The Meadow Wood Reviews

221 | Randolph, NJ

221 Reviews for The Meadow Wood

susan · Married on 03/30/2014

I cannot possibly say enough about how amazing the Meadow Wood Manor is. I was treated like a queen every time I walked into the place. Every question I ever had during the planning process was answered promptly, and my salesperson Mary Ellen was so attentive. The staff and service is impeccable. All of my guests commented on the quality and quantity of the food. I cannot recommend any venue besides the Meadow Wood Manor. My husband and I have been to many weddings in the past 6 years that we've been together. I'm being so serious when I tell you that NOTHING we've experienced is anything like the Meadow Wood Manor.

I can 100% guarantee that you will not find a staff as professional and attentive as this. My bridal attendant Becky was always near me, and did not let me lift a finger for anything-she was amazing!!

You really need to come check out the Meadow Wood Manor. I'd be shocked if you didn't book your wedding here after stepping into this venue. It's beautiful, classy, delicious, unreal--so many different ways to describe one incredibly amazing place. GO BOOK YOUR WEDDING NOW!!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Brianna · Married on 03/15/2014

From the moment we stepped into the Meadow Wood Manor, we knew this was where we wanted to have our wedding. When first meeting with Mary Ellen, our sales representative, we knew this place would be perfect. She had asked me what no other venue up until that point had asked me, "What are you looking for?" Where most venues provide set menu options with grouped packaged pricing, the Meadow Wood Manor was able to give us a completely custom menu and pricing for our wedding. They also offered the exclusive 'One wedding at a time' feature that most places do not offer at the price point we were looking to stay within. The owners treated us like family and we truly appreciated that. All of our guests raved about the food, service and venue. This place is by far the best bang for your buck providing menu options, napkin color choices, custom ice sculpture, custom wedding cake etc. The staff at Meadow Wood Manor really helped make our wedding unique. We loved working with everyone at Meadow Wood Manor and will be back for our 1 year anniversary dinner.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Ryan · Married on 03/15/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at Meadow Wood Manor, and everything could not have been more perfect. The staff was extremely attentive to all our guests, the food tasted amazing, and the venue itself was just set up perfectly. Our ballroom literally felt like a scene from a movie. I also loved the fact that the owners (Nancy and Jeff) were there as well. They made sure everything went exactly how we planned as well as made sure every single one of our guests was taken care of. I must have had a dozen or so relatives and friends tell me this was the best service they've had at a wedding ever. Honestly, the night was just perfect! Thank you so much Jeff and Nancy as well as everyone else at the Meadow Wood Manor!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Lauren · Married on 01/04/2014

We could not believe the amazing night we had at our wedding at Meadow Wood Manor!

People area still talking about our wedding and what a beautiful place we chose and what amazing food there was!! ... The variety and bounty of the cocktail hour, dinner, and dessert was incredible and unforgettable!

Everything was absolutely perfect and the staff was so wonderful throughout the night!!
    People say your wedding night may not be perfect, but worth it-- I feel Meadow Wood Manor made ours PERFECT and WORTH IT!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

My husband and I had a New Year's Eve wedding at Meadow Wood. Everything was perfect. Jeff, the owner, and the rest of his staff were amazingly helpful. They made sure that whatever we needed, from the planning stage to the actual night, was taken care of and done the way we wanted. They were organized and took note of request that we made such as heat lamps for outside patio areas. We choose Meadow Wood for many reasons including the amazing food. People told us that they wanted to eat more because it was so delicious, but couldn't because there was so much. They were also great with smaller details like a coat check and valet parking which were very helpful with the colder temperatures. If you are considering Meadow Wood, call and make an appointment with them and see for yourself how great they are.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Kathleen · Married on 12/27/2013

I cannot express how incredibly happy I am that my husband and I chose Meadow Wood Manor as our reception venue for our wedding. Your wedding day is one of the most memorable days in your life and I am so happy that my husband and I decided to entrust this important day with Meadow Wood Manor. We had about 190 guests and all of our guests could not get over how beautiful the building was, how hospitable the staff was, and how delicious the food was. Planning with the staff at Meadow Wood Manor was so much fun and they were so receptive to every idea that my husband and I had. I would gladly recommend Meadow Wood Manor to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Madison · Married on 12/07/2013

I could not have asked for a better establishment to hold my dream wedding, and the Meadow Wood Manor made it just that.. a dream. From the moment guests arrived they were greeted and assisted with whatever they asked for. The food was incredible and such a huge variety. Every request I made was never a problem and they were always there to help. I would recommend the MWW for anyone who wants to enjoy their event and have guests RAVE about it for months!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Lexie · Married on 11/30/2013

We had our amazing wedding at Meadow Wood Manor on November 30, 2013. People are still talking about the amazing food, service, and how they felt at home and welcomed.

Our wedding consultant was Maryellen. She could not have been more accommodating. She reviewed everything with us in a way where it didn't feel so overwhelming. MWM had this down to a science.

They day of, Jeff, the owner, and his wife were there to greet us and make us feel welcome. When we first got there, I was greeted by my bridal attendant (Becky) and she couldn't have been any sweeter!

We had our first look session, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception there. PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE AMAZING FOOD!! The food was absolutely unbelievable. The cocktail hour alone was filled with beautiful stations, pass around hourderves with impeccable service. Dinner was just the same way. Jeff was up and around asking our guests if they needed anything, helping his servers, and bringing drinks to the table.

We couldn't have asked for or imagined anything better for our big day!

Thank you MWM!!! :-)

Sent on 01/14/2014

Susan · Married on 11/29/2013

The Meadow Wood Manor is thee most wonderful place to get married or celebrate any special event.
    After my first visit to the Meadow Wood, and meeting with Mary Ellen, my fiance and I looked no further, we knew that we had found the perfect place. And we were so right!!! From the beautiful and comfortable decor, the professional staff and excellent service, to the absolutely expectional food, including the amazing presentation of the offerings at the cocktail hour, our wedding day could not have been any more perfect. What made it even more perfect, was the fact that we had the whole place to ourselves, there were no other events happening during ours. SEVERAL of our guests told us that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Weeks later, people were still talking about it! We also had our ceremony at the Meadow Wood which was truly lovely. The room was intimate, elegant, and perfectly lit, (our ceremony began at 4:30), it was truly magical. We honestly cannot say enough about how wonderful the Meadow Wood Manor is, in every way. We just LOVE the place!!!

Sent on 02/07/2014
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 11/23/2013

We didn't search too long for a venue, Meadow Wood was our second stop and we didn't feel the need to look further. From the very moment we walked into this beautiful venue, we felt right at home. The milk & cookies fresh out of the oven served by Jeff, the owners was a great touch :)
    Planning was so easy with Danielle & I loved how excited she would get over some of our ideas. She was organized & helped me be as stress free as a bride could be!
    We had an indoor ceremony and the space was beautiful.
    I can write pages & pages on the food. We opted for a cocktail reception and the choices where incredible. I recommend everyone get the 50s diner style station, so fun. The cocktail hour had so many choices and even though we were taking pictures, the staff made sure we were well fed.
    Becky, my bridal attendant, was amazing and I cannot say enough good things about her. She was more like a helpful friend not just to me but our whole wedding party and my parents.
    I would recommend Meadow Wood Manor (and Becky!) in a heartbeat to anyone getting married.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Robin · Married on 11/16/2013

My son was married at the Meadow Wood on November 16, 2013. I cannot say enough about the wedding. From the minute you walked through the doors it was an amazing affair. The staff, the cocktail hour, the tailgate, the dinner. My phone has been ringing off the hook with friends and family telling me that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been too. Thank you so much Meadow Wood Manor.....

Sent on 11/18/2013

Maria · Married on 11/16/2013

From the moment I walked in the door, I knew Meadow Wood Manor was the place where we had to get married. The beautiful staircase is the first thing you see when you walk into the main lobby. The place is very spacious and they only do one event at a time, so it is all yours for your wedding. Mary Ellen was always helpful in responding to my questions in a timely manner during the planning process. The cocktail hour room and food were amazing! We did the 50s station but turned it into a New Jersey Devils tailgating theme. The guests loved it! The dinner food was delicious as well. In addition to our cake, which they provide through Gourmet Touch Bakery, which was AMAZING, we also had the cannoli station, waffle and funnel cake station and many more!! Brett always made sure my husband and I had what we needed throughout the entire evening. I spent so much time worrying and planning before the event that it was so nice to have the staff at Meadow Wood take control of the timing of everything so we could just enjoy the day. I highly recommend having your wedding at Meadow Wood Manor! I am hoping one of my friends will get married there as well so I can go back and enjoy it all over again!

Sent on 11/26/2013

I can't say enough good things about the Meadow Wood Manor. From the second we walked in the door while looking for venues (I knew the second I walked in the door that I wanted to have my wedding there!) to the second we walked out after our wedding -- everything was AMAZING. Mary Ellen (our contact) was absolutely wonderful and professional - and worked with us to find the best 'bang for our buck' and work within our budget. Almost 2 months later - people are STILL talking about how beautiful our wedding was - from beginning to end!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Christina · Married on 10/26/2013

Our wedding at Meadow Wood Manor was everything that we wanted and more! The professionalism of the staff and warm welcome by the owners at Meadow Wood made our wedding day unforgettable. My bridal attendant, Jessica, and Maître d, Donald, were attentive and made the night run smoothly! Our families and guests continue to compliment us on the service and extraordinary food served. Our wedding is one that will be talked about for years to come thanks to Meadow Wood Manor!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2013

We absolutely LOVED the Meadow Wood Manor! The atmosphere is gorgeous and elegant. The staff and service is impeccable. They are there to assist with your every need. They even gave my dad suspenders! The FOOD was AMAZING!!!! The food at cocktail hour is so expansive that it could easily be the meal. We got married at the Meadow Wood Manor this October and people are still talking about our wedding, the venue and the food, and saying that it was the best wedding ever! I would definitely recommend the Meadow Wood Manor to everyone. I have nothing negative to say at all about it. We can't wait to go back for their anniversary dinner!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Maria · Married on 10/12/2013

The Meadow Wood Manor was probably the third place we looked at for our wedding reception, and we fell in love immediately. It had everything we were looking for: an elegant and warm feel to it, a beautiful staircase for photos, a separate cocktail hour room (which, by the way, is amazing. The woodwork in that room is beautiful), and all at a great price :)

I worked with Danielle to coordinate everything for the wedding and she was also wonderful. She was available any time I needed her, and answered all the little last minute questions I had.

After the wedding, I was told by my MOH that there were a few issues during our reception with some guests, and Meadow Wood was amazing with taking care of it without me or the other guests even knowing. I greatly appreciated that.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/05/2013

AMAZING. Can't thank them enough for their professionalism, thoroughness, and communication. Made me feel totally comfortable and I didn't have a single worry all night. My guests were immediately making FB comments about how awesome the food was. I hope to go back as a guest one day so I can eat more!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Julie · Married on 10/04/2013

Months after my wedding I'm still getting compliments on the MWM!! "Class Act" "I'm recommending it to everyone." Heather was an exceptional sales person and was extremely helpful and responsive during the entire planning process - I had no issues. We were invited to attend a food tasting several months before the wedding and I'm really glad we did because we got to sample the amazing food and I ended up upgrading our fish dish to the tasty sea bass. The service at the MWM is exceptional - everyone is so professional and experienced and they take pride in their service. The food is out of this world. We had passed h'or deuvres including a 3 lb. lobster! They also helped us turn their signature 50's diner station (sliders, fries, milkshakes) into a San Francisco 49er's tailgate station with our decorations, complete with attendants in referee uniforms. The variety of food at cocktail hour is amazing and so is the presentation of the food. We also had a complicated allergy request for a guest and the catering manager contacted me well in advance to ensure they addressed my guest's needs. Jeff the owner also met with this particular guest during the evening to ensure she did not have any issues.

Our whole evening went on schedule, the meals were hot and the drinks were flowing! The ballroom is beautiful, spacious and not gaudy (as many venues in NJ are quite gaudy). This really fit our style. There are outdoor patios perfect for outdoor cocktail dining and late night cigar smoking. We decided to take our bridal party photos right on site on one of the patios before the reception - it was a nice alternative to a park to help us stay on schedule. We also took some formal pictures on grand staircase. Jess was my bridal attendant and she checked in with me frequently to ensure I had water or drinks. The night could not have been any better and everyone at the MWM exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Laura · Married on 09/21/2013

The service was amazing! The attendants were very attentive throughout the whole wedding. I would highly recommend this location for both the ceremony and the reception. The number of food options and cocktail hour stations offered was wonderful. The location offers so many beautiful photo opportunities. We can't say enough about the staff, the owners, and the event coordinator. Everyone was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. All of our guests raved about the food, the cake, the cocktail hour stations, and the location. It was definitely a dream wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2013

My wedding was impeccable thanks to the Meadow Wood Manor! Countless guests said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The MWM assisted in countless ways to make planning as easy and seemless as possible both leading up to the event and the day of. From the uber professional staff, to the AMAZING food, to the gorgeous venue and decor everything was flawless. Thank you MWM for making this the best day of my and my husbands life!

Sent on 09/12/2013

There is no logical reason why anyone would get married anywhere else in North Jersey besides Meadow Wood Manor. They are simply the best. They followed my husband around with a huge lobster for half the cocktail hour. Enough said.

More than a dozen people have told me that it was the best food and best wedding they have ever been to. If you can book your wedding at Meadow Wood, you absolutely must.

Sent on 09/10/2013
  • Marlene

Marlene · Married on 08/17/2013

My wedding could not have been any more perfect than what it was. Everyone who is a part of the staff of the Meadow Wood--Jim (the owner), Mary Ellen (contact), Dawn, Jen (my bridal attendant,) the wait staff, EVERYONE--made our day the most memorable. I did not have to worry about anything. They were unbelievably organized, professional, pleasant, and friendly. My guest were well taken care of, they met all of my expectations, and were wonderful to work with. My guests are still telling me at how impressed they were with the look of the venue and most importantly, the service.

Thank you soooo much for everything!
    Marlene Solivan
    (Marlene Aviles)

Sent on 09/15/2013

Charlie · Married on 08/03/2013

From the minute Carissa and I met the staff at Meadow Wood Manor we knew this is where we wanted our wedding. Everything about Meadow Wood is top notch: the food, the service, atmosphere, the staff, and the place itself. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have the best wedding. I cannot speak any more highly of Meadow Wood. Thank you for everything. We truly had the best wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Amy · Married on 07/20/2013

My husband and I held our wedding reception at Meadow Wood, and we couldn't have had a more perfect experience. The food was delicious, the rooms were beautiful, and the service was impeccable. Our coordinator, Mary Ellen, worked with us right from the start to create a day that was exactly what we wanted. Any time we had a question or wanted to make a change, it was never a problem. From helping us figure out ways to save some money, to changing a few of their standard menu items to fit our tastes, we found the staff to be completely dedicated to making our wedding perfect. The staff who was there the day of couldn't have been more helpful, from getting us food, helping me change my shoes, and packing up cake and desserts to take to my grandmother and great aunt in their nursing home so they could be part of our day as well. Our guests had a ball and we couldn't have been happier with our wedding! We love Meadow Wood and wish we could do it all again! :)

Sent on 09/13/2013

Amaris · Married on 07/19/2013

My wedding day was the most magical day ever thanks to the Meadow Wood Manor. The staff went above and beyond the day of my wedding to make my day as special as possible. The owner himself was serving my guest and cleaning up dishes to help his staff. The owner went out of his way several times to check on my husband and I to make sure everything was up to par. I truly would suggest the Meadow Wood to anyone who is looking for an amazing party.

Sent on 07/28/2013