McShea Photography Reviews

56 | Philadelphia, PA

56 Reviews for McShea Photography

Lindsey · Married on 10/19/2013

Dave is an absolutely wonderful photographer, a great guy to work with. SHe captured our day perfectly through a combination of posed and candid shots. I am amazed at how many great shots he was able to capture by himself; looking at the pictures you would swear we had more than one photographer. He was professional throughout the day, and got us our pictures very quickly. Hiring Dave was a great decision!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Dave was fantastic to work with! In our very first meeting he took lots of notes and asked a bunch of questions making sure he understood what was important to us as a couple. He is detail oriented, but has a very laid back personality which made him wonderful to work with. Our night was amazing and his pictures really captured all aspects of our wedding. We are so happy we chose Dave to be our photographer.

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 09/21/2013

David was an amazing photographer to work with for my wedding. He accepted all of my suggestions and different ideas! Also, He offers reasonable prices packages with quality service and photos! I absolutely love my wedding photos! He captured everything a bride and groom would want to look back on.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Dave was absolutely amazing to work with! Our venue had very strict rules for the vendors to follow but Dave worked around them and took AMAZING pictures! I don't think he ever stopped taking pictures during the night. Dave took amazing candid and posed pictures and posed us in many creative ways to get some really cool shots. I am blown away by the quality of the pictures that were taken. All of my bridesmaids already told me to save Daves number cause when they're day comes their definitely using him!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Dave McShea was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to hire a wedding photographer! From the initial email and phone contacts all the way through the weekend of the wedding, Dave was incredibly professional, easy to work with and full of great suggestions.

On the weekend of our wedding, Dave generously agreed to shoot our Rehearsal Dinner in lieu of the engagement photos. This was a great help to us since we live out of town and it was amazing to have professional photos of our entire wedding weekend!

The day of the wedding Dave and his secondary photographer Pete arrived to the hotel early and were absolutely great. Both guys did a great job of capturing both candid and set shots, and we couldn’t be happier with the way the photos turned out. Once again, we can’t recommend Dave McShea enough!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Emily · Married on 08/17/2013

We had an amazing experience using Dave as our photographer, but we weren't surprised. In my husband's immediate family there have been four weddings in the past two years. Dave has been the photographer for each one! (what better review could I give?!) He is easy going, fun to work with and we are so happy with all the pictures! We definitely plan to keep in touch with Dave for any photography we may need in the future! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Julie · Married on 08/02/2013

My husband and I recently got married and used Dave McShea as our photographer. He was absolutely the best! I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a photographer. Every part of doing business with him was a pleasure. He was flexible with the hours for our initial meeting, phone calls, and engagement photos. He was always on time...early actually. I never had to worry about him forgetting something or being late, which was a big stress reliever for us both. Wedding planning can be overwhelming at times. He always kept in touch with us and responded to our inquiries within hours, if not minutes sometimes. Dave was very professional every step of the way and was a great value for our money. He was exceptionally reasonable with his prices (compared to everyone else we checked out) and did just as nice a job with his skills, if not an even better job than the overpriced photographers. Overall, I have no negative comments to say about McShea photography. It truly was a pleasure to have him be a part of our special day.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/16/2013

Dave was an absolute delight to work with! His easy-going yet always professional ways made what could have been a stressful process so easy! He was always open to ideas my husband and I had and is extremely reasonably priced compared to other vendors out there. Our guests at our wedding also noted how professional he was and how he 'blended in" with everyone. We really wanted someone who was not "pushy" and Dave fit the bill. We had our engagement shots done with him and they turned out beautiful. We loved how open he was with candid/not posed shots. Can't wait to see our wedding pics. Highly, highly recommend Dave!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Holly · Married on 06/14/2013

David McShea was amazing. We only hired one photographer because we did not have a big photography budget and his pictures were so reasonably priced. However, we got way more for our money than we had planned. His pictures were absolutely incredible. He captured all of the moments beautifully. We are so happy with the end result and we cannot wait to order our album. He has a great eye and he is so nice and easy-going and easy to work with. I knew from the minute I met him that he would be perfect for our wedding and he was. Everyone in the Philadelphia and surrounding area should hire David McShea for their photography needs. Thanks David!!!!

Sent on 09/19/2013

David · Married on 05/25/2013

Dave was so great for us! He was so flexible, able to work with our schedule and he was so easy to work with. The pictures turned out incredible! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/19/2013

David is THE BEST! He's so easy to work with and so reasonably priced. We had him do an engagement session in the Fall and loved his work. We were so happy that he was able to shoot our wedding. The pictures are awesome!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Andrea · Married on 04/20/2013

David was great in working with our very non-traditional events - post-wedding casual and reception photos. He worked with our tight schedule and the weather conditions to make sure we got the pictures that we wanted. Many great action and candid shots at the reception, along with catching shots of the small details and decoration. Very kind and professional person that will capture those special moments that you hope to see in your pictures!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Maureen · Married on 03/23/2013

I am the third of my siblings (the fourth will be using him in four months!) to use Dave for our wedding and I can not say enough about how wonderful he was to work with! From booking, through engagement photos, through my hundreds of random questions, the wedding day and getting out photos in a VERY timely way after; Dave was professional and made the planning easy. He made the photos fun and my bridal party and wedding guests had so many wonderful compliments after!

Sent on 04/12/2013

Dave was amazing! I spent over a month looking for a photographer and he was the only person who fit the profile of what we were looking for. He was more than happy to go to the site where we wanted our bridal party/bride-groom shots taken and was very enthusiastic throughout the entire day. Dave is very pleasant to work with and VERY easy going. I would recommend him to anyone. In fact, one of my bridesmaids is using him for her wedding. The photos are BEAUTIFUL and we have received MANY compliments on them and on how fantastic Dave was. He gets two thumbs up, an A+, 110%.

Sent on 12/26/2012

Meghan · Married on 10/13/2012

Working with Dave was a wonderful experience from the very beginning. He was very responsive in meeting with us and setting up our engagement photo session and very flexible with me changing the time of my wedding ceremony. Dave was a pleasure to work with during our wedding day and made sure to capture all of the requests I made. We couldn't be happy with the way our wedding pictures turned out. I was lucky enough to work with him the year before my wedding since he was my sister's photographer and I knew he was easy to work with, and now he will be doing another family wedding for us next year. We would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Susan · Married on 09/02/2012

If you're looking for a down-to-earth photography that you, your family and wedding guests will love AND takes amazing photos, then save yourself the hassle of shopping around. Dave McShea is THE BEST. Literally every other guest either commented on how amazing and present our photography was and how friendly he was. Even trying to corral 11 kids (ages ranging from 1 to 10 yrs) he managed to get all the shots in what I swear was record time (all my friends were saying to allow 1-2hrs for our large families but Dave got it done in plenty of time for all to thoroughly enjoy the cocktail hour ;). After all the time & preparation my husband and I put into the details, it was so wonderful to see all the pics he took before guests had even arrived. And the pics of the guests enjoying themselves: AMAZING. I will truly treasure these pics and can't thank Dave enough for working with us.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Katie · Married on 08/04/2012

Ok- stop looking right now for your wedding photographer- McShea Photography is definitely who you want to go with. The photographer, Dave McShea, has been so helpful, flexible and professional in all aspects of our interactions. From the first moment I spoke with Dave, I knew he would be our photographer. He is very friendly and accommodating to all the questions and needs of mine. He is also very fair on his prices for the quality work he provides.

On the wedding day, Dave showed up promptly and immediately started taking pictures. All of my friends and family raved about how comfortable he made them feel and on how quickly and efficiently he worked. After only about 2 1/2 weeks after the wedding, I am already able to view my photos! They are beautiful and exactly what I asked for. We have already referred a friend of ours to use McShea Photography at her wedding. Thank you so much Dave!!!

Sent on 08/23/2012

David was wonderful to work with. He managed to capture every special moment just how we remembered, and even some that we didn't even know happened.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Amy · event on: 05/07/2012

David came to my home to take pictures of my two young boys who were 3 and just over 12 months at the time. He works so well with kids and has such an amazing eye. After the shoot, I was not sure if he had been able to capture a lot of great pics of my two very active, often uncooperative little men; so I was extremely pleased when I received his images and saw just how many wonderful shots he was able to get! I feel his pricing is very fair and he is such a nice and professional individual. I would highly recommend him and can't wait to have him take the next round of family pics for us!

Nancy · event on: 12/07/2011

McShea Photography provided a family photo session during the holiday season, as well as newborn and family photographs in April 2010. Dave has a keen eye for detail and captures subtle personality traits and gestures in the most unique way. He is prompt, professional, and responsive. I would highly recommend McShea Photography for any photography needs.

Mariam A. · Married on 10/28/2011

Dave was awesome. Was on time and stayed late to make sure he got all the pics he needed. Pics were posted on his facebook page before we even got back from our honeymoon. We got them a week later. Everyone raves about how nice they look. Thanks for the memories! :)

Sent on 07/17/2012

Brianna · Married on 10/02/2011

Dave was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer - professional, accommodating, easy to get ahold of, and very easy to work with. He made my husband and I feel relaxed and comfortable during both our engagement photo session and our wedding. The resulting photos from both events are beautiful. I would not hesitate to recommend Dave to anyone.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Thais · Married on 08/27/2011

He did an amazing job with our wedding and engagement pictures!

David · event on: 08/23/2011

We used Dave McShea for engagement and maternity photos. He is very knowledgable and knows how to get the best shots. We were very happy with the pics. We'll be booking him again soon for baby photos!

Sent on 07/10/2013
  • User2544085 · event on: 08/17/2011

We used McShea photography for our engagement photos in August 2011 and couldn't have been happier. Mr. McShea was flexible and could meet us in the middle of the week at the location of our choice. He familiarized himself with the site and was very knowledgable. He made the process fun and was very efficient. He delivered a disc with high resolution photographs very quickly. The end product was stunning. We will cherish our photos for years to come. I highly recommend McShea photography.