MDM Entertainment Reviews

MDM Entertainment 4
MDM Entertainment 5
MDM Entertainment 6

Samantha · Married on 06/14/2013

After attending 2 weddings of friends that coincidentally used the same DJ, David,I knew that we had to use him for our wedding. He calls you the week before your wedding and literally goes over EVERY SINGLE detail of your wedding day. He is AMAZING and sooooo friendly. David even made sure he knew how to pronounce everyone in our wedding party's name, which I thought was a really nice touch! We pretty much gave him the green light to play whatever made our guests stay on the dance floor and he did just that!! Patti (the behind the scenes coordinator) was a complete joy to work with as well, such a sweetheart! Thanks MDM, we will be referring you to LOTS of our friends :)

Sent on 07/03/2013

Alissa · Married on 06/08/2013

I had seen a picture on my venues facebook page of some fabulous Italian String lighting and I had to have it! I reached out to MDM and they responded immediately with information on that type of lighting, as well as other ones they had done at my venue. When the price was a bit high for me, they were able to work with the design and my budget to keep it within reason. They were professional and on time and I had no issues working with them at all. And the end result was beautiful! It really added a lot to the ambiance of the room and we received so many compliments on the lighting. MDM knows what they are doing!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Daniel · Married on 05/18/2013

My partner and I had our ceremony at the Brookfield Zoo on May 18 2013. Mike and Patti were awesome. They always made themselves available and worked with us on pricing. They did our up lights in the cocktail hour and reception spaces. They also did our ceremony, cocktail hour and our reception sound. We were assigned Nick as our DJ. We were so pleasantly surprise by how genuinely excited and happy he was to be part of our commitment ceremony. Nick was awesome. About 5 days prior to the ceremony he reached out to us and asked us what we were looking for and helped us finalize our ideas and pick the colors of our up lighting. He even gave us his cell phone number in case we had questions or issues. If you're looking for great quality and awesome prices for what you get and a genuinely open minded team of people. We would hands down recommend MDM!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Anoop · Married on 05/11/2013

My wife and I used MDM Entertainment for our wedding. We wholeheartedly recommend MDM Entertainment. Patti was a pleasure to work with and she was always quick to respond to our endless series of questions.

Aumir, our MDM DJ, was great! The goal for our reception was to have the dance floor packed for the whole night. Aumir did a wonderful job with this. We received many compliments on the music. Aumir was very effective in mixing Indian and Western music.

MDM is a great service for a great value!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

I recommend this DJ service 110%. They were amazing in every way! Patti was so easy to keep in touch with and was so easy going and flexible. There was absolutely no pressure at any time, even when I waited until the last minute to put in my requests, schedule, and payment. They went out of the way to make everything easy and painless.
    The online system was so easy to use and really captured every detail of the night. It actually helped me quite a bit in my planning.
    My DJ was Nick. HE WAS INCREDIBLE! Not only did I receive a million compliments on the music, but he was SUPER easy to work with. He called me a few days before the event to make sure he had all my requests down and to layout the evening. He took charge and helped make sure everything ran smoothly. He worked extremely well with my venue, and even made an extra trip out there to make sure he had a good feel for the venue and the staff he would be working with.

EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE and EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT! Best night EVER!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Kate · Married on 04/20/2013

My husband and I used MDM Entertainment for our wedding and could not
    have been happier with the service and the experience. From the very
    beginning MDM showed how great they would be to work with. I had
    contact several DJ companies all around the same time and MDM was the
    first to get back to me within days of my inquiry. Other companies
    took up to months. Needless to say, we went with MDM.

When scheduling our first meeting with Patti, my husband was on third
    shift, which made meeting during the week impossible. Even though
    they do not take appointments on Sundays, Patti understood our
    situation and agreed to come on Sunday to meet with us! We felt so
    welcomed when we got to the appointment. She did not rush us and she
    asked questions to get a better feel of what we were looking for in a
    DJ. Right away, she new what DJ would be perfect for us. Patti was
    always helpful and would get back to us right away if we had any
    questions.

MDM's online planning forms make the process seemless. You can access
    it at any time and make changes all the way up to about a week before
    the wedding. You can even make payments online with a credit card.
    And when most vendors are still taking checks, that really helped out
    with budgeting.

The Monday before our wedding, our DJ, Nick Ruich, contacted me to go
    over some of the final details and just to get a feel of what we were
    looking for. I'm so glad he called before hand because we had a great
    discussion and he even went as far as adding music requests so I could
    surprise my husband.

Nick provided such excellant service. Everyone loved the selections.
    And even though people would request certain songs, Nick still would
    use the greatest judgement in whether or not they would be played. He
    truly made it special for my husband and me.

If you are looking for a DJ company, stop. Because MDM Entertainment
    and Nick are the people you are looking for.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Amy · Married on 04/13/2013

Everyone had a great time and commented on how great the DJ was. Our lighting was awesome and I couldn't be happier. I messed up the names on the planner, and our DJ changed everything one minute into the announcements. Very flexible. Also, Patti at MDM is awesome, she always emails and calls back within minutes! Very comforting! Thanks again!

Sent on 04/16/2013

MDM was well worth the money. The DJ, Marty, was very friendly and accommodating, though two songs were not correct, they still fit the theme and nobody noticed but my husband and I. The lighting, the atmosphere, and song selection were wonderful and truly helped make a perfect night. Also, Patti, in the office, was amazing, friendly, and very knowledgeable.

Sent on 03/23/2013

We really enjoyed working with MDM for lighting at our wedding. They set everything up perfectly and the room looked fantastic. They used amber tones for the pinspotting and the column lighting. They also used a gobo for the dance floor that they customized after seeing the monogram from our invitation. It matched perfectly and looked great.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Brian · Married on 02/24/2013

Simply amazing service and great DJs. They had everyone up on the dance floor and that is no easy feat. Patti is a great planner and Mike was a great DJ. I would highly recommend their services to anyone planning an event. Top Notch

Sent on 12/30/2013
  • Malia

Malia · Married on 12/15/2012

We loved MDM! When we first decided to meet with them, we fell in love with Patti, the MDM coordinator. She had so many ideas, and we fell in love with her bubbly personality.

We had decided to book DJ services, lighting & photobooth from MDM, and because of this, they were able to work with us on a customized package and stay within our budget.

We had Nick as our DJ. We met him for the first time a few months before the wedding. He was easy going, willing to listen to all of our concerns, and was very good at walking us through the process. On the day of, we were also pleased with him. He got to all the songs on our list, and did a good job at reading the crowd and playing what people wanted to hear to keep them dancing. Both Nick and Patti were wonderful to work with, and did an excellent job from start to finish!

Sent on 03/28/2013
  • Lesley

Lesley · Married on 12/08/2012

I used MDM Entertainment for uplighting and dj services and I can't imagine having chosen anyone else. You don't just feel like a client here, you feel like a friend. Every conversation I had with the coordinator Patti I felt like I was talking to one of my bridesmaids. She was over the top friendly, accommodating, flexible, just all around amazing.

I chose to meet with MDM after reading the reviews on Wedding Wire and I can see why they are reviewed so well. We met with Mike, the owner, and he paired us with Nick and what a perfect match! Nick also felt like a friend to us the entire time. He called the week of the wedding to go over everything and I felt so comfortable with him. He ensured me that he would make sure the night was perfect, and it was.

We had several unique song choices that weren't in their library and Nick and Patti both promised they'd get the songs and it wouldn't be an issue. They definitely delivered on that promise. The songs were perfect, and Nick did such a great job of looking at the types of songs we chose and thus playing ones similar. My husband and I looked at each other several times during dinner and said "oo yea! wait, did we put that on there? " - We were so impressed with Nick's ability to instantly grasp our music type. He's a true professional.

When I was debating lighting, Patti was so honest and said that nobody would notice if we DIDN'T have it, but if we did add it.. it would definitely make a statement. That alone made me sign up for lighting, and I'm so glad I did. I went with soft amber and told Nick I wanted the room to have a candle light glow, and it was so incredibly gorgeous. We used this lighting for the ceremony and reception. It was a knock out.

This is a team of professionals that genuinely care about you and your day. They will put your worries aside and give you the wedding you've always wanted. Book them now. Thanks so much Patti, Nick, and Mike!! We'll never forget you guys :-)

Sent on 12/13/2012

MDM Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Lesley and Zach! You got us all choked up reading your review! We were so glad you chose us and we could be a part of your wedding day :) Best wishes Nick, Patti and Mike

Beth · Married on 11/17/2012

MDM was great start to finish! Thanks for your patience, helpfulness and professionalism. Nick did a great job at our reception – people were on the dance floor all night long. He played to the dancers, included our music selections and listened for appropriate requests (a good Latin salsa got thrown in). Also, he took a lot of time during our phone conversation which indicated to me he wanted to get it right. Lastly, he handled the difference of our gay wedding well and was spot on with introductions, etc. I would recommend MDM for these reasons as well as their flexibility, value/cost, musical selection, ease of use and overall niceness.

Sent on 11/30/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2012

From the start, MDM Entertainment was amazing. We had our initial consultation with Patti, who then recommended us David O. as our DJ for the day. They were VERY flexible and understanding to our requests. For instance, my husband and I live on the East Coast but were getting married in my hometown outside Chicago, and we wanted to have a more traditional 'east coast' wedding where the guests are dancing throughout. MDM was SO accommodating to us! They brainstormed some ideas and even gave us awesome song recommendations. Additionally, before booking when we asked if they had any video footage we could see (since we were planning from states away), they went and taped some footage just for us! Plus, the night before the wedding, we realized we did not have Cocktail Hour music, and David quickly whipped up a CD to be played based on our taste! He saved the day and took care of all the detalis. Needless to say our dancefloor was packed the ENTIRE night! MDM even asked us for a copy of the video footage because the party was so good! Haha Thank you again to MDM Entertainment. No need to waste the extra $$$ on a band when you have a DJ like them!

Sent on 02/21/2013

Marina · Married on 11/02/2012

We had David as out DJ and he was absolutely amazing. He was delight to work with leading up to the wedding and offered lots of help and assistance in answering all my questions. He was very professional and understood my vision for my wedding. On the day of he kept the dance floor full all night! He is super talented at reading the crowed and knew what to play to keep everyone dancing. He also did a great job and incorporating my must play list (which was rather long). If you are looking for a DJ company that is easy to work with and provides wonderful service then MDM is the best option!

Sent on 12/16/2012

Eric · Married on 10/27/2012

MDM was an excellent vendor to work with during the wedding process. Patti and Mike were great, very professional, and gave us quality advice on what packages would be best for our venue and event size. We had a traditional south-asian Indian wedding, and MDM happens to have an Indian DJ, DJ Aumir, who was absolute fantastic. I had so much confidence in his abilities, the only directions we gave were to keep the dance floor packed, and that he did. Not once during the night was there a mass migration of people leaving the dance floor. It was packed the whole night, just like we had asked. He did his own mixing and played tailored mashups throughout the night, including indian music. On top of that, all the music during the other portions of the event were perfectly timed, especially considering the requests my wife's father had about the timing of different songs at different parts of the ceremony. I would use MDM and DJ Aumir again, as we were extremely happy with their overall service and quality.

Sent on 10/30/2012

MDM Entertainment's reply:

Hi Eric and Pratima! We're thrilled to read your review! DJ Aumir and DJ Nathan had a great time celebrating with you at the wedding. A packed dance floor makes us and happy as it makes you. :-) Thank you for leaving the review and best wishes to you!

Randi · Married on 10/13/2012

We hired MDM Entertainment for our October 13, 2012 wedding and LOVED working with them. It was one of the best wedding decisions we made!

In the weeks before the wedding, both Patti and our DJ Nick worked with me to make sure every detail concerning sound and music was perfect. They made sure they had the right versions of songs and the lighting was what we wanted

All of the online planning tools were great, and having the Request List for "must play" songs and "do not play" songs was very helpful.

The night of the wedding, Nick did a GREAT job leading the flow of the reception. The entrance of the bridal party was great, and he communicated so well with all guests. He was extremely professional, but still energetic. The dance floor was packed all night!!

I would highly recommend MDM - they are the best of both worlds: a professional entertainment company with quality, personal service. LOVED THEM!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Ryan · Married on 10/12/2012

MDM is a gem! Wedding Planning Specialist Patti was a joy to work with, bringing a level of care and excitement to our wedding that other entertainment companies couldn’t, and David, our MC, was a gift to the reception. Our guests loved him, we loved him, and he helped us create the wedding of our dreams. You can’t replace this level of professionalism with an iPod or a DJ whose attention centers on music, not people. Weddings require personality and attention to detail that sweep guests off their feet and give them an experience that lasts and lasts. That’s exactly what MDM provides.

Sent on 10/15/2012

MDM Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Ryan and Felipa! You guys were an amazing couple to work with and we were thrilled to celebrate with you on your wedding day. We wish you a lifetime of love!

Cynthia · Married on 10/12/2012

What can I say about MDM? They were awesome. From the first phone call to Patti - who is simply lovely and so helpful. To Nick our DJ who is AMAZING!!! He is so nice, incredibly professional, and his work product is top notch! Nick was so responsive to our needs and songs that we wanted to play. He was available at all times and is an AWESOME master of ceremonies. His demeanor and personality on the day of was excellent - and really knows the crowd. Our wedding was at the Drake and the lighting was superb! Everyone kept saying they were amazed about how beautiful our room was. My partner and I felt SOOOO taken care of with Nick and MDM as part of our few vendors that we used for our Civil Union/Wedding. I can't wait to have another event or an excuse to call Nick/MDM to DJ for us again. So to recap - AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!

Sent on 10/26/2012

MDM Entertainment's reply:

Hi Cynthia and Amy! Thank you so much for this review. You are equally as AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME to us! We loved being part of your day and would love to be part of any celebration you host in the future!

Beth · Married on 09/29/2012

MDM Entertainment was amazing! We had Mike as our DJ and we couldn't have been happier! Our wedding coordinators actually recommended MDM for our reception. As soon as we met with Mike we automatically knew that he would be the perfect fit for us and our vision for the wedding. MDM provided music, lighting and decor for our reception. Mike had his work cut out for him in providing an even mix of american/colombian flare to our reception. In addition, he set the tone and pace for our reception, just as we requested. I would highly recommend working with Mike and MDM Entertainment!

Sent on 10/28/2012

John · Married on 09/15/2012

Mike and MDM were amazing. Patti was great to work with and set everything up before the event. I can't say enough about how responsive they were and made my wedding go exactly the way we planned. I highly recommend hiring this company, you will not go wrong.

Sent on 09/23/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2012

Nick with MDM entertainment did an amazing job. He called me the week of the wedding to be sure all of the details regarding the order of events, songs, etc were set. He did a great job making the evening flow well without being too noticeable. I don't like when DJs try to be the center of attention and he did a great job of staying behind the scenes while still keeping everything on schedule and playing great music. I got many compliments from my guests on how great the DJ was. I felt that the company responded quickly and were very helpful.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Liz · Married on 08/18/2012

MDM was recommended to us by our wedding coordinators, and we are THRILLED to have used them for our music and lighting needs! We worked with both Mike D. and Patti H. to develop a vision for our wedding, and they were extremely accommodating. We used pinspot lighting and uplighting, and the set-up looked incredibly elegant and set the perfect tone for the evening. We got matched with DJ Nick R., who was also a great MC and kept the dance floor packed! He even cut together a mix of 2 songs for my father and I to dance to. He was responsive to both advance and on-the-fly requests, and is an incredibly talented DJ. We could not have been happier with the service from him as well as the rest of the staff we worked with from MDM.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Kathy · Married on 08/17/2012

My NOW husband and I were referred to MDM by a friend and used them for our August 2012 wedding. We had such an amazing experience with them and especially with our DJ, Nick Ruich. When we went in for our initial meeting we met with Nick. Right from the start we hit it off with Nick. He is so easy to talk to and really listens to what you want. We had such a great meeting with him and ended up talking for 3 hours (we didn't even notice that it was 3 hours until we were leaving). Nick also did the lighting at our wedding, which we got SO many compliments on!! Nick was very patient with us since we were a little bit indecisive about our lighthing situation :) He met with us on two different occasions to go over the lighting at our reception location and worked with our crazy work hours (I work midnights and my husband works an afternoon shift). Nick went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for us and that we got everything we dreamed of. He really puts everything into your wedding. All our guest loved him. MDM did our gobo, slideshow and photobooth as well. Mike helped us with our gobo and our slideshow, which turned out SO great. We worked with Peter for our photbooth which was also a HUGE hit. We got a scrapbook to take home with all the funny pictures of our guests. Overall, I can't say enough good things about Nick and the MDM staff. Everyone is so friendly and will go out of their way to make your wedding day special. I will totally recommend MDM to friends and family. Thanks again Nick and MDM staff! ox

Sent on 09/09/2012

BEST BEST BEST

we worked with this WONDERFUL TEAM and they truly made all the brides dreams come true!!
    THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

Sent on 08/23/2012