The Meadow Wood Reviews

222 | Randolph, NJ

222 Reviews for The Meadow Wood

Holly · Married on 12/29/2017

We decided on Meadow Wood Manor as soon as we looked at it. I had been to 7 other venues before them, and all the other venues rushed you through for their next appointment or could not give us everything that Meadow Wood was including in their price. When I first met with Mary Ellen, she spent 2 hours walking us around, going over the menu, and answering all the questions that I had. She is the only person at any venue who told us about event insurance since we were having our wedding in the winter. I brought my husband back to see it, and he was sold as well. In my opinion, this is how a business should be run because they are concerned and interested in each client rather than the bottom line. We got several compliments about the wait staff, which is one of the many reasons we picked Meadow Wood Manor. They do not train their waiters as a banquet hall might, but they trained them as if it is a restaurant so they are extremely attentive to the tables they are assigned to and will bring a guest another drink without even being asked. Dan, our maître d’, was always checking up on us and making sure that we had everything we needed and saw all of our rooms before guests were let in, which was a nice gesture. My bridal attendant was extremely helpful especially when my bustle broke. It is nice to be the only wedding there. It has a nice homey feel, which I know is how they designed it to be one giant home. Our guest really liked having the center room to talk and caught up with each other. I cannot tell you the number of compliments we have receive about Meadow Wood. They made the process easy and stress free. I highly recommend the Meadow Wood to anyone!! Thank you for help making our night so special!!!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Eileen · Married on 11/11/2017

I had read so many 5 star reviews for Meadow Wood and thought to myself how good could it be? Well... I had my daughter's wedding there this past weekend and it was PERFECTION! If you have never been to a wedding there as I have not, your first glance does not do this place justice. It's a beautiful place but let me tell you it's a whole different ballgame the day of the wedding. The warmth and ambience of Meadow Wood is something I had never experienced before. You feel like you are walking into someone's grand home. You are handed a welcoming signature drink over the beautiful grand staircase while you walk around and see personal photos and momentos of the bride and groom. You will then experience one of the best cocktail hours you will ever have in your life. From the lobster and macaroni, carving stations of lamb and prime beef, the mashed potato bar, the sliders stations, seafood station, INCREDIBLE. The reception room is beautiful with its elegant chandeliers and plenty of room for dancing for our 175 guests. Dinner was excellent. After dinner you walk into the room next door where you have many Delicous items to choose from ,plus a fantastic selection of cordials to end your wonderful evening. We are from Bergen County. Venue prices are insane here.!The value alone is enough to go to Meadow Wood. But it's much more then that. The customer service from Mary Ellen, Jeff and their fantastic team makes this place stand out. Everyone told us that night it was the best wedding they had ever been to, not only for the great food but the outstanding service from the staff. We are extremely grateful to everyone at Meadow Wood for making this day so special and memorable for all of us!

Sent on 10/07/2017

The Meadow Wood's reply:

Thanks so much Eileen! It was certainly our pleasure!!! We hope to see you all back at one of our Anniversary dinners!!!
    If you wouldn't mind could you please check the event date on your review? I'm not sure if there is a place you can edit it? If not no worries we sure appreciate that you took the time to share your experience!!! Congratulations!!

Elyse · Married on 11/10/2017

Having our reception at The Meadow Wood Manor was beyond a dream. Everyone at the venue was attentive, took care of the guests, and Yari (my bridal attendant) was great! Our reception was beautiful. We are so happy. - The Phillipses

Sent on 12/03/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/21/2017

OUr wedding was perfect, thank you for everything!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2017

Everyone at the Meadow Wood Manor was just so wonderful to work with. Our wedding was just amazing in every sense of the word. The food is out of this world, the staff is spectacular, and the venue itself is beautiful. We hope that one of our friends or family will have a wedding there so we can go back and enjoy it all over again!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

From first meeting with Nancy to our Wedding, Meadow Wood Manor exceeded all expectations! We met 3 times before our big day and shared plenty of emails, phone calls and text messages in between. (My mom mostly stayed in contact with was wonderful). We used Meadow Wood for our caterer since we had a barn reception. Their food was out of this world and the service was incredible. AJ and I were treated like a King and Queen! I was amazed at how organized everything was and how all the staff was at ease in a different barn setting. We had a beautiful rustic looking bar they made and set up for us and they even stocked our favorite drinks for our guests to enjoy. The waffle sundae bar was a huge hit! We received a ton of compliments from our guests and EVERYONE was happy. Could not have asked for a better day or better service. THANK YOU!

-AJ and Caitlin
    October 7, 2017

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Meadow Wood Manor in September, 2017. They did a wonderful job making sure everything was well organized. It is a beautiful venue that only hosts one wedding at a time (which was a huge plus for us!) The food was delicious and many of our guests comented that they really liked the elegant ambiance.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2017

Our wedding on September 29th, 2017 was absolutely incredible thanks to Meadow Wood Manor. We had our ceremony on-site in the outdoor patio area which was beautifully kept as a floral garden. Our guests gave so many compliments about how romantic the setting looked. The cocktail hour was AMAZING. The room the cocktail hour is held in is very elegant, but of course the food is the best part. Our guests told us it was the best cocktail hour they have ever had and rated it above a 10! The staff at MWM were amazing with bringing my husband and I plates of all the foods served at cocktail hour so we didn't miss a thing. The reception was equally as elegant and the food...incredible. The chocolate fountain desert bar was the perfect end to the night. Honestly, the staff at Meadow Wood Manor really made the night great. They were highly responsive, professional, kind and caring in a genuine way. Our bridal attendant, Maribel, was super attentive, very helpful, and really fun to be with which helped with wedding day nervousness. Our Maitre D Dan was awesome, really kind and responsive to all of our needs. Our guests also raved about the attentiveness of the service staff and how perfect everything was. We so grateful we found Meadow Wood Manor and highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Caryl · Married on 09/23/2017

After visiting a dozen venues and ultimately deciding on Meadow Wood Manor, we could not have made a better choice for our daughter's wedding. Our guests continue to rave about every single aspect of this evening. The quality of cocktail hour foods, entrees, and dessert stations were exceptional as was the service. The personnel at this venue were professional, efficient, detail oriented, and followed up on every aspect of our 200 person wedding - from inception right through to the end. Even the bridal attendants went out of their way, running to the store to get my husband suspenders! Incredible venue.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Donna · Married on 09/09/2017

I am so happy that I found the Meadow Wood Manor to host our daughter’s wedding. Mary Ellen was wonderful to work with right from our initial meeting and throughout the entire planning process. On the day of the wedding, everything was absolutely perfect and went beyond our expectations. Jeff, the owner, was so thoughtful and considerate to all our family and friends who attended the wedding. The staff was very attentive and pleasant; the food was incredible and the venue was exceedingly beautiful! The Meadow Wood Manor truly gave my daughter and new son-in-law the wedding of their dreams!

Sent on 09/17/2017
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 09/09/2017

I would give the Meadow Wood Manor 10+ stars if I could. From the minute we walked through the doors at our first meeting to the final minute of our wedding day, we were impressed. From start to finish, the sales manager and event coordinator Mary Ellen was extremely helpful and responsive with all of my questions and concerns. She went above and beyond to work within our budget, make sure all of our requests were met, and paid attention to every detail. Our guests cannot stop raving about our wedding day! From the decor, to the food, to the service - everything was phenomenal! Many people have told us it's the best cocktail hour and food they've ever experienced at a wedding! The sea bass was cooked perfectly! We chose filet mignon since that's typically a crowd pleaser, but the chef specially prepared the NY strip for my husband. The staff was SO attentive to our every need, especially our maitre d' and bridal attendant. Even when my bustle broke late into the night, she was right there to help fix it! My husband was especially impressed that the owner, Jeff Beers was there to meet with us at our initial visit and attend our wedding reception. During cocktail hour, he greeted us in the bridal suite with a gigantic platter of the most delicious lobster we've ever tasted! As a graphic designer, I wanted to design my own stationery including place cards and menus, and I was very specific about the placement of our items and decor. I was so impressed when I saw everything was set up exactly as described. The staff at the Meadow Wood truly pays attention to every detail! I can only hope that we'll be lucky enough to attend a wedding at the Meadow Wood Manor as guests some day. They are an affordable option without sacrificing quality and service! We HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the Meadow Wood to anyone looking to make their wedding dreams a reality.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2017

From the first phone call with Meadow Wood, Mary Ellen was super responsive and helpful. Their service, combined with their extensive menu, had us hooked. They're really supportive and flexible throughout the whole planning process. Fast forward to wedding day - WOW. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the food. The cocktail hour room has plentiful seating for everyone, and I think one of the best selections of food in the area. The reception room was done beautifully, and the dinner was raved about by everyone. And the dessert is out of this world. Every person on staff was attentive, friendly and kind. They took care of everything imaginable. We didn't have to worry about or deal with anything, leaving us to enjoy our wedding night until the very end.

I highly recommend you check out the Meadow Wood Manor - it is a beautiful place, with wonderful food and amazing staff. You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Caitlin · Married on 08/19/2017

Wonderful experience. Beautiful facility, staff was very attentive. Have a personal attendant for the bride and groom to help bring us food or anything we need. Large cocktail hour and then 4 course receptive with a full dessert room. Open bar for everyone. Cost was affordable and slightly less than places around it especially if you pick an off time. I highly recommend this venue it was wonderful!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Karen · Married on 08/05/2017

The staff and service at the Meadow Wood Manor was exceptional. They were flexible and accommodating with our meeting times leading up to the event and our guests were blown away with the service. They were on top of making sure everything run smoothly which helped us to really enjoy our big day.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Kathleen · Married on 07/28/2017

The venue itself is so beautiful inside and everything is kept very neat and clean. The gardens in the outside patios were so amazing we hardly needed additional flowers from our florist. Overall, the staff was attentive and professional!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2017

Meadow Wood Manor made our wedding day unforgettable. Numerous guests approached us afterwards telling us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The setup was beautiful, the food was delicious, the staff was friendly and attentive. Additionally, Meadow Wood Manor was accommodating when we had last minute changes and when we did not meet our minimum guest count. I would not hesitate to recommend MWM to any engaged couple searching for their perfect wedding venue, and my new husband and I are hopeful that we'll have the opportunity to attend another event at MWM.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Laurie · Married on 07/15/2017

I could not be happier that we chose the Meadow Wood Manor for our big day! From the very first day we met with Mary Ellen she did nothing but accommodate and fulfill our every request. The Meadow Wood was incredibly flexible, and extremely helpful; taking time and care to answer every question we had. The staff at the MWM is incredible, everyone from the owner, to the chef, to the wait staff took their time to meet with us to help ensure our day would be perfect. I have received a lot of feedback from many guests about how attentive the staff was throughout the entire night. Our bridal attendants were phenomenal and took care of our every single need, and anticipated what those needs might be. They made sure we had favorite items from the cocktail hour at our sweetheart table so that we didn't miss a thing. I am still receiving rave reviews about the cocktail hour, and all of the food throughout the entire night. I have been told that it was the best cocktail hour people had ever been to, my dad said the sea bass entree was the best he's ever had, and my father in law is still talking about the filet mignon. My cousin even made a point to come and tell me how amazing the vegan entree they made for him was. People always remember the food, and we could not be happier with the food at the Meadow Wood Manor. My husband and I are hoping we can attend a wedding at the MWM as guests in the future! We would recommend the MWM to anyone we could, they are truly the best!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Alyssa · Married on 07/08/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Meadow Wood Manor! From the staff, to the venue itself, to the food and drinks, everything was picture PERFECT! We had only looked at one other venue, because once we looked at Meadow Wood we knew this was the only option for us. Right off the bat everyone made us feel like our wedding would be personal and intimate, not like a lot of other venues looking for a check. They truly care about every little detail of the day to make it perfect for you and your family. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful every step of the way. They were incredibly accommodating in every way imaginable and I truly cannot stress enough how amazing everything was here. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful everything was and how delicious the food was. SO many people came up to us that day and days following, telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Every single person I worked with there throughout the planning process was so kind and open to any suggestion we had. They truly made their venue feel like home to us that day. I have heard horror stories about wedding venues giving so many problems, but it was completely smooth sailing with planning! Honestly, the best people to surround yourself with planning a wedding! No matter what season you are getting married, Meadow Wood is the perfect place to book! AWESOME experience from day one!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Claire · Married on 06/30/2017

The team at Meadow Wood Manor worked together so seamlessly to create a picture perfect wedding. They helped with setting up for the reception with decorations provided by my husband and I, were very knowledgeable and doted on us to ensure we had an amazing time.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2017

I can't describe how amazing meadow wood was to us, Meadow wood gave me my dream wedding. The people at meadow wood are very friendly and helpful, the response time from the staff was amazing ! Within mintues they were able to answer my questions. The service was outstanding, the food mouth watering, the rooms beautiful!. Thank you meadow wood for everything !!!!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Kaycee · Married on 06/02/2017

Meadow Wood Family,

We could not have asked for better service! Everything was absolutely perfect! Your staff was amazing and so helpful! Edison and Paula, were so wonderful and helpful, as well as everyone else! We really enjoyed our wedding and we thank you so much for your service! We cannot wait to visit the wonderful staff again at an Anniversary Dinner in the future!

Thank you again for your wonderful service!

Nick and Kaycee Cope

Sent on 07/03/2017

Jen · Married on 05/13/2017

From the minute we toured Meadow Wood we knew this would be our venue. They were very attentive to all of our needs and wants for our wedding day and let us pick special menu items to make it our own. Our guests RAVED not only about the food but the service and attentiveness they received from the staff the night of our wedding. The amount of food served throughout the night is outrageous and it is all so delicious! Meadow Wood is a dream wedding venue!!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/07/2017

There was not one thing that the Meadow Wood Manor could have done better! Everything was fantastic! From Mary Ellen and everyone helping before the wedding, to everyone there the day of, there was not one minute I wasn't amazed by them. I still have guests telling me that this was the best wedding service they have ever seen. The food was outstanding and I would recommend this place to everyone I talk to!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Rene · Married on 04/23/2017

Staff was great and professional would recommend them to anyone looking for any event!!!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 02/17/2017

We were so happy we chose to have our wedding at Meadow Wood Manor. So much was included in our wedding package. Their service was outstanding during our reception and we are still getting so many comments on how good the food was from our guest.

Sent on 04/29/2017