Meant To Be Calligraphy Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 28 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
    Sylvanna Married on 10/15/2016
    The finished product is absolutely gorgeous, consistent, and perfected a beautiful invitation and place cards. I have no problem recommending Meant to be and would gladly use them again. She was finished ahead of schedule and did a perfect job. 8 months later, people still comment on how beautiful the calligraphy was.
  • Lisa
    Lisa Married on 08/20/2016
    Michele did a fabulous job on my wedding invitations! We absolutely love everything that she does! I've been working with Michele on various projects for the past 6-8 years and I'm absolutely blown away by her talent!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 08/13/2016
    Meant To Be came recommended to me by Hitched, the bridal boutique in Georgetown where I designed and purchased our invitations. Hitched is a top-notch salon, so I knew anyone they suggested must be good. They gave me several calligraphers to research and choose from, but Michele and Meant To Be stood out immediately. She made the process so easy and even accommodated my rushed timeline (thank you!). Our envelopes were gorgeous and I had several guests text me pictures with comments about how amazing the calligraphy was.

My husband also had Michele help him with my wedding gift - a painting with a message on the back, which she wrote using a font similar to our invitations. Again, her work was flawless. Would highly recommend Michele and Meant To Be to anyone looking for beautiful calligraphy!
    Meghan Married on 06/14/2016
    Michele was incredible for the calligraphy for our wedding! I met Michele when I took her calligraphy workshop and she is just fantastic. I had several customs calligraphy items for my wedding, including a globe for a guest book. Michele was always up for the challenge. She went so above and beyond- working with us to create digital lettering that was made into customs pieces and even doing foreign language calligraphy for our travel themed wedding. The work was so beautiful and fit our overall look perfectly. Amazing communication and product. Highly recommend!
    S Married on 06/04/2016
    Michele was highly recommended to us by our local printer, Old City Press & Co., as well as by previous clients. Her work elevates the design, look and feel of any product. When we distributed the invitations to my daughter’s bridal party, they were impressed immediately by the beautifully scripted calligraphy. She offers so many choices which will capture the personality of the client or the ambiance of the event, from the very formal to more casual. I’ve also seen a seating chart that she did for my friend’s wedding which was so beautiful, it was framed and is hanging in the living room of my friend’s condo – an exquisite reminder of a beautiful day! Not only does she provide a beautiful product, she provides expertise in etiquette and mailing and will check with you if there are any questions. She completed inner/outer envelopes for us within schedule, error-free, and on budget, even though we got the product to her later than planned. She responded to all inquiries immediately. We couldn’t have asked for better service or a more beautiful product!
  • User2523172 2+ years ago
    I am thrilled that we were referred to Michele and got to work with her. The calligraphy was gorgeous and she even shared tips on addressing etiquette (which we were pretty confused about before talking to her). Our invitations created quite the buzz among friends and family with the calligraphy being called out specifically by many. Aside from the great work, Michele was also fantastic at accommodating our quick turnaround request and a few changes along the way. We won't hesitate to call on her for any future calligraphy needs or to recommend her to friends!
  • User2354056 2+ years ago
    Michele at Meant to Be Calligraphy did an AMAZING job with the calligraphy for our wedding! The lettering on our invitations was beautiful, and she was professional, responsive, and totally attentive to every detail. We also used her to do the calligraphy for a mirror that listed our signature cocktails, and that turned out perfectly. She is super nice and easy to work with -- I'd recommend her to anyone!
  • User2178905 2+ years ago
    I was thrilled to find that Michele at Meant to be Calligraphy, who is such a talented calligrapher, was located so close to my home. Michele responded quickly to my initial inquiry and throughout the process she was always responsive, helpful and a pleasure to do business with. I both dropped off and mailed stationary to her that I had purchased on WeddingPaperDivas.com. She did our table number cards, escort cards, and signage for the dessert table. When I picked up everything a few days before the wedding, I was blown away by the quality of her work and it exceeded my (high) expectations. Her work was a beautiful addition to the wedding day!
    Lisa Married on 03/14/2015
    Working with Michele at Meant to Be was an absolute pleasure! She is so nice and responsive, and takes such pride and enthusiasm in producing beautiful calligraphy for your event needs. We used MTB to do the calligraphy for our wedding invitation envelopes. Additionally, Michele did the placecards for our rehearsal dinner, escort cards for our wedding, menu calligraphy for the wedding, table numbers for the wedding, and finally, she created a custom monogram for us that we digitized and had embroidered on our dinner napkins, and used on matchbooks etc. She has so many beautiful font styles to choose from that it was hard to pick just one, but we landed on Draper, which was elegant but also unique. She turned everything around in a timely manner, was responsive to emails, and I felt for the quality and service was 100% worth the cost, and a good value. I wish I had more projects coming up so I could enlist Michele's beautiful work!!
    Melissa Married on 03/08/2014
    I contracted with Michele for my envelopes and seating cards and I was thrilled with her work. There are lots of styles to choose from and she's very easy to work with. Everything was completed in a timely manner and the end result was beautiful.
    Brittany Married on 11/09/2013
    We used Meant to Be Calligraphy for our wedding invitation envelopes, escort cards and reception signage and everything came out beautiful! Michele was such a pleasure to work with, her calligraphy was amazing and her turn-around time was exceptional. I would highly, highly recommend Meant to Be Calligraphy.
    Tara Married on 11/02/2013
    Meant to Be Calligraphy is an amazing find!! Michele is so incredibly talented and gracious to work with. I was astonished at the skill she has and never would have imagined that I could get such high-quality, beautiful, personalized pieces for a reasonable price. I hired Michele to do a few different pieces, with various colors and styles of calligraphy. Her work was unfailing in its quality. Her patience with my decisions, her recommendations when I asked her expert opinion, and her willingness to take on various projects (menus, seating charts, etc.) showed me that in addition to being an incredibly talented artist, Michele is a true professional.

I added all sorts of fun touches to my wedding that I hope will make it a beautiful event (in ten days!) but it is Michele's work that stands out for its unique touch and beauty. Her elegant calligraphy has created pieces that I will treasure for a lifetime, and they are clearly not something that a computer could have produced. She is worth every penny!! I give Michele and Meant to Be Calligraphy my highest recommendation. And I will likely be back for more special event pieces in the future...
    Kristen Married on 06/01/2013
    Michele Hatty Fritz of Meant to be Calligraphy was wonderful to work with. She offers a wide range of styles, has many wonderful ideas for her clients to consider, and offered invaluable advice to me throughout the process. Equally important, she is a delight to work with -- very friendly, very accommodating. Our invitation envelopes were beautiful. She finished them ahead of schedule, and we received many, many compliments once our guests started to receive them. We had the same experience -- beautiful work, finished ahead of schedule -- with our escort cards.
    Jenny Married on 03/31/2012
    I'm so happy that we decided to hire Michele to address our invitations! The calligraphy is simply stunning. Our guests were in awe when they received the invitations. Michele is very easy to work with, even when a couple of last minute changes and additions occurred. She even delivered the finished envelopes to me. I highly recommend Meant To Be Calligraphy. It's so worth the small extra expense to have personalizes, gorgeous calligraphy on the invitations!
    Anne Married on 02/19/2012
    It was an absolute joy to work with Michele of Meant to be Calligraphy. Her work was outstanding and I could tell how much time and care she put into her designs. We had Michele address the invitations, create the escort cards, and make some other signs for the wedding. She also created a jpeg of her calligraphy for the menu card. We received so many compliments on the invitations and the escort cards and we know it was worth it to splurge on calligraphy. Michele has a lot of fonts to choose from and is willing to accommodate to your wedding's needs. She is easy to work with and easy to reach by email or phone. I'd highly recommend her!
    Kate Married on 10/15/2011
    Michele is a delight to work with. She is super responsive and very organized and her calligraphy is BEAUTIFUL. We used her for our invitations, seating cards, escort cards and signage at the reception. I can't tell you how many people commented on how beautiful everything was. In addition her prices are very reasonable and she is just a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to use her again for a special party!!
    Diana Married on 10/08/2011
    Michele at Meant To Be Calligraphy addressed the envelopes for our save-the-dates and invitations, and she also created our place cards and seating chart. She did an outstanding job. She was the only calligrapher I could find who offered a style that fit the art deco aesthetic of our wedding, and she was extremely easy to work with. She picked up and dropped off materials at our home and even scrambled to accommodate a place card for a last-minute guest. She also helped us figure out what kinds of paper, ink, and arrangement of text made sense for the look we were trying to achieve. Michele is organized and meticulous, and throughout the process I had total trust that she would take care of what we needed. Michele's vision and product are top-notch, and I really enjoyed working with her.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/01/2011
    Michele did calligraphy for our invitations, table cards, and escort cards. She was very quick and did a fantastic job - I even had one guest say she kept the envelope of the invitation because she'd never seen her name written so beautifully! It was so convenient that Michele did both pick-up and drop-off - it saved me time when I needed it most! Michele also helped me find the exact escort card I was looking for - she really is a pleasure to work with! I am keeping her information in case I ever need calligraphy again!
    Sarah Married on 09/24/2011
    We had Michele do the calligraphy on our wedding invitations and they couldn't have been more beautiful. Michele was great to work with throughout the process and we would definitely recommend her. I also recommend her return address stamps, which is so unique. I wish I had more excuses to use calligraphy!
    Ashley Married on 06/30/2011
    Michele was amazing to work with. She was professional, helpful in answering all of my etiquette questions and efficient. When we got the invitations back, we were amazed at how gorgeous they turned out. I even had her make us an extra keepsake so I can have a copy with our new married name forever.
    Emily Married on 04/09/2011
    Michele was absolutely wonderful to work with.

Michele addressed all of our invitations for us, and they were gorgeous, so then we asked her to do escort cards, menus, and some other signage for our reception. Everything came out beautifully.

Moreover, Michele was extremely professional and responsive. The week that she was addressing our envelopes, there was a snowstorm in DC and her power was out so she asked if she could have a little bit more time for the envelopes. I actually really needed them by the original date and she said no problem and made it happen. She also was super prompt about responding to emails and always there to answer my questions. The fact that she picked up and delivered everything was icing on the cake.

Thanks Michele for all your beautiful work and great service!

Cara Married on 04/02/2011
    Michelle was absolutely fabulous to work with! She came to my office multiple times throughout the process which was a huge help to me. Not only did she do all my invitations, but she did escort cards, table numbers, info cards, and even a chalkboard menu and they were all amazing! Every one of my guests were blown away at the quality of her calligraphy, it is truly beautiful! She is very fast and efficient and overall just a joy to work with. There is no one better!!
    Kathi Married on 01/15/2011
    Michelle did all the calligraphy for our wedding, from the invitation to the escort cards and table names. Everything was just beautiful! we received so many compliments on the calligraphy. She was a joy to work with, coming to my parent's house to pick up and drop off items. thank you Michelle!
    Kristin Married on 05/08/2010
    I consider myself very lucky to have found an awesome calligrapher. Michele at Meant To Be Calligraphy is incredibly talented and very sweet. I really wanted my invitations & placecards calligraphed and I searched all over for someone who would be easy to work with and offers reasonable prices & I found Michele! The moment I sent her an email inquiring on her services, she replied so promptly. She is very professional and sends me updates while working on the cards. Even when she isn't sure what I want, she checks with me to make sure. After she did my invitations, I immediately knew I wanted her to do the placecards because I trusted her & knew she'd do an amazing job. She really goes out of her way in the beltway traffic to pick up/drop off invitations/cards - how many vendors would do that?! I highly recommend Michele for calligraphy services!
    Emily Married on 05/02/2010
    Michele was amazing!! She did calligraphy for my envelopes and table cards. She was easy to work with and I enjoyed going through her portfolio and discussing all the details about what I wanted. She very quickly picked up on my style and new exactly what I was going for with the calligraphy. For the money, she really provides a lot. She'll use colored inks and does pickup and delivery! What a small detail that makes a huge difference!! She also really went out of the way for me, doing my pickups right in the midst of the major DC snowstorm of 2010. For the table cards, she handled a strange shaped card really beautifully. I was SO pleased with the results and would strongly encourage any of my friends to use her for their calligraphy needs!