McLoone's Pier House Reviews

McLoone's Pier House 3
McLoone's Pier House 4
McLoone's Pier House 5

Lauren · Married on 12/30/2016

McLoone's was everything and more. The entire staff was professional and helpful in making sure we had the best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/27/2019

3.0

We had our wedding reception here in July and couldn't be happier with our choice. The food was phenomenal and you can't beat the atmosphere...an ocean view from virtually every seat. We were concerned about parking in the summer but used their valet service and everything went smoothly. Katie was our wedding coordinator and I loved working with her, she always answered my emails in a timely manner and was always friendly and professional. Every detail was executed to perfection on the wedding. I can't say enough about Nelson, our Maitre D. He was there by our side every second on the wedding day and anticipated our every need. I felt like we had our own personal assistant, he was extremely helpful and gave us great service! Overall, we loved McLoone's and can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Brittany · Married on 08/03/2018

4.2

Had a great experience only problem I had was when a large light bulb fell from the ceiling and shattered in between my two friends sitting down eating dinner. They swept it up like nothing happened and didn’t even send management to ask if my friends were ok. I didn’t find out until after but thought it was absurd and unacceptable. That was 2 inches away from falling on my friend and shattering on her head as it did on the floor. Not to mention the pieces of glass that hit her leg. Other than that we had a good experience. Food is great view is great and our event coordinator Megan was great. One more flaw- you pay $1,200 to get married on the beach and if it rains and you move inside you don’t get it back. All in all my wedding was great just a few minor things that threw me off.

Sent on 08/06/2018

3.5

This is a very tough review to write. First, the venue is gorgeous with its floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean. But do take note of the layout as it may not work for your needs...it is a long room so seating is not "around" the dance floor. Second , throughout the planning process the wedding coordinators were extremely responsive and flexible. They accommodated almost a complete menu change to reflect where I grew up and a very nontraditional schedule of events. However, a few weeks before the wedding they scheduled another party before us which would not have been a problem if they made sure the venue was open to us at the time they previously stated (3:30pm). When the scheduled the other party, they then told us that we would be able to get in at the earliest 4pm which screwed up all the scheduling we'd done with our vendors. There was no real apology from McLoones although they did offer us the use of another room at their downstairs room in the overlap. Then, on our wedding day, the other party left later than 4pm and McLoones was delayed in setting up our ceremony site, pushing us back. In addition, the food we tasted at our tasting was different at our wedding. So I recommend them with caution. The location is amazing whih is why I'm still happy with our choice, but if little details going wrong last minute stress you out, stay away!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Jenny · Married on 08/02/2010

3.0

Overall, I would recommend McLoone's Pier House to future brides. Katie was responsible for my account and she has been very helpful the whole entire time. We checked out all McLoone's prior to reserving this place and we love this one the most out of all three McLoone's. For what it's worth, food was excellent and plenty! My wedding cake was customized by the bakery at McLoone's and it came out perfect, just the way I wanted! I was extremely happy with the whole banquet. The only thing I had to complain was in the beginning, prior to the ceremony, my guests were confused as to where to wait around. Chairs weren't set up early enough and no one was at the front desk to guide my guests. However, after I complained to Katie and Nelson, they did try to fix that and finally gave my guests direction as to where to wait around. Nelson also saved me by making me a temporary garter since I forgot mine! Thanks Nelson! The emergency garter looked great!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Emily · Married on 12/28/2017

3.0

Although there were a few snags during the planning process and a last minute event booked in the space right before our event, The wedding itself went off without a hitch, and we were very impressed with the staff and Nelson the maitr d’ was fantastic!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Brad · Married on 07/01/2011

3.5

McLoone's Pier House is a great spot with a great view. We lucked out and had amazing weather to compliment the beautiful location we chose for our wedding.

The food was very good, and family and friends were still raving about it weeks after our wedding. One negative was that a lot of the banquet staff apparently did not speak English very well, and multiple guests commented to me that the staff did not understand them.

Unfortunately their is also a lack of coordination between the banquet staff and the restaurant staff. The host/hostesses kept telling our guests the wedding was on the beach, even though it was inside. And then they told other guests they could not go upstairs yet, even though the ceremony was about to begin.

We also did not have enough chairs for all of our guests to sit during the ceremony, even though they were aware of our guest count, and even after I said we needed more chairs, about 20 guests still had to stand.

As a wedding reception venue, McLoone's Pier House is a definitive A+ pick, but for a ceremony they have a lot of kinks to work out.

Sent on 08/17/2011

Dana · Married on 08/20/2010

2.0
      2.0
      0.0
      2.5
      3.0

I realize that I got married in a busy season on the beach. But by the pictures in the web site and speaking with the coordinator, I was under the impression that I would have an area on the beach to have my ceremony, as this is what I had paid for. However, when I arrived there, the chairs were not set up...and thank God, because when I saw that they were setting the chairs up on the beach between people sun bathing, I asked that they move me indoors. They accommodated my request, but I was very disappointed in the fact that I had spent so much money and it was nothing like I imagined!

Sent on 10/07/2010