MDM Entertainment Reviews

MDM Entertainment 3
MDM Entertainment 4
MDM Entertainment 5
MDM Entertainment 6

We hired Nick to DJ at our wedding and he did an AMAZING job! He really went above and beyond to make our night the best ever! I let him roll with the play list and he totally nailed it! Couldn't be happier and definitely recommend him. Thanks for making our night perfect, Nick!!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Mark · Married on 08/01/2014

We used MDM Entertainment for music, dance floor lighting, and drapery for the ceremony space as well as a privacy drape between main room and the street. Their process was thorough in that they made sure you accounted for everything you could need for music, announcing, speeches, etc. and it was a bonus that I could add on drapery and one-offs without going to another vendor. I haven't danced that much in years (we are getting married in our 40's so the club scene was ancient history) and loved the music (mainly because they seriously listened to our requests we submitted). Mike did mixing (as opposed to song-to-song play) and was a obviously a veteran expert that exuded calm and professionalism. Patti, who booked us and ran us through the checklist when "selling" the service at the beginning was down-to-earth and told us what was really needed or not.

Sent on 08/26/2014

MDM Entertainment provided the DJ, Lighting, and Decor for our wedding in July. DJ Aumir did a fantastic job as our DJ. We challenged him to mix a number of different types of music (techno, reggae, pop, latin, polka, etc) and he managed to keep everyone dancing all night. More importantly, he was willing to help us through the planning process to make sure the event went smoothly. You simply won't find better customer service. Patti handled the lighting and designed the decor herself. She did a beautiful job and made the entire evening feel special. These two are shining stars and anyone would be hard pressed to find anyone better in the business! You simply will not find a better value for the service. Do yourself a favor and look no further than MDM Entertainment.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Courtney · Married on 07/05/2014

We used MDM Entertainment for our backdrop, up lighting and DJ. All three services were amazing! Our ceremony space looked absolutely stunning! It was so romantic with the backdrop and the beautiful up lighting! Our DJ, Robert, was so helpful the day of the wedding! He went out of his way to make sure things were going smoothly and let me sit back and enjoy myself! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Dana · Married on 06/28/2014

Nick from MDM was the DJ at our wedding and helped us throw an amazing party. He kept people on the dance floor all night and played a good mix of classic and newer music which matched the demographic at our wedding quite well. He kept a good organized flow to the night and announced all of the events exactly as we intended (garter toss, wedding party introductions, etc.).

In addition, we wanted to play a mix of indie/folk/alternative music during our cocktail hour and during dinner and he was able to accommodate all of the songs we wanted.

I wish we could get married a second time so that Nick could be our DJ again!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2014

At our initial meeting with MDM we discussed our music preferences and what we were looking for out of a DJ, and were paired with Robert. Due to busy schedules we weren't able to schedule a meeting with him until the week of the wedding, but the phone call we had with him totally put my mind at ease. He was so professional and knowledgeable and based on our requests he started offering suggestions that were exactly what we wanted!!

We did have a couple special requests (our entrance to the reception would be to Chelsea Dagger, Blackhawks goal horns and goal lights) and not only was he able to do this but he was so excited about it! My husband likes country music and I prefer Top 40, and Robert was able to combine both during our wedding. It was amazing! We had compliments all night on the music selection and there was always a crowd on the dance floor. My dad said he had never danced so much at a wedding before!

Overall, Robert totally made our night. He was incredible. I would definitely recommend him or any DJ from MDM!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Of everything we chose for our big day including the venue, MDM was by far the BEST choice we made for our wedding day and one of the vendors we would absolutely use again if we had the opportunity to do so . Patti (from the office) was amazing to work with and was super helpful with our timeline of the event. One of the things we really liked about MDM is you actually get to meet the DJ you will be using for your wedding. You begin by meeting with Patti and then based off of the type of DJ you are looking for she pairs you up with the best fit and then you have a meeting with your actual DJ before booking. The communication with MDM the enter time we worked with them was fantastic.

We cannot say enough great things about our DJ, Brian. Our wedding coordinator did not do what she was supposed to do the night of the wedding and Brian really saved the day, keeping everything running smoothly and helping us stick to our timeline. He was so friendly and easy to work with. He honored all of our requests (both as an MC and DJ). He did exactly what we asked of him and then some. He kept the crowd going the entire night, he was an incredible DJ and we got many compliments. There was NO CHEESINESS whatsoever! Brian only used the mic to MC when necessary. We wanted a 'young, fun, upbeat' vibe for our wedding but with music all of our guests could enjoy and dance to and Brian did a perfect job giving us this kind of a vibe. MDM truly made our night. A DJ really makes or breaks an event and I would HIGHLY recommend this company (and Brian) to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!!!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Catherine · Married on 06/14/2014

We used MDM for our wedding at the Metropolitan Club at the Sears Tower. We wanted our wedding to be party and have everyone dancing all night and they definitely exceeded our expectations. From our first interaction, Patti was incredibly responsive and answered all of our questions. In the middle of our wedding planning, we had to move to another state, so having their online form was extremely helpful. Nick Ruich was our dj for the evening, and he was phenomenal to work with. You can really tell when someone loves what they do and it makes the planning process so easy. He listened to all of our requests and he really took the time to know what was really important to the both of us. My husband and I have very different taste in music and he still made it work. He helped me create a timeline that I then used for our wedding coordinator and photographer so the day of the wedding, everything fell into place perfectly. We decided last minute to step out and take photos up on the Skydeck. Nick took the initiative to talk to our wedding coordinator and plan things with our photographer. We didn't even have to get up from our seats during dinner. He got the entire room dancing and no one even noticed we were gone. We couldn't have had seamless wedding without great vendors and MDM really went above and beyond to make our wedding an unforgettable night.

Sent on 06/23/2014

We used MDM for DJ service, lighting, draping, and ceremony sound system. Everything was AMAZING! We meet with a lot of DJs during our vendor search and as soon as we left MDMs office we knew we wanted to book with them. David (DJ) and Patti at MDM were so responsive to all of our requests and their customer service was well above our expectations. They were also very accommodating and allowed us to switch out different things in our package so we were able to have all of the services we wanted. On the wedding day everything went very smoothly and the DJ service that David provided was awesome. He kept everyone up and dancing all night long. We got so many compliments from our guests about how great the music was. The draping and lighting was also beautiful! Patti did a wonderful job putting that together for us. We would 100% recommend them for any future Brides and Grooms!!!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 05/17/2014

We were referred to MDM by a friend of ours but the DJ who did her wedding wasn't available so the booker, patti, suggested Nick Ruich. Both nick and patti were awesome to work with and helped make sure I got the ceremony music perfect. Then, Nick took over and kept the dance floor going all night!!! He is a fantastic DJ, really nice guy and is totally willing to go above and beyond for his clients. Thanks so much to Nick and Patti for being awesome and helping to make our wedding perfect.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

MDM Entertainment was absolutely perfect for our Wedding Day! The experience started off great working with Patti. She was so professional, prompt with her emails, and super nice. I loved working with her! We had Dan Morrell for our DJ and he was amazing! My husband and I had a lot of different unique skits throughout our wedding and Dan made all of them go perfect! He really knew how to work the crowd on the dance floor. Everyone kept raving how much fun they had at our wedding. We also ordered the uplighting through MDM Entertainment and I absolutely loved it! It made our reception hall look stunning. It was truly the perfect touch. Thank you all so much for making our wedding day amazing and something for my husband and I and our guests to remember!
    -Michelle & Remy

Sent on 06/24/2014

Anthony · Married on 03/08/2014

We had Nick as our DJ. He was fantastic and very easy to work with. He played everything we asked for him to play and kept our guests dancing. MDM makes planning easy, their website lets you pre plan your event and its very easy to use. Thank you Nick and MDM entertainment!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Noemi · Married on 11/30/2013

They tied the room togerther with their beautiful drapping and lighting, the dj was doing his thing! The music from the cocktail hour all the way to the end of the night kept everyone on the dance floor. I went with DJ David O. We also had the photobooth. Everything and everyone was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 02/05/2014

Courtney · Married on 11/23/2013

Nov 23, 2013: MDM totally exceeded our expectations! We worked with Patti who created an elegant draped design for our wedding, which served to separate the venue space in two and create a lovely backdrop for our ceremony. She added a single, magestic crystal chandelier over the ceremony apex, pillar candles lining the aisle and soft, amber up-lighting around the perimeter. The result was absolutely spectacular! We thought we had a pretty good idea of what to expect but when I (the bride) walked in just before our guests (and my groom) were to arrive, I think I screamed some (out of character) choice words in total shock! The space was beautiful to begin with but Patti had totally transformed the room into a dream! It was ethereal, sophisticated, and intimate without being overdone or stuffy. We considered several other designers/ decorators for our event but MDM was far and away the most reasonably priced (you really can have those "extras" you might have thought were out of reach...") and Patti's customer service was outstanding. She was warm, professional and NEVER pushy. She was easily reached and even after the design had been in place for months, she still emailed once and a while just to "check-in", leaving us with an assurance that our day was still on her radar. We would highly, highly recommend Patti and MDM Entertainment

Sent on 11/28/2013

Andrea · Married on 10/26/2013

We are so glad to have worked with MDM! We received so many comments saying the DJ was amazing even after the night was over. He ensured the dance floor was always filled, and contributed to making that night one of the best of our lives. He incorporated all of the requests and had music for all generations. I can't recommend MDM highly enough - what a pleasure to work with in planning and on the day of. The planning forms were easy to use and offered great suggestions when we weren't sure where to start. The professionalism, friendliness, and experienced suggestions of those working with MDM helped us to plan an unforgettable evening. We could not have done this without the help of Patti leading up to and on the day of and both Ryans really knowing how to DJ a party. I even asked for a little 90s mix to relive our HS days and they incorporated the most fun songs and in just the right amount of time. Thank you MDM! I recommend this vendor for DJ, Lighting, and photobooth - what a great experience!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Emily · Married on 10/25/2013

MDM is a great DJ vendor. The team is excellent and Patti was very helpful. The online planning tool was easy to work with and made it really easy to keep organized. DJ Nick was great to work with for our wedding reception. We spent a lot of time selecting our music lists and I spoke to him a few days before the wedding to review the flow of the evening. We asked our guests for DJ requests on the response cards and most of those songs were played throughout the night. It was a really fun night with the dance floor full of people of all ages!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Cara · Married on 10/12/2013

I used MDM for my DJ, video screen, and photobooth. Our DJ , Dave, was fantastic! My husband and I are mostly into punk, old rock, and 50s music (the wedding was 50s themed) but he did an AMAZING job of mixing old and current music so not only did my husband and i get what we wanted, everyone else enjoyed the music too! There was never a dull moment and the dance floor was packed the entire night. The video screen was an amazing touch and he did a great job of finding really cool videos. The photobooth attendant did a fantastic job as well and I have a great scrap book full of everyones photobooth pictures to cherish forever! I HIGHLY recommend using MDM for any special occasion.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Terese and William · Married on 10/12/2013

MDM was a one stop shop. They work with Photo Booth Express and we got a great deal for booking both DJ and Photo Booth services. They also did our up-lighting around the room, and had a nice spot light on the wedding cake.
    The lighting really made the room come together and have a warm and inviting feeling.
    Our DJ Robert was great! Very friendly and professional; easy to get along with. He did a great job keeping people on the dance floor. But it was hard to keep guests away from the Photo Booth for too long; it was a big hit!
    Overall my guests were happy and we were happy with everything MDM did for us!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Chloe · Married on 10/11/2013

I used MDM for uplighting and rented lanterns for decor. MDM completely transformed the room for an extremely reasonable price! Patti was incredibly helpful without being pushy, stayed within my budget, and was easy to work with as well as being prompt and organized! From the initial meeting to the actual wedding day, working with MDM was a breeze.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Marissa · Married on 09/28/2013

Choosing MDM Entertainment was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. The dance floor was packed the whole night and DJ Marty was a great emcee. Patti in the office was always very attentive and responsive when we had questions. She also gave us plenty of good wedding tips and advice. MDM was a little more pricey than some of the other DJs we met with, but they were well worth the extra money we spent. All of our wedding guests have been raving about how much fun they had at our wedding and MDM is to thank!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Colleen · Married on 09/14/2013

I could not have been happier with DJ Nick Ruich of MDM Entertainment! The dance floor was packed the entire night because the music was spot-on. Everyone - aunts, uncles, family friends, parents, octagenarians, etc. - was dancing and having a blast. My feet hurt for three days, mom mom's best friend had to go back to physical therapy for her knee because she got too into the "Shout" dance, and we had loads of compliments about how much fun our guests had at the wedding.

So Nick, thank you SO MUCH for making our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Jacquelyn · Married on 09/08/2013

MDM was awesome!! Our DJ, Nick, was an amazing host and really felt out our guests and kept everybody on the dance floor until the very last song. The wedding coordinator we worked with was knowledgable, helpful and not "pushy" about selling additional packages/add-ons. MDM also offers a variety of services, which includes things like photo booths and AMAZING lighting options...we couldn't be happier! :)

Sent on 10/12/2013

Erin · Married on 09/01/2013

Patti was great to work with in setting everything up initially and Nick was super helpful in working with us to set up a schedule for the ceremony/reception and had many great thoughts/ideas that we did not think of ourselves. The day of the wedding, he kept everything running smoothly and kept the dance floor packed all night. We had a long conversation with him the week of the wedding and he really took time to get to know our tastes and that reflected perfectly in the dance party. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding and Nick was a huge part of making the day so special and fun!

Sent on 09/27/2013

EVERYONE we worked with at MDM was wonderful! We felt like Patti went above and beyond her job and made everything that we asked for happen. We used MDM for DJ, lighting, and decor (hung paper lanterns and draped our sweetheart table). When I walked into our room I was speechless! We could have never dreamed of it looking so beautiful. To this day people are still telling me how awesome our DJ was. I looked around the room at a point in the night and saw EVERY SINGLE chair empty and the dance floor was packed all night long. We couldn't have asked for a better team to put together our wedding and was worth every penny we spent. I would recommend MDM to any bride I know. They took the stress out of planning and made everything breathtaking and so beautiful. I will never forget how much fun I had that night!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Kellie · Married on 06/29/2013

MDM provided the music and lighting for our June wedding at the Omni Chicago. DJ Nick did was amazing! From the first time we spoke on the phone, I knew he was the perfect DJ for us. He understood us and our taste in music like we known him forever. Everyone at the wedding had such a great time and commented that he was the best DJ they'd ever heard at a wedding. The lighting transformed an already beautiful room into the exact vision we had for our wedding. MDM Entertainment, and especially DJ Nick, come highly recommended.

Sent on 07/26/2013