled to Arizona with us so we could get our engagement photos taken at our alma mater. We recently got our wedding photos back from her and they are absolutely magazine worthy. Even throughout our wedding, we kept getting compliments on how awesome our photographer was.
    Thank you Meg for capturing our day beautifully! We love you!
    Ali and Jared

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

Meg is one of the most fun people I have ever met. She makes you feel completely comfortable with a camera in your face, which is hard to do. She captures the most beautiful moments! Her pictures are gorgeous. She knows when to shoot, at which angle, and in which light. The moment I met her she felt like an old friend! I wouldn't want anyone else to photograph me. I will definitely he calling her again in the future!!

Susan · Married on 09/20/2014

Meg is an amazing photographer. She has a way to capture the subtle aspects in every shot. Her awesome personality and her loving nature made us feel at ease during our engagement photos and our wedding. Thank you Meg for your amazing work. The pictures you took of us during our special days we will cherish forever.

• Vegas Style

Casey · Married on 06/08/2014

It’s taken me forever to write this review, I kept wanting to find the time to do it “right”, because truly I can’t say enough about Meg and I wanted to be able to convey that in words.

Meg was the first call I made when we decided to get married in Vegas. We knew we would be bringing together our families from all over Canada and we wanted to truly capture the experience. My husband and I both come from the film industry, he is a cinematographer and I was a camera assent, so the photography for our wedding was extremely important to us… and the truth is, we are ridiculously picky. Not just just about the quality of photos, but about the kind of people (including the vendors) that we were including in our celebration.

From that first call I knew we had found our photographer and after meeting with her and seeing her work, my husband was convinced as well. Two minutes into our first meeting my husband said, “You’re hired”... by the end, they were hugging. Meg is just that delightful.

We spent the next year dreaming and planning our big day and through it all Meg was there, she recommend most of our vendors (all amazing!), helped me sort my colours; cheered on my DIY efforts and truly became a friend.

As for the photos themselves… they are gorgeous!! Meg has a distinct magical ability… somehow she is able to simultaneously put you at ease, bring out your sparkle, make you feel beautiful and then capture it all in her photos. And she does it with grace, humour and a whole lot of style.

This is how my husband describes her: “Meg, professional photographer, one of the finest at her craft and yet so gentle and kind.”

Honestly give yourself the gift of Meg for your wedding, she’ll charm your guests, warm your heart and give you beautiful memories to last a lifetime.

kasey · Married on 06/07/2014

WOW!!!! I dont even know where to begin with the amazingness that is Meg! We had such a great experience from beginning to end. Meg is so personable and fun while being professional at the same time. We chose to do an engagement session with Meg and I cannot be happier that we did. She made us feel so comfortable (cause we are as awkward as it can be taking pictures), confident and we laughed the entire time. So much fun! After our engagement session I felt a HUGE sense of relief knowing that she was in charge of capturing all of the important moments on our wedding day...and she did just that! We are left with such a great memory of our wedding day and I can thank Meg for a majority of that. Not only did our photos tell the story of our entire wedding day but they were truly the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen. It would truly be an honor to be able to work with Meg in the future!

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/19/2014

Oh where to start with Meg. Simply put, she is AMAZING! As a bride planning my wedding across the country, I was worried I wouldn't pick the right vendors for us. Meg was just incredible- right off the bat, we spoke with each other on the phone and hit it off right away. She matched our personal style perfectly. She had fantastic ideas. Throughout our year of planning, I felt like I got to know her even better. She was so helpful, even offering to make recommendations on other vendors in the Las Vegas area!! Meg is professional, yet super friendly. She made us feel so comfortable during our engagement photos as well as during our entire wedding. And have I even mentioned her talent as a photographer?!? The BEST of the best, folks. Her artistic eye is unbelievable. All of you brides, do yourself a favor and quit looking: Meg is the gal to go with!!!!!!!! Thank you so much Meg!!!!

Adrian · Married on 11/03/2013

I immediately get choked up and teary eyed at the thought of reliving our incredible experience with Meg. It seems like a big task to convey to you how much we treasure her and the footprint she has left for our memories of our wedding. Thank you to her, we have the most amazing photographs to show everyone and especially our children someday.

My husband and I met Meg at Town Square earlier this year and it was love at first giggle talking about our pups. We met with several photographers and we knew she was the one once she suggested engagement photos at the ice rink where my husband plays in a men’s league. We barely mentioned that he plays, and she picked right up on it. Hockey is a really big part of our lives (imagine that in the desert) and our engagement photos absolutely reflected that – US! I also totally admired her for getting out on the ice that day, since we had no expectation of her taking that risk. We were even more eager to get to our wedding day because “love” just isn’t the proper expression for our engagement photos.

Meg confirmed over and over for us throughout our experience that she had been truly been sent to us from above and we would call her a friend first before calling her our photographer (hello Star Wars geeks). She just innately knows where your hearts are as a couple and her intuition is off the charts magical. Meg is able to put everyone at ease, even someone uncomfortable in front of a camera. She showers you with sincere compliments and asks you to just be yourselves, which means love is what you see in her photographs. The love, care, and diligence she puts into capturing the biggest day of your life – all of the big things and every little thing – is truly extraordinary.

We feel blessed beyond measure to have had the chance to work with her and now call her a friend!

Katherine · Married on 10/19/2013

Meg is absolutely great! She takes beautiful pictures. We had her take engagement pictures and wedding pictures as well. We got our engagement pictures ready in about a week and even had sneak peeks that same day! She is very professional and freaking hilarious. She is so sweet and personable. We hit it off instantly. She is a pleasure to work with. Love her!!

Chelsey · Married on 04/13/2013

I loved Meg!! She did an amazing job on our engagement session and an even more amazing job on our wedding! My husband and I previously did an engagement session with another photographer, and it didn't work out well. But with Meg, she is so sweet, relaxed, and somehow has a way just to make us look amazing.

Meg is so genuinely nice that she was a pleasure to work with. I was mortified when my in-laws gave her their personal camera to take a picture, but Meg was so sweet about it and took the picture for them.

She was a gem to work with and I don't think I could have found a better photographer. And she will definitely be our photographer for any future photography needs.

Juliet · Married on 10/20/2012

Megan from MegRuth Photography was a dream to work with! I could not have asked for more beautiful photographs. She listened very carefully to what I wanted and ensured that she shot everything I had asked for and more. She has a very unique creative eye that creates the most beautiful photographs. She also was so fun to work with. I felt so relaxed and enjoyed every moment that we were taking pictures. She was extremely organized, professional, but still so fun. I feel like she captured the feeling of our day perfectly . I would recommend MegRuth photography to everyone everywhere!

Katherine · Married on 09/22/2012

"Meg! Meg! Meg! Megggg!!!" Our entire wedding chanted her name as she lifted her camera to take our group shot at the end of the night. What better indicator of a fantastic photographer? My husband and I are from Chicago and hired Meg for our Vegas backyard wedding. She was a total gem from beginning to end. Timely, communicative, accommodating, & personable. Is it weird that as soon I saw her I could feel my nerves and stress melt away? Judging from the other reviews given, it seems she has that way with brides :) The photos were stunning and told the story of our day so perfectly. We are soooo pleased with our investment, we'd choose her over and over again...hands down.

Dick · Married on 07/21/2012

Meg is the Shiz. She knows what shes doing when it comes to photography. Not only are her pictures amazing, but she worked SO well with our family at our wedding and we loved having her there! Also, she put our pictures together in the coolest photo album and I dont think it couldve been done any better! We love you Meg!

Stephanie · Married on 11/05/2011

Meg is not only insanely talented, but she is also the sweetest person I have ever met. Our photos turned out beautifully, and far surpassed my expectations. All of my guests commented on how friendly Meg was, as well as her professionalism. She was excellent at giving everyone feedback on how to pose so that she could get the perfect picture. Her eye for candid shots is really something special.

I loved her work so much that I am hoping to hire her again in the new year for the big reception that my husband and I are planning to throw. Thanks for everything Meg!!

Nicki · Married on 10/13/2011

Megan is an absolute dream! Our photos are stunning, and Megan was delightful to work with. She captured all the moments we were hoping for for our wedding, both candid and posed, and they are wonderful. A++ for this lovely lady.

Jordyn · Married on 10/09/2011

Let me start by saying that I'm a bit of a photography snob. I definitely wanted a certain look. Contemporary enough to not look dated and cheesy, but not so contemporary as to be trendy and look dated several years from now. When I found Meg Ruth Photography, it was love at first sight. Not only was it the perfect blend of classic and modern, but compared to the crazy prices that LA photographers were quoting for a similar style, it was no contest.

Megan traveled all the way from Las Vegas area to LA to photograph my October 9th wedding. She was such a pleasure to work with, and not only were her photos stunning (they've already been picked up by a well-known wedding blog), most of my guests said that they didn't even notice a photographer being there. I find it quite distracting when a wedding is covered by a swarming crew of paparazzi-style photographers. She was very inconspicuous AND as a 1-woman operation, she managed to cover so many angles, you'd think she MUST have had at least one other photographer with her. Very impressive.

Megan covered both the posed and the candid shots beautifully, and I LOVE the great detail shots. We all spend so much time making sure our weddings capture our personalities as a couple, we really need to document all the little things that made it "us," right?

Finally, I have to compliment her responsiveness. I have several friends who complained that it took months just to get their photos posted on their photographers' share sites. Not Meg. The photos were available for review almost immediately, and I received my disks of images less than 3 weeks later. Now that's service!

Crystal · Married on 04/23/2011

Absolutely an amazing photographer! She is especially excellent at capturing those small intimate moments and making you feel so comfortable with her there. She encourages you to be yourself, and she makes you look great while doing it! Everyone is still raving over our photos almost a year later.

Katie · Married on 01/16/2011

MegRuth did an absolutely amazing job!!! A photographer captures your special moments for the rest of your life and Meg did just that and did it perfectly. She not only took amazing pictures but she made the bridal party and families feel so comfortable taking pictures. She also helped me so much the day of the wedding, sort of like she was a bridesmaid! The only thing I would change is to live in Las Vegas so I can use Meg for all of photography needs!

Meredith · Married on 11/20/2010

Megan is an absolute pleasure to work with and my wedding photos turned out amazing. I recently had a friend tell me that whatever I paid her wasn't enough. By the end of our wedding Megan felt like more of a friend than just a photographer. She was excellent at making my husband and I feel like it was just the two of us. She caught so many incredible moments and I am so thankful for attention to detail. My husband and I plan to have another wedding in a different location and we have already booked Megan for the event. I cannot suggest her enough. You will NOT be disappointed with Meg Ruth Photography.

Lisa · Married on 09/04/2010

I could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding day. She immediately felt like my best friend, helping us pose better and making us feel so great. She caught so many little moments of our wedding that we didn't get to see, and was quick to adapt to the ever-changing atmosphere of the wedding festivities. She is a joy to work with and an excellent photographer. I'm so glad we picked her. I never knew I could look so good!

Amy · Married on 05/22/2010

I cannot begin to explain the amazing-ness that is Meg Ruth Photography! Her bright personality infused energy into the photo shoots and helped us achieve wonderfully relaxed, fun, and beautiful wedding photos. She is honest (in the best way possible) and clearly loves what she does. Her passion and artistry shine in the finished products, especially her attention to details--the ones you may have missed or forgotten.

Honestly, you will cry happy tears all over again when you go through your photos. Meg will make you look even more dazzling than you looked on your wedding day, but somehow also make you look 100% you. She is a real as it gets, and a wonderful photographer. I recommend her without reservation--you will not regret it!

Tamara · Married on 01/16/2010

Megan is a top-notch photographer with great preparation and intuition. Before our wedding, she asked me to send her a list of the names of my relatives. She arrived early, introduced herself to my family, and quickly took control of a big, rambunctious bunch of people. She kept calm during what seemed an overwhelming and busy day to me. She captured the memorable moments of me and my husband, snapshots of our guests enjoying themselves at our reception, and she even took time to take special pictures of the decor, the flowers, the cake, and our rings. When I looked at all the pictures, I had no idea how she managed to fit everything in -- and so beautifully done! I've had several friends ask for her contact information for their own weddings. I highly recommend her. I am SO glad Megan was our photographer. She made our day picture perfect.

• O

Natellie · Married on 08/12/2009

Megan is the best photographer ever!! She photographed our engagements and our wedding. She is very professional and and such a very nice person. I would recommend Megan to anyone who is getting married and know that she will do a wonderful job. Our wedding pictures came out so beautiful. We really appreciate everything that Megan did to make our wedding special.

Anna · Married on 08/07/2008

At the time when Megan photographed our wedding in Las Vegas, she was just starting her business in earnest. Her website had photos from two other weddings, one with photos from an In-n-Out, and she also showcased the sweetest photos taken in a what I immediately recognized as a tiny Midwest town. Having grown up in a similar place, I knew right then, she'd be up for anything which is exactly what we needed!

Over the course of our 3 day wedding affair, Megan traipsed all around Las Vegas with us in 100+ degree August heat to capture our memories at the Neon Boneyard, the cactus garden at Ethel M's, a bowling center, Chipotle and the Hoover Dam, site of our "Dam Wedding!"

I couldn't have imagined it working out any better. I've been to a lot of weddings where the photographer is too center stage, not allowing guests to snap photos or working too hard to set the scenes of pics to the point where guests are uncomfortable. Megan was none of these things. She was like a member of the family as she snapped photos on the two busses we contracted for the day's events and was encouraging others to take photos, too.

In short, MegRuth Photography managed to capture the love and fun we were having that day and still have together. I feel honored to be among her first wedding shoots and I hope future anniversary trips to Las Vegas can include more photography sessions with her.