McMenamins Edgefield Reviews

115 | Troutdale, OR

115 Reviews for McMenamins Edgefield

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2014

Couldn't have gone better. Cynthia was great! Service was great! Definitely recommend it. Especially if you're on a budget. Quality of food and drinks well worth it and for me (bride) I didn't have to worry about setting up and breaking down. Just showed up and had fun:)

Sent on 11/06/2014

Averyl · Married on 09/08/2014

Great price for an all-inclusive package. We had our wedding on a Monday, so it would be cheaper and ended up paying roughly $5,000 for the venue, food, drinks, and set up. So happy with our decision. Our families and friends all loved staying at the hotel. The soaking pool is amazing. Most importantly, our event coordinator from Edgefield was always easy to reach, a calming/realistic presence during the whole planning of our wedding, and all around a big help in making our wedding perfect. We 100% recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Emma · Married on 08/14/2014

We had both our ceremony and reception in the Administrator's House yard at Edgefield.
    It is such a beautiful and intimate space and was the perfect size for our 60 guest wedding. Having the entire house to ourselves was fantastic and provided us with fantastic privacy.
    The food was wonderful- we had a vegetarian pasta buffet. Having all of the tables and chairs already set up, and torn down at the end of the night saved us so much time and effort.
    Mandy and her team are so awesome and flexible and I can't thank them enough for making our day so great.
    Plus, it was an amazing value and helped us have our dream wedding for our not-so dream budget.

Sent on 10/07/2014

I just want to do it again! Our wedding was amazing, it would not have been the same anywhere else. Our coordinator, Mandy, was endlessly helpful (and I was not an easy bride to please). Thank you, to the end of our days, for making the most special day of our life also one of the most enjoyable!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Sandy · Married on 08/03/2014

McMenamin's has been a favorite family location for many years. We were so pleased that they could accommodate our daughter's wedding reception. The staff, buffet meal, venue, etc were all fantastic. The grounds and entertainment were a bonus for our party. Fun and fantastic!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Jolene · Married on 08/02/2014

The Edgefield was a perfect place for our rehearsal dinner. We were given the ballroom on the second floor which had plenty of space for all of our guests. The food was delicious, great bar services, and the set up of tables was great!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Tripp · Married on 08/01/2014

We had an outstanding time at the Edgefield. Larissa was a great guide, helping all along the way and working well with our various vendors. The space is fantastic, just the right size, gorgeous and fun. Our guests loved the food and drink, the service and their time. Thanks for wonderful wedding!

Sent on 09/11/2014

jeannine · Married on 07/10/2014

We stayed here the night of our wedding, after having our venue at the roadhouse location . Edgefield staff were wonderful, grounds are beautiful.Our favorite part was the unique rooms and the gorgeous soaking pool.-Jeff and JeannineTurner

Sent on 07/28/2014

My husband and I worked with Mandy to plan our wedding/reception in The Attic. She was fabulous. I know that she's busy and Edgefield hosts a TON of weddings, but she was professional, patient, and personal. They "have it down."

The Attic is a small space, but for our wedding of 85, it was perfect. I can imagine it would feel pretty cozy with the 100 max they indicate. We chose to have the ceremony and then allow for an hour set-up break. An hour seemed like a lot of time to move chairs, but my guests went with it.

We had 15 people stay at Edgefield, and the only complaint was the noise. So, make sure you warn out-of-town guests that it's not your "standard" hotel.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, quaint venue for a smallish wedding, I highly recommend The Attic-or any of the Edgefield venues. Our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Kristi · Married on 06/27/2014

Edgefeild was easy to work with, and a great location since there is so much to do on the property. We booked off season on a Friday, which is a deal, but Edgefeild is already a deal even if this wasn't the case. In house catering, cake, most all the other services you need, chairs, tables, linens etc, some AV, etc. You need to rent very little, we didn't have to do anything. We did get cupcakes, not a cake. The in house bakery doesn't do wedding tiered cakes. If that's your thing, you can bring in a vendor. The cupcakes and the food got rave comments from our guests and everyone had so much fun on the site. It was really relaxing for my husband and I as well. We wanted a low stress wedding and we got it. The grounds are beautiful. We loved it! Since we were off season, we were glad to have picked an indoor venue on the property since Oregon weather is capricious this time of year, but the raid stayed away long enough for outdoor pictures. Staff was all awesome, professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Lisa · Married on 05/31/2014

We traveled from PA to OR, bringing friends and family with us to celebrate our special day, and everything was perfect! Everyone enjoyed the food, drinks, and service. Edgefield is very unique, theres nothing like it on the east coast.
    I would recommend Mcmenamins to anyone having a special event, we had complete control over every decision in our wedding planning, and the staff at Edgefield was very friendly and accomodating.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Jamie · Married on 01/04/2014

I can't thank McMenamins enough for our AWESOME day! We were able to meet with Larissa prior to the wedding to hash out all the details and everything worked out great. I had about 125 guests and ALL of them said, "This is the coolest venue we've ever been to" We had family and friends come from all over, so it was great that they could stay at a place for the whole weekend and were never bored (even just looking at the walls is an outing!) I am NEVER getting married again, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over (the venue- not the planning) haha! I can't say enough about how happy I am about how everything turned out!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Easy to work with! Fun venue! I loved having the spa on site as well. Dream come true!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Roni · Married on 09/06/2013

The venue was beautiful and fit the personality of my daughter and her new husband. The staff was helpful and worked hard to make the event go smooth. Everything was in order - just as it should be and I didn't have to think about anything but enjoying the wedding and reception.

Sent on 09/19/2013
  • DeVida

DeVida · Married on 08/15/2013

Blackberry Meadow and Hall at Edgefield are beautiful spaces that are well maintained. The staff at Edgefield are helpful when determining menu and quantity. You don't need to order as much as you think - we had plenty of food. It is delicious. BBQ chicken doesn't present so well.
    There is a fair amount of flexibility in how you want to set up the spaces, so if you want to do something, feel free to ask as they may be able to accommodate. We were able to do more customization than I expected (within reason of course). The staff who worked our event were awesome and very helpful.
    Our guests enjoyed our ceremony and reception and I believe that is in part due to the professionalism of the staff we hired to work our event and the staff at Edgefield.
    Ruby's Spa was a great place for me and my bridal party to get hair, makeup, nails done. We all looked great!
    Overall, I do wish Edgefield catered a bit more to wedding parties although they do more than they informed us they would do - we had a bottle of bubbly waiting in our room. Did not expect that!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Our contact Mandy was terrific. She made the planning so easy - with great options, suggestions and overall responsiveness. I never did feel like all Edgefield was looking for was more billing - I felt they really cared about our event, and our guests. Mandy had great suggestions for menu, how to handle happy hour, and was great on helping price our bar minimum. She was right on!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Lindsey · Married on 08/04/2013

Edgefield was nothing but wonderful. The catering was loved by all of our guests.

Sent on 08/09/2013

We would give even more stars for flexibility if we could!! Loved the experience and highly recommend. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change anything.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Katelyn · Married on 08/01/2013

Amazing day! Everything was perfect! Awesome staff, venue and hotel! All of our guest were blown away. Best wedding site ever!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Amber · Married on 08/13/2012

These guys were great! We anticipated well over their "maximum capacity" for their meadow and they were super flexible with that. Bre, the coordinator was great at communicating with me and was really easy going with how hectic things were toward the end.
    I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a beautiful, yet fun and crazy wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Heather · Married on 08/09/2012

I love the Edgefield. My husband and I had already had some great experiences out there and it was my first choice for our wedding. They made everything so easy!! I am not detail-oriented or self-punishing enough to organize half a dozen vendors to set up a site from scratch. The Edgefield already has it all going on and they do weddings all the time so they are seamless in their set-up. I worked with Breanna Shird, one of their event coordinators, and she was awesome. Someone I could easily be friends with. Edgefield is so unpretentious and a great value for all the services they provide. There was a HUGE sold out convert the night of our wedding and a beer tasting event the same night as our wedding which was worrying- but they directed our guests to the parking set up for them and it never felt hectic. Thank you Edgefield!!!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Alisha · Married on 07/10/2012

This. Was. Amazing. Dream come true - seriously. Having our wedding at Edgefield was beyond what I could have hoped for. My family and friends from out of town were able to stay there - which they LOVED. Most had not been to Portland before and were blown away by how awesome and gorgeous the place was. Tandy, our coordinator, and all of the staff were incredible from the get-go. We were married in the Meadow and had our reception in Blackberry Hall - idyllic. My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in Ruby's Spa. It was so fun to have everything in one, incredible place. So fun to run into our wedding guests in the halls and around the grounds. I can not recommend this highly enough. It was absolutely beyond what I could have hoped for in my wedding day and experience.Awesome to have everyone be able to stay there and have the wedding and reception all in one place. Made things so much simpler logistically to do it that way. Really really loved it so so so much. Our guests thought it was amazing, too. We also got married on Tuesday, which meant the cost of Edgefield was half for the wedding space, the grounds were less crowded and the rest of our vendors were more available on short notice - we got engaged in Feb of this year. Really, this is the best place ever.

Sent on 07/13/2012
  • Paula

Paula · Married on 03/16/2012

Fantastic venue! Our reception was held in The Attic, a smaller area on the third floor of the pub house. Not ADA approved, but we had no complaints regarding the three flights of stairs. It was expected, and so dealth with.

As for everything else, food, decor, hospitality, value, etc... was amazing! My hubby and I had so many compliments on the food (especially the Portabello Mushroom Ravioli) and the elegent, yet rustic look to the room (exposed rafters with twinkle lights and great gable windows overlooking the complex).

Tandy, our point person, was excellent. She was always ammenable to any changes we had to make regarding numbers, table positions, food, rooms, and was always available and accessible. She gets a 5 star rating on her own!

The value for our dollar was incredible, too. The room cost was included with a food minimum, and this covered decor, dishes, tables and chairs, linens, and food service (clearing, etc...). I couldn't believe all that we got for our price! My sister is getting married next summer and I'm highly recommending Edgefield to her as a venue.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Ann-Marie · Married on 05/14/2011

Working with Tiffany at the Edgefield for our wedding reception in The Attic was a great experience. Friends of ours are getting married in July and hearing their experiences with their coordinators and their pricing made me appreciate Edgefield and Tiffany even more.
    The food was delicious and many guests commented on how delicious it was. The servers were efficient, really nice and prompt. Service at all the different McMenamins pubs can be ummmm, erratic at times (always nice but you are never sure what food you will end up with) but we had zero issues with the catering staff.
    The prices were very reasonable and the options for food and drink were great. There was lots of flexibility in how you wanted your reception to go.
    The whole process from setting up rooms for all our guests, to them helping us hand out tons of out of town gift bags, to choosing menu items, explaining policies, going over day of details beforehand was a snap. Everything is very clearly spelled out and there were no surprises along the way.
    If you are a McMenamins kind of person, and not everyone is, you will love having your wedding at the Edgefield. Your guests will appreciate a fun, unique place to stay and your details will be handled professionally and the food and booze will be tasty. We are so lucky we chose Edgefield for our wedding reception and wedding weekend.

Sent on 07/07/2011
  • Mrs. Mattocks

Alma · Married on 12/03/2010

I had my ceremony and reception at Blackberry Hall and it was amazing!!!
    Thank you so much!!!!!