Medina Country Club Reviews

8 | Medina, OH

8 Reviews for Medina Country Club

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

Booking our reception at Medina Country Club was such a great decision! Jamme is wonderful to work with, and any member of the staff was willing to help us with any questions we had! Jamme even brought the wedding party some appetizers while we were taking photos on the golf course! The reception went amazingly well, and I received so many compliments on the room, staff, and food! I highly reccomend Medina Country Club as a reception venue! I'm so glad we booked here, and I have absolutely no regrets!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Angela · Married on 08/22/2015

Jamme was amazing to work with!! He was there every second I needed anything!! One of our vendors failed us big time and decorated the head table with the most wrinkly decorations ever! They said they were going to come back but never did...but I didn't have to worry because jamme made the effort to come in at 7am on our wedding day and brought his personal steamer to redo our head table!! We appreciate all the help and dedication Jamme!! The food and service was amazing!! Extremely pleased with everything on our wedding night!!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Katie · Married on 09/21/2013

We had our wedding reception of 225 guests at the Medina Country Club in Medina, OH. We worked with Jamme who was outstanding. He did what you wish all vendors would do, he answered our questioned honestly! He told us which food he would recommend and which he would stay away from due to the number of guests.

The venue itself is gorgeous, winding staircases, balcony view of the golfcourse and rows of pine trees. We had a sit down served dinner, our menu choices were Grilled Tilapia, Steak Strip, and Chicken Marsala. The majority of our guests chose the steak, but everyone raved about the food. The service at our reception was nothing short of top notch. Much of the beginning of the night involved my husband and I walking and talking to each table, at one point a server must have read my mind, because she came over with a glass of water for me! Jamme had our reception staffed perfectly - there were servers everywhere when they needed to be and the bar was staffed to handle the mad rush at the beginning of the night.

At the end of the night, we were not pushed out the door. We had guests who needed to wait (past our event time) for a shuttle. No Problem!! We were welcome to wait until the shuttle arrived without feeling like we were imposing.

The only thing I would say, is that we originaly planned on a wedding of 275 and if we had had that many guests, it would have been VERY cozy, and some guests would have had to sit in the "side room" where the hors d'oeuvre are normally displayed/served. In my opinion 225 is about the max to be seated comfortably in the main room (unless you put more people at each table, or are okay with pushing some tables into the side room - we had 8 - 10 depending on the size of the table).

Overall I would highly recommend Jamme, the staff and Medina Country Club for your wedding! Thanks to all for making our wedding a night to remember forever!

Sent on 12/13/2013

jamey · Married on 09/17/2011

Im going to be honest, I didn't know how I felt about medina country club at first, but boy was I wrong. These guys were great the day of my wedding! They really are their to make it YOUR day! The servers were great, very nice! Food was good! you get a lot for your money with thier packages! I would use them again for another event given the oppertunity.

Sent on 10/13/2011
  • Chelsee

Chelsee · Married on 06/23/2012

3.8
      2.0
      3.0

The food was great although it ran out WAY too quick. The Country Club is beautiful and most of the staff was very nice. There wasn't great signage for our guests so a lot of people were confused as to where to go. And one of their independent contractors was VERY rude to one of my guests. Over all a good experience.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Jillian · Married on 08/06/2011

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

There were a few bumps along the road but my wedding went off without a hitch. This was the best place for the money and I would reccomend it to anyone getting married in the area. The food was amazing.

Sent on 08/23/2011

Nathan Clark · Married on 09/29/2018

2.2
      1.0

Stay away unless you want terrible wedding memories

Wow, where do I even begin....

Initially we were very impressed with this venue, costs and the service provided only to end being disappointed by the lack of customer appreciation and poor communication as well as the following:

1. The dinner menu was not what we had agreed upon. When discussed, their response was that they gave us the correct food and there is nothing they can do about it. Basically, "oh well."
    2. The wedding coordinator had specific instructions on how to lay out our cakes. There were two cakes designed to sit next to each other, not on top of each other. Someone at the venue took it upon themselves to put the small cake on top of the other creating the most ugly and awful looking cake you have ever seen. Their response, "Sorry, we don't deal with cakes!" They had zero remorse for the mistake they made.
    3. The wedding coordinator treated our guests like they were peasants. He was very rude and disrespectful on many occasions and for no good reason.
    4. The owner threatened to take us to court, sent us legal paperwork for a lawsuit because they didn't like a post made by the bride. They then held our security deposit and made us pay for the lawyer charges because they hired an attorney for a "gag clause", which is illegal.
    5. They tried to intimidate us into not posting negative reviews but forgot that Congress passed a law saying you CAN'T TELL SOMEONE WHAT TO POST.
    6. They screwed us on a bar tab to benefit for themselves. They went completely out of line and then made a deal with us only to take back everything they said and screw us over. The memories from our wedding have been ruined by these terrible people.

Bottom line- STAY AWAY AND TAKE YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE. YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED !!!!

Sent on 12/07/2018

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

If you are considering having your reception here.. DON'T!!!! From day 1 of booking this we got screwed over and lied to. The club manager doesn't keep his word about anything and changes or straight forgets what he has told you. If you must book this place make sure everything is written down of what is promised to you so your don't get a huge disappointment like i did, especially on your wedding day. Instead of sitting down enjoying my dinner I was trying to track down the owner because they screwed our meals up so bad. Please save yourself the stress of dealing with someone who lies straight to your face.

Sent on 12/16/2016